Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its simple all you need is a robot that can draw a circle and inside it write the thing they like(trump, guns, loud fast cars) or that they hate (gays, fair pay, poors) and then label it on top good or bad accordingly.
I surmise we can replace all political comics with this tech by 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

loquacius posted:

Might As Well Not Pay Workers Anything At All Then, Agree Republicans

Well... yes. That's just fact.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I could not find an automatically generated political cartoons, but I found this thing to remind us just how hard unions had to fight:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:bahgawd: "If only there was some kind of solution to the Palestinian problem... One that would end this sort of violence once and for all!"

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Branco, please. The chicken's got work in the morning.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:fuckoff:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

BarbarianElephant posted:

Those things already exist. I went into a new McDonalds that had those big touchscreens to order a while back. Worked well. I can't imagine they will have the old system for much longer, unless minimum wage goes down to something like $1 an hour. There were still humans giving you the food and making the food, and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Most people hate those things and refuse to use them. Turns out a lot of people like interacting with a person.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Most people hate those things and refuse to use them. Turns out a lot of people like interacting with a person.

Same reason I refuse to use those self checkout lines. I like the socializing. Plus I also am apparently really old and can't use them right.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Fast food restaurants roll out touch screen interfaces every once in a while, but they don't tend to last. Part of this is that a lot of people prefer the human interaction when placing an order, but the other half is that the people who don't prefer human interaction prefer pre-ordering via app rather than waiting until you're in the building. I'm sure that as culture and technology shifts eventually they'll hit a time when robots are a viable way of placing orders, but that hasn't happened yet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Randomly stumbled upon this:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Kaza42 posted:

Fast food restaurants roll out touch screen interfaces every once in a while, but they don't tend to last. Part of this is that a lot of people prefer the human interaction when placing an order, but the other half is that the people who don't prefer human interaction prefer pre-ordering via app rather than waiting until you're in the building. I'm sure that as culture and technology shifts eventually they'll hit a time when robots are a viable way of placing orders, but that hasn't happened yet

This was the only means of ordering as far as I could see. Plenty of customers. This was not in the USA.

It wasn't nearly as annoying as automated supermarket checkouts, because it doesn't take long to press the "Big mac and fries" button compared to scanning 57 items and manually weighing your vegetables.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Its simple all you need is a robot that can draw a circle and inside it write the thing they like(trump, guns, loud fast cars) or that they hate (gays, fair pay, poors) and then label it on top good or bad accordingly.
I surmise we can replace all political comics with this tech by 2020.

The thing already exist for motivational posters:

http://inspirobot.me/

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tei posted:

The message is clear: Don't ask for a fair share of the wealth of the nation, plebs, or we will replace you with robots.

But this time is delivered by a cartooonist that either has internalized the fascism corporation messages, or he himself is profiting from the exploitation of other people and want that to continue.

No cartoonist enjoys the profits of the donor class. They just eat lovely fast food and look down on everyone that serves it to them. America is a country of self hating poor.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Theyll never replace fast food with machines unless they can simulate emotional breakage that way olds can still come in and yell at them and watch the hope die in McD17397

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It really annoys me that people will yet at the unemployed to do any work and then in the next breath mock anyone in the service industry.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The new MCD s terminals are pretty good actually from a usability standpoint. I think it helps that they're kinda structured like giant cell phones. There's a busy 24 hr one by my work and I'd say half the lunch rush uses it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Internet Kraken posted:

It really annoys me that people will yet at the unemployed to do any work and then in the next breath mock anyone in the service industry.

...and then in the breath after that celebrate the looming automation of the service sector.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Voyager I posted:

...and then in the breath after that celebrate the looming automation of the service sector.

And then complain about how there is no one for them to yell at to make sure they understand what they're doing with these new contraptions. Why did they have to change it, I liked the old way better!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I suspect that if Trump were to be imprisoned his job performance approval would rise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Jedit posted:

I suspect that if Trump were to be imprisoned his job performance approval would rise.

Of the people that hate him and are glad he's in prison or of Trumpites that now say he's just the best felon ever. No one wears orange like him?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Jedit posted:

He'd be finally taking down corrupt politicians, after all.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Election day really did break Bennett. That's a pretty bleak cartoon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Pretty accurate IMO.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Straight to the spank credit union.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on round two of Brexit talks – Theresa May is to order her ministers to stop leaking details of cabinet discussions following days of infighting over Brexit policy and anonymous briefings against ministers, particularly targeting Philip Hammond"

Telegraph:

George A Romero obituary

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on ... Doctor Who

'It was a painful operation, lads. But as president of the "UK Doctor Who Fanatics Society", I thought it was the right thing to do'

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
And now the 'just loving repeal Obamacare' bill is dead because Murkowski, Capito and Collins all told the GOP to go gently caress themselves because they wouldn't let women into the working group to draft any of the bills.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Mail:
Mac on ... Doctor Who

'It was a painful operation, lads. But as president of the "UK Doctor Who Fanatics Society", I thought it was the right thing to do'

Jesus Christ, MAC.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on ... Doctor Who

It says a lot about the social circles I run in that I'm pretty sure this is the first actual unironic opinion I have seen or heard against the new Doctor Who casting

(and it sure isn't because I don't know any nerds)

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

loquacius posted:

It says a lot about the social circles I run in that I'm pretty sure this is the first actual unironic opinion I have seen or heard against the new Doctor Who casting

(and it sure isn't because I don't know any nerds)

I don't think it takes a stance on if the casting is good or bad.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Phuzzy posted:

And now the 'just loving repeal Obamacare' bill is dead because Murkowski, Capito and Collins all told the GOP to go gently caress themselves because they wouldn't let women into the working group to draft any of the bills.

Wait, what the hell. How did they try to dress it up if at all?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

xthetenth posted:

Wait, what the hell. How did they try to dress it up if at all?

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins/status/887342935179759616

https://twitter.com/lisamurkowski/status/887359907657392131

https://twitter.com/SenCapito/status/887319867208204292

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The "they wouldn't let women into the working group to draft any of the bills" part, genius.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Xander77 posted:

The "they wouldn't let women into the working group to draft any of the bills" part, genius.

:downsgun:

Yes, I got that right after I hit post but decided oh well.

Anyway no, Turtleman didn't try to dress it up at all. Basically "I didn't exclude women, there just don't happen to be any women in the drafting group."

quote:

"Nobody’s being excluded based on gender," McConnell said, pointing to an hour-long lunch of Senate Republicans on Tuesday where health care was the main topic of discussion. "What you should write - we’re having a discussion about the real issues. Everybody's at the table. Everybody."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

"Trump, Made in America"

‘All hat and no cattle’ is an old expression often applied to someone who is full of hot air. Such a person may loudly brag (big hat), but lacks accomplishments (cattle) to back up the braggadocio. In the case of president Trump, he was given a gift of a custom-made cowboy hat called “El Presidente.” The hat fits and he’s wearing it because he has already accomplished a great deal only six months into his administration. A pipeline deal, appointing a Supreme Court justice, bringing jobs back to America and better trade deals starting with the cancelation of TPP. He pulled out of the Paris Accord because it wasn’t in America’s best interest. He has humiliated the Deep State fake news media—particularly CNN. He’s an ‘America First’ president, and that’s refreshing.

More progress needs to be made. Plans for the wall are underway, but we also need to end Obama care. Not modify it or replace it, but rather get rid of government interference in health care altogether. Let people again choose (or not choose) to buy their own insurance. Returning health care to the free market and private sector is the only way to open up competition and drive down prices.

A lot of work remains when it comes to draining the swamp. The Deep State needs to be uprooted. The CIA has way too much power. Break them up. Eliminate the NSA. Remove the pedophiles and satanists from power. Audit and end the Federal Reserve. End the income tax and IRS tyranny.

Oh—and don’t forget Hillary. LOCK HER UP!

—Ben Garrison

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

This is the perfect day to go with "Trump has just accomplished so much, you guys!" :allears:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Cows are happy to be led to their slaughter, just like Trump's rubes who happily swallow all of his bullshit without question. AGC.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Trump ought to have a ranch full of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Cows are happy to be led to their slaughter, just like Trump's rubes who happily swallow all of his bullshit without question. AGC.

Americans will soon be feasting on the flesh of Jobs, Better Trade Deals, and SCOTUS.

• Locked thread