Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Please I wouldn't even know what to do with a woman even if I had one at my mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

you wouldn't steal a car
you wouldn't download a snatch

If I could 3D print a fleshlight you think I'd have a girlfriend? You fool!

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Wise for his years

My girlfriend of 2 years [19 F] wanted to go on a break and posted pictures on social media making out with a guy from high school. I [19 M] dont know if I can get back together with her.

quote:

u/sierracowboy
My GF and I were high school sweethearts and I changed my college plans to move to the same city as her. I have to say, I unfairly held a little resentment about that, but it was my decision. I really thought things were going well and we were happy together. A little background to start:

A few times she brought up the idea of having a threesome, same room sex with another couple, or swapping partners with another couple. I told her I wasn't interested in that and felt like it would ruin our relationship, if she wanted to be with other people we should just break up because I couldnt handle it.

A couple we are friends with went on a break in the middle of the spring semester. When we were talking about it, I said I felt that was kind of the same thing as swinging/threesomes... it was just an excuse to fool around with other people and still string along a bf/gf as a backup or safety net to fall back on. We argued about it a little, and I said if she wanted to go on a break we wouldnt be getting back together, we would be breaking up for good.

Well that was a couple months ago and Friday we had reservations at a nice restaurant. We go there, ordered food, were talking like any other dinner date night. The server came with her plate, she had a few bites and the server sat my plate on the table and the second the server walked away my GF said "I think we should go on a break"

To be honest, the next hour was kind of a blur. She had a long list of reasons she thought we should go on a break, but that we would definitely get back together. I was adamant that I wasn't going to play second string and wait around for her, especially if she really wanted to go on a break just to experience dating or hooking up with other people.

Awkward drive back to her place, I dropped her off drove around the corner and just cried in the car. I spent the weekend in my room watching TV and feeling lovely. Logged on to social media Sunday night and she, not tagged in, she posted the pictures of her kissing this guy we went to high school with.

I made no attempt to reach out to her. About 3 hours ago she called me saying she wanted to get back together. I hung up on her and she showed up at my door and we argued for about an hour. At first she said she just kissed the guy once and that she did it because she thought we were broken up, if we had just been on a break she wouldnt have. And now she really wants to get back together.

She went back to her place, I haven't told her definitively that were are done or that we might get back together. One of the other guys I kind of know that was at the party hinted that more than kissing may have happened, I guess she and the dude went into a room together alone for a while.

I really don't know what to do. I lost my virginity to her, she had more experience than me before, and to be honest I thought we would move in together next year and we would be this fairy tale Disney couple that had been together since high school.

Can I ever get over this though?
Should I even give her a chance?
She wildly threw out that I should go make out with someone and we would be even, should I even consider that?

tl;dr: Told GF I dont do breaks, she wanted to a break from our relationship and posted pictures making out, now wants to get back together.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Milotic posted:

Wise for his years

My girlfriend of 2 years [19 F] wanted to go on a break and posted pictures on social media making out with a guy from high school. I [19 M] dont know if I can get back together with her.

Ross/rachel gender swap.

:sever:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Issues with paternity while legally married, my husband is not the father of my new child and we are separated but he is legally presumed the father.

quote:

I had no idea how to title the post well, because it's all very odd to me. I've been separated from my husband for over 4 years now. I haven't seen or spoken to him in over 3 of those years. I have no idea where he's living, and divorce has been complicated to try and start. This isn't about a divorce though. I just had a child with another man, and I didn't know anything about paternity laws in my state. I live in Oklahoma and found out after delivery that if I'm married my husband is the legally presumed father of my child and my childs actual father cannot be put on the birth certificate or be the legal father. I now know he has to sign a denial of paternity and the biological father has to sign an acceptance. The issue is, I have no way to get my husband to sign the form. To my knowledge, he's still living out of state in California but I have no idea where other than the state. What actions can I take to get him to sign this form? Is there any service that can help? Do I need a lawyer?

Edit: A nurse in the hospital suggested that if I absolutely cannot find him to go and file for child support against him because the agency could find him and he could come and deny paternity. I don't exactly think that would work because I'm not sure you can even get child support while still married, plus I know he's not the father and that would make the whole ordeal odd.

