Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sash! posted:

A best man speech is a life milestone. It is the first time you get to tell a rambling, confusing old man story to a captive audience.

It's, at best, a story that only a tiny fraction of the audience cares about. Namely: The parents and the wedding party.

Everyone else is rolling their eyes as to why this person is interrupting their dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
we get it, you don't like fun

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I firmly established that weddings are not fun prior.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Weddings have become an arms race. I've been seeing more and more wedding parties consisting of 10, 12, 15 bridesmaids and nothing else can explain this

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

weddings own unless they are dry because they are baptist or their dad is a recovering alcoholic or something

getting dressed up and free food and drink and dancing is cool and fun, who would of thought

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cnidario posted:

Weddings have become an arms race. I've been seeing more and more wedding parties consisting of 10, 12, 15 bridesmaids and nothing else can explain this

Nobody wants to hurt anyone's feelings so you either get 20 people in your wedding party or just have your sibling be the ____ of honor

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

lamentable dustman posted:

weddings own unless they are dry because they are baptist or their dad is a recovering alcoholic or something

getting dressed up and free food and drink and dancing is cool and fun, who would of thought

yep

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only good parts of weddings are the times where you have free food and alcohol stuffed in your fat maw so you don't have to socialize with others.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cnidario posted:

And the bride will always make them buy the most awful dresses possible

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

iospace posted:

It's, at best, a story that only a tiny fraction of the audience cares about. Namely: The parents and the wedding party.

Everyone else is rolling their eyes as to why this person is interrupting their dinner.

Depends on the speaker, really.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I'm not close enough to any of my friends to go to their weddings. :smith:

I've only been to 2 weddings in my life and they were both for uncles. My first time ever getting drunk was at the reception for one of these weddings, when I was five :haw:.

Lol

vyst posted:

The only good parts of weddings are the times where you have free food and alcohol stuffed in your fat maw so you don't have to socialize with others.

Socializing is good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cnidario posted:

at my girlfriend's sisters' wedding, the groom has twice as many grooms men as the bride has bridesmaids.

he just loved his frat so much

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Even me, one of the least fun people anywhere, enjoys weddings. That should say something.

I'm really enjoying the popularity of photobooths, but not so much sparkler send offs. Sparklers have always been a disappointment to me, as a firework.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Yeah, I can't think of ever hearing an actually good best man speech. Both that and the maid of honor will start with "I remember when [name] and [name] first met...", and the best man will promptly try to make about 10 terrible jokes and get lost in at least 2 stories he's trying to tell.

Attention every best man: You have 1 minute, max. Nobody's really listening anyway.

I nailed my best man speech. 1 minute, memorized and not spitballed, humor, moral, love, tears, toast.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
I've made one great best man speach that was short and sweet and one that was a rambling black out drunk mess.

My fav wedding story is when my now fiance went to a wedding in Ireland of her American friend and an Irish groom. Apparently in Ireland they don't really do open bars. So much so that when the bride put her foot down like a good bride and demanded it the catering company had to figure out how to charge them for it. Also the Irish guests, which made up the vast majority of those in attendance, couldn't really handle it and for a while apparently didn't believe that it was real. One Irish guest had a conversation with my fiance along the lines of "So this is at every American wedding? How do people not die?"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The only wedding I've had to speak at the bride was pregnant but didn't want to tell anyone outside of like 3 people, and so I, as a gentlemen and quality best man, stepped up and covertly took all her drinks in addition to my own. It was maybe not ideal speech giving conditions.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The last wedding I was at I almost got in a fist fight with my brother over reasons I'm not entirely sure of (actually I know exactly what it was about), thankfully he blacked out and remembers none of it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

One Irish guest had a conversation with my fiance along the lines of "So this is at every American wedding? How do people not die?"

that's amazing hahahaha

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have not been a best man but I have spoken at two weddings and both times were well received. Don't speak if you don't at least have an outline of what you're gonna say in your head or if it will take longer than two minutes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if the best man is banging the bride on the dl?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao the thread title change

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

:perfect:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FizFashizzle posted:

at my girlfriend's sisters' wedding, the groom has twice as many grooms men as the bride has bridesmaids.

he just loved his frat so much

The most entertaining frat-based wedding I ever heard of involved the sister-in-law of the groom and the brother of the bride, who dated each other briefly and absolutely hate each other, only to now be related.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 18, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I got invited to a couple of weddings shortly after college but I was busy with work. My sister's just out of college now and it seems like she's going to one every week. Well, that's my wedding story.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've only been to one wedding with any frat or sorority dealings. All her sisters sang some song that was so high pitched it made me involuntarily wince. It may have been the single worst song I've ever heard in public.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Randaconda posted:

What if the best man is banging the bride on the dl?

Not this, but I've been to a wedding where the best man basically admitted he had a thing for the bride in his speech. He said he would have dated the bride if the groom didn't. A lot of puzzled looks at our table of high school friends of the bride.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

The only wedding I've had to speak at the bride was pregnant but didn't want to tell anyone outside of like 3 people, and so I, as a gentlemen and quality best man, stepped up and covertly took all her drinks in addition to my own. It was maybe not ideal speech giving conditions.

I would take you as a wingman over anyone else in this thread, hands down

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Guy is paid millions of dollars to have the loving answer. Funny response if you aren't the loving head coach of said defensive embarrassment.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
To whoever was wondering if he said bingo:

https://twitter.com/TexasTechFB/status/887431903883665408

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Guy is paid millions of dollars to have the loving answer. Funny response if you aren't the loving head coach of said defensive embarrassment.

It's not hard to come up with an answer of why our defense got as bad as it was. The thing is that a coach isn't going to point to that answer because it throws his players and assistants under the bus.

7 DC's in 8 years with no HC involvement from 2013-2015 and negative HC involvement from 2010-2012. Combine with from-the-menu recruiting from 2010-2012 and an all-in on JUCO approach in 2014 and you have a young defense made up of bit players that don't match any scheme with no overall recruiting strategy to help fix it.

I tend to be pretty positive in my evaluations, but I'm sitting here going, "I don't see how it gets any better this year." Really don't see how it gets any better next year either. Unless Kliff pulls a real rabbit out of his hat and turns in an 8+ win season, the negative recruiting is just too easy and he's stuck playing the diamond in the rough game.

At least under Kliff, the offense is exciting. Under Tubs, the offense AND the defense sucked.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

vyst posted:

i can't believe this post exists

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Very much not looking forward to the inevitable Bama hire of Kliff as OC

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Sash! posted:

Even me, one of the least fun people anywhere, enjoys weddings. That should say something.

I'm really enjoying the popularity of photobooths, but not so much sparkler send offs. Sparklers have always been a disappointment to me, as a firework.

Went to a wedding last year in Chicago at this converted warehouse that was a venue, which the owner had a photo studio in; this mean that they were taking awesome portraits for their 'photobooth'.

The photobooth at our wedding printed two sets of pictures and put one in a book for people to put messages next to. It was a nice surprise since we didn't know they'd do this.

edit: And I still have no clue what to expect from Texas, but have not high expectations based on the past few years.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kliff's Krimson Korner works just as well, so Kliff to Baka confirmed?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Neil Armbong posted:

edit: And I still have no clue what to expect from Texas, but have not high expectations based on the past few years.

I'm expecting at least 9 wins, but I tend to be pretty optimistic. Hell we might get lucky.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

KKKLIP ART posted:

Kliff's Krimson Korner works just as well, so Kliff to Baka confirmed?

Kingsbury might not be the best coach, but I wouldn't call him baka [TL NOTE: baka means idiot].

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Very much not looking forward to the inevitable Bama hire of Kliff as OC

Me neither :(

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Camp/Training/Charity event pics coming out, soooo close to football

The dude on the left is 17

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So the wife sent me a couple videos to brief me on what to expect at our wedding next month. Posting raw links because that poo poo ain't gonna embed.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcxNDk1MTc1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3NzY2NDY2MA==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

Please advise.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 19, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Warbird posted:

So the wife sent me a couple videos to brief me on what to expect at our wedding next month. Posting raw links because that poo poo ain't gonna embed.

http://m.youku.com/video/id_XMjcxNDk1MTc1Mg==.html?sharefrom=iphone&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=1&source=

http://m.youku.com/video/id_XMjcxNDk1MTc1Mg==.html?sharefrom=iphone&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=1&source=

Please advise.

Item not found, so its good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Warbird posted:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcxNDk1MTc1Mg==.html?spm=a2h0k.8191407.0.0&from=s1.8-1-1.2

Please advise.

who uses flash anymore?

• Locked thread