Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love that in HITMAN, dead bodies eventually get dragged away in body bags. I poisoned a guy in the Bangkok hotel level and was hanging out in the kitchen disguised as a chef trying to work out how to get my next target, when a grumbling security guy drags a body bag through the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

BioEnchanted posted:

Started replaying Toy Story 3 on the XBox 360. Starting with the story mode to get it out of the way, but the levels are fairly fun - more so than I remembered. So far the highlight has been the Buzz Lightyear videogame level, which has a really interesting aesthetic as the planet you are on gets hit by an enormous meteor, leaving little floating chunks of the earths crust with massive craters below. As you land on some platforms they crack under your weight allowing you to reach new areas, with a cleverly hidden collectible where you need to blow up a nearby platform to make two parts of it quickly sail off to form a temporary path, that you need to hop along to get the card, then hop straight onto the one ahead to reach the next area. Luckily if you grab something it stays grabbed so if you miss your chance and get stranded you can just jump off and respawn. It's overall been fairly interesting level design, then you get to play with Toybox mode after beating the first level which is sidestories set in the wild-west. In that mode you can dress the citizens and aliens in outfits that you unlock that is a really cute thing, and you also unlock decorations for any buildings that you can customise.

Ya it was pretty cool in toy box you could make enemies/objects (including your horse/car) bigger and smaller too. It was just fun to climb around and punt guys across the map. And there was this really cool haunted house level that played a song when you entered, where you got a weapon that could turn anything into a ghost. The game was a lot more fun than expected.

Was playing Ratchet and Clank (ps4) recently and my favorite little thing is when you unlock the Ryno, a song plays when you attack. I laughed out loud the first time. And the groovitron is just a fantastic weapon that can be used on bosses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFc-LdeCyLE&t=325s

Nude has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Jul 17, 2017

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
My friend and I recently got the Oculus Rift thanks to the new deal and we've been playing Rec Room as a way to acclimate to VR.

Rec Room contains a number of different mini games, one of which being a sci-fi shooter where the players progress through a map shooting AI enemies. If the enemies shoot your weapon you drop it and and will have to pick it up again.

It's absolutely hilarious to see your friend get the gun shot out of his hands and seeing him crawling around, both in game and in real life, trying to re-arm himself.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

The drone and jumper in Watch Dogs 2 are ruining all other open world games for me more than the entirety of Breath of the Wild. Especially coming off Mafia III. I'm making it my personal goal in this game to get out of the car as little as possible.

You can launch a drone without leaving the car?? That is a game changer, but I can't say why.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd forgotten how good Bonnie's house in Toy Story 3 is. It's the third out of 3 imagination/playtime story levels where Andy or Bonnie dictate the flow like a demented dungeon master. The first one is not that interesting, It's just Andy's game from the beginning of the movie with Woody versus the Evil Doctor Pork-chop, but when Bonnie get's her turn it's amazing. First the tea party she throws gets interrupted when her doll turns into a witch and starts flooding her bedroom with Coffee, so there's a rising coffee level that's fairly fun to navigate. The room keeps changing too, first of all the witch makes the room three stories high, then the walls start to blast apart when you reach the top of the room giving you a sneak peek at the next section. Then the witch introduces that section as you go out the window with "Well you'll never survive... OUTER SPACE!" And then your rail grinding around a rocket gathering batteries. It's the best.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Caufman posted:

You can launch a drone without leaving the car?? That is a game changer, but I can't say why.
You can indeed, and the jumper as well.

You can also shoot ScoutX pictures from the jumper or the drone. Walking there and opening the camera app is so tedious in a direct comparison.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

My Lovely Horse posted:

You can also shoot ScoutX pictures from the jumper or the drone. Walking there and opening the camera app is so tedious in a direct comparison.

Oh my God!

Imagine I posted that Whomp where Ronnie's head exploded and glitter spells out "THAT'S NEAT!"

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah but then you can't get poo poo on a photobombed by the tourists when you take a selfie with the scoutx spot.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

BioEnchanted posted:

I'd forgotten how good Bonnie's house in Toy Story 3 is. It's the third out of 3 imagination/playtime story levels where Andy or Bonnie dictate the flow like a demented dungeon master. The first one is not that interesting, It's just Andy's game from the beginning of the movie with Woody versus the Evil Doctor Pork-chop, but when Bonnie get's her turn it's amazing. First the tea party she throws gets interrupted when her doll turns into a witch and starts flooding her bedroom with Coffee, so there's a rising coffee level that's fairly fun to navigate. The room keeps changing too, first of all the witch makes the room three stories high, then the walls start to blast apart when you reach the top of the room giving you a sneak peek at the next section. Then the witch introduces that section as you go out the window with "Well you'll never survive... OUTER SPACE!" And then your rail grinding around a rocket gathering batteries. It's the best.

Thank you for using spoiler tags. I haven't gotten around to playing Toy Story 3 yet and I appreciate the opportunity to go in blind.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TGLT posted:

wow, gamers have once again proven they are wrong about everything!!! Brayko's boss fight is great, but I like Omen Deng and Marburg as characters more.
I will never get tired of calling Marburg out on his bullshit, infuriating him, then shooting him half a dozen times in the face. Guy is such a hypocritical rear end in a top hat.

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Hogo Fogo posted:

In Delta Force, if you fire your grenade launcher and it clips on terrain too close to you, it does not explode. A nice thing in a game with no saves.

This is actually realistic. Grenade launcher rounds are usually designed not to arm until they've travelled past a minimum distance.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Back in the day I played a mod for the original Unreal Tournament called Infiltration (think ARMA). I think I killed more people with the direct impact of grenade shells than by them hitting a surface and detonating. It was pretty hilarious.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jul 18, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mierenneuker posted:

Back in the day I played a mod for the original Unreal Tournament called Infiltration (think ARMA). I think I killed more people with the direct impact of grenade shells than by them hitting a surface and detonating. It was pretty hilarious.

I always wanted a game with a teargas gun you could knock people around with the grenades from like in the riot scene with The Comedian from Watchmen.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

I will never get tired of calling Marburg out on his bullshit, infuriating him, then shooting him half a dozen times in the face. Guy is such a hypocritical rear end in a top hat.

I love that it works if and only if you've been that type of infuriating rear end in a top hat the whole game, since if you just do it to him he knows he's being played and keeps cool

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Mierenneuker posted:

In the original Half-Life getting hit by an unexploded grenade did exactly one point of damage. If you managed to hit a soldier with one they'd grunt in pain.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Isn't it still possible in CSGO to kill someone by bonking them on the head with a flash grenade?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Guy Mann posted:

I always wanted a game with a teargas gun you could knock people around with the grenades from like in the riot scene with The Comedian from Watchmen.

Sleeping Dogs has a DLC that lets you do that

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love that in HITMAN, dead bodies eventually get dragged away in body bags. I poisoned a guy in the Bangkok hotel level and was hanging out in the kitchen disguised as a chef trying to work out how to get my next target, when a grumbling security guy drags a body bag through the kitchen.

one of my favorite quotes in that whole game is from a security guard dragging a body away. He says "You'd be surprised but I actually do this quite a lot!" and it's just so upbeat and funny.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RyokoTK posted:

Isn't it still possible in CSGO to kill someone by bonking them on the head with a flash grenade?

Yeah it only does like 2 damage but you see it happen sometimes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
A neat bit of attention to detail now that I've beaten the main story levels in Toy Story 3 - In the levels in the real world, where the toys are doing the daycare stuff, you can switch between Jesse, Woody and Buzz as playable characters. In the jail break level, Buzz has, of course, been reprogrammed by Lotso - however you can still switch to him. You cannot control him, but I like that you can still jump into him as he is technically still a playable character not an enemy, he's just temporarily confused. The furnace level straight after does a good job of keeping tensino too by having a hard time limit in which you need to switch between all three to solve puzzles to destroy first a set of burners, then a pair of crushers and finally a grinder so that Rex, Slinky and the others don't get killed. It's definitely interesting even if the final step is a pain in the rear end.

Also the Haunted Bakery level is adorable. :3:

nael
Sep 10, 2009
I don't know if throwing eggs in Resident Evil 4 does any damage at all, but I managed to kill a ganado with one. He was about to throw a stick of dynamite and the egg stunned him for just long enough for the fuse to run down and blow him up.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rotten eggs to a tiny tiny bit of damage in RE5. I don't know about RE4.