Now I'm guilty of procrastinating once in a while too, but FOUR YEARS?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Milotic posted:

Wise for his years

A man stands over some flaming wreckage. The car is sheared in half and is burning to ashes. He says to himself

Maybe if I make out with another girl I can salvage this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ArbitraryC posted:

you wouldn't steal a car
you wouldn't download a snatch
I would do both of these without a tinge of regret or remorse

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

Oklahoma.

Paternity issues.

Now you've done it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Milotic posted:

we would be this fairy tale Disney couple

What kind of guy talks like this, smh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Darkhold posted:

A man stands over some flaming wreckage. The car is sheared in half and is burning to ashes. He says to himself

Maybe if I make out with another girl I can salvage this.

Nah, he seems pretty level headed to be honest and it looks like he isn't going to bite on that. He's a 19 year old grasping at straws with his first girlfriend because he's never experienced a breakup before, but his comments make it seem like he's resolved to end it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Me [26 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] of three years is an incredibly lazy person, plays hours of video games a day, doesn't contribute to household work and then expects me to have sex with him every night. Tonight I exploded at him

quote:

I am extremely frustrated tonight. I came home from work around 5 and started making food for myself and for my boyfriend. He had a friend over. I spent about and hour and a half in the kitchen and the whole time my boyfriend was popping his head in and out saying stuff like "when's the food ready" "should I go get food or are you making some" (implying that it's taking a long time), he criticized the pizza crust I made saying "I don't know how this crust will be because it's whole wheat." He also said "make sure you let those potatoes cook long enough".
Just to recap he kept coming into the kitchen and criticizing the food making small off handed remarks about it.
Ok so now to the part where I hit my limit. I told him the curry was done and he came over and was like "no rice?!" and I said "no, there's rice, it's right behind you" (another off-handedly rude and insensitive thing he said). THEN he got a bowl, put rice into it, went over to the curry, poked the spoon in one of the potatoes and it didn't go through meaning it wasn't cooked yet. (mind you i had the curry and all of the potatoes were cooked, I don't know what happened there, but regardless)///
He IMMEDIATELY puts the bowl of rice down and said " I don't want any curry now". To which my heart absolutely dropped. I told him "no, the potatoes are done, please have some curry" (at this point I'm very upset bc I worked so hard on this food and had just dealt with his lazy rear end bothering me). HE THEN is like i'll try some, and then takes a MINISCULE amount with a spoon and put it into his mouth. IMMEDIATLY after trying the curry he acclaimed "that's gonna need a hell of a lot of salt" and then walked away.
I started bawling. I'm just heartbroken about this. I do so much and try so hard. But it's not enough. He's not romantic, maybe very rarely but then just uses it as ammo against me in arguments when I say he doesn't love me in the way I recognize (gifts and acts of service).
IT's really freakin hard to be in a relationship with someone who spends most of their day on the computer, most of that time spent playing video games. And that's not even the hard part. I can handle that. It's just that it comes at the price of him NOT showing his love to me except in a physical manner, which is not one of the primary ways I know how receive love.
Pretty typical day for us includes, come home from work, he's on his computer, I make food, tidy, go on the computer, maybe visit family or spend time outside. All alone, without my boyfriend, because he doesn't like to do anything with me and just wants to play video games, UNLESS IS FRIENDS ASK HIM THEN HE'S ALL FOR HANGING OUT!!.
THEN when bedtime rolls around he gets all horny and cuddly and wants to have sex and at this point i'm borderline disgusted and have to work myself up to be able to want to have sex with him. It's absolutely maddening and frustrating.
And yes, I've talked to him about this. I'm loving pissed.
tl;dr: fing fed the f up with my boyfriend who is a lazy bum and tonight after he kept criticizing and commenting on my cooking I blew up at him

How do women keep getting stuck with these manchildren?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Intruder posted:

Me [26 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] of three years is an incredibly lazy person, plays hours of video games a day, doesn't contribute to household work and then expects me to have sex with him every night. Tonight I exploded at him

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

lmao the comments

quote:

What's in this for you?

