Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
How's the flavor text this go round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

heyy it's ya boi protheon coming at ya with the daily destiny

*30 seconds of dubstep*

don't forget to smash that like n subscribe

"what is up guys" - guess the youtuber

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Feels like the hunter class ability is pretty weak compared to the other two, at least in PVE. Seems like it could be more useful in PVP with the instant reload perk.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

want dat linear fusion rifle

Abilities need to charge faster. With no invisibility or blink, Arcstrider is like a unfun bladedancer. I thought Homecoming was great.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

pubbies blow huge dick at the strike

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

first match: 6.0 'efficiency'. just give us kills/deaths you loving morons.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

first match of competitive: four stack on the other team, three people on my team literally never got super

it's destiny 2

I just have to ask because your MO in the last few destiny threads over the years is to bitch non stop. Are you even enjoying yourself? Like, maybe you should find a different franchise for your health.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

want dat linear fusion rifle

Abilities need to charge faster. With no invisibility or blink, Arcstrider is like a unfun bladedancer. I thought Homecoming was great.

I definitely thought it was the most fun/powerful super ability I used though. Killed way more enemies with Poledancer than with the new Warlock firebird thing or the captain america Titan.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Titan bubble seems to kill enemies the best

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
This is pretty much the best Destiny game ever.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I just have to ask because your MO in the last few destiny threads over the years is to bitch non stop. Are you even enjoying yourself? Like, maybe you should find a different franchise for your health.

as an adult human, i don't spend my leisure time doing things i don't enjoy. if i didn't like destiny, i wouldn't play it. most of the things i complain about don't even change my enjoyment of the game, they're just gripes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Humans sometimes post things and don't even believe what they post.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
I have 4 beta codes to give out for the console beta (sorry PC), first four people to reply with their console and region (americas or europe) gets a code.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DrNutt posted:

Feels like the hunter class ability is pretty weak compared to the other two, at least in PVE. Seems like it could be more useful in PVP with the instant reload perk.

yeah you'll still be getting armour pieces that increase the recharge rates I'm pretty sure

exotic submachinegun the warlocks got is pretty cool. Like zhalo 2.0

psions have a new charge up sniper rocket thing that seems more dangerous to other cabal in friendly fire that to players

they also have a new psionic power that pops you up into the air, very fun

phalanxes have a weakspot on their shields, shoot it to break the shield and stagger them

the scout I had felt pretty weak in pvp, same with hand cannons but that might just be cause I suck

I didn't really like the six-shooter modifier for golden gun, felt like most of my shots went to waste

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol shotguns are back baby

https://twitter.com/MunchGawd/status/887392610826027008

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I don't know why Bungie even keeps up this charade that we are controlling a character instead of a corpse that out ghost is remote controlling. I understand that VO is expensive but drat, can't our character at least get a single line here and there?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Thankfully they're classified as power weapons now and Bungie doesn't need to worry about their balancing as much.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who gives a poo poo if you talk. You're just a murderbot that paid $60 for the privilege, don't act like you want to take part in theater.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Shouldn't this thread be in the Blizzard sub-forum now?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Koth posted:

Shouldn't this thread be in the Blizzard sub-forum now?

Nah this the console thread

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

loving lol that didn't take long.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

that's gotta be a lot of mobility gear. if i try to maneuver my titan it's like a brick in a washing machine.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol at the second shot connecting with the wrong player.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Just killed three dudes and Shaxx told me "Tell them to line up faster!" Lmao

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Solid as hell connections in Crucible which is unexpected. Maybe it's their side doing more of the computing like they announced, one third less fools in matches, or they turned off the map loader today and are worrying about bushes tomorrow, but this is quite enjoyable. Lots of fun.

Crucible maps are, well, Idk yet, but I'm navigating them p.easily. Size feels appropriate. More game types really needed to accurately judge but no deal breakers by any stretch.

I had doubts but this is quelling them in its limited capacity to do so. Time will tell but this could be a winner, bois :)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Auto rifles seem really good in crucible. Grenade launchers, not so much.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

MithosKuu posted:

I have 4 beta codes to give out for the console beta (sorry PC), first four people to reply with their console and region (americas or europe) gets a code.

I didn't preorder so I'll take one, ps4 USA

E: Thank you!!!

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 18, 2017

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

ReverendDre posted:

I didn't preorder so I'll take one, ps4 USA

Code sent

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Got it. Thanks!

Symphoric fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 18, 2017

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

MithosKuu posted:

American xbone, think I'm going to do a PC pre-order.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

MithosKuu posted:

I preordered PC, but would love a PS4 americas code if any left.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Downloading as we speak! Thanks again!

E: Download was 324mb. Am I in for some 5gb patch when I get home and start it?

ReverendDre fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 18, 2017

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Emron posted:

Auto rifles seem really good in crucible. Grenade launchers, not so much.

I gotta agree, BUT the auto rifle everyone gets is a pretty drat good crucible gun. In live with a lot more weapon variety who knows what will shine.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob

ReverendDre posted:

It downloads the game once you open it. I think it was 11gb?

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

knob posted:

Figured, at least I know to pop home on my break to get that started. Thanks!

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Symphoric posted:

I'll take one for USA PS4 if you still have any, thanks.

Vaah posted:

American xbone, think I'm going to do a PC pre-order.

Enos Cabell posted:

I preordered PC, but would love a PS4 americas code if any left.

Codes sent, let me know if I transcribed them wrong

ReverendDre posted:

Probably

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

knob posted:

13 GB, I believe.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

MithosKuu posted:

Worked for me. Thanks man!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

MithosKuu posted:

Downloading now, thanks again!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
The recharge on abilities is much slower, and I have to say it's a huge improvement. It pretty much limits everybody to one super per game, and sometimes you don't even get that. I suppose if a group has their poo poo together and chains orbs effectively, you might be able to get a second one in, but there's no way in hell you're getting more than that. Also grenade spam is gone, I think on average I got 2 nades per match. And melees have been completely neutered, only effective if you have someone less than 50% health. I'm gonna go ahead and say the PVP feels really good. The focus on gunplay is such a welcome change from what it has been.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The first mission feel amazing. Maybe because we have been looking forward for this so much.

The game have a lot of more effects, and a bit better graphics. Textures may be better, stuff has more details. Or so it feels. The design is not better, but theres more of it.

First time I used a grenade it was woah, this poo poo is amazing. The effects a really improved.

Did not liked much the weapons, but I guess is a effect of playing with stock weapons. The spire is a bit hard for pubbies. PvP is intense.

Looks good.

I did some exploring in nexus, and the design allow to hide thing. There was a cilinder hill, I climbed it, (there was some spiral stairs) and it had a triangular door at the top, exactly like the vault of glass. People is going to try to find secrets everywhere.

This looks like a improved Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
There's another download after the initial one? Ugh what's the point of preloading...