Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Starshark posted:

I mean Satan is evil incarnate and all abominations are possible beneath his gaze... but these guys killed four people!
That's as many people as Killary Clinton and Barack HUSSEIN Obama killed in BENGHAZI! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pakled posted:

I know the liberal coyote in Prickly City doesn't actually say or do anything liberal but cmon, there isn't a liberal in the country who isn't looking forward to 2018.
Based on the logic of "everyone hates Trump, so the mid-term elections are in the bag for us"? That definitely worked out well in 2017.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Xander77 posted:

Based on the logic of "everyone hates Trump, so the mid-term elections are in the bag for us"? That definitely worked out well in 2017.

His approval rate is around 35%.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I always knew the islamic Papist jews were behind the resistance to our dear leader

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starshark posted:

So the mid-term elections are definitely in the bag for us.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Starshark posted:

And? Obama's approval rate above 50% didn't stop the GOP from getting both houses.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cat Mattress posted:

And? Obama's approval rate above 50% didn't stop the GOP from getting both houses.

Seriously.
You'd think they would have learned in November to not assume elections are in the bag just because the other side is Less Charismatic Hitler.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Xander77 posted:

So the mid-term elections are definitely in the bag for us.

Maaaaybe. Remember that we aren't voting for President in mid-terms!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

BarbarianElephant posted:

Maaaaybe. Remember that we aren't voting for President in mid-terms!

Which means less people will be aware of it because it isn't Presidential.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Lord Hydronium posted:

That's as many people as Killary Clinton and Barack HUSSEIN Obama killed in BENGHAZI! :argh:

9/11 and its death toll of 2.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Lemniscate Blue posted:

A Pepe Tauroctony? Now I have literally seen everything.

Seems like a natural fit, what with being exclusively male and hanging out in windowless basements.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Do right wing idiots just assume everyone is as stupid and incapable of understanding cause and effect as they are? How simple do you have to be to think Macron meant anything like this

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Discendo Vox posted:

...what is "gab.bai"?

A misspelling.

Wikipedia posted:

Gab was created in August 2016 as an alternative to social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Founder and CEO Andrew Torba cited dissatisfaction with "the entirely left-leaning Big Social monopoly" as part of the inspiration for Gab, which he created "after reading reports that Facebook employees suppress conservative articles". Torba said in November that the site's user base had expanded significantly following censorship controversies involving major social media companies, including the permanent suspensions from Twitter of several prominent conservative and "alt-right" accounts.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hasn't Trump already switched over to "collusion happened but it's normal"?

edit: or at least "My son met with Russian agents to get dirt and that's normal"?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 17, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have to say, blind folks are probably fed up at being depicted as pencil-selling beggars. (I know, I know, "lucky they won't see it then.")

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Pope is back from break:

edit: Depicted are Australian PMs in order, hence the two Kevin Rudds.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 17, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I'm really dissapointed we haven't seen some photoshops of this.

Like, even just shopping it so she's holding up one that says "Screw you" and "We got ours".

Awww, are poor widdle republicans gonna have to answer for the atrocities they've done? Why can't we make the 2018 election about important things, like Chelsea Clinton?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I really don't get Sean Delonas. Trump seems like exactly the kind of guy he, a fellow flesh monster masquerading as a human being, would love. Although overall the cartoon sort of has a mixed message so who knows.

He might have a shred of patriotism and really hates someone selling out America to gain power.

Crabtree posted:

Which means less people will be aware of it because it isn't Presidential.
And thats why Democrats have never won a single midterm election in the history of America, because by a quirk they can only vote in presidential elections. Thats totally what happens and isn't just people who started paying attention in 2008 not understanding what elections look like.

People who are pissed off with the party that holds the white house turn out to vote to say gently caress you. People on the other side have to defend their parties actions and can't run on "the other side IS A BITCH! gently caress HER!"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Finally, a funny Ramirez

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hasn't Trump already switched over to "collusion happened but it's normal"?

yes

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/trump-collusion-normal-defense-trump-jr-tweet/533856/

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fulchrum posted:

I'm really dissapointed we haven't seen some photoshops of this.

Like, even just shopping it so she's holding up one that says "Screw you" and "We got ours".

They all happened back when she did that stunt. It'd old news now.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Tobermory posted:

Seems like a natural fit, what with being exclusively male and hanging out in windowless basements.

Oh, very well done. :golfclap:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Those clowns in parliament are at it again.

What a bunch of clowns.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Australian cartoons go with an obvious variant:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

It really must be comforting to lump everyone you're opposed to into one monolithic "Enemy" group, which is motivated solely by evil and by hatred of good things (like your chosen leader). That way, you don't have to do any deep thinking of why anyone does what they do, or what you can do to understand their grievances, or any kind of introspection or self-reflection whatsoever.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Sargon of TN posted:

"I'd just put Stephen Bannon into a taxi. Stephen had been mixing his rye with his gin, and I just felt that he needed conveying. Well, anyway, I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, 'Good evening, Mr. Trump.' Well, I turned around and there was John Miller leaning up against a lamp-post."

:golfclap: My all-time favorite Jimmy Stewart moment.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess this represents a claim that a college education prevents you from repeating fake news but is that actually established?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm the carefully drawn Adam's apple.

Telnaes knows her classic animation hats.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
So it seems Trumpcare's gone belly-up for the time being. Was there any cartoonist left who actually supported it? Some shits like Ramirez et al were quick to pre-emptively adopt the "WELL ACTUALLY THIS IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T GET RID OF ENTITLEMENTS" position, others were a bit more nebulously against it, but was anyone actually for it?
Matter of fact, I don't remember Garrison letting out a single peep about healthcare.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Selachian posted:

Telnaes knows her classic animation hats.

Rocky and Mugsy are classic.

Also that's certainly intentional and obvious when it's pointed out, but I didn't spot it until you did. Well done.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SexyBlindfold posted:

So it seems Trumpcare's gone belly-up for the time being. Was there any cartoonist left who actually supported it? Some shits like Ramirez et al were quick to pre-emptively adopt the "WELL ACTUALLY THIS IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T GET RID OF ENTITLEMENTS" position, others were a bit more nebulously against it, but was anyone actually for it?
Matter of fact, I don't remember Garrison letting out a single peep about healthcare.

Garrison doesn't give two shits about actual policy. Because he's a libertarian at heart and thus can't really tow the GOP party line.

The only people likely to actually shed a tear over trumpcare itself and not just continue railing against obamacare are Branco and probably Rall, somehow.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

I believe Branco was for it, because he's even more of a Trumpboy that Garrison.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/bilalfarooqui/status/887025375754166272

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A Douglas Adams future is too good for us.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Oh wow, that's a robot deathtrap.

Robots need to unionise to ban clearly unsafe working environments like that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I mean, yeah, an election is ideally supposed to reflect the interests of the voting public, so when a foreign government tips the scales, that means the results of the election no longer accurately reflect the real desires of electorate, which is a huge problem since our political system is founded upon the idea that the best government is responsible towards the people.

A charity, on the other hand, is not any of those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pakled posted:

I mean, yeah, an election is ideally supposed to reflect the interests of the voting public, so when a foreign government tips the scales, that means the results of the election no longer accurately reflect the real desires of electorate, which is a huge problem since our political system is founded upon the idea that the best government is responsible towards the people.

A charity, on the other hand, is not any of those things.

I mean, what's the cartoonist suggesting is the alternative? That private foundations should be barred from engaging in business with whoever they choose? :monocle:

• Locked thread