The OP posted:

yea not much

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Maybe the age gaps can be explained by women trying to escape the manchildren, but like a horror movie they just end up with older manchildren.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Ross/rachel gender swap.

THEY WERE ON A BREAK AND COPY GIRL WAS OBJECTIVELY HOTTER :colbert:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Lol this thread owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My [34M] Wife[28F] wants to do an mba, I can't go, only been married for a month, she leaves next month

quote:

My[34M] wife[28F] and I got married one month ago, and oh what a month... During our honeymoon, she got the approval letter to studying a mba in Madrid, a place she remembers fondly by spending 6 months there always wanting to return and live.
It sounds awesome...but I can't go (more on why in a sec), before we got married I did ask... why dont you do the master first and then we get married? her reply was no, you come first... now after we're married, that is not really true. I've always supported the idea, but being an extremely expensive mba, I saw the opportunity quite difficult... but she (via scholarship + loans) managed to get the tuition covered. For the inscription fee, she used all the wedding family/friends gifts + all her savings. The problem was now living expenses.
Perhaps I didn't think this through... Seeing her so happy about it, I said I could help with living expenses+medicalinsurance+flight. I am the only one working and I can work from anywhere (1 year ago she quit her job to make her dream wedding).
But after I made a financial plan, for me to sustain her in Madrid... I must sell everything including my car, leave my place, find a home for my cat, and go live with my dad (I've been living by myself for almost 10 years, so this is a major step back), she knows this and doesn't care. I am caught in this situation without any savings. She's not making it super easy for me either, constant fighting, and has a way making me feel guilty and I end up saying yes to anything...
Also, even though I live a normal life, and the main reason I wont join her is that I have LMC (cronic mieloid leukemia), treatment is being quite successful, and it's not traumatic, just one daily pill, and a checkup every 3 months; my insurance covers all for me here (even the super expensive pills - USD13K for 30 pills). I do get 3 months if I ask for it, but no more, I really don't want to put this treatment at any risk, but she insists and insists that I figure out a way of getting the supply of this pill for a whole year. But seeing as a friend of mine lost his treatment approval for not showing up for 3 months, I don't want this to happen to me, so, I'm find her request very selfish.
So... one month in our marriage, our priorities have diverted... we're already distancing ourselves... The stress of supporting her in a different country while I stay here in lower conditions, makes me feel very unconfortable...
I have been and want to plan to live what I consider a happy life (cancer shook my priorities up), and this is what I've been working hard to achieve, I've always been clear with her, and she's been ok with it. And this mba situation is steering our lifes in a direction that Im not sure is the one I want... this opportunity with her could be great... but I'm bound by my health and cannot go for more than 3 months while forced to stay in not great conditions while she's there.
She can't do it without my financial help, and instead of being happy and excited... she's making every day very difficult with small fights for everything.
If someone has been in a similar situation, how did it turn out?
TL;DR My [34M] Wife[28F] of one month, wants to leave and do an mba, I can't go (medical+financial constraints), I said I would help financially, doing so is not great for me, she's being complicated and I'm not sure if backing out.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Intruder posted:

My [34M] Wife[28F] wants to do an mba, I can't go, only been married for a month, she leaves next month

She would sell his organs for her ~dream opportunity~ if the cancer hadn't made them worthless.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Mein gott!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

Did you know that arsenic has an almost nutty taste? Might want to avoid bitter foods for a while until she leaves.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

im not a pro world traveler or anything but that lady needs to see some other parts of europe/the world if going spain to get an mba qualifies as "her dream"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

im not a pro world traveler or anything but that lady needs to see some other parts of europe/the world if going spain to get an mba qualifies as "her dream"

I think youll find her dream is to be single again in Spain.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Barudak posted:

I think youll find her dream is to be single again in Spain.

