Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Proposing that we extend Made in Al-Andalus into the new session, it's maximum production time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Forget Castile for a second guys, we did it :getin:

Not sure if we should attack Morocco right now, depends on their other allies and the state of the french army.

I actuallythink we should conquer the rest of Mexico.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

These are glorious days for Al-Andalus, but they could be improved, no? Castille's continued existence is a national embarrassment, one that must be corrected, so I propose Annex Castille Act. It is self-explanatory.

Edit-Withdrawn in favor of Rodyle's more expansive proposal.

Lord Cyrahzax fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 19, 2017

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Proposing the Colonial Loyalty and Security Act
- Attack the realm of Tlapanec with the intent of seizing the entire Yucatán Peninsula.
- If it's possible to take even more, the Sultan is free to take any land he wishes, as long as the above point is fullfiled.
- Spend monarch points to develop our colony of Ibriz, with the intent of lowering Liberty Desire below 25%

Any ideas for ammendments, Taifas?

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 18, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Patter Song posted:

1630 World Map please?

I like England reduced to nothing but Canterbury and just going "gently caress this."

Here you go:

Also added to the update.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hey Hashim, what is the grey OPM in northern Mexico? And is the green below that a Celt colony?

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Frionnel posted:

Proposing the Colonial Loyalty and Security Act
- Attack the realm of Tlapanec with the intent of seizing the entire Yucatán Peninsula.
- If it's possible to take even more, the Sultan is free to take any land he wishes, as long as the above point is fullfiled.
- Spend monarch points to develop our colony of Ibriz, with the intent of lowering Liberty Desire below 25%

Any ideas for ammendments, Taifas?

I can get behind this.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Rodyle posted:

I suppose our new toes across the line and the existence of Castile don't hurt the centuries long dream of pretty borders MUCH. We did it people, our borders are, in practical terms, secure!

Beyond the mop up and border enforcement, I believe our next concerns should be soothing all ruffled feathers in the colonies and finding a way to take Moroccon holdings both along the straits and in the Caribbean.

Agreed... except I want a religious map and to find out which parts of our territories still contain heretic Muslims and unenlightened Christians. We will never be safe until everyone within our borders follows the one true faith of Sunni Islam.

Hashim, can you please show us how far away is our country from Allah and which areas are currently protected from conversion?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

The Chickasaw are also looking awfully fragile, what do you guys think of an ammendment declaring war on them too?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Frionnel posted:

Hey Hashim, what is the grey OPM in northern Mexico? And is the green below that a Celt colony?

That grey is... North Sea Kingdom, apparently. The green below it isn't the Celtic Empire though, it's the remnants of the Aztecs.

Snipee posted:

Hashim, can you please show us how far away is our country from Allah and which areas are currently protected from conversion?

Sure, here you go:

The two Catholic blobs are the Castilians and Portuguese, so they're still protected, as is Labourd (the former French province). Everything in former Aragon/Catalonia is still fine though.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Shia have almost reached Cadiz, I think they are our most pressing religious issue.

Unless we want to declare ourselves the Shia caliph? Could we convert and do that?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hashim posted:

That grey is... North Sea Kingdom, apparently. The green below it isn't the Celtic Empire though, it's the remnants of the Aztecs.

Huh. :crossarms: Are they allied to anyone important? Well, i guess it's not a pressing concern really.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 18, 2017

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Frionnel posted:

The Chickasaw are also looking awfully fragile, what do you guys think of an ammendment declaring war on them too?

I'd be in favor of that. The Celts are getting pretty close, and I'd like for them to not cut off our expansion into the interior.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

^^^ Right, that's my reasoning too. So i'm going to formally ammend it.

Colonial Loyalty and Security Act
- The Sultan is also to attack the Chickasaw, with the goal of taking as much land as possible.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Crazycryodude posted:

Proposing that we extend Made in Al-Andalus into the new session, it's maximum production time.

Dansar Rabb al'Ustul concurs

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I, Ralepozozaxe, THe Dalai Ullama, propose the Knowledge is Half the Battle Act
-Convert Navarra, then convert whatever is left in Aragon and corsica, pretty much everyone but our Dhimmi.
-Build a mosque in Navarra, if one is not already built.
-Give the Navarra province to the Ulema.
-Save a building spot, or bring up the development to allow a new one, doing so to put a University there when they become available.

Navarra is where the Printing Press spawned, which gives us +10% insitution spread. With this we can spread knowledge and the good word to all of the People of Al-andalus!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Frionnel posted:

- The Sultan is also to attack the Chickasaw, with the goal of taking as much land as possible.

Ignoring our colonies was strategically important, but I understand why they're upset. I support this in an effort to mend our relations with our colonies.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Frionnel posted:

Supporting this. It's time to look back to the New World, with our homeland secure!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Early policies:

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

These are glorious days for Al-Andalus, but they could be improved, no? Castille's continued existence is a national embarrassment, one that must be corrected, so I propose Annex Castille Act. It is self-explanatory.

Lord Cyrahzax.

Frionnel posted:

Frionnel, The Bold Kobold, catlord, Soup du Jour.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose the Knowledge is Half the Battle Act
-Convert Navarra, then convert whatever is left in Aragon and corsica, pretty much everyone but our Dhimmi.
-Save a building spot, or bring up the development to allow a new one, doing so to put a University there when they become available.
Navarra is where the Printing Press spawned, which gives us +10% insitution spread. With this we can spread knowledge and the good word to all of the People of Al-andalus!

Ralepozozaxe.

Crazycryodude posted:

Crazycryodude, Dance Officer.

none yet.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Seconding

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I stand with our four-footed friend.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Crazycryodude posted:

I concour.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Frionnel posted:

Supporting this

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Frionnel posted:

Yeah, now that we've pushed the French north, it's a good time to focus on our colonies for a while. Especially since France did a number on them during the war.

Support.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Sheika Rabab bint Rabab al-Majnun, support this act.

On a different note, what do folks think about eventually allying with New England? They're not a priority now, but they might be a useful ally against Celtic expansion in the future.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Quick question Hashim. Is it possible to convert Navarra to Andalusian culture, or does it still have that modifier that won't let you. Cause if we can, I'd like to add that we culture convert it to my act.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Quick question Hashim. Is it possible to convert Navarra to Andalusian culture, or does it still have that modifier that won't let you. Cause if we can, I'd like to add that we culture convert it to my act.

You can't culture convert provinces that aren't state religion. Navarre is protestant and Dhimmi, so it can't be converted.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Normally i'm more of a follower than a leader, but with the Loyalists falling on harder and harder times, someone has to step up.

I propose the Final Leap Act
-With the goal of making Al-Andalus the sole power of Iberia,
-Invade Castille with the intention of forcing vassalization
-Use diplomats, gifts, "influence nation", and advisors to prevent the formation of a coalition on success of the war
-If despite the best efforts of the Sultan a dangerous coalition would be formed, at his discretion he can instead take monetary and minor land concessions

Let me know if these instructions are too specific.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The Shia have almost reached Cadiz, I think they are our most pressing religious issue.

Unless we want to declare ourselves the Shia caliph? Could we convert and do that?

And here I thought you a devout man. Nothing but a warmongering heretic.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I back my esteemed and learned colleague. Let us usher in a new golden age of Islamic learning!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Dance Officer posted:

You can't culture convert provinces that aren't state religion. Navarre is protestant and Dhimmi, so it can't be converted.

I think Navarra is Navarran culture, and the culture conversion would happen after it was converted.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
Uuuh, did Italy just swoop in and eat the Papacy?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Looking at the world map, Waono is really turning into a force to be reckoned with in the New World. Also, we may want to think about selling off our South American colony to Provence. It's not doing much for us and would probably make them pretty happy.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Ralepozozaxe posted:

:same:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Does this include converting the Shia? If not, would you allow an amendment emphasizing that we are converting the Shia as well as the Christians outside of the protected areas?'

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I think Navarra is Navarran culture, and the culture conversion would happen after it was converted.

Okay sorry I thought all the former French territories were made Dhimmi. I also understand you want to convert Navarre for spread modifier, because it's where printing press spawned? This spread modifier is bound to the province its in though, and as it's where printing press spawned, Navarre automatically has it. The spread modifier is useless.

Also, thing to note about Universities; they don't take a building slot. So that part of your proposal is moot as well.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
https://lpix.org/2791686/Ulama2.png

I, Slaan al-Andalusi propose the New World, New Souls Act

1. The crown is to build mosques in our New World colonies
2. The crown will prioritize converting New World provinces to the faith of Allah
3. The crown will use military force to claim pagan territory for Allah if necessary or the opportunity arises, so that the souls of the local people can be saved

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Frionnel posted:

I support this!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Southern Design

1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as well as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 19, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Withdrawing my proposal in favor of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

As an aside, though not a formal proposal, I think in further conflicts with France we should refrain from taking their land directly. If we end up in a defensive war, we should focus on ripping off bits of the south for Provence, taking colonial holdings, forcing them to release places like Brittany, and giving off their eastern holdings to the various random German states. We don't really need our foot any further in the door than we already have it.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 19, 2017