Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The worst is when goons get pissy when people don't say their names after a squad mate calls out a direction

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

Maybe learn people's voices / use the Discord overlay?

So far I've only met three goons that I'll never play with again and they are all bottom of the barrel players. Always calling people out for stats in chat, bitching about how we are giving too much useless information in voice chat, actively insulting people when they gently caress up, and to top it off getting no kills and crawling on the edge of the circle while the rest of us are in a fire fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

96 spacejam posted:

ok i'm the idiot. i didn't know it wasn't 100% accurate but in my 95 hours of playing, mainly duo-quads it's never seemed to be an issue. yelling out a number gets them pointing in the general direction...seemingly.

that or the mmr we're at just has really bad people that don't take cover well

it is 100 percent accurate...relative to your location. if you're looking in a direction and strafe for three miles, though, you'd still be facing the same degree/heading as when you started.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

96 spacejam posted:

ok i'm the idiot. i didn't know it wasn't 100% accurate but in my 95 hours of playing, mainly duo-quads it's never seemed to be an issue. yelling out a number gets them pointing in the general direction...seemingly.

that or the mmr we're at just has really bad people that don't take cover well

It's really only a problem when the circle is getting smaller and then its a a massive issue to be repeating that there are guys 90 degrees off from where they actually are but w/e works for your squad where you're at. If people aren't taking cover at your mmr then lol

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
lmao I think the Doc just got banned, what did I miss?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Fried Watermelon posted:

So far I've only met three goons that I'll never play with again and they are all bottom of the barrel players. Always calling people out for stats in chat, bitching about how we are giving too much useless information in voice chat, actively insulting people when they gently caress up, and to top it off getting no kills and crawling on the edge of the circle while the rest of us are in a fire fight.

dont doxx me bro

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Carebearz posted:

lmao I think the Doc just got banned, what did I miss?

grimmmz got super salty that the doc was pulling in more viewers and pubg banned him

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm going to assume a; the people you're teamkilling aren't going to complain and b; your teamkilling isn't visible to 20,000 people, so i think you and your collection of friends are safe to mow each other down, but 'we need to kill each other' is certainly a strange approach to 'the last person alive gets to pick the drop'.

We're quitting out and it's not like we want to just let another squad kill us.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neon Belly posted:

In my regular squad group we generally restart if we lose someone before the first circle. Our rule, though, is that the last person standing gets to pick the next game's drop, so if any of us are still alive we have to kill each other to be picker. The risk of ban might put a damper on this fun, though.

Talk things out like men instead of kicking each other through glass doors!

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

It's really only a problem when the circle is getting smaller and then its a a massive issue to be repeating that there are guys 90 degrees off from where they actually are but w/e works for your squad where you're at. If people aren't taking cover at your mmr then lol

like my squad makes it to the smaller circles but i appreciate the feedback, i had no idea i was wrong. mainly based on never being called out on it in game.

good to know.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

dont doxx me bro

I stay clear of the goon discord because I honestly feel like i suck at this game and I can't really tell who's chill and who's the lovely milspergs on it.

but I also want to play with Goons because my friends I play with a good for fun times but I feel like we aren't good enough to get a BCD

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What's funny isn't that doc has a ton of Twitter followers who are getting upset for him.

The funny part is the goons who actually are mad that he was banned for randomly killing his teammate Lmao.

Don't just let him go and have him try to meet up earlier, murder him in front of 20k people to show how great you are!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
There aren't really any milspergs on goon discord. Like I don't think anyone is pretending they're an elite operator. I think most of the better players are too busy drinking to pretend they're in the military. Same with the bad players.

Being a useful team mate literally is just saying 'contact: number of enemies + direction + 1 or 2 details' and not constantly giving away your squads position or running out of cover.

Plenty of pochinkispergs though

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think issuing a swift temp ban for a public act of team killing motivated by "I'm a big name streamer and he's just some no name pubbie" is actually a smart move by PU, I think if any of you think that any of Dr. Disrespect followers or even Dr. disrespect himself will quit the game because of that you're naive, they're all gonna stay and he's going to keep streaming even if he's going to be salty for a while.

PU did a smart thing, he showed that the rules apply to everybody, rando squads are a feature of the game and people should know that they're not going to get killed by their tryhard squadmates.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pleads posted:

I'd assume some wet blanket in Grimmmz's chat reported the instance or someone at PUBG was watching it happen.

If they start banning people for the stupid shenanigans teams get up to when death is inevitable/someone dies early (which most big streamers take part in) they'll take a big hit.

Doc rules, PU drools. Find a new game with more VIOLENCE SPEED MOMENTUM and take your 20-30k viewers elsewhere for a while.

Tonight he should just log back in with a different account bypassing the ban. To give some deniability he should wear a slightly different costume and claim he is a totally different twitch streamer.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Even if you have a ~really bad~ team mate, just play like 40 meters off of them and let them be bait when they inevitably draw fire over and over.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fried Watermelon posted:

The worst is when goons get pissy when people don't say their names after a squad mate calls out a direction

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

how do you learn a voice if the voice won't tell you who they are

there's a lot of white male americans with poo poo mics on the discord too not everyone is distinct. I can count the goons whose voices I remember on 1 hand only because they aren't american or male

DrPlump posted:

Talk things out like men instead of kicking each other through glass doors!

this gimmick isn't funny at all sorry your favourite streamer got banned

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 18, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I've only accidentally let a random join our 3man once and he was the best shot with an sks I've ever seen, was from dubai and got 7 kills before dying and disappearing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Anything special going on today? I keep getting stuck entering a session or exiting one.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Combat Pretzel posted:

Anything special going on today? I keep getting stuck entering a session or exiting one.

If you care about Streamer drama then someone got banned or whatever.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fried Watermelon posted:

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

Discord overlay doesn't work in pubg

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lmao, just lmao at people never checking for enemies in the blue

land in pochinki, the first circle was way up to the north so i didn't bother looting more than a single gun and after clearing out my surroundings, went and camped the northernmost pochinki building (you know the one.. the garage with two levels of roofs) in the blue. and sure enough not one not two but THREE separate people duly ran by giving me easy kills and a complete 4x silenced AK level 3 helm/armor loadout and like 7 kits/12 drinks

(yes it translated into an easy win)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

There are 300+ people in the discord so "MAYBE JUST LEARN PEOPLE'S VOICES?!" is more arduous a task than you're letting on, people aren't going to be able to tell whose voice is whose until they've played with a bunch of the regulars a lot. It makes sense to say "2 dudes at 330 from <your name here>" pretty much all of the time for the sake of clarity, if you've played with everyone in your squad a hundred times before then sure skip dropping your name in but if you're grouping up with random people, whether it's goons on discord or pubbies via matchmaking, you should just drop that tiny bit of info in to save everyone the frustration.

And I have heard people get pissy, but usually that has come after a round or two full of nonchalant "On who?"s in response to multiple people trying to call things out without being familiar enough with the people they're playing that they should know which name to associate with the voice.

Carebearz posted:

I stay clear of the goon discord because I honestly feel like i suck at this game and I can't really tell who's chill and who's the lovely milspergs on it.

but I also want to play with Goons because my friends I play with a good for fun times but I feel like we aren't good enough to get a BCD

Everyone in discord is pretty bad, even the good people. For every murderspree clip WeedBabyGoku420 uses for his montages, he has a half dozen of him embarrassingly being punched or frying panned to death.

You'll be in good company no matter your skill level.

And there aren't really any hardcore milspergs that I've seen, there are people who are better at the game and better at communicating things but nobody is going to scream at you for not knowing how to adjust your sights(Page Up/Down, now you have no excuse :argh:) or demanding that you stay in a certain formation while referring to them by some wanky callsign.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
PU did tweet something about watching Grimmmz and Dr playing together literally like an hour or 2 before it all started to go down, so there's also the slight chance that he saw it happen live, which makes sense since he the temp ban happened pretty quickly.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it is 100 percent accurate...relative to your location. if you're looking in a direction and strafe for three miles, though, you'd still be facing the same degree/heading as when you started.