I didn't want to be the one to go there but yeah I'm not betting against her trading up to a non-cancer-having Spaniard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Call me crazy but I feel like her inability to afford her "dream opportunity" and her insistence that they get married before she pursues it are somehow linked

Imagine being married for a month and then your spouse wanting to gently caress off to another country for two years while forcing you to sell everything you own and live with your dad to pay for it. Yikes. Also lol at quitting your job to plan a wedding for a year

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Intruder posted:

Call me crazy but I feel like her inability to afford her "dream opportunity" and her insistence that they get married before she pursues it are somehow linked

Imagine being married for a month and then your spouse wanting to gently caress off to another country for two years while forcing you to sell everything you own and live with your dad to pay for it. Yikes. Also lol at quitting your job to plan a wedding for a year

You would think if he was just a booster rocket for her real ambition she'd settle for courthouse wedding and put the difference into her lavish Catelonian escape but who knows how the mind of somone willing to harvest every part of the cancer patient for sweet cash works.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Perhaps, but a courthouse wedding doesn't afford you the opportunity to liquidate an entire wedding registry worth of gifts in order to pay the inscription fee

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You would think if he was just a booster rocket for her real ambition she'd settle for courthouse wedding and put the difference into her lavish Catelonian escape but who knows how the mind of somone willing to harvest every part of the cancer patient for sweet cash works.

The word narcissist gets thrown around a lot on reddit and here but, cmon, how would a courthouse wedding be all about her and her dreams and how wonderful and pretty she is?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lol she is totally playing this dude and is gonna settle down in spain with Juan Marcos or whoever.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Calling it she's going to call the fact that he can't travel due to all the cancer "emotional neglect" and blame him for driving her into Rocardo Montalban's rich Corinthian arms.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

harvest every part of the cancer patient

lol :whitewater:

My sister [17f] and I [17m] finally found out the real reason our parents got divorced. How can we deal with the feelings of hatred we have toward our mother?

quote:

We don't really have anybody else to talk to about this, so we were hoping maybe we could get some advice and second opinions here. Our parents got divorced when we were around 7 years old. The memories are kinda blurry but I do remember that one day dad was in the house with us and the next he had his things packed and told us he was leaving. As little kids we were sad but eventually got over it as we were able to see both parents and they did everything they could to make us happy.

I am not going to take trash about our mother, but she has been in and out of relationships so much we usually can't even remember the names of her exs as little as 4 months ago. We also have two younger siblings (7 & 8) but we know they're only our half siblings. She has always told us that their relationship problems and why they divorced was none of our business and that what's in the past is in the past. We never dared to ask. But recently we heard her talking to some of her friends (they all get together and catch up at least once a month) about her and dad. I don't know if they forgot we were up there or just didn't realize how loud they were being but we heard all of it. Mom was telling them how when dad had his surgery (he was going through a illness but is fully recovered now) he was weak, depressed, and "useless" and she had another man that was "giving her what she wanted" the whole time.

The whole conversation is too long to repeat here but she kept on insulting him and calling him some cruel names. My sister started crying and left to go to her room. I went to comfort her but she was pretty shaken at some of the things she had heard. She told me that she hated mom and now that she knew the real reason why they divorced, she didn't want anything else to do with her. I understand how she's feeling and I'm furious about it as well, but I'm also confused on how we should handle this/or even if we have a right to be mad because it was so many years ago.

Honestly I don't see her in the same way anymore and I guess feel kinda "betrayed" (as dramatic as that sounds) because of how she treated dad. I know exactly how my sisters feeling. And I feel like if we don't control it we're just going to create more drama that we don't need.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My [21M] girlfriend [19F] of two years is jealous of my boss' [33M] daughter [10F]!!!

quote:

In my opinion, this is all truly psychotic and my girlfriend has SERIOUS issues but a part of me is giving her the benefit of the doubt.. and so I've come to Reddit to ask for your opinions and advice. Yes, you read the title correctly. The antagonist of my girlfriend's story is a TEN year old girl.

I recently began working for a friend of my dad's, Kris, and he is an amazing boss. He's super friendly, genuinely nice and we have a great time working together (it's just us two atm). He owns a company that is built pretty much next to his sister's house and so whilst his wife is at work he brings his daughter to work with him and his sister takes care of them for the day whilst he works right next door.

