Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

*actual unboxing noise*

I don't care if it makes me a nerd-of-nerds but I still grin when that dude puts that noise into other parts of footage. Just enough to not be too much but laffo every time.
And yeah Jay is missing the point, I don't watch that Collider stuff either because I know it's garbage. But when it's cut between obvious mockery and earnest 'no guys I'm totally serious about these Star Wars socks' I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying to rationalize these people unironically shilling overpriced toys. Like trying to find where their act begins and ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that loving 100 dollar a month marvel box thing. what the gently caress.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

WampaLord posted:

Well, yea, being a YouTube funnyman in the era he was doing it wasn't exactly a viable career path. This was way before people were making good money on YouTube.

It wasn't "irrelevant" but he's a kid who got called up from the minors to play in the big leagues.

TV is still "Hollywood" to me.

I guess having two comedy specials, writing for 30 Rock, being on Community and having a successful music career mean nothing now that he was in Spiderman...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

I guess having two comedy specials, writing for 30 Rock, being on Community and having a successful music career mean nothing now that he was in Spiderman...

That's all the stuff that I was talking about when I said "actual factual job" you dingus!

Before all of that, he was slumming it on YouTube! I was loving saying that he's lucky for now having all that! I wasn't saying that "Now that he has been a cameo in a movie, he has made it"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol this is good too

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

that loving 100 dollar a month marvel box thing. what the gently caress.
That garbage has never been about the toys, I don't think. We just live in an age where a bunch of loving manbabies think that 1) specifically identifying as a nerd is a positive, desirable thing and that 2) spending $100 a month to a "service" like this establishes their nerd credentials even if the loving trash they get every month is worth like $20 tops.

It's also a shortcut to the "lifestyle". You know those shopping services that sell books by the meter. and how the kinda people who buy them don't read, but they sure as heck like to have a shitload of books in their house because that's what a cultured person would have? Imagine that but with a loving crate full of star wars dolls and fidget spinners. Horrifying. Just terrible.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

WampaLord posted:

That's all the stuff that I was talking about when I said "actual factual job" you dingus!

Before all of that, he was slumming it on YouTube! I was loving saying that he's lucky for now having all that! I wasn't saying that "Now that he has been a cameo in a movie, he has made it"

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant.

Cool, thanks, sometimes a reassurance of a sane voice is very helpful.

I love Donald Glover, by the way, in case that wasn't clear.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope that someday all nerds get put in a human zoo concentration camp a la the new Apes movie

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope that someday all nerds get put in a human zoo concentration camp a la the new Apes movie

I'm beginning to think there'll be no forced mating at all... :reject:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

WampaLord posted:

🙄

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQEBd44jys

naem
May 29, 2011

communism bitch posted:

That garbage has never been about the toys, I don't think. We just live in an age where a bunch of loving manbabies think that 1) specifically identifying as a nerd is a positive, desirable thing and that 2) spending $100 a month to a "service" like this establishes their nerd credentials even if the loving trash they get every month is worth like $20 tops.

It's also a shortcut to the "lifestyle". You know those shopping services that sell books by the meter. and how the kinda people who buy them don't read, but they sure as heck like to have a shitload of books in their house because that's what a cultured person would have? Imagine that but with a loving crate full of star wars dolls and fidget spinners. Horrifying. Just terrible.

What if your bosses at the tech startup have all these desk toys and beef guns and your want to fit in at your $134k a year entry level job

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

naem posted:

What if your bosses at the tech startup have all these desk toys and beef guns and your want to fit in at your $134k a year entry level job
is that what your dignity and self respect are worth?

naem
May 29, 2011

communism bitch posted:

is that what your dignity and self respect are worth?

Yes yes they are the is a fair market value imo

Also beef guns

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
:nws: :nms: https://chainlust.stackstorage.com/s/pZfbSLrnYtr2rsP

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not downloading that

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

I'm not downloading that

just hit the play button then

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I pressed play and I'm drat glad I did.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's just a cute CG animation thing nothing that isn't mind safe maybe just don't play it at work.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pro-click.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I'm not downloading that

We may not agree about much, but we agree on this.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

I like Gob because I've had zero exposure to so many of the things RLM is making fun of.

I had never watched an actual youtube nerd review show before and now I know I never will.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man posted:

just hit the play button then

Ahh I see.

I hope someone spams this video in the pre-rec chat

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
You may say donglover is extremely lucky, but extremely talented is a big part of it

starkebn fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 17, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The only actual factual job is that of inspector detector.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's not explaining the joke. It's called juxtaposition.
Sadly, this time Jay was wrong.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I like those videos!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

It's not explaining the joke. It's called juxtaposition.
Sadly, this time Jay was wrong.

jay doesnt understand why people like his own work. he is the ridley scott of RLM.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Ridley Scott doesn't hold a candle next to a bag of ice up to jay.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

This is the greatest thing I've seen today.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23queljQ7Y

It's like they both underwent a reverse metamorphosis. God Mike and Jay used to be opposites.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23queljQ7Y

It's like they both underwent a reverse metamorphosis. God Mike and Jay used to be opposites.

This is extremely non canon.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mike and Jay are second bananas to Rich at this point, he's keeping this whole charade together.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jay is a handsomeness vampire.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

Mike and Jay are second bananas to Rich at this point, he's keeping this whole charade together.

This except from before mike was even famous.

Friends are the secret to living your dream (drink, die)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I sort of want to see a RLM film. In what order should I view the 5, assuming I can find copies.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

gorilla interrupted, the gorilla interrupted documentary, stop

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Trabandiumium posted:

gorilla interrupted, the gorilla interrupted documentary, stop

Same, except skip straight to Step 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I sort of want to see a RLM film. In what order should I view the 5, assuming I can find copies.

I'd start with spacecop and leave the rest for when you are up at 3 am and bored and there's nothing on SA to talk about.

• Locked thread