Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

DrPlump posted:

Team killing is a bannable action the creator chooses to leave enabled. Sound like a dumb move why not change the friendly fire off if friendly fire is so triggering in the kill people game.

Because the risk of killing a teammate unintentionally is something he wants in the game? It's not hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
It seems pretty clear what type of teamkilling will get you banned. Let's not pretend that context doesn't exist.

They were having a kool kidz streamer party and shot/looted the 4th guy when they found a 3-seater bike.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

It does seem staged because of the timing, but oh lord if that's real that's hilarious

Also stop being overboard about this, there's video evidence of him team killing someone deliberately. I doubt unless you have an absurdly high team kill stat or someone captures you intentionally team killing them you'll get banned.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like hearing the streamer drama. A lot of the game's popularity is tied up in it, and seeing the weird fuckups that come from people trying to get ahead in a really bizarre industry is funny. Also, it's a good way to just hear about some really trash people doing stupid things. Just amazingly garbage people out there streaming.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

96 spacejam posted:

My friend is who surprisingly pretty good is convinced that the numbers are different for everyone and he won't call out numbers. This is a 32 year old man with college degree who manages dozens of people irl. Let that sink in.

He's also circumstantially correct, if you are spread out from him and depending on the distance of target

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
The best part is PLAYERUNKNOWN getting butthurt by his tweet because he was actually kicked in the chest once by his room mate.

"When I was in college, many years ago, I had a disagreement with my flat mate. Instead of talking it out like men, he decided to get aggressive and while I was backing away from him, he kicked me in the chest and put my head through a plate glass door. Thankfully, I don’t suffer from any ill effects due to this experience. "

Laffo. Talking it out like men. Yes, that's definitely the expression.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

i actually can't take this realism bullshit they're pushing seriously. i mean if they were trying to be authentic guns would jam depending on how you use them and honestly it just takes me right out of the entire experience. don't even get me started on the fully operational cars that start the moment you get in.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

96 spacejam posted:

i actually can't take this realism bullshit they're pushing seriously. i mean if they were trying to be authentic guns would jam depending on how you use them and honestly it just takes me right out of the entire experience. don't even get me started on the fully operational cars that start the moment you get in.

You should be able to herd cattle and grow crops. With a big enough farm going you should be able to ignore the circle and live in peace.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

96 spacejam posted:

Fully operational Russian cars that work right when you get in.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
This game owes more of its popularity to streamers than any other game I can think of. Obviously it's a fun game that's ludicrously addictive in its own right, but it took the #3 spot on twitch really quickly and I'm p sure there's been almost zero conventional marketing budget for it otherwise.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I lost my faith in playerunknown.. lol getting banned from playing the game? Are the devs actually retarded or what? We should invite the devs to discord and show how their game is meant to be played :commissar:

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 18, 2017

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

I lost my faith in playerunknown.. lol getting banned from playing the game? Are the devs actually retarded or what? We should invite the devs to discord and show how their game is meant to be played :comissar:

devs do something people complain devs don't do something people complain.

devs kind of meet in the middle......people complain. welcome to online gaming friend

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

I lost my faith in playerunknown.. lol getting banned from playing the game? Are the devs actually retarded or what? We should invite the devs to discord and show how their game is meant to be played :commissar:

It's a temp ban. Probably like 24 hours or something.

Count Bleck posted:

So it turns out that nobody actually checks unmoving cars for people inside. The middle back seat of a covered truck is loving perfect for this.

I managed to murder a few people who just paid no heed to the conveniently parked trucks alongside roads they're running past.

I actually killed a guy who jumped in and started driving too. That was the best. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xB3pV90Bk

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Herstory Begins Now posted:

This game owes more of its popularity to streamers than any other game I can think of. Obviously it's a fun game that's ludicrously addictive in its own right, but it took the #3 spot on twitch really quickly and I'm p sure there's been almost zero conventional marketing budget for it otherwise.
The game's popularity lifted a lot of Twitch streamers from small-time status to stardom.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Hooplah posted:

It's a temp ban. Probably like 24 hours or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xB3pV90Bk

he posted on Twitter 5 hours ago that he was playing but for real, talk about his fans getting out of control. 20,000+ pre-teens and teens united together is legitimately scary on so many levels

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

96 spacejam posted:

he posted on Twitter 5 hours ago that he was playing but for real, talk about his fans getting out of control. 20,000+ pre-teens and teens united together is legitimately scary on so many levels

PlayerUnknown's Battleground
[Custom Server]20k tweens melee only

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I actually saw the full game it happened in. It was a legit random pubbie. They all dropped school, and cleared it. About the time they were finished the pubbie went into a corner, jumped a few times, then stood still for a bit. No idea if he communicated anything because all three of them had the ingame voice chat off, and were on a discord. DrDisrespect was annoyed with him then, but they moved on to apartments, flushed out a squad, and were getting ready to move because of the circle. They found the motorcycle, Grimmz and Anthony got on, and the pubbie got on with them. Then they got off, and the pubbie got off. DrDisrespect aimed down sights at the pubbie's head for a good 10-15 seconds straight, none of them ever tried to communicate with him, and then he just flat out killed him later saying "Ok I'm done, he was just wasting our time".

