Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

← Thanks :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

An extra five seconds on BotD and the shame option of sonic thrust as a two-gcd BotD extender will probably be enough for most fights

It's pretty annoying in dungeons from what I hear

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

It's pretty annoying in dungeons from what I hear

It's fine if the tank just pulls instead of spending a full minute masturbating before each boss

Sonic thrust will help a lot there too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Well I mean when the hell ELSE are you going to masturbate

(e) ok yeah it is clearly bedtime

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

cheetah7071 posted:

An extra five seconds on BotD and the shame option of sonic thrust as a two-gcd BotD extender will probably be enough for most fights

Oh, good catch 99, I completely skipped the Sonic Thrust BOTD extension.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
*reaches boss*
*waits for everyone to cross purple line*
*waits an extra twenty seconds, just to be sure*
*does a ready check*
*waits another five seconds*
*starts a twenty second countdown*
*pulls five seconds after the countdown finishes*

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
loving pvp 1v1 me right now

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

cheetah7071 posted:

*reaches boss*
*does a ready check*

You forgot the part where they blow half their CDs at the 5 second mark.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I do appreciate when tanks wait for everyone to cross the purple line, at least as Ninja it's nice to be able to wait a couple secs for Ninjutsu to come back, fully refresh Huton then Hide.

The rest is obviously overkill :v:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Countblanc posted:

does someone who knows more about tanks than me want to give me the breakdown on DRK? the ones I'm talking to are pretty adamant that they'll be doing worse damage than paladins and warriors with worse mitigation post-patch, but i don't know what the current numbers look like

Dark Knight will probably still be third place, but on actual fights the damage was quite close before and now it should be even closer.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Guess they think MCH numbers are in a good place compared to BRD which has better numbers and party buffs?????
It's doing better than SMN...! :downs:

I love MCH and the current iteration is really fun to play, but at this point I'm not really sure that Square understands why people avoid it and it performs poorly. Admittedly having an overheat mechanic and still keeping wildfire around was probably the first bad sign...

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Steel Cyclone returning to the glory days of 1.23, beautiful.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

cheetah7071 posted:

*reaches boss*
*does a ready check*

Too true. Personal favorite is the senseless pause while running to ostensibly pull the boss.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

I'm glad that paladins didn't get a cast time increase on Holy Spirit, since I already sometimes clip into my Requiescat if I happen to have to move for a mechanic. Or if someone happens to sneeze on the servers and I have 130ping for a second. It's a shame about Dark Knight, but that class needs a lot more right now than a .0x patch can offer.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
There's definitely some substantial stuff you can do with DRK that consists completely of massaging numbers, like giving dark passenger a 0 base mp cost.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
maybe I should level BLM next now

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Maximum Chenergy posted:

I'm glad that paladins didn't get a cast time increase on Holy Spirit, since I already sometimes clip into my Requiescat if I happen to have to move for a mechanic. Or if someone happens to sneeze on the servers and I have 130ping for a second. It's a shame about Dark Knight, but that class needs a lot more right now than a .0x patch can offer.

Oh no, 130 ping, whatever will you do :geno:

I'm happy when my ping is consistently in the 180's...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New crafted gear is ilvl 320.
Lakshmi accessories of Fending have 40 Strength.
Unaugmented Creation Tomestone weapons are ilvl 330.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh no, 130 ping, whatever will you do :geno:

I'm happy when my ping is consistently in the 180's...

The point I'm making is that the timing is really tight with Good Ping. I can't imagine getting 5x Holy Spirit in with your amount of ping.

Hence why I'm glad they didn't touch the cast time of it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Neo-Exdeath: http://imgur.com/a/kpGnR

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

I've never been more erect in my life.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So there are too much to say about the patch note, I don't want to get into details, just show some thinking about AST.

The Balance
For those who don't know what 10% balance means, just go to FFlogs to see how many white mages are there in the top 100 speedkill. Notice, it's a speedkill ranking, which is the strong point of AST as many people believe, let alone earlystage raiding,and you will know how bad AST is at that time. I've seen some people are saying "Oh it's just make AST not so OP and you are still good now". Well, I've thought of the devs nerfing it to 15%, that would be good and keep the balance among healers. 10% is not good, it just let WHM beat AST again, that's not how job adjustments work.

