Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

bring back old gbs posted:

The Shield is the only show I've ever watched that had an entire series arc that ended in a satisfying way and really really worked. You can plot that arc through every single season and while there were weird/low points it was always on track.

Goddamn that was such a gutwrench of a show. I Can't rewatch past a certain point, I know what's coming but I forget the exact details and it just gives me anxiety because I love the characters so much.

I have never watched The Shield, but I have similar feelings about Justified. It was some fine execution of in-episode arcs, in season arcs, and series arcs. They took the Rock Star exit by leaving the people wanting more but leaving things nicely tidy at the end. It solidified Timothy Olyphant as a great actor in my eyes. Not to mention Natalia Zea is one of the best looking creatures this planet has to offer.

JethroMcB posted:

Riverdale is so great.

My wife and I just killed the first season on Netflix over the course of about a week. We love this show and want more! This fills the trashy teen drama hole in my heart. I am now listening to all the Sex Archie podcasts. It is entertaining to listen to. I was a little weirded out to hear DivisionPost get name dropped in the fan presented theories podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have never watched The Shield, but I have similar feelings about Justified. It was some fine execution of in-episode arcs, in season arcs, and series arcs. They took the Rock Star exit by leaving the people wanting more but leaving things nicely tidy at the end. It solidified Timothy Olyphant as a great actor in my eyes. Not to mention Natalia Zea is one of the best looking creatures this planet has to offer.

Ohhhh gently caress I forgot about Justified, yeah that was really satisfying as well. Walton Goggins is the common link there. He's one of the main cop guys in The Shield so its a funny juxtaposition. By the end I think Boyd had a better moral compass...

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I was gonna do another Fringe rewatch and those Netflix bastards dropped it at some point.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's still on Netflix in the red universe, I just checked.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Croatoan posted:

I was gonna do another Fringe rewatch and those Netflix bastards dropped it at some point.

Every episode is available on Go90.

No, I don't really know what that is either. It's yet another streaming service, only this one is owned by Verizon.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Croatoan posted:

It's free on Go90 (along with Babylon 5 and the Terminator tv series)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ad-supported streaming? ADs?!? RAWWWWRRRRR!

less laughter posted:

It's still on Netflix in the red universe, I just checked.

Along with seasons 6 and 7, I bet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Croatoan posted:

Same but Avatar after someone mentioned it in this thread. Netflix dropping all the old shows is pissing me off. I had copies of Futurama but netflix was so much more convenient.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm watching Korra and Avatar on Amazon Prime right now

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

both at the same time?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

One of these days I'll bite the bullet and actually get my own prime sub, but man the free 2 day shipping from a shared account is nice.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently Prime doesn't have Season 4 of Korra, just FYI. A shame since that's one of the good seasons.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DivisionPost posted:

If you ever need to stop and take stock of what the gently caress just happened on any given episode, a former goon (General Ironicus, best known for his Let's Plays with Chip Cheezum) does a recap podcast with his wife called Sex Archie, and it's hilarious.

Former? I thought they just got slammed with actual real life paycheck work, not that they'd left the forum.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Killjoys is kicking rear end this season. I am enjoying it thoroughly.
Trying to get into Wynnona Earp, on the face of it the show should be very much my poo poo but I dunno, 4 eps in and Im just shouting "shoot the fucker,then quip!"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bruceski posted:

Former? I thought they just got slammed with actual real life paycheck work, not that they'd left the forum.

That's true too, and they're not banned or anything (at least Ironicus isn't, don't know about Chip), but my extremely limited understanding is that Lowtax did a thing that pissed off Voidburger, and since she and Chip are together, well...

EDIT: Yeah, it was blowback from the whole Shmorky fias-gently caress. That's all I'm at liberty to say at the moment, I don't want to derail this thread on it.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 18, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Apparently Prime doesn't have Season 4 of Korra, just FYI. A shame since that's one of the good seasons.