This is why I wish they'd give the ability to place a marker where your crosshair is pointed at like Rainbow 6 does. "On my ping" is way easier to understand and react to.

But since that's not in the game and there's no indication that is going to happen, the easiest thing to do is identify if the person calling the direction is to your right or left. If they're on your right, look on a heading further right than they're calling out. Ditto left. Unless you're very far apart or the enemy is somehow between the two of you you'll find the target quickly enough.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i've got a buddy that i squad with sometimes who chicken dinners at least 1 in 3 games. will be interested to see how he does on 1st person only servers because he abuses the gently caress out of third person peeking

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
Me and my duo buddy will check out goon discord. We haven't chicken dinnered yet but we've been working on our communication and teamwork. Winning isn't everything, I just love having fun rounds.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Great Beer posted:

This is why I wish they'd give the ability to place a marker where your crosshair is pointed at like Rainbow 6 does. "On my ping" is way easier to understand and react to.

But since that's not in the game and there's no indication that is going to happen, the easiest thing to do is identify if the person calling the direction is to your right or left. If they're on your right, look on a heading further right than they're calling out. Ditto left. Unless you're very far apart or the enemy is somehow between the two of you you'll find the target quickly enough.

Taking advantage of being able to see on the minimap where your teammates are looking is also a good skill.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Great Beer posted:

I don't want that system implemented in the game. I like that you have to orient yourself and can't just magically point to where people are, honestly. (I do want a button to drop a marker on yourself, though.)

Great Beer posted:

Yeah, I will all out contacts from my own compass along with some kind of defining feature and a range (even if it's just "close" or "far"), then try to account for the difference if my teammates can't spot them. In general I think we're usually close enough that the difference should only be a couple of degrees anyway.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Great Beer posted:

I'm really glad this isn't in the game

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
pfft just let us spot people without actually seeing them by spamming a spot key so we can shoot at tiny doritos all day like in battlefield

cuz that's what i like to do, shoot at ugly ui elements instead of, you know, people

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zo posted:

pfft just let us spot people without actually seeing them by spamming a spot key so we can shoot at tiny doritos all day like in battlefield

cuz that's what i like to do, shoot at ugly ui elements instead of, you know, people

Each squad will have a designated Q spammer.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Great Beer posted:

I don't agree with this exactly but putting in a PEQ-15 or something you could use to mark locations with the caveat your enemies can see it too would not be bad

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Great Beer posted:

I hope they never have anything like this in the game

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Fried Watermelon posted:

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

Overlay doesn't work for myself or any of the other people I've talked to about it. Really really wish it did. Trying to lean people's voices after you've heard them anonymously utter a handful of words in the lobby or w/e is not a real solution.

State your handle when playing with a new squad if you're providing positional info, it's easy.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

lohli posted:

Everyone in discord is pretty bad, even the good people. For every murderspree clip WeedBabyGoku420 uses for his montages, he has a half dozen of him embarrassingly being punched or frying panned to death.

I've never been punched to death or frying panned, hope this helps. Melee is like 50/50 on terms of outcome and so is betting on who gets a weapon first. You're an idiot if you want to play those odds.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I've played a few dozen games with goons in the discord and they all have been fun. All 3 of my wins have been with goons. It's a good time.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

speaking of montages, I didn't know this series existed until Viss watched it on his stream but it's pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2D5KAcRG1A

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

I've never been punched to death or frying panned, hope this helps. Melee is like 50/50 on terms of outcome and so is betting on who gets a weapon first. You're an idiot if you want to play those odds.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

PU did a smart thing, he showed that the rules apply to everybody, rando squads are a feature of the game and people should know that they're not going to get killed by their tryhard squadmates.

Yeah I agree, I do a lot of random squads and people often try to tk me and if they see people getting banned maybe they'll stop because its annoying. My favorite is when my team tks me and then gets no other kills between the three of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

VulgarandStupid posted:

How would it help? What in the world does this have to do with what he said and the context in which he said it?

• Locked thread