Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

I wish we had a better animal for derails than a bird. Birds loving suck.

How about a brontosaurus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

monster on a stick posted:

Holy poo poo, this is proof positive that evolution is correct. They started with dinosaurs and turned into birds!

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

baquerd posted:

Holy poo poo, this is proof positive that evolution is correct. They started with dinosaurs and turned into birds!

Brontos didn't get to evolve into birds, sadly. Only the bitey ones.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

monster on a stick posted:

Excuse me, but they actually got recategorized as apatosaurus and :goonsay:

I wonder how much the truck cost in the first place. I know that interest rate plus that loan length means they were paying approximately jack poo poo on the principal, but I'd have a lot less sympathy if they bought a shiny new brotruck instead of a used work truck that could do the same job.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes, you like to say a lot of racist things.

:rolleyes: Guess what year Roe V Wade was.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

canyoneer posted:

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6nmol7/az_tn_can_a_tenant_decide_rent_is_considered_paid/
Don't rent to family. Don't be an absentee landlord. Don't rent without a detailed, well put together lease.

Can a tenant decide rent is considered paid based on personal circumstances?

:munch:

I decree with my legal training that everyone involved in a terrible person.

-Don't practice in AZ but the lease expired so you probably have an ongoing month to month tenancy. I'm sure AZ has some version of a notice to vacate Dad can serve DIL with X number of days notice. Will probably need to evict because she sounds crazy.
-Dad needs to figure out that DIL isn't ever going to pay him a dime and cut his losses.
-DIL sounds insufferable based on that pseudo legal letter and spousal abuse.
-Son sounds insufferable based on spousal/stove abuse. What the hell are they even doing to all these appliances?
-There's an excellent chance the insurance Dad has on the house is his standard homeowner's insurance instead of landlord insurance for a rental property. They probably aren't going to be happy to learn about this situation.
-Insurance companies aren't Judge Judy. If it's not specifically covered in the agreement then they're not paying. Even if it is covered in the agreement they still might not pay. They're definitely not paying a third party in some surprise landlord-tenant relationship they just found out about.
-Landlord's insurance typically covers the building, not the tenant's stuff. That's why tenants need renter's insurance.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Enfys posted:

:argh: MILLENNIALS :argh:

Good thing most of these sites are irrelevant.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Betteridge's law still going strong.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Non Serviam posted:

No, because you say "THAT IS RACIST!!!" based on your own opinion, never addressing whether something is true or not.
Also, because you're a mentally ill person.

When someone pulls out the "THAT'S RACIST YOU'RE RACIST" in a discussion, the discussion is pretty much over.

Plus if history serves me correctly, thousands of years of racism has, by and large, been GWM (at least for the dominant side). So the subject has no place in this thread.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up FYI derail bird happens because of derails and don't think it exists for any other reason.

Have some delicious clearance adjudication for this BWM thread dying of BWM-thirst.

quote:

In December 2005, while he was working on a temporary assignment in his hometown, some 345 miles from his permanent duty location, without any assurances that the assignment would become long-term, Applicant purchased a residence for $114,900. The financial problems associated with the national economic crisis subsequently resulted in massive layoffs in his field. It also terminated his anticipated relocation. Applicant was able to sustain his first and second mortgages while his sister resided in the residence. Once she moved out and he was unable to locate renters, the financial burden began as he was required to make his monthly mortgage payments in addition to his rent payments. The burden was simply too great. Applicant tried selling the residence, but three short-sales fell through when the first mortgage lender refused to agree to the sales. The residence remained vacant for nearly eight months. The first mortgage holder foreclosed on the mortgage, and in May 2014, the property was sold at public auction for $20,100. No deficiency judgment was pursued. Applicant still owes the second mortgage holder the unpaid balance of that mortgage, but Applicant's attorney is attempting to work with his second mortgage creditor in an effort to settle the outstanding balance. Applicant has no other delinquent accounts. Applicant's actions under the circumstances do not cast doubt on his current reliability, trustworthiness, and good judgment. Eligibility is granted.

Insanely bad decisions but at least he came out of (mostly) alright?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
As usual, it's because the applicant is trying to own up to the mistake and is making actual plans to fix it, instead of pretending that it never happened.

Also, TB posts are good posts, even if (and sometimes because!) they go from 0 to You're An Awful Person in like two posts.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Also, TB posts are good posts, even if (and sometimes because!) they go from 0 to You're An Awful Person in like two posts.

Yeah TB I think you're generally a good poster though I think you'd help yourself out if you posted a source whenever you call someone out for being a racist or whatever. Like I agree with your reasoning most of the time and appreciate that you do it (and think more posters should, honestly) I just think that without a source people easily dismiss it as ~SJW screeching~ or whatever

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Whenever I see someone scream "Racism!" as a first resort, I am reminded of a post I read on another forum stating that Trevor from GTA V was a good person, solely because he was critical of the SAPD's treatment of African Americans.

The cannibal, career criminal, serial killer and bank robber Trevor.

