Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Since it's past 1:42 I guess that means I can pick now, so I'll take my second center and go with Nazem Kadri

Had a career high 32 goals last year and while it was much higher than he ever got in his life before, he only shot 13% which isn't too ridiculous. Still relatively young and good at what he does. Further solidifies the rear end in a top hat factor of the squad that will work really well with Marchand and Getzlaf already in the mix.

stab is up 2x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
First pick while phone posting hope hes not taken.
He always murders the habs when he plays them..so now he joins them

Cam Atkinson

Les Canadiens de Montreal sont tres fiers de selectionee un joueur de chez nous.

Un joueur qu'on va surement ruinee son potentielle pis nos fans pis notre media vont arrache sa tete et il aura seulement du succes quand ils est parti de Montreal

Jonathan Drouin

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Kilza posted:

Everybody remaining sucks at this point so you don't have to worry about making good selections with your picks any more.

This part blew my mind last year, how quickly the well known talent disappears in only a few rounds.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll go with Nick Leddy

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stab posted:

Les Canadiens de Montreal sont tres fiers de selectionee un joueur de chez nous.

Un joueur qu'on va surement ruinee son potentielle pis nos fans pis notre media vont arrache sa tete et il aura seulement du succes quand ils est parti de Montreal

Jonathan Drouin

It's gonna be wild to watch the Montreal media have a legit Quebec star to rip on again.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vervictus is up again until 4:54 PM EST to make not one but two selections.

eXXon and Habibi follow him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

FBS posted:

This part blew my mind last year, how quickly the well known talent disappears in only a few rounds.

I dunno, I think there are a lot of good players left.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

FBS posted:

Unless I forgot who someone plays for in real life, through 94 picked players:

Predators 6
Jets 6
Leafs 5
Penguins 5
Blue Jackets 5
Hurricanes 4
Capitals 4
Panthers 4
Sharks 4
Blackhawks 4
Bruins 4
Lightning 4
Kings 4
Stars 3
Senators 3
Rangers 3
Blues 3
Canadiens 3
Oilers 3
Ducks 3
Flames 3
Islanders 2
Wild 2
Sabres 2
Devils 1
Flyers 1
Red Wings 1
Avalanche 1
Coyotes 1
Canucks 0
Knights 0

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Wow, no one has picked Brandon Sutter??

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

No one has picked Luca Sbisa either!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Habibi posted:

Wow, no one has picked Brandon Sutter??

dude shut the gently caress up

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Every year I pick the Jets to be good and every year they disappoint me but I think maybe this is their year.

Then again Dallas looks good too, who comes out? Minnesota?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

T-Bone posted:

Every year I pick the Jets to be good and every year they disappoint me but I think maybe this is their year.

Then again Dallas looks good too, who comes out? Minnesota?

I think Minnesota will be fine, Boudreau's always good at getting his teams to perform well in the regular season. However, I could see St. Louis missing out and maybe Chicago too.

e: Not to mention San Jose, which could give the Central another wild card team.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Who can I send my list to now since Verviticus is unlikely to make up his mind anytime soon?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

eXXon posted:

Who can I send my list to now since Verviticus is unlikely to make up his mind anytime soon?

You can send it to me, I'll be bored and at work for a few more hours.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

dude shut the gently caress up

Brandon Sutter account spotted.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alright, i'll take jaccob slavin and edit: changed this matt tkachuk

i can fill out the spreadsheet in a bit. kinda surprised the hockey hipsters in this thing let slavin fall this far

well thats a lot of cap flexibility moving forward

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2017

Thufir
May 19, 2004

eXXon posted:

eXXon and the Blues take Matt Duchene

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Fuckkkk, I was praying that Slavin would fall some more. Great pick.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Tkachuk :negative:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus posted:

alright, i'll take jaccob slavin and edit: changed this matt tkachuk

i can fill out the spreadsheet in a bit. kinda surprised the hockey hipsters in this thing let slavin fall this far

well thats a lot of cap flexibility moving forward

Slavin is a very good pick, and if I couldn't get Klefbom I would've gotten Slavin instead.

e: Habibi has until 6:53 PM EST. Following up is lazerwolf and Yaya.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 18, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Thufir posted:

Unless I forgot who someone plays for in real life, through 94 picked players:

Predators 6
Jets 6
Leafs 5
Penguins 5
Blue Jackets 5
Hurricanes 4
Capitals 4
Panthers 4
Sharks 4
Blackhawks 4
Bruins 4
Lightning 4
Kings 4
Stars 3
Senators 3
Rangers 3
Blues 3
Canadiens 3
Oilers 3
Ducks 3
Flames 3
Islanders 2
Wild 2
Sabres 2
Devils 1
Flyers 1
Red Wings 1
Avalanche 1
Coyotes 1
Canucks 0
Knights 0

Who from My Team got picked? (Avs) I also don't follow them, but would like to know because the spreadsheet doesn't know teams... oh wait, Duchence is still with that garbage team. At least he is getting six mil for it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jordan7hm posted:

It's gonna be wild to watch the Montreal media have a legit Quebec star to rip on again.

I can't hardly wait!!!!!

Heh

Hehe

Hohohoho

:smith:

Im on a departure from my norm...my team age is like 24 ffs

Animal you have 2 righr now.. mackinnon and duchene are gone from that shitpile of a team

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I was hoping for one of Kadri or Slavin in paricular for my pick, now there's only bad players left.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Only thing I got to rub in my father in laws face when he buys us tickets to baby stars games. Cause he always rubs the cups in mine for being a Caps fan.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
So for goalies we have to pick a starter right? Because everyone left is pretty meh.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you just need to pick two goalies. honestly i dunno why most people care, the average goalie is like 1% worse than the vezina winner in this stupid league

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

take me you ANIMAL posted:

So for goalies we have to pick a starter right? Because everyone left is pretty meh.

I mean, you don't have to. You just have to select guys who are NHL property (as per rule 1). So if you want to pick back-ups or even prospects on NHL contracts, go nuts.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

im sure someone picked matt murray last time and theyve been pretty thoroughly vindicated so have fun with it, just be ready to convince everyone else that its a good idea

i much prefer the route of picking guys everyone likes so i dont have to defend it as much

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SAS turning into hfboards with this veteran disrespect smh

Thufir
May 19, 2004

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Who from My Team got picked? (Avs) I also don't follow them, but would like to know because the spreadsheet doesn't know teams... oh wait, Duchence is still with that garbage team. At least he is getting six mil for it.

Mackinnon was the one I counted, I guess it's 2 now with the Duchene pick.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Verviticus posted:

you just need to pick two goalies. honestly i dunno why most people care, the average goalie is like 1% worse than the vezina winner in this stupid league

Tell that to the Winnipeg Jets.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey, if you pay em like a starter they'll play like a starter, amirite? No? Oh.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Give me the Marcus Johansson.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

lazerwolf has until 8:53 PM EST to pick. Yaya and JoelJoel up afterwards as we trudge along.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Gimme Alex Wennberg

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll take Morgan Rielly. It was between him and Slavin as the young d-man that I wanted for this pick and Verviticus taking Slavin made this choice a lot easier.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Gimme Alex Wennberg

I almost picked him over Kopitar but his fancy stats and shooting percentage spike have me really thinking he might be more of the 40-50 point player than the 50-60 sort.

That said he did look fairly impressive in the first round series against the Pens so who's to say?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Wennberg vs kadri was a debate I had for my pick too and I went for kadri for similar reasons

It was a close call though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im leaving for a tiny holiday tomorrow and wont be back until Friday night. Can I email someone some picks since Im only like 5 away and more than likely will miss tomorrow mornings draft call?

• Locked thread