Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Crow Jane posted:

Wouldn't that backfire, though? I'd imagine voting against this poo poo bill would actually make them look better to their constituents

People who like the ACA are less likely to vote in Republican primaries than crazyass MAGA morons. The president also fully intends to attack moderate members of his own party to try to get them replaced in primaries by crazy loyal idiots.

That will obviously improve the very slim chances of the Dems taking the Senate. Don't get too crazy though, we're talking maybe 2 or 3% now instead of 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, the next total economic meltdown threat is the debt ceiling fight. They got REAL dumb about that last time.

It's going to get pretty ugly this time, because with no major victories to show for anything, every tiny little faction is going to be threatening to take their ball and go home if they don't get what they want.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Y'all are freaking out over a reddit post with like 5 comments on it. It probably got seen by like 30 people before Twitter took to it.

Incels aren't a political force in America, stop focusing on stupid distractions.

E: The loving 8th person identity story happened and yet there's a page or two of meltdowns about incels. Come on.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Crabtree posted:

I don't even loving care for the fact that none of these poo poo heads have any idea how any of the neurosciences actually work...
But if it did work, the result is the mind of a predatory beast, driven to terror by the sheer body-horror of waking up so wrong, totally confused by the range of senses they've gained and lost, stuck into a body that is likely larger and stronger than the one it had, constantly hurting itself as it tries to move in ways it knows it should be able to.

What could possibly go wrong with the plan of making that creature and then getting naked with it and forcing it to do things to the most delicate parts if your body?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
tomorrow Tucker's gonna have a report on the strange blood rituals those "Jewish" people do with christian infants

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

How likely is full repeal at this point? Ron Johnson not committing to McConnell's continued leadership, House members fuming they voted for the a horrible version that never got any better in the Senate. They want a win, can they still get 'Repeal' since they can't figure out 'Replace'?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shifty Pony posted:

The question is whether McConnell decides to make the defectors pay by actually holding the vote and putting them on record for primary attacks.

lose-lose for mcconnell either way. drawing battle lines with more vote and issues to tackle will win him nothing. not taking the vote will hurt him and his campaign, personally.

lol forever

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It's seeming very unlikely based on the responses by GOP senators.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Nonsense posted:

How likely is full repeal at this point? Ron Johnson not committing to McConnell's continued leadership, House members fuming they voted for the a horrible version that never got any better in the Senate. They want a win, can they still get 'Repeal' since they can't figure out 'Replace'?

.... maybe read the prior page? I know this thread moves fast, but that poo poo died within the last 20 minutes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense posted:

Less likely than it's ever been. It won't be zero without Democrat control of one chamber.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nonsense posted:

They're trying it now, and three Senators are already against it. It's DOA.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mcmagic posted:

Yup. She's not running for reelection in the senate and she's going to probably vote against most of Trump's legislative agenda anyway.

You are the Chris Cillizza of D&D.

Bottom Liner posted:

That's 3 no's right? Repeal only dead on arrival.

And since McCain's unable to vote while he recovers from his surgery he's essentially a "no" on everything until he can return to the Senate.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rigel posted:

.... maybe read the prior page? I know this thread moves fast, but that poo poo died within the last 20 minutes.

I saw incel chat, sorry I decided to move ahead with life.

Bicyclops posted:

They're trying it now, and three Senators are already against it. It's DOA.

I was worried about a Full Repeal outcome as a spiteful move from McConnell, it is grand to see they are as useless as the nation perceives.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 18, 2017

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

What's the likelihood of passing a bi-partisan debt ceiling increase with no strings attached in the 11th hour in order to avoid another government shutdown.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dietrich posted:

What's the likelihood of passing a bi-partisan debt ceiling increase with no strings attached in the 11th hour in order to avoid another government shutdown.

Avoiding a government shutdown: Unlikely, maybe 25%.

Avoiding a default at close to the very last moment? Very high, probably 95% or so. The fact that default is not zero is still terrifying.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WampaLord posted:

Y'all are freaking out over a reddit post with like 5 comments on it. It probably got seen by like 30 people before Twitter took to it.

Incels aren't a political force in America, stop focusing on stupid distractions.