Honestly, doing it was a really lovely thing to do. If high profile people are doing this without repurcussion, I guarantee you'll see a toxic influx of shits who are recording some "hilarious" video for their youtube channel that gets 20 views where being funny means screaming really loud about poo poo like "AAAAHHHHHHHHH MY CAR FLIPPED AAHHHH IM LIKE THE FIRST PERSON THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I think banning the top streamer in your game mid-game, then following that up with a twitter meltdown is pretty bad PR. I get that he doesn't want people to TK, and he wants the rules to apply to everyone, but perhaps a DM with a warning would have worked better in this case. Or just, you know, not having that meltdown on twitter afterwards.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

well there is their first mistake. leaving auto matching on. Grimmz and Dr are big enough that they can both ring some extra cash out of their subs to be the 4th pubby. why the hell are they playing with randoms and not even communicating with them?

i request the ban be reinstated.

willroc7 posted:

I think banning the top streamer in your game mid-game, then following that up with a twitter meltdown is pretty bad PR.

what are you talking about it was awesome, that twitlonger was clearly from someone who had unsolved issues with their college roommate and nothing to do with dr.

but that said the devs have been pretty awesome in this game so far and poopiequeen is really cool, she never misses my DMs and sometimes just chats about bullshit with me (and super kewl secrets about upcoming features!)

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 18, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tonetta posted:

He's also circumstantially correct, if you are spread out from him and depending on the distance of target

Correct. If you're spread out where you're north of the enemy while your teammate is east of them they aren't going to be at 275 for you. However, it does always give you at least some idea of where they are if you know where your teammates are and it gets better when it's followed by additional information like "next to the guard tower". Use clock positions in a vehicle since everyone should be able to figure that one out pretty quickly. If you're moving on foot in a group in the same direction something like "contact left" followed by additional information will also work fine.

Temp banning some shitlord streamer was the 100% correct thing to do so you don't end up with a bunch of his shitlord followers doing the same thing.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

that twitlonger was clearly from someone who had unsolved issues with their college roommate and nothing to do with dr.
Is this an attempt at a joke or are you just that daft?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is messed up that DrDisrespect kicked his squadmate through a glass door instead of talk their problems out like men.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

willroc7 posted:

Is this an attempt at a joke or are you just that daft?

did you read it or no, i'm guessing no

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

fknlo posted:

Correct. If you're spread out where you're north of the enemy while your teammate is east of them they aren't going to be at 275 for you. However, it does always give you at least some idea of where they are if you know where your teammates are and it gets better when it's followed by additional information like "next to the guard tower". Use clock positions in a vehicle since everyone should be able to figure that one out pretty quickly. If you're moving on foot in a group in the same direction something like "contact left" followed by additional information will also work fine.

Temp banning some shitlord streamer was the 100% correct thing to do so you don't end up with a bunch of his shitlord followers doing the same thing.

If you are north of the enemy and your friend is east of them, you either let that enemy get far too loving close or your positioning is horrible :P

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hamelekim posted:

Already got mine against a guy with an auto shotty. Not gonna lie, was really satisfying.

I wish they would replace it with something more useful though. It's more something to screw around with than a mid or end game weapon.

They could just make it viable instead of replacing it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

did you read it or no, i'm guessing no

:thumbsup:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

fknlo posted:

secondary-intercardinal directions+physical descriptions are much more accurate than just degrees but some people are too dumb to do that on the fly so they just keep sticking to UH GUYS THERE ARE GUYS UHHHHHHHHH 85

96 spacejam posted:

My friend is who surprisingly pretty good is convinced that the numbers are different for everyone and he won't call out numbers. This is a 32 year old man with college degree who manages dozens of people irl. Let that sink in.

Lol your friend must be so frustrated dealing with your dumbass then

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

secondary-intercardinal directions+physical descriptions are much more accurate than just degrees but some people are too dumb to do that on the fly so they just keep sticking to UH GUYS THERE ARE GUYS UHHHHHHHHH 85

I'd rather someone stuck to "2 mans at 85" than what I hear from probably about a third of goons which is "He's near the tree by the rock" or "I just saw a guy in a house".