There's actually an achievement for killing an enemy with one.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Leon "the Eggman" Kennedy, famous gangster

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Toy Story 3: Now that I'm onto Toybox mode I like how the character missions make little stories for the characters, like improving the town for Mayor Hamm attracts bandits, then one briefly runs against him in an election campaign, then, because Hamm's a piggy bank in a town now targetted by bandits, he asks you to build a proper bank so he's less of a target. :3: A lot of the missions have little cutscenes or effect the environment in such a way as to unlock other missions as well, like Wheezy who wants you to take photos of varying things, concluding with a crashed UFO that appeared when I had to help out one of the aliens. It's fairly well put together.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Admittedly it makes the mechanic a misnomer, but I love that 100% Completion in Grand Theft Auto V isn't literally complete-everything. It's so much more accessible and reachable when the game says "As far as we're concerned, you've completed the part where you have to fly through buildings done after eight, not all thirty".

nael
Sep 10, 2009
Bumping into pedestrians with the rc drone in Watch Dogs 2 might be the greatest method of mildly annoying npcs in any game I've played

The best part is that there's never any consequence for it. You can follow a cop around and fly into him over and over, and you get the same annoyed response/half assed attempt to dodge it as you would from anyone else.

nael has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Jul 19, 2017

nael
Sep 10, 2009
And another Watch Dogs 2 thing. I found a guy sleeping under a bridge. When i scanned him, the little fact that popped up was "sleeps under a bridge"

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
I'm going into Wolfenstein: The New Order completely blind, having not played a game since Wolvenstein 3D when I was in like 5th grade. I just picked up a golden chalice in a hidden area.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

nael posted:

And another Watch Dogs 2 thing. I found a guy sleeping under a bridge. When i scanned him, the little fact that popped up was "sleeps under a bridge"
I love when NPCs find each other. One time I came across two that were talking to each other and had something like "robot movie enthusiast" and "amateur roboticist". Awww.

nael
Sep 10, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

I love when NPCs find each other. One time I came across two that were talking to each other and had something like "robot movie enthusiast" and "amateur roboticist". Awww.

I found a lady that was a college graduate and made 16000 dollars a year handing out fliers. The most I've ever identified with a video game character. Also the quadcopter drone doesn't take damage from vehicle collisions. You can hover in front of a car and hack it to ram the drone until it knocks it out of range.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

nael posted:

Reminds me of this, from The Division.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Playing WoW, grinding for rep in Pandaria. Handed in a feather to a grumpy old man, and he responded with, " "... My son, Tai...he used to collect these as a little boy. When his mother died, I told him they were messages from her, fallen from the heavens." After you hand it in, he says, "My son loved these feathers because they are as blue as the sky. He always said he was going to fly someday." I was not expecting that, and suddenly there's a lot of dust in the air *sniff*.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Now that's some good inventory neatness,i'd play an inventory tetris Re4 spinoff in a heartbeat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Now that's some good inventory neatness,i'd play an inventory tetris Re4 spinoff in a heartbeat.

Yeah, it makes me feel guilty - mine always ends up scrambled

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A game where you're Ashley holding Leon's suitcase and organizing his stuff and he's constantly demanding things to fight off monsters and keeps throwing things at you to hold on to but he doesn't realize he's making unreasonable demands and there's no way you can fit all this stuff in this suitcase and so you have to discretely dispose of some things but then that's exactly what he asks for and so you get eaten by an ogre.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

nael posted:

https://gfycat.com/AgileVibrantDrongo

He deserved it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

Reminds me of this, from The Division.

The side bits of the division are great. It's the first Ubi game I've gone and found all the collectibles in, because they all give bits and pieces of the background of everything just going to poo poo. Some color in antagonists, some are just cool flavor bits, but it's all really well done.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Let he who has not gone out of their way to shoot/hack/taunt every scientologist, bronie and furry the DedSec app identifies cast the first stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah, it makes me feel guilty - mine always ends up scrambled

*cough

I loved RE4, I'm sure it was my GOTY whatever year it came out. I'll always remember playing those challenges to get the Hand Cannon. Particularly, playing as Hunk, where all you had to do was pap someone in the face with an uzi bullet, then melee boot them for a huge combo and an easy high score.