Infinitely shallow and one dimensional viewpoints notwithstanding, have some content.

CONTENT:

In conversation with my friend recently, he mentioned that his idiot boss at a popular hot springs around here stood by and did absolutely nothing when a bookkeeper embezzled AU$6 MILLION, and fled to Canada in her own good time.

Said boss refuses to hire any relatively unskilled positions, such as cleaning staff, that don't have a ludicrous amount of experience (5+ years) in a similar job, and when he does hire someone, they are usually ranging from bone idle to perpetually drunk. All of the new staff last about two weeks before absconding into the ether, never to return.

Still, this means my friend's position is ironclad, so it's not all bad.

EDIT: He also told me that when he went down to the bank to sort out "some stuff", they repeatedly tried to offer him loans for new cars / holidays. I thought the days of ultra-easy credit ended in 2008.

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 18, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Krispy Kareem posted:

When someone pulls out the "THAT'S RACIST YOU'RE RACIST" in a discussion, the discussion is pretty much over.

Plus if history serves me correctly, thousands of years of racism has, by and large, been GWM (at least for the dominant side). So the subject has no place in this thread.

Or you could just have said "sorry my bad" you giant loving baby jfc. Anyone could mistakenly repeat some racist pseudoscience - the world is full of it. But when you choose to double down instead of learning something and moving on, that's on you.

ate all the Oreos posted:

Yeah TB I think you're generally a good poster though I think you'd help yourself out if you posted a source whenever you call someone out for being a racist or whatever. Like I agree with your reasoning most of the time and appreciate that you do it (and think more posters should, honestly) I just think that without a source people easily dismiss it as ~SJW screeching~ or whatever

If citations would sway the kind of person who screeches "SJW!" at the first hint of criticism there wouldn't be any racists left. There are no cites for common racist stumbling blocks like "black people are human" anyway. Either you respect the humanity of other people and are open to improving how you express that respect, or you aren't.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 18, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Dad found a 20% off deal on fugu sushi, and apparently the chef does the tiny tiny piece of liver thing

Discounts on fugu: gwm, bwl

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

curufinor posted:

Dad found a 20% off deal on fugu sushi, and apparently the chef does the tiny tiny piece of liver thing

Discounts on fugu: gwm, bwl

You only live once

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Virtue posted:

You only live once

See if i have a dad by tomorrow

Lol he ate fugu every friday for 17 weeks once

He's in Korea, we're in the States, what can we do

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Virtue posted:

You only live once

And it's a very short life if you eat potentially deadly seafood, even more so on a discount.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Other foods from Korea, actually bwm:

Whale is easily 20 dollars equivalent for a little bit in a sketchy sushi place
Korea sketchy, so basically not actually unsafe
Dog is pretty extortionate compared even to beef
You can't import from Australia is why, i guess

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

If citations would sway the kind of person who screeches "SJW!" at the first hint of criticism there wouldn't be any racists left. There are no cites for common racist stumbling blocks like "black people are human" anyway. Either you respect the humanity of other people and are open to improving how you express that respect, or you aren't.

Just to be clear I specifically meant about the abortion thing not "black people are actually human" since yeah if you don't agree with that you're not really gonna, uh, get very far.

Anyway talk to you in 30 days I guess

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
gently caress fugu. we were spear fishing one weekend hoping to get any kind of fish to complement our meat exclusive bbq and kept catching fugu. the one thing we can't eat.

on that topic, fishing and foraging on camping trips is insanely gwm. once we were exploring a severely depopulated island and stumbled upon an abandoned shiitake mushroom farm and collected a ton of high quality and obviously as fresh as possible shiitakes, and had the local lady cook it for us with our dinner. i still got the pics saved:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
circumstances in my life have probably dictated that i will, unless the apocalypse happens, only ever get my mushrooms from the drat store
cuz the upside's like $10 saved on drat good mushrooms
downside's possible agonizing death of liver failure over multiple days

same reason why i only had fugu twice

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah that's cool but seriously you're missing out on some primo shrooms bro :shroom: :shroom:

(i wouldn't suggest anybody do it unless they really, really knew what they're doing either)

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Zo posted:

yeah that's cool but seriously you're missing out on some primo shrooms bro :shroom: :shroom:

(i wouldn't suggest anybody do it unless they really, really knew what they're doing either)

that sort of shrooms, you just go on to certain parts of sf and there'll be some folks

the cops are vaguely fine w/ it, just don't attract attention. very reasonable price, cuz there's lots of competition. bring only cash and your clipper card

e: holy loving poo poo there's yelp reviews

e2: holy loving poo poo you're supposed to not smoke cigarettes where people sell weed lol

curufinor fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 18, 2017

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Guest2553 posted:

Leon's stories are like raw fentanyl straight to the urethra

:stonk:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Zo posted:

gently caress fugu. we were spear fishing one weekend hoping to get any kind of fish to complement our meat exclusive bbq and kept catching fugu. the one thing we can't eat.

on that topic, fishing and foraging on camping trips is insanely gwm. once we were exploring a severely depopulated island and stumbled upon an abandoned shiitake mushroom farm and collected a ton of high quality and obviously as fresh as possible shiitakes, and had the local lady cook it for us with our dinner. i still got the pics saved:

Foraging is awesome and very much gwm and gwl

A lot of teenagers around here make a bit of spare cash in the autumn by foraging for mushrooms in the forests and selling them to fancy shops and restaurants. You can come back with baskets of delicious goodness.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Zo posted:

we were spear fishing one weekend hoping to get any kind of fish to complement our meat exclusive bbq and kept catching fugu. the one thing we can't eat.

Were you spear fishing blind or something?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Were you spear fishing blind or something?
we subscribe to the "kill everything on sight" school of spearfishing, and turns out only fugu are slow and dumb enough to be caught by our $5 rakuten chinese spears

well, also jellyfish, but we didnt each them either

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
And this is why I am far superior to TB. I may be an extremist, but at least I have the self-awareness that I am one. Whereas TB is simply a crazy person.

I only don't have any (or at least negligible) compassion for strangers. Which is a perfectly justifiable and logical position, even if socially frowned upon.

if you thought that mothers getting abortions were previously birthing children thousands of times more criminal than average. What color might those babies be hmm...
Yea, I wonder which race...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

John Smith posted:

I only don't have any (or at least negligible) compassion for strangers. Which is a perfectly justifiable and logical position, even if socially frowned upon.

Tell us more about how being an edgy teen sociopath is completely logical and justifiable because you thought about it really hard once friend

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

God drat it's like a revolving door in here with those two.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Hoodwinker posted:

God drat it's like a revolving door in here with those two.
one down, one to go

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
TB converts more people to Breitbart than to HuffPo/CNN.

Actual BWM: a coworker has said they have to get a new truck/SUV despite their long commute, because they want to be able to tow a camper. This coworker is on a small salary and a camper definitely shouldn't be on their wishlist. This maybe isn't the craziest BWM story, but it's one of those things that adds up over time when compounded with other similar decisions. It makes my miserly heart cringe.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tell us more about how being an edgy teen sociopath is completely logical and justifiable because you thought about it really hard once friend
I think that I may not necessarily fit the formal criteria.

It is not about being edgy, since that is about seeking the approval of others (which I generally do not value). It is about securing your self-interest in all aspects, whether in your career or financial security.

Or are you going to argue that securing your own self-interest is not logical or justifiable? Securing one's self-interest is going to be rather difficult for you to make fun of. It is honest, sincere and heartfelt. What is not to get? I have enough. I want more.

Edit:

Yet you bring it up all the time :thunk:

"Securing your self-interest" and "[not] having compassion for others" are completely different things that are not connected, unless your view of the world is "everything someone else has is something that I do not have but should have instead of them." I am perfectly capable of securing my own self-interest and also helping (or at least not dehumanizing) others in the process.

e: Alright I'll stop talking about this now, go ahead and say whatever you want in response to this and I'll leave it at that
Calling out fake people, that is all. People like TB who are failures in life and just want to blame everyone else for their poo poo. Helping others is (generally) not in your self-interest. Simple as that.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 18, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

John Smith posted:

It is not about being edgy, since that is about seeking the approval of others (which I generally do not value). It is about securing your self-interest in all aspects, whether in your career or financial security.

Or are you going to argue that securing your own self-interest is not logical or justifiable? Securing one's self-interest is going to be rather difficult for you to make fun of. It is honest, sincere and heartfelt. What is not to get? I have enough. I want more.
I don't know how to explain to you why you should care about other people and I'm certain that is the absolute wrongest place to try

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

John Smith posted:

It is not about being edgy, since that is about seeking the approval of others (which I generally do not value).

Yet you bring it up all the time :thunk:

John Smith posted:

It is about securing your self-interest in all aspects, whether in your career or financial security. Or are you going to argue that securing your own self-interest is not logical or justifiable?

Securing one's self-interest is going to be rather difficult for you to make fun of. It is honest, sincere and heartfelt. What is not to get?

"Securing your self-interest" and "[not] having compassion for others" are completely different things that are not connected, unless your view of the world is "everything someone else has is something that I do not have but should have instead of them." I am perfectly capable of securing my own self-interest and also helping (or at least not dehumanizing) others in the process.

e: Alright I'll stop talking about this now, go ahead and say whatever you want in response to this and I'll leave it at that

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 18, 2017

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

John Smith posted:

And this is why I am far superior to TB. I may be an extremist, but at least I have the self-awareness that I am one. Whereas TB is simply a crazy person.

Yea, I wonder which race...

Things that could get you probated
This list includes actions that could get you probated. I say could because, as always, funny/informative/interesting posts are always welcome in BFC. However, the following types of posts usually don't add enough value relative to the trouble they cause:
Talking about yourself

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Please.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
If you people would stop quoting him I’d never have to see his posts.

TB may think I’m a racist, but I’d never block her because she’s at least entertaining on this dead gay forum.