Or even worse this fantastic bit of intel sharing:
:downs: I see a guy!
:jihad: Where?
:downs: Over there.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol your friend must be so frustrated dealing with your dumbass then

it's pretty drat accurate most of the time. i'd go as far to say that it's 100x more accurate than screaming, "hey guy at the blue house running to the left" (in a sea of blue houses of course).

there is a reason those numbers are there.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Very rarely walls will stop loading and then I get really loving accurate with my descriptions

They are 150 meters in front of me floating 2 stories above the ground HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THEM oh thats halfway into pochinki?

96 spacejam posted:

it's pretty drat accurate most of the time. i'd go as far to say that it's 100x more accurate than screaming, "hey guy at the blue house running to the left" (in a sea of blue houses of course).

No, it really isn't that accurate depending on your teams layout. Sure, its more accurate than being a complete loving idiot.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

96 spacejam posted:

In a Duo where you're likely very close to each other, sure it's generally accurate. In a squad game, it can be wildly off. Anyway, your original assertion was that they were the same for everyone, which isn't true at all.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bardeh posted:

In a Duo where you're likely very close to each other, sure it's generally accurate. In a squad game, it can be wildly off. Anyway, your original assertion was that they were the same for everyone, which isn't true at all.

His COLLEGE EDUCATED 32 YEAR OLD FRIEND can't understand that 37 degrees north isn't the exact same everywhere can you loving believe how dumb he is I don't even know how he gets dressed every morning

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

In my regular squad group we generally restart if we lose someone before the first circle. Our rule, though, is that the last person standing gets to pick the next game's drop, so if any of us are still alive we have to kill each other to be picker. The risk of ban might put a damper on this fun, though.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Myrmidongs posted:

I actually saw the full game it happened in. It was a legit random pubbie. They all dropped school, and cleared it. About the time they were finished the pubbie went into a corner, jumped a few times, then stood still for a bit. No idea if he communicated anything because all three of them had the ingame voice chat off, and were on a discord. DrDisrespect was annoyed with him then, but they moved on to apartments, flushed out a squad, and were getting ready to move because of the circle. They found the motorcycle, Grimmz and Anthony got on, and the pubbie got on with them. Then they got off, and the pubbie got off. DrDisrespect aimed down sights at the pubbie's head for a good 10-15 seconds straight, none of them ever tried to communicate with him, and then he just flat out killed him later saying "Ok I'm done, he was just wasting our time".

Honestly, doing it was a really lovely thing to do. If high profile people are doing this without repurcussion, I guarantee you'll see a toxic influx of shits who are recording some "hilarious" video for their youtube channel that gets 20 views where being funny means screaming really loud about poo poo like "AAAAHHHHHHHHH MY CAR FLIPPED AAHHHH IM LIKE THE FIRST PERSON THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

as I see it its a videogame, drdisrespect is pretty funny, killin the guy was funny and drd getting a tempban is also funny. These devs and rabid fans need to chill out

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's not particularly difficult to extrapolate what someone's directions mean if you're aware of where they are, but generally something like 'two enemies at 85, by the rock' is way more useful than either one independently.

also lmao at that doc poo poo

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Neon Belly posted:

In my regular squad group we generally restart if we lose someone before the first circle. Our rule, though, is that the last person standing gets to pick the next game's drop, so if any of us are still alive we have to kill each other to be picker. The risk of ban might put a damper on this fun, though.

i'm going to assume a; the people you're teamkilling aren't going to complain and b; your teamkilling isn't visible to 20,000 people, so i think you and your collection of friends are safe to mow each other down, but 'we need to kill each other' is certainly a strange approach to 'the last person alive gets to pick the drop'.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

ok i'm the idiot. i didn't know it wasn't 100% accurate but in my 95 hours of playing, mainly duo-quads it's never seemed to be an issue. yelling out a number gets them pointing in the general direction...seemingly.

that or the mmr we're at just has really bad people that don't take cover well

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What the Doctor did was hilarious and him getting temp banned is hilarious.

Also I love taking things so other people can't have them:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neon Belly posted:

If your friends aren't reporting you for it you're probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Neon Belly posted:

The risk of ban might put a damper on this fun, though.

I'd assume some wet blanket in Grimmmz's chat reported the instance or someone at PUBG was watching it happen.

If they start banning people for the stupid shenanigans teams get up to when death is inevitable/someone dies early (which most big streamers take part in) they'll take a big hit.

Doc rules, PU drools. Find a new game with more VIOLENCE SPEED MOMENTUM and take your 20-30k viewers elsewhere for a while.

• Locked thread