Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow I wrote about how unfun sch is yesterday with pets being annoying and the new fairy-using actions being wrecked by movement. The changes they've had really turn my opinion around. Not by a full 180, mind, but enough to try leveling my 60 sch over my 55 ast for a while to see how it shakes out. I was totally ready to drop my membership in the book club. Good work SE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
learning is power!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Servers are up

Gonna stay up waaaaaay too late doing maps

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

They implement this and not the Chinese angel/devil wings? :thunk:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
O1S just got creamed in 2 pulls. wouldn't be surprised if some groups manage to 1 shot. Free accessories for all

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Are all wings open already or are they staggered? Also how does the savage gear dye?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Where do I get the augmentation catalyst?

edit: in savage, ugh

Shy fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 18, 2017

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Jinh posted:

Wow I wrote about how unfun sch is yesterday with pets being annoying and the new fairy-using actions being wrecked by movement. The changes they've had really turn my opinion around. Not by a full 180, mind, but enough to try leveling my 60 sch over my 55 ast for a while to see how it shakes out. I was totally ready to drop my membership in the book club. Good work SE!

Huh. The changes we got today didn't change a single thing about the feel of the class that you lamented in your first sentence.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

Sonic Thrust
The combo bonus "Increases Blood of the Dragon duration by 10s to a maximum of 30s" has been added.
Nice

Kinda lame they didn't adjust Mirage Dives, LOTD, or Nastrond much at all.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I remember seeing something about Mirage Dives will be adjusted but it didn't make it in time for this patch.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Shy posted:

Where do I get the augmentation catalyst?

edit: in savage, ugh

Yeah, it'll be this way until the 24-man raid probably in 4.1?

Some patch thoughts:
- gently caress yeah STR on tank right side!
- 40 at i320 and 41 at i330...dat scaling...
- New tome gear looks nice, if a little bland
- 30 pot nerf on Holy Spirit isn't too bad, at least they left PLD alone otherwise
- New crafted gear at i320 is cool, looks like they're recolors of the 2nd crystal tower raid?
- New glamour stuff is cool looking
- When the hell am I going to get to augment my AF3? Don't call it antiquated if I can't upgrade it to dye it!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So whats the top melds for crafting now that we got the books?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy gently caress

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

Huh. The changes we got today didn't change a single thing about the feel of the class that you lamented in your first sentence.

The fey union changes fix the ability for the most part, meaning that if the tank needs to move for a mechanic then the fairy tether won't be broken as easily. It also doesn't waste gauge now in the event of a break.

There's always gonna be pet lag and interrupted abilities from moving, and it's pretty aggravating but not as bad when it's not the main 70 gimmick being broken. That's what I meant by not a complete 180. Sorry for not being clearer.

E: also happy about new gear but sad we can't augment our af3. I wanna make the rdm hat a slightly different shade of red to match other outfits better!

Jinh fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 18, 2017

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Got to the bottom of the Lost Canals, saw kick fish friend minion drop, didn't get it :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

where is the new glamour gotten from?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Ran a couple of dungeons, confessions stacks aren't good, but now they aren't as bad. I don't know how to feel about them right now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ahhhhhh..

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

With the increase to potency, Storm's Path is no going to be the ideal finisher for WAR DPS correct? It's only 10 potency behind Butcher's Block but increases beast gauge by 20 instead of 10.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've updated my 'which cards to use guide' to say throw all of them in the dumpster now along with AST and MCH.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Looks like steel cyclone is around a 20% heal?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

queeb posted:

Looks like steel cyclone is around a 20% heal?

Yeah, more or less.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Jinh posted:

The main thing that SCH needs now is for Adlo to be a bit cheaper, or for SE to just bite the bullet and give us a way to generate a guaranteed crit, even if it's on a 2-3 minute cooldown or some poo poo. The design right now encourages fishing for crits at important moments, but unlike ARR or HW, you get punished for trying to play well if you get unlucky, even with crit stacking.

Also I am glad WAR got the buffs it needed :)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I have nothing to say about the patch because I am still only level 67 and moving through the story, but I wanted to say that sometimes I like to pretend that the people in DF who never talk are just other players' retainers on quick ventures to get them stuff.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ez game?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Let's play a game, shall we?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Minrad posted:

Let's play a game, shall we?

havin some real tea right now

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

what kind of sick gently caress puts dps at the top of the party list instead of the dumpster pile at the bottom where they belong

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'd love to hear from someone who plays WAR whether the patch changes are as good as they look. It looks like they changed a lot of the things people were dissatisfied with, right?

Also: Astrologian changes. Thoughts on those? I've been hearing that this Balance nerf was a long time coming, but I wasn't expecting the Spear change, which looks like a straight upgrade to what it was before. And new actions to ditch Royal Road and Spread cards seem good, though it's silly that they have to take up space on your bar, I guess.

It's kind of amusing that neither of the jobs that I play much of even appeared on the patch notes. Red Mage: was great before, still great.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Congrats on somehow managing to actually nerf machinist

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Harrow posted:

I'd love to hear from someone who plays WAR whether the patch changes are as good as they look. It looks like they changed a lot of the things people were dissatisfied with, right?

Also: Astrologian changes. Thoughts on those? I've been hearing that this Balance nerf was a long time coming, but I wasn't expecting the Spear change, which looks like a straight upgrade to what it was before. And new actions to ditch Royal Road and Spread cards seem good, though it's silly that they have to take up space on your bar, I guess.

It's kind of amusing that neither of the jobs that I play much of even appeared on the patch notes. Red Mage: was great before, still great.

im leveling a war so I can speak for end game but man its a lot smoother now, swapping stances and keeping your bar is awesome. also the heal on cyclone isnt bad and definitely helps with multi pulls

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

what kind of sick gently caress puts dps at the top of the party list instead of the dumpster pile at the bottom where they belong
I used to play Dragoon and used a macro with <2> in it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

You mean you can look at a party list that doesn't have role colours nicely grouped up???

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
new plenary owns

its laughable that i can not care about my lily meter even harder now tho

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
45 second aetherflow has to be experienced to be believed, it's amazing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
world first group doing omega 3.0 savage, looks nutty

https://www.twitch.tv/foldasaurus

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

Harrow posted:

It helps and it definitely feels playable now in a way it did not before, but ultimately the pacing is still hosed up (read: slow as hell) compared to HW and cleave spam makes it less punchy and satisfying to pull off a nice Berserk/IR window. Regardless of the actual numbers, I feel like less of a badass than I did before. My complaints won't speak to everyone, of course.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
penta melded crafted right side bis for tanks farrrrrrrrrrrt

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wait you can overmeld with VI's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What is the overmeld chance for VI :catstare: