Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

MysteriousStranger posted:

How in the gently caress! Ugh, I feel stupid for being honest on those forms now. /jk

But seriously, how! Clearances aren't jokes.
uh, important/rich people get lots of consideration in the us of a? you thought clearances would be an exception?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

How in the gently caress! Ugh, I feel stupid for being honest on those forms now. /jk

But seriously, how! Clearances aren't jokes.

everything is a joke now, might wanna start getting used to it

Kushner had an aide in his office in New York fill out the form, known as an SF-86, and on January 18th it was forwarded to officials in Trump’s Washington transition office who, believing it was completed, submitted it to the F.B.I., which reviews applications for security clearances.

“It had many errors on it,” the source close to Kushner said. His weight was incorrect. The years he received his graduate degrees were wrong. (He has a law degree and an M.B.A. from N.Y.U.) Some addresses were incorrect.

said he weighed 99 lbs instead of the correct 98

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Tom Gorman posted:

this man is literally incapable of walking or standing still like a loving human being

He walks with the crushing knowledge that his fat slob of a father in law is tapping his wife

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

less than 10 stone smh

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Nichael posted:

Donald Trump won't make it to the second debate

Dude, come on

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol just lol if you weigh less than 20 stone

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That's kind of a bullshit article because if they get enough legislatures in their corner to start passing constitutional amendments, having Senators appointed by the State will be the least of our worries. This poo poo has a been a conservative wet dream for 60 + years, and the frequent topic of Master Shake/Levin's radio show.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Vice President of the United States is a horsefucker.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

no matter what happens in the next three years, the 2020 election will put the 2016 one to shame

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sometimes I go into the woods and find 20 stones. I pile them up and laugh hahah

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
In the end, the criminal aspect of the Kushner security-clearance scandal will be up to Mueller. As to whether Kushner receives a clearance at all, the F.B.I. will soon issue some sort of report to the White House on the matter. But the F.B.I. doesn’t actually have the final say. Ultimately, decisions on security clearances are left to the head of the agency where the person works. In Kushner’s case, that means the ultimate decision rests with his father-in-law.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Inspector Hound posted:

*running footsteps getting louder*

*door bursts open*

I GUESS TRUMP WASN'T THE FIRST PRESIDENT WITH ASPERGERS

lol

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Nichael posted:

Donny committed the biggest crime in American history.

L

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

F

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup

A

quote:

MR. RUSSERT: And even though the International Atomic Energy Agency said he does not have a nuclear program, we disagree.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I disagree, yes. And you’ll find the CIA, for example, and other key parts of our intelligence community, disagree.

And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr. ElBaradei, frankly, is wrong....[continues lying]

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: Reconstituted nuclear weapons. You misspoke.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yeah. I did misspeak.

O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ive always thought it would be kind of neat to have an apartment at 1000 Grandview in Pittsburgh

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
a lot of the rest of the article is lawyers saying it would be hard to nail kush on the security clearance form thing because they need to show criminal intent beyond incompetence

and if the trump admin has the upper hand on anything, its looking completely incompetent

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Citizen Tayne posted:

A state cop here died on duty and everyone's going apeshit over it. 1500 cops came to his funeral from all over the country and they broke into regular programming to show the procession on TV

He died because he was speeding and slammed his patrol car into the back of a garbage truck

it's like spilling your drink into the sink

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bhodi posted:

uh, important/rich people get lots of consideration in the us of a? you thought clearances would be an exception?

I say this as someone who holds one and has seen plenty of people lose one. He wasn't a general or SEC position. You can get in for reals trouble for messing about with them.

Apr 7, 2003

Atoramos posted:

no matter what happens in the next three years, the 2020 election will put the 2016 one to shame

:thunk:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

what are the odds that this is anything other than senile angry trump trying to Impose His Will on the caucus? or are bookies not even taking bets on this one.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Atoramos posted:

2020 decides who draws the districts. I doubt the dem remember the rear end kicking they got in 2010 and either way dem turnout will be poo poo because all parties are the same vote Jill Stein and leave the rest blank.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nichael posted:

neither did i... :poland:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

I say this as someone who holds one and has seen plenty of people lose one. He wasn't a general or SEC position. You can get in for reals trouble for messing about with them.
he's not line staff so he's right up there with petraeus in terms of immunity for his stupidity

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Nichael posted:

The fact is, you cannot insult your way to the presidency

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/887475373981696000

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

oooOO that struck a nerve!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Press knew!!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

He invited the GOP Senators but, it's the Democrats' fault for not doing something.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

pssh he didn't even hashtag #FakeNews

3,100 likes in 2 minutes is pathetic

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bhodi posted:

he's not line staff so he's right up there with petraeus in terms of immunity for his stupidity

Pretty sure Petraeus got his yanked.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

why the gently caress isn't that gab bot banned yet

Apr 7, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

pssh he didn't even hashtag #FakeNews

3,100 likes in 2 minutes is pathetic

Strong Daddy's children love him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Donald Trump has had a really really lovely past 24 hours and I couldn't be happier.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
it's like rai ee aiiiiin
on your wedding day
a pisssss taaaaaaaape
but you cant hit play

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

[nixonishly] i am not a cuck

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what are the odds that this is anything other than senile angry trump trying to Impose His Will on the caucus? or are bookies not even taking bets on this one.

he's done nothing but talk bullshit every time he has these meetings with GOP senators

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

lol how do you even fix this

They'd have to drill massive holes all around the building and put huge, huge piers in to stabilize it.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Pretty sure Petraeus got his yanked.
noooope

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/in-defense-of-david-petraeus-114238 posted:

Petraeus has maintained his security clearance ever since the investigation began, it reported, and he has been “casually advising the White House on Iraq.”

unless it got yanked recently

e: 2 years later, nope

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/18/could-david-petraeus-rumored-candidate-for-secretary-of-state-get-a-security-clearance/ posted:

It was unclear from his plea deal whether Petraeus kept a Defense Department or CIA security clearance, but he continued to advise the White House on counterterrorism strategy in Iraq — possibly requiring him to have access to classified materials.
he kept it but it'd be bad press to admit it so blatantly so they're being coy

Bhodi has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Jul 19, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

why is sick in quotes

I ask myself, again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol yeah that meeting definitely happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU