Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tesseraction posted:

McConnell doesn't dare because then a Dem majority would steamroll them, and he's well aware the electoral calculus is keeping them afloat only so long.

The dems will never hold a senate majority again in our lifetimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

because budget reconciliation

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

you willing to toxx on it???

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

:ohdear:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Crusader posted:

the smallest, smoothest of brains

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/845005456082821120

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

🗡️🐲

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Squizzle posted:

🗡️🐲

:thurman:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Budget Dracula posted:

i thought they changed the rules so they only needed the simple majority for everything now?

Not yet. McConnell isn't that dumb. He knows anti-Trump fervor + shifting demos + the fact that democrats didn't win the senate/house but they did gain seats last year means the GOP is actually not sitting as prettily as they'd like. Kill the filibuster, the only thing that kept the GOP alive during the early GOP years, and democrats will be able to rub his face in poo poo forever.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bob refuses to vote for the kill bob amendment. Bob is really holding this whole process up. Something needs to be done about bob.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Squizzle posted:

The Supreme Court has been stacked and they'll likely get two more seats. They've been testing modern viable methods of voter suppression for the past decade. If they control redistricting in 2020 the Democratic Party might as well disband.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

🗡️🐲

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

senate can't be gerrymandered, but it does give way to much representation to corn fields.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Squizzle posted:

🗡️🐲

my chrome doesn't show emojis pls fill me in

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

pet peeve: it's not "packing the court" to fill existing vacancies. packing the court is creating brand new seats to change the court makeup out of the blue

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

The Candy Room in question for the uninitiated student of Notch:

This is in the crib? LOL

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

One of my personal hobbies is publicly and visibly humiliating wypipo who claim to have been military — especially special forces — when they very clearly have not been, by asking them very basic loving questions that anyone who's actually even graduated basic training would know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-g0NGE9W8&t=124s

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

zegermans posted:

senate can't be gerrymandered, but it does give way to much representation to corn fields.

The dems aren't getting a majority anywhere ever again. The modern GOP has made it clear that they don't care for the whole concept of democracy and they currently control everything.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

zegermans posted:

my chrome doesn't show emojis pls fill me in

Imagine a st George emoji

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

Certainly not in 2018, unless a massive case of whiteitis kills a bunch of deep-red state racists. But 2020 is a potential. Mind you that's still just under 3.5 years away lmao

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

zegermans posted:

pet peeve: it's not "packing the court" to fill existing vacancies. packing the court is creating brand new seats to change the court makeup out of the blue

Just refusing to consider a nomination certainly isn't normal either.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's true. I've heard stories that the CIA got some of the the weapons for the bay of pigs from the New York mob

It's not more odd than the FBI having mob informants and connections. Intelligence organizations tend to have underworld connections, there's nothing odd or even bad about it.

However only the Russians went so far as to integrated the mob, security services, and business. It's a really unique situation.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tesseraction posted:

Certainly not in 2018, unless a massive case of whiteitis kills a bunch of deep-red state racists. But 2020 is a potential. Mind you that's still just under 3.5 years away lmao

There's always opiods :patriot:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
and yet he won't do anything about the unconstitutional air force. sad!

https://twitter.com/JonEHecht/status/887304553472937985

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tesseraction posted:

Lol if you think anyone but white Christian land owners will be allowed to vote in 2020

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zegermans posted:

and into the red

geddit

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

The dems aren't getting a majority anywhere ever again. The modern GOP has made it clear that they don't care for the whole concept of democracy and they currently control everything.

as much as demographics are destiny didn't work out this time, and won't for a while due to suppression, white genocide is real and is a good thing and will happen in the next 40-50 years.

then again that didn't work out too well for South Africa

nm we're boned

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Supreme Court has been stacked

that's not what that term means

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

Lol if you think anyone but white Christian land owners will be allowed to vote in 2020

how will they be able to vote with slit throats, comade

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Joementum posted:

and yet he won't do anything about the unconstitutional air force. sad!

https://twitter.com/JonEHecht/status/887304553472937985

Not yet!

TRUMP

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Oxxidation posted:

I said "stacked," not "packed"

Take your proscriptive language poo poo back to D&D

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's true. I've heard stories that the CIA got some of the the weapons for the bay of pigs from the New York mob

most cartel weapons are US-bought assault rifles with select fire disabled semi automatic sporting rifles. Unfortunately the ATF's fuckup with fast and furious lets people just handwave that poo poo away now by pretending like that was the only time guns were sent over the border, as opposed to an operation to expose an existing trend.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zegermans posted:

as much as demographics are destiny didn't work out this time, and won't for a while due to suppression, white genocide is real and is a good thing and will happen in the next 40-50 years.

nm we're boned

Being fair the white-minority government put in several measures to prevent the post-Apartheid government having full control over finances and justice in South Africa, so as long as McTurtle fails to use the nuclear option, it could still go better...

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

pathetic little tramp posted:

Kill the filibuster, the only thing that kept the GOP alive during the early GOP years, and democrats will be able to rub his face in poo poo forever.

~decorum~

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Oxxidation posted:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

I said "stacked," not "packed"

Take your proscriptive language poo poo back to D&D

no I agree. I just thought I'd use that as a chance to air my grievance that no one cares about, much like my other posting.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*extremely rural voice* trump *fires gun into air, dies from pre-existing conditions*

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

zegermans posted:

nm we're boned

All the demographics in the world don't help you if they can't vote and that's where we're headed

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Citizen Tayne posted:

nah, it'll only be corporations, because corporations are people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Just wait until that tax plan kills loads of people/jobs and fills billionaires pockets! That'll make people stop voting republicahahahahhahaahhaa

lol the only thing that will stop people voting republican is to gulag the lot

america is hosed in that regard

• Locked thread