What the gently caress. Where do I watch it, then?

On s3 of Avatar right now. 2nd time through for me.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

What the gently caress. Where do I watch it, then?

It's anime, so... Crunchyroll?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

less laughter posted:

It's anime, so... Crunchyroll?

No it isn't!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
It's anime so you can fill in the blanks. I'm assuming it had a lot of big eyed gasps, speed lines and high pitched voices. Yup I'm pretty sure I nailed it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

No see, it's good, so it can't be anime.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd watch a lot more anime if the characters were always on speed.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Croatoan posted:

Cool people own the blu-rays. :smugbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

If you ever need to stop and take stock of what the gently caress just happened on any given episode, a former goon (General Ironicus, best known for his Let's Plays with Chip Cheezum) does a recap podcast with his wife called Sex Archie, and it's hilarious.

Oh man I gotta check that out thanks hoss

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh man Gladys makes an early appearance in Phoebe's massage parlor like a season and a half before her episode comes up

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Croatoan posted:

It's anime so you can fill in the blanks. I'm assuming it had a lot of big eyed gasps, speed lines and high pitched voices. Yup I'm pretty sure I nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jxb9YwOUxo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
HOLY gently caress THAT'S SKEET ULRICH!!!

I'm on ep 7 of Dark Archie and had to look up why he looked familiar.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tessiebee posted:

Killjoys is kicking rear end this season. I am enjoying it thoroughly.
Trying to get into Wynnona Earp, on the face of it the show should be very much my poo poo but I dunno, 4 eps in and Im just shouting "shoot the fucker,then quip!"

My man! Look, early season 1 is wonky as gently caress. No lie.

Killjoys is my fav syfy spaceship show that isn't the Expanse, i have a healthy none sexual crush on Johnny Jacobis.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Rocksicles posted:

My man! Look, early season 1 is wonky as gently caress. No lie.

Killjoys is my fav syfy spaceship show that isn't the Expanse, i have a healthy none sexual crush on Johnny Jacobis.

Same here, Although he is currently called Jelly Jacobi chez moi due to new nerd
I have to try the expanse, but I am not ashamed that I love cheesy campy TV. Have you seen Lost Girl? It's by the same creator. Season one is perfect but it does go down hill after lovretta leaves

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

@midnight has been canceled after 600 episodes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did it ever go back to actually being at midnight?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

Not since they cancelled Larry Wilmore's show, I think.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

raditts posted:

The winner is crowned at midnight, which is the joke they kept making.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

@midnight has been canceled after 600 episodes.

I'm actually surprised, surely it's dirt cheap to produce? The content is stolen borrowed from the Internet, interns write the jokes, and the comedians appear for free to promote themselves/their project.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

lelandjs posted:

I'm actually surprised, surely it's dirt cheap to produce? The content is stolen borrowed from the Internet, interns write the jokes, and the comedians appear for free to promote themselves/their project.

Possibly, but it's not like Chris Hardwick doesn't have dozens of other projects. I'm just surprised they didn't just look for a new host.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

I assume it's Hardwick either wanting to leave or costing too much now.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

So The Americans isn't all that far fetched.

quote:

US authorities secretly surveilled all the spies for years, bugging the Guryevs' house and even secretly searching it when they weren't around. The FBI told CNN's original series "Declassifed" that the Guryevs tried so hard to blend into American society that they didn't even speak Russian inside their own home.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The farfetched part of The Americans is not that they're spies, it's that they pull these high risk operations on like a weekly basis. And the wigs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

No real person's wig game is that strong, true.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The farfetched part of The Americans is that Philip and Elizabeth look like Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell. "Richard Murphy" in that CNN article, meanwhile, looks like the default Create-a-Wrestler for WWE 2k18 Slavic Edition. (That photo of him dual wielding a cheeseburger and a Coors Light is a nice touch.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that picture made me laugh. He looks like a bond villain henchman.

• Locked thread