Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
For some reason my Guardian has a very prominent role in that trailer as a Necromancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

So, Path of Fire/Flames or something is the next expansion title then?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Baron Snow posted:

GW2: Prophecies of the Flameseeker

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Calling it now: Scaleless dragon reference =seath the scaleless=dark souls crossover

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I am massively and firmly erect atm

Baron Snow posted:

Yeah sounds right to me, although I prefer "Procurer of Fucks"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Trailer was cool, back to Orr it looks like.

So this gemstore thing is 1200 gems and it goes to your home instance and you tell it to bring you mats. I dunno, I feel like it will take forever to pay for itself unless it brings in a bunch of T6 stuff.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

So this gemstore thing is 1200 gems and it goes to your home instance and you tell it to bring you mats. I dunno, I feel like it will take forever to pay for itself unless it brings in a bunch of T6 stuff.

WHAT IS THIS?!

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

CLAM DOWN posted:

WHAT IS THIS?!

I think it's the Black Lion Hunter's Contract.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
You tell it to hunt for mats of a particular type (i.e. "Claws" or "Bones") and on server reset, you get a mail with a bunch of stuff of that type.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus christ eat the e-rich

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm going to get that node then RP that a poor like frajaq is actually the one fetching my bones for me :mrgw:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Vatek posted:

I think it's the Black Lion Hunter's Contract.

Yeah, here is the link.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I prefer "Procurer of Fucks"

I'm surprised that isn't a rank title in SFD yet.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Wonder if that's meant to be Livia's voice at the end

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Illuyankas posted:

Wonder if that's meant to be Livia's voice at the end

People are saying that it sounds like her, and if we are going to Orr that would make some sense.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Also calling it: new legendary is going to be scepter of orr.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Uber for butter

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I Cantha leave, it's not butter

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Erdricks posted:

Calling it now: Scaleless dragon reference =seath the scaleless=dark souls crossover

This please.

Also, who wants a deadpool over who's path ends this episode. I'm calling Aurene or Marjory.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Sekkira posted:

This please.

Also, who wants a deadpool over who's path ends this episode. I'm calling Aurene or Marjory.

I'm calling Taimi. Mostly because I hate her.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I hate all the "b-iconics" team, so any one of them would do nicely

Oh, except for Canach, he's cool.

Also, waiting for some truly embarassing, fan-fiction level of writing which contradicts the human Gods lore from GW1 every way possible

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Erdricks posted:

Also calling it: new legendary is going to be scepter of orr.

Yay another Staff legendary! I am guessing a new Horn legendary because undead and the only class that uses horns are necros.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I have had a theory that Braham is gonna go murder Aurene for some retarded reason, honour, or justice or some bullshit. I don't mind if Aurene has to die to murderise Braham in revenge or if we have to murderise him to prevent that.

Basically if we got to murderise Braham, that would be cool.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Crimsonbeak posted:

Yay another Staff legendary! I am guessing a new Horn legendary because undead and the only class that uses horns are necros.

You misspelled tempest.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My read on One Path Ends is that we're changing story focus. Instead of killing dragons, we're killing gods.

Braham as the Magneto (except trying to kill dragons) to the Pact Commander's Xavier (trying to save the dragons) would be pretty cool.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Also calling it:

Balthazar dies, Taimi throws herself in the void to "save" everyone, Taimi becomes a god. This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4&t=135s

But with Taimi.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Instant adoration if they do this and poo poo all over Nightfall (even though I actually never had a problem with Kormir)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Go RV! posted:

My read on One Path Ends is that we're changing story focus. Instead of killing dragons, we're killing gods.

Holy gently caress if next expansion we are able to kill Kormir :pray:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Go RV! posted:

Braham as the Magneto (except trying to kill dragons) to the Pact Commander's Xavier (trying to save the dragons) would be pretty cool.

I can see this happening.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Literally shitpostin' right now but thought I'd point out those titan-lookin' things before I flush.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Go RV! posted:

I got a strong feeling we're going to be feeding dragon essence to Aurene for each one we "down" like some kind of MMO plot tamagachi. Glint's circuit breaker for magic overload.

Sounded like Queen Femshep will be making a pact with the undead, and we'll get playable zombies before Tengu.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

My Gimmick Name posted:

I got a strong feeling we're going to be feeding dragon essence to Aurene for each one we "down" like some kind of MMO plot tamagachi. Glint's circuit breaker for magic overload.

Sounded like Queen Femshep will be making a pact with the undead, and we'll get playable zombies before Tengu.

playable undead raised by palawa joko i could see.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Trebuchet King posted:

playable undead raised by palawa joko i could see.

I find it extremely unlikely that Anet would reskin something and release it as new content.

Eltoasto posted:

I dunno, I feel like it will take forever to pay for itself unless it brings in a bunch of T6 stuff.

This has always been the case with gem store stuff but here we are in twenty seventeen.

Edit: I meant more so that we're 5 years in with no end in sight.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 19, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
If it makes a chore-like task more convenient, it already paid for itself.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

I feel a sense of completion!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

I feel a sense of completion!

Congrats.

On that note, what are you spending your laurels on? I think I have ~1,000.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

ItBurns posted:

Congrats.

On that note, what are you spending your laurels on? I think I have ~1,000.

T6 mats, usually.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Also calling it:

Balthazar dies, Taimi throws herself in the void to "save" everyone, Taimi becomes a god. This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmkAoLC6_4&t=135s

But with Taimi.

she could be a deity of temporal stuff

or

you know

a taim god

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I know it won't happen, but some tiny sliver of me hopes for playable margonites because I always loved their design. Plus, their god has been dead for ages, if any of them are still around, they've had a lot of time to do some soul searching (and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 19, 2017

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Magres posted:

she could be a deity of temporal stuff

or

you know

a taim god

Why can't the 14th Doctor be an anime rat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Obligatum VII posted:

I know it won't happen, but some tiny sliver of me hopes for playable margonites because I always loved their design. Plus, their god has been dead for ages, if any of them are still around, they've had a lot of time to do some osul searching (and would be totally on board for killing all the human gods).

the margonites were such a well done design that it basically pushes the chance of that to 0% based on that alone

• Locked thread