Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Grayjoy and Grayworm going to scissor their dickstumps together, calling it now.

Immunity to fire for some, chinese finger traps for others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I hope the Dany and Jon sex scene is super explicit and out of place

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Remember when they had Jaime rape Cercei at Joffrey's wake but they didnt mean it to read that way and were legit suprised that to the vast audience of non holywood sex weirds it did indeed come off as rape?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

It was highly rapey.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

this loving gay show, why is everyone wearing ugly rear end cosplay leather suits designed by deviatnart? what is going on with euron, why is he so cringeworthy? his entire dumb plot was to show up at king's landing, tell cercei that he wants to fingerbang her and then bumble off again. and who the gently caress designed his costume? it's horrendous. Also, none of the loving plot made one lick of sense, but that's nothing new so who gives a poo poo :orb:

yeah, gently caress this show, I'm waiting for the books to get a real conclusion to the story lmao

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Was this Ed Sheen guy accused of rape? Because people are, like, really upset with him for some reason. Unreasonably upset.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People seem to be upset at him being in the show and it very obviously being him, as well as his acting, as if acting is something this show cares about any more

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People take TV very seriously when they have nothing else going on in their lives

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

yeah, gently caress this show, I'm waiting for the books to get a real conclusion to the story lmao

dehumanize yourself and face to television.

because lol forever if you are waiting for a 68 year old, 350 pound, 5'6" man who writes ridiculously giant volumes at a glacial pace to finish two more books.

iirc he also said he's specifically said he's deliberately trying to stop anyone from finishing the story posthumously too.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lol, I just googled Ed Sheeran and I though this was supposed to be potato kid and that they simply forgot that they killed him off last season

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to television.

because lol forever if you are waiting for a 68 year old, 350 pound, 5'6" man who writes ridiculously giant volumes at a glacial pace to finish two more books.

iirc he also said he's specifically said he's deliberately trying to stop anyone from finishing the story posthumously too.

You better not drag GRUM's good name through the mud, he's gonna get his poo poo together and finish the series and then write a good script for the Deadwood movie

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Wouldn't the Faceless Men send someone after Arya ? Books/show made them appear like this mythical org. that was super expensive because they were super efficient. Seems they only have 2 members actually. A dude and a blonde girl.

I don't know why more people didn't try to pull the Arya trick and just train with them and then gently caress off. Screw your Many-faced God

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gotta agree. The new black outfits all look really bad.

Jamie had a nice kit for a while. Now that black thing just looks bad. As do the Dany-ites.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Actually, it is the reverse. He has let a couple people know the main plot points for the rest of the series so that they can finish when he dies.

Notice I said when?

That's the joke. he's gonna die.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Actually, it is the reverse. He has let a couple people know the main plot points for the rest of the series so that they can finish when he dies.

Notice I said when?

That's the joke. he's gonna die.

Valar morghoulis.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Valar corpulent.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Remember when they had Jaime rape Cercei at Joffrey's wake but they didnt mean it to read that way and were legit suprised that to the vast audience of non holywood sex weirds it did indeed come off as rape?

haha what? that was rape. how do we know they didn't mean that? that seems pretty crazy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

haha what? that was rape. how do we know they didn't mean that? that seems pretty crazy.

quote:

Wikia: Game of Thrones Fan App

FREE - In Google Play

Install

in: Game of Thrones Wiki 

Breaker of Chains/Jaime-Cersei sex scene

Table of Contents

This is a sub-page branching off from the "Notes" section of the main article for the third episode of Season 4, "Breaker of Chains". See also main article on "Rape in Game of Thrones"."We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste. We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent, careless mistake. We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production."[1]--A press release made by HBO, apologizing profusely when they learned that the Season 1 finale of Game of Thrones inadvertently included a shot of a prop head of President George W. Bush impaled on a spike.

Freeze-frame clearly reveals that Lena Headey is embracing the back of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's head to lean in for a kiss - indicating the actors were never instructed to play it as a non-consensual rape scene. This was hidden by unusual camerawork and editing.

Multiple reviewers and websites were very confused and upset by the sex scene between Jaime Lannister and Cersei Lannister in the Great Sept of Baelor (in front of their own son's corpse) in the third episode of Season 4, "Breaker of Chains" - saying that it was apparently portraying Jaime raping Cersei. This allegation/interpretation was near-universal – not simply "on messageboards" but in every measurable manner, as a reaction seen on almost every major critic or review website. These ranged from io9 and the A.V. club,[2][3], to the front page of Yahoo News,[4], Entertainment Weeklyand Time magazine,[5][6], and even the front page of The New York Times itself.[7]

What made this all the more baffling is that the sexual encounter between Jaime and Cersei in this scene in the books is presented as consensual.

TV-first viewers were offended, while book-first readers didn't understand why the TV show was, apparently, changing it into a rape scene – particularly because it simply didn't fit with Jaime's overall storyarc of redemption and trying to be a better person after losing his sword-hand. Moreover, Jaime in particular is a character who as a result of his backstory is horrified by rape: at King Aerys II Targaryen's court, he was forced to stand guard outside the doors as the Mad King raped his wife Queen Rhaella; later on and in the show itself, he saves Brienne of Tarthfrom being raped by Locke's men even though she was his captor and he could easily have just let it happen.

The TV writers were slow to respond to such massive outcry, and what few statements they did make were very vague, leaving reviewers and critics even more confused and to draw their own conclusions. As the premiere of Season 5 neared, it became obvious that the implication that Jaime was raping Cersei was never intended by the writers, not in the script, and was the result of unusual camerawork and editing. Both the actors and director have publicly stated that they were never told this was intended as a rape scene nor did they play it as such. This is confirmed by closer freeze-frame analysis of the footage. Even George R.R. Martin wasn't informed that the scriptwriters ever intended such a massive change.

It is unknown why HBO did not simply re-edit and re-release the episode as soon as possible, as has been done in the past in Season 1. Apparently, one of two scenarios occurred: the first is that Benioff and Weiss were embarrassed by the bad editing, and somehow felt it was more embarrassing to admit the mistake happened on their watch, than to simply pretend that it was a controversial artistic choice they made on purpose - then they avoided making any further comment on the controversy, just hoping that with the passage of time it would fade from public memory without the need to give a clear answer. The second scenario is that Benioff and Weiss simply became honestly frightened that anything they said in response, i.e. "we never intended it as a rape scene", would be taken out of context and they would be accused of rape denial - in which case, apparently it didn't occur to them that while merely saying an explanation was no longer sufficient, re-editing and re-releasing the episode was still an option. Many critics were outright more upset and bewildered that the episode was not re-edited and re-released, and few if any said that re-editing it would be rape denial.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It wasn't rape. It was incest. it can be both

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Lol It wasn't rape

What it was was surprisingly understandable given their immensely hosed up dynamic, which was well established through similar scenes between them previously in the show of their weird cycles of tension. Its not healthy, but its not rape, and its also not easy to explain why to goons bc they don't pay enough attention to the poo poo they claim to watch to have picked up on the characterization. Tumblrina types might have picked up on it but they stop caring about poo poo like that when something makes them uncomfortable

The actors and writers have always done a good job portraying that toxic rear end relationship w Jaime and Cersei, like to the point where the incest part is way down the list of the tense uncomfortable spectacle. But yeah they should prolly have expected viewers of all types to walk away with the dumbest reading possible

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 18, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

It's only incest because a woman's body is a man's property.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

Lol It wasn't rape

What it was was surprisingly understandable given their immensely hosed up dynamic, which was well established through similar scenes between them previously in the show of their weird cycles of tension. Its not healthy, but its not rape, and its also not easy to explain why to goons bc they don't pay enough attention to the poo poo they claim to watch to have picked up on the characterization. Tumblrina types might have picked up on it but they stop caring about poo poo like that when something makes them uncomfortable

The actors and writers have always done a good job portraying that toxic rear end relationship w Jaime and Cersei, like to the point where the incest part is way down the list of the tense uncomfortable spectacle. But yeah they should prolly have expected viewers of all types to walk away with the dumbest reading possible

In the books it wasn't. Doesn't she say "No" or "don't" on the show ? No consent = Rape

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What difference does it make really

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jamie raped Cersei.
Ramsay hosed Sansa.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Jamie raped Cersei.
Ramsay hosed Sansa.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Well, Sansa was married so it's different

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Decebal posted:

:smugdon: : you can’t rape your wife

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is making me not want to see the last two books anymore

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

this is making me not want to see the last two books anymore

i have good news for you

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Decebal posted:

:can:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can someone post the jaime rape scene because I missed it

also i've only ever seen it mentioned by goons

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Zzulu posted:

s4e3 breaker of chans

enjoy, you sex weird

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It's pretty tame not like the scene from irreversible

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

Gotta agree. The new black outfits all look really bad.

Jamie had a nice kit for a while. Now that black thing just looks bad. As do the Dany-ites.

My guess would be that they're trying to show that winter is coming by having everyone in heavier clothes, but yeah everyone being in black leather looks like poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cersei in black made sense. But putting everyone else in black lessens the impact of her evil queen clothes. Arya in a black jump suit would work, though.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I wish they would show the granaries where you store 8 years worth of cereal. Wintefell looks big but not that big. Unless they unload the carts straight down the steps into the Stark crypt. So much wasted space there

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zzulu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPUGhe2lnM&t=74s

it's a pretty unambiguous rape scene, I don't think there is any other way to interpret it.

the people in charge of GoT now are genuine dimwits. the less you know about the poo poo going on behind the scenes the better, it's a disaster.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

In random order!

Arya and Sansa kill Littlefinger
Jon and Dany have sex
One of Dany's dragons die and becomes an ice dragon
The Others knock down the wall to invade the south
Cersei joins the fight against the Others, but then tells Jaime she's really just gonna let the Others kill everyone in the North so she can still be queen of the seven kingdoms
Sam and Gilly figure out Jon is really a secret Targ (so Jon banged his Aunt)
Dany's fleet destroyed by Euron and he kills a few of the titty snakes.
Olenna kills her are self because Jaime kills all her armies
Arya sees a wolf and decides to go to her family in Winterfell
Ed Shereen joins the fight against darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

Lol It wasn't rape

SoUrCe YoUr QuOtEs