His daughter is ten years old, and she's adorable. I'm not a weird person, please don't think this like my girlfriend did.. she's just a cute kid. I was telling my girlfriend how Kris thinks she's got a crush on me and how I think it's really sweet because every time I walk past her whilst at my boss' sister's house, she begins to try get my attention by modelling and posing and showing me her new bags/shoes. Kris and his sister think it's hilarious and we all laugh about it. I talk to her, obviously, but it's just normal adult-child conversation. I know I'm probably making myself sound more suspicious by having to state that nothing is sinister.. but it feels like my girlfriend immediately assumed that of me when I told her.

She freaked out a little, telling me she doesn't like how this kid has a crush on her man and how I PROBABLY ENJOY IT? I said it was sweet, she's ten.. every ten year old has a crush but in no way do I enjoy it. I didn't even feel like I needed to mention that to her because it's so obvious! Anyway, she's said she's worried if I continue working with Kris eventually the girl will get older and somehow we're going to fall in love and run away together.

Please, Reddit.. please tell me this is way out of line? Have I seriously done anything wrong at all? I feel like if I had Kris would have beaten the poo poo out of me by now but I feel even disgusting speaking about the subject. This is obviously 100% innocent yet she's making me feel like a freak. It's a CHILD'S CRUSH.

I don't know what to do or say. I honestly believe she's troubled with something to assume I'm going to wait ten years for this girl to grow up and then fall in love with her.. especially when it's all stemmed because she grabbed a purse and started modelling it off. It was all a laugh, she's a child and we all found it hilarious. Seriously, I don't see the big deal.

But I still want an outsider's perspective. I need you guys and your opinions and advice. Please just give me any thought you have on the subject, me and my girlfriend both need to hear it. Thank you in advance.

tldr - my boss' ten year old daughter has a crush on me and tries to get my attention whilst at work.. girlfriend is now worried I'll someday fall in love with her when she's old enough if I continue working for my boss... I think she's insane, but I also want an outsider's perspective.

:stonk::redflag::stonk::redflag::stonk:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My sister [17f] and I [17m] finally found out the real reason our parents got divorced. How can we deal with the feelings of hatred we have toward our mother?
Kid, some people have to wait years to figure out their parents are fuckups. Be thankful for this!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Danaru posted:

My [21M] girlfriend [19F] of two years is jealous of my boss' [33M] daughter [10F]!!!

whilst

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol if you don't have Madrid Enrique to comfort you when your cancer addled husband that has now to live with his parents because he paid for your useless mba didn't follow you because he has to get his cancer meds in time

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol :whitewater:

My dad was a very sick man and he never really made an effort to do anything but wallow in his own misery. It rips family's apart

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My dad was a very sick man and he never really made an effort to do anything but wallow in his own misery. It rips family's apart

did he just try getting better?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Did your mom step out on him and call him worthless to all her friends?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Danaru posted:

might as well have just titled it "my girlfriend thinks I'm a pedophile", yikes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is my boyfriend [25M] abusing me [23F]?

quote:

BACKGROUND
Over the past year, my boyfriend of 3.5 years has started to get physical with me, little by little. It started with squeezing my wrist a little too hard, then to grabbing my jaw and squeezing it hard to try to make me stop talking after he told me to shut up during an argument. After that instance, I've told him to stop and nothing too serious has happened afterward except him getting a little too rough with me when joking around - usually squeezing my arm or hand too hard. When I tell him these things hurt me and that he needs to stop, that it is a form of abuse, he usually laughs it off and say that he was joking around. It usually doesn't hurt me more than a couple minutes after, so I brush it off.
TODAY
Today, during a concert, his phone battery ran out and he asked that I take the concert pictures/videos for him so he can post to his Snapchat later. (I know, try not to judge us here). He then became unhappy with the way I was taking the videos and asked for the phone to take the videos himself. No big deal, I gave him the phone. However, after a couple times of him asking for the phone, I got annoyed. I was enjoying the concert and taking my own videos and I didn't feel like it was necessary for him to do the same - so I told him to stop. He then gave me a look, and squeeze my hand so hard I can feel my bones crush together. My fingers were sore hours after the concert. He was angry and stopped talking to me the rest of the concert even when I offered him the phone again.
Finally, I told him this is it. I need to draw a line - that his reaction to something so small is unnecessary and him crushing my hand is abuse no matter how small. I told him I needed a break over the next couple of days, but texted him to explain my family history with abuse and why his actions so far has really troubled me.
You can read my text to him and his response below, but it seems to me that after profusely apologizing for his reaction, he is still blaming me for my action - for saying no to taking a concert video, which frankly to me is the smallest, pettiest thing in the world. Yet, his texts make it sound like I've done something much worse. Just a note, I've noticed that this is a signature mark of all our arguments, there will be some where he takes all of the blame but he will always still find something to blame me for - no matter how small.
THE TEXT MESSAGES
Me: Hey - a couple of things I feel like I need to tell you. Back in Vietnam, my dad used to hit my mom. He used to hit my mom so hard on certain nights she had to take me with her out in the streets in Saigon at 2am, wandering aimlessly because she was scared of him. It's one of the most vivid memories of my childhood and one that I've chosen to forget because my dad has changed. Yet tonight when you did what you did it brought me back those memories. Truly I have never and will probably never forget the look in your eyes that night when you grabbed my jaw, and again your look tonight when you squeezed my hand. Maybe you think it's not a big deal. Maybe you think those small actions doesn't justify you as someone that has the capability to hurt the one they love. But I just want you to know that what you did tonight brought back those memories for me that I've chosen to forget about my own family. Growing up my mom has only made me promise one thing to her, that when I choose to love someone, that that person doesn't treat me the way my dad used to treat her. Secondly she told me that the way someone treats you when they are dating you is the best that they will ever treat you. You can't expect a person to treat you any better or with more respect when married than when they treat you when you are dating. A marriage certificate doesn't change anything, so whoever that I choose to date I have to make sure he respect me from the moment I get to know him. I hope that clarifies why I can't keep taking things as a joke. I can't keep laughing it off. Respect is the fundamental of our relationship and I don't think that I deserved your reaction from what I did tonight.
In the next couple of days, I just hope that you can really think about these 3 questions and be honest with yourself about your relationship with me. 1) do you truly, from the bottom of your heart, truly love me? 2) if you do, then why do you allow yourself to hurt me when you're angry? What is in that moment where you put your need to hurt me above your love for me? 3) are you ready to lose me the next time you hurt me? Truly I cannot allow things to keep going on the way they are going. It's not okay to hurt somebody and then apologize. It's textbook domestic violence. And I've seen enough of it myself to know that I am better than to let anybody treat me that way.
I really hope this help clarifies my feelings. I want you to know that I'm not talking down on you or telling you this to make you feel bad about yourself. I just really need this to get across before I truly have to lose you.
Him: Thanks babe, that really puts a better and clearer picture in front of me of what I've done. I know I have messed up and I am truly sorry for my inexcusable reaction. I will respect your decision to take time away from me the next few days and contemplate what I've done. At the same time, I hope you also think of those exact questions you've asked me as well. An action causes a reaction, and my reactions definitely were in the wrong and should not be taken lightly. But be reminded it's a two way street, and making unnecessary comments to your loved one when they are doing nothing that inconveniences you in any manner is unwarranted and unfair. Why say and respond to things negatively immediately when all it causes is a negative reaction? I hope we can both learn something. Anyways I will talk to you in a few days and really reflect.
MY QUESTIONS
1) Am I overreacting?
2) If I am not overreacting, can he change? Can our relationship be saved?
Thank you for reading.
TL;DR: My boyfriend of 3.5 years has been getting increasingly physical with me during fights, such as squeezing my hands/wrists/jaw hard to inflict pain. Today, he got angry over something very small and hurt me again. He's apologized but I am not convinced. However, I'm not sure if I am overreacting. Help!

Maybe I should have bolded the whole drat thing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Please tell me there is a response that simply reads "yes." with like a trillion upvotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Intruder posted:

They're fat.