Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-custom/6223069514.html

Curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Probably more reliable than a stock humvee.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Probably more reliable than a stock humvee.

Are they that bad?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Are they that bad?

I recall the onboard tire inflation system being a loving nightmare. Aside from that it was a military vehicle intended to be run under a strict fleet maintenance schedule being sold to the public as a GM product, that never was going to be a good recipe.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Hi

97-02 HMMWVs were garbage poo poo. hell we had a first time driver hit a curb too hard and the entire front right assembly just noped the gently caress off the vehicle. and they blew up real good and had like no armor. and driving it in a convoy on a freeway was the slowest most painful process i have ever experienced, and i had a driver at that point.

they broke often, the parts were ridiculous in price (i remember something like 2k for a fan shroud clip) and unless you hosed with it were governed to a ridiculously slow and hateful gently caress you speed.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 18, 2017

blk
Dec 19, 2009
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/volvo-bertone-coupe-miles/6225034594.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I don't know Volvos but this seems like an extremely good price, is it?

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I don't know Volvos but this seems like an extremely good price, is it?

This is an extremely good deal. Here, in the midwest, 240 prices have been creeping higher and higher every year. The early model 240s are starting to command a premium.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's an incredible price. I know the V6 (and the Bertone in general) is unloved but for $1500.00 who cares

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Did you ever wonder what it would look like if you spray painted your entire interior gloss black, including a soft leather steering wheel? Wonder no more, this guy spent 4k doing just that!

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/mustang-gt-custom/6186732931.html

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Oooof, that makes a guy's skin crawl :ohdear:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Me to my screen irl:
"But why"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KakerMix posted:

Me to my screen irl:
"But why"

"Oh my god WHY? :gonk:" here.

Why the gently caress not just go all out and spray the seats too?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The question is "How can I make it completely impossible to see out of the windows due to reflections?" Alex.

WTF.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Maybe that's why it has a salvage title.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The wheels do that naturally. No need to paint.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Aw man I was about to say "now there's a dude that knows exactly what he's about" but then I saw the lack of glossy black anything under the hood. Total lack of commitment.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm impressed by the crackle finish on the steering wheel.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

That's an incredible price. I know the V6 (and the Bertone in general) is unloved but for $1500.00 who cares

there's a reason that in hipsterville usa that thing is only 1500 bucks

bertones are bad

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's not that it's unloved, or that Bertones are bad, it's that the V6 is guaranteed at some point to clog the cam oil passages and junk the engine. They didn't fix that problem until 1988 or so.

Something big doesn't work on that car for it to be that cheap. From the picture alone that's at least a $3000 Volvo if it is 100% running. Especially in the Volvoville that is Portland.

Of course I'm overtaken by the want. Assuming the engine is bad or is just suffering from K-Jet failure, that is the perfect candidate for a 4, 5, or 6 cylinder swap. It's even already manual!

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 19, 2017

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Cage posted:

Did you ever wonder what it would look like if you spray painted your entire interior gloss black, including a soft leather steering wheel? Wonder no more, this guy spent 4k doing just that!

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/mustang-gt-custom/6186732931.html

Nothing good comes from Batavia. It's a redneck shithole where the only notable things are a Walmart and a horse track.

My ex wife is from there.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

It's not that it's unloved, or that Bertones are bad, it's that the V6 is guaranteed at some point to clog the cam oil passages and junk the engine. They didn't fix that problem until 1988 or so.

Something big doesn't work on that car for it to be that cheap. From the picture alone that's at least a $3000 Volvo if it is 100% running. Especially in the Volvoville that is Portland.

Of course I'm overtaken by the want. Assuming the engine is bad or is just suffering from K-Jet failure, that is the perfect candidate for a 4, 5, or 6 cylinder swap. It's even already manual!

You seem to have misspelled "V8".

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LloydDobler posted:

I think it's interesting looking, if nothing else. And yeah the early PRV is a lovely engine.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Florida a sort of nature preserve for automobiles

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

KakerMix posted:

Florida a sort of nature preserve for automobiles

No salt on them roads, just morons :v:

Those Previa's (Tarago in Aus) seem to hold their value pretty well, though that one is the most expensive I've seen. Over here they're nicknamed "wombat van" for the shape.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That GTA, what the gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a dude trying to sell one of those MPVs he brought from Texas for like $5K. It's been for sale for like two years.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm in love with that B series

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Breakfast Feud posted:

I'm in love with that B series

I want a short cab, short bed 5 speed. I missed one a few years ago and have never seen a clean one since for a good price. It's the perfect small truck.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I want a short cab, short long bed 5 speed. I missed one a few years ago and have never seen a clean one since for a good price. It's the perfect small truck.
Long bed for more dirt bike and junk hauling and yes that's the perfect small truck

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The best small truck is a bigger truck. :black101: I can do burnouts and not have to row gears in a lovely 80s/90s manual box, and actually carry stuff.

Still I'd like a new diesel Colorado but it's hardly small. Probably similar in size to my older Silverado.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I am doing an amazing job finding good examples of cars I don't want lately.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

blk posted:

I am doing an amazing job finding good examples of cars I don't want lately.

I want to take all of these to California and sell for double the price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Long bed for more dirt bike and junk hauling and yes that's the perfect small truck

https://kokomo.craigslist.org/cto/d/mazda/6214253313.html

One that needs work and a parts truck. $1500. If I had the space to work on it I'd pull the trigger.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Those early B series aren't good, though. At all.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IOwnCalculus posted:

Those early B series aren't good, though. At all.

They are about as good as any other small pickup from the same era (I.E. poo poo).

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Human Grand Prix posted:

They are about as good as any other small pickup from the same era (I.E. poo poo).

Depends what you expect of them. If you expect them to return great mpg, drive nice and tow poo poo you're out of luck. If you want a basic truck that'll run forever on very little maintenance for dump runs and light hauling they're great. I was originally looking for something like that then went even older because who needs comfort, safety or features. Sure it is slow as hell but it has been a great little truck for the almost 18k we've put on it since February of last year.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Utes are better for that.*
The only point to a light Japanese truck is if you want 4x4.

* An aussie kid in 2025 "what is a ute?"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Fo3 posted:

Utes are better for that.*
The only point to a light Japanese truck is if you want 4x4.

* An aussie kid in 2025 "what is a ute?"

Motherfucker. I have always been a closet GTA lover but that makes me straight up :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.