The Spear
Spear is 1/3 of a balance and arrow by simple math, so never use it unless some very specific minor situations, and don't cheer up "Oh we have no useless card now!". It's definitely still a useless card even now. It helps nothing except catering some players' crying about useless spear before.

PLL
just from my perspective, the changes of AST is as significant as those of SCH and BLM, but nothing was told in PLL. Okay, YoshiP apologized for the minor nerf of paladin and ninja, and silently make AST become this trash again, it's literally unreasonable.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Jehuti posted:

I've never been more erect in my life.

And judging by that secnod picture, neither has he.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A new emote- An illustrated manual detailing how to dance like a snowflake on the wind. Use to learn the /iceheart emote.","Ballroom Etiquette - Diamond Dust

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hogama posted:

A new emote- An illustrated manual detailing how to dance like a snowflake on the wind. Use to learn the /iceheart emote.","Ballroom Etiquette - Diamond Dust

Presumably from Lost Canals

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Are there any aquapolis-only emotes? Dang, should I be stocking up on HW maps?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Datamining says Edda's PotD outfit is in. Gonna guess it's mogstation but it could be crafted or Lost Canals I guess.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Her scythe is a THM/BLM weapon. My mistake, there's one for all the two-handers.
MRD/WAR, LNC/DRG, DRK, CNJ/WHM, THM/BLM.

The wardrobe itself is female only, naturally.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 18, 2017

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

TheRagamuffin posted:

Are there any aquapolis-only emotes? Dang, should I be stocking up on HW maps?

There's the Samsonian locks hairstyle book, but it should be on the MB for fairly cheap by now.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

From the updated press kit.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
All those scantily clad catgirls, and I just want my very own cactaur in an olde schoole diving helmet.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Here's the rundown for class balance changes:
AST - UNPLAYABLE
WHM - UNPLAYABLE
SCH - UNPLAYABLE
WAR - UNPLAYABLE
PLD - UNPLAYABLE
DRK - UNPLAYABLE
MNK -UNPLAYABLE
DRG - UNPLAYABLE
MCH -UNPLAYABLE
BLM - UNPLAYABLE
SMN - UNPLAYABLE
MCH - UNPLAYABLE
BRD - ok i guess
RDM - ok i guess
SAM - PLAYABLE

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Genji weapons.
Lost Allagan weapons.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jul 18, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hmm, PLD gets a shichishito, WAR axe has seals wrapped all over it like there's something bound inside. I like. =D

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
(goddammit servers went down for maintenance just as I was about to get my chocobo :sigh: ...)

While we wait, and unrelated to all of these balance changes, but:
Ninja is really high on the list of classes I suspect I'll enjoy, but holy heck Rogue seems awfully tedious. Like, I'm up to 16 I think and I still only have two real attack skills. (Assassinate doesn't count, because the timer's so long and it's pretty much overkill against your typical trash mob enemies anyways.) I guess Monk was pretty dull until Twin Snakes, but I still had a 3-skill combo and a self-buff by lvl 10. And Archer feels great, with all of that already by lvl 6; by 12 Archer's got an Execute on a short enough cooldown to feel useful AND an additional off-GCD attack.

Am I just missing something, or is Rogue really gonna be this dull up until 26(!!) when I finally get Aeolian Edge?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ghost of Starman posted:

Am I just missing something, or is Rogue really gonna be this dull up until 26(!!) when I finally get Aeolian Edge?

Welcome to most classes

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

cheetah7071 posted:

Welcome to most classes

Which class has the dullest soloing combo early?

Arcanist has you pressing 3 2 and then mashing 1 for the next 20 seconds but there's surely something just as dull.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bewilderment posted:

Which class has the dullest soloing combo early?

Arcanist has you pressing 3 2 and then mashing 1 for the next 20 seconds but there's surely something just as dull.

whm is aero then spam stone all the way until you get aero 3 at 58

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
:siren: SHIVA EMOTE :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice