Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Yeah, so, playing online multiplayer anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

HyperPuma posted:

why? the meat of the game is online multiplayer

The game runs pretty well on public WiFi

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HyperPuma posted:

why? the meat of the game is online multiplayer

Tethering with an unlimited data plan.:smug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm torn between smashing out Splatoon 2 single-player mode once it's out, or heading straight into multiplayer and getting my roller on

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Infinitum posted:

I'm torn between smashing out Splatoon 2 single-player mode once it's out, or heading straight into multiplayer and getting my roller on
u bitch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

I'm going to focus on the single player first. I like how in the first game it effected the hub with the great zapfish hanging out there and you also got a lot of great unlocks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Reviews are going to be weird given that the app doesn't launch until the same day as the game.

So far the matchmaking seems janky as gently caress from what I read. Once you're in you can't back out until the round starts or the timer runs out.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
In the real game is there a way to change your loadout without backing all the way out of matchmaking?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can run music in a browser

In 1996 maybe. This isn't the geocities era anymore grampa. :rolleyes:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

enojy posted:

I refuse to google any of this because I legitimately believe that google is attempting to dominate everyone's souls within the next 20 years.

it's true, you should give in to the big G

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imagined posted:

In the real game is there a way to change your loadout without backing all the way out of matchmaking?

choose quit to go back to the lobby page (not all the way out to the square) then hit +

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

choose quit to go back to the lobby page (not all the way out to the square) then hit +

So no. You know, I could be wrong, but I think every multiplayer game I've ever played that had loadouts let you change it around until the second you spawn.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

So no. You know, I could be wrong, but I think every multiplayer game I've ever played that had loadouts let you change it around until the second you spawn.

Yeah, that's one annoying thing they didn't change from 1. Strangely enough you actually can change loadouts between games if you're with friends. Hopefully they make it so anyone can change in lobbies.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Beastie posted:

Reviews are going to be weird given that the app doesn't launch until the same day as the game.

So far the matchmaking seems janky as gently caress from what I read. Once you're in you can't back out until the round starts or the timer runs out.

If not letting people leave in the middle of a three minute round is janky I really like janky

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Infinitum posted:

The previews said the SP forces you to try each weapon type so I'll be doing that first

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

At least the single-player impressions of Splatoon 2 seem pretty good? I think one article said it had Dark Souls-like bosses

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imagined posted:

eh, never played splat 1 but considering getting back into matchmaking is just a few button presses away it didn't really feel terrible in the pre splatfest.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

At least the single-player impressions of Splatoon 2 seem pretty good? I think one article said it had Dark Souls-like bosses

Most reviewers do seem to enjoy the single player a fair bit (though it seems fairly short, so the game is likely a poor buy for that purpose alone), but then reviews seem fairly thoroughly positive (though not raving on account of it not being a huge departure from the original) so far.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think one article said it had Dark Souls-like bosses

:lol:

Do game reviews have to say that about any challenge they don't beat on the first try now?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So Splatoon 2 has 35 weapons in the final code. Including the DLC weapons that have already been shown off.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

In 1996 maybe. This isn't the geocities era anymore grampa. :rolleyes:

The real question is if splatoon will have better netplay than Call of Duty.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anidav posted:

So Splatoon 2 has 35 weapons in the final code. Including the DLC weapons that have already been shown off.

how many were in the first one?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Who's ready for lovely HACKY SACK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVSlDACWsM

That not get the juices flowin'?

Den hows aboots TOTALLY NOT STOLEN SPELUNKY ASSETS: THE GAME?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yjxBDFLH88
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm tired of the retraux aesthetic.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TFRazorsaw posted:

how many were in the first one?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

huh. I wonder why the new one is so low.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TFRazorsaw posted:

huh. I wonder why the new one is so low.

How many did 1 start off with?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Slightly more than 35 but I think most of Splatoon 1s weapons were just reskins with different stats whereas this time the reskins appear to have different properties and such. So maybe the lower weapon count is justified?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just driving by to lol at the horde mode being local only. why cant nintendo exist in reality.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Endorph posted:

just driving by to lol at the horde mode being local only. why cant nintendo exist in reality.

you can play online for real during specific timeframes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But that's wrong. You can do Salmon Run locally at any time but you can only do Salmon Run online during high tide.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

local salmon runs also don't unlock loot apparently

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Seems like a decent way to maintain good Salmon Run queues during specific time frames without punishing four dudes who get together at a bar to splat salmon.

e: local salmon runs don't unlock loot? wtf

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nintendo doesn't want that one neckbeard with 4 switchs to play salmon run with himself and unlock all the dope loot from the comfort of his own toilet.

No, Jimmy Gamer must wipe the crumbs off his router, connect online and unfortunately play with other humans to unlock loot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Anidav posted:

Nintendo doesn't want that one neckbeard with 4 switchs to play salmon run with himself and unlock all the dope loot from the comfort of his own toilet.

No, Jimmy Gamer must wipe the crumbs off his router, connect online and unfortunately play with other humans to unlock loot.

what

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anidav posted:

please do not insult me in this thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anidav posted:

That doesn't make any sense

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Overwatch restricted its PvE mode to events and that's apparently just fine with everyone.

But no, this is definitely a game balance thing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Anidav posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this post is trying to say.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Anidav posted:

Plz don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Speaking of pve, did they ever manage to make the overwatch mode fun

• Locked thread