E: The loving 8th person identity story happened and yet there's a page or two of meltdowns about incels. Come on.

Some poo poo just so vile that it makes a visceral response you can't ignore. Like when you find a dead bird being eaten by maggots and worms on your morning walk. It just kind of ruins the rest of the Walk or at least the next five minutes.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've heard people describe this as a revolt against McConnell's leadership; any chance Trump is like get me a new majority leader like the child he is

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like to imagine Trump calling McConnell and telling him he is fired from Senate majority leader.

"Mr president you can't do that"

"I just did"

"no I mean you literally ca-"

*TRUMP SLAMS PHONE*

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Carlosologist posted:

I've heard people describe this as a revolt against McConnell's leadership; any chance Trump is like get me a new majority leader like the child he is

I think he'll hang on like Boehner for a while, because who the gently caress wants that job? Being majority leader is fun when the president is sane and you have a reliable solid majority. McConnell is in a living hell because the president is an angry vengeful pissbaby who farts a horrifying tweet out onto the internet every morning and demands that you pass bills that have no loving chance of ever passing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Fulchrum posted:

Plan E through I are all variations on The Purge as a form of culling the sick.

Plans J and K involves encouraging people to go into the sewers to try and finds mutants who may hold an mutagen that can heal any illness.

Plan K involves encouraging people to drink whats under the sink and see what happens, maybe it'll cure you.

Plan L involves trying the Purge again, we didn't give it the time it needed at first.

Then it kinda goes downhill.

Just give every American citizen a free .38 and 3 or 4 bullets. Call it NRAcare and frame it as a nod to patriotic freedom, a tax cut and a celebration of the 2nd amendment. When a family of 4 goes broke from crippling medical bills, they'll know what to do. Problem solved.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Carlosologist posted:

I think we should spotlight the idea through twitter like we did with Banon.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Wow so incels basically are a bunch of entitled pricks

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

twice burned ice posted:

Did the typical fox news punching bags of 'gang bangers' and mexicans get too trite?

They had to find a new group of marginalized people to denigrate and fear monger about.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

It's white genocide signalling - more minorities are coming into the country so use your vote to disenfranchise them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bullets probably make for a good post debt ceiling currency.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

It's also enough of a revolt against Trump to indicate he does not have the political capital or influence to make that happen IMO

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Fart City posted:

Fox is just playing to their base who are probably just terrified that they'd be hit by the curse from "Thinner" if they ever encountered a Romani in person.

"Listen, I invested a lot of time and money to cultivate mass and I'm not going to let a Gypsy women take that away from me."

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

ShredsYouSay posted:

That post was so toxic I was trying to eat while reading it and couldnt

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Old James posted:

"Listen, I invested a lot of time and money to cultivate mass and I'm not going to let a Gypsy women take that away from me."

The War on Fat People.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

It's also enough of a revolt against Trump to indicate he does not have the political capital or influence to make that happen IMO

Lol Political capital.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Too bad McConnell isn't trying to blame Trump for this so we have everyone trying to throw each other under the bus.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I know he's one of the bad guys, but watching John Boehner succeed at a major life goal and then retire from politics just before the Trumpstorm was cathartic.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

ShredsYouSay posted:

Huge if true.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
did not age well

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/590977355662946304

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Voyager I posted:

I know he's one of the bad guys, but watching John Boehner succeed at a major life goal and then retire from politics just before the Trumpstorm was cathartic.

He was probably uncorking a good vintage last night, relaxing and watching his former colleagues try and fail to dance for the cheeto nazi.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/887356766601785348

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rigel posted:

He was probably uncorking a good vintage last night, relaxing and watching his former colleagues try and fail to dance for the cheeto nazi.

Considering the fact they'll still blurt out emails when in a panic, what's to stop them from blaming Boner and dragging him into this mess just because gently caress you?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rigel posted:

I like to imagine he spends his mornings sleeping in a little bit, then turns on the TV with some Irish coffee to watch Paul Ryan deal with a bunch of problems that aren't his anymore.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Heller is now confirmed "no."

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/887356299415089152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so if the government defaults how do you even prepare for that?

• Locked thread