Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

The rules do not anticipate what happens if there are no volunteers.

Forced slave labor.

Edit: That sounds redundant. Forced labor? Mandatory service? A draft like the Vietnam war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I have emailed the whole league from my gmail account to request folks report in here and also start collecting dues.

I have now officially spent wasted my money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thank you Zauper and Spermy, received and recorded.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Just sent you money, I am ready and excited for this year except for when I remember who my running backs are gently caress them and gently caress me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received and accounted. Don't worry, this year's draft class had some promising young RBs, right?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Money sent.

I have absolutely no problem with the new guy being a commissioner

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I forgot how good my team did in this league last year before collapsing. can I still poo poo talk about that? 6-0 division record (next best in the league was 4-2), best overall record at 10-3, most PF, most disappointing WRs, second lowest PA.

I'll pay up soon. is there a deadline?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Tyler said he didn't get your email, Leper.

May want to resend?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I sent money anyways. It just got sent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Zack posted:

Money sent.

Got it, thanks!

Stevie Lee posted:

I'll pay up soon. is there a deadline?

Not really, but I'd appreciate getting the money in soonish: there has been a couple of requests to start dropping players, doing trades, etc. earlier this year and nobody can participate in trading until their dues are paid. I'm sure if you need a week or something that's totally fine though!

atomictyler posted:

I sent money anyways. It just got sent.

Got your money, thanks!

I used tyler one eight zero at gee mail, is that incorrect? I see your paypal payment came from a hotmail address instead. I can update my records to use that address if you prefer.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Tyler said that since you are basically his only friend being left off the email list really hurt.

Gmail is better for him. Hotmail is just tied to PayPal since high school.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
are you his errand boy

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ex lover.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Keep up this good work and you can drop the ex.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am looking at the outgoing mail and he was not left off. Whatever failed must be not on my end! I have sent another email to that gee mail address let's see what happens!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Quick check-in. Got the email and should get the money out this weekend. Also the spreadsheet could use a 2017 update. I went there as a quick look to see the amount I owed and saw nothing there for the new league year.

Edit: oh hey draft picks are there either I missed or they just got put up!.......and the budget is there too. WTF I dunno but the first time none of it was there. I must be getting too old or some poo poo.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 21, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah they're there, although there's more tabs than will fit so you may have to scroll to find the one you want. I don't have a 2017 schedule made yet: I actually left myself instructions on how to do it on the 2016 schedule, but it's still very finicky to get just right - everyone has one other team (from one of the two divisions they're not in) that they don't play each year, and that team should get rotated annually on an eight-year cycle. And then I also want to rotate around the three "two week cycles" so that you're not playing the same division rivals on the same two weeks every year.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
will be sending payment in the next day or so

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Unless I missed it I couldn't find any email from you. I checked my spam but didn't see anything

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah dammit I must have been going too quickly when I was adding the tag in gmail, I missed you (and Zauper).

Just re-sent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received funds from Chen Kenichi.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
paid

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received and accounted for, thanks Vecna!

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
np!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Hi hello I have remembered this thing

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hi Bloody, nice to see you!
I currently don't have money from yourself, Teemu, Swarmin Swedes, and Stevie Lee. Unless I missed a payment by someone, so if I did, speak up please!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Do we have a sense of timing on the rookie draft? Probably soon ish? I'm out of town next week, but could still be responsive if necessary.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Last year we waited till quite near the very end of the preseason. I know a lot of dynasty leagues draft in the middle of the summer, but it's certainly my preference to wait until the preseason washouts have washed out, the preseason injuries have happened, and I can avoid wasting important picks.

Ultimately though, it's down to when we can all do a live draft (unless we convert to a slow draft or something). Once everyone has reported in, a top agenda item is to start looking at when folks are going to be available.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
3rd week of preseason or after please.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I can't draft until after August 15

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

All paid

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
If we do the draft on a Sunday afternoon/night I'm free any week as far as I can tell. If we're doing Saturdays then I'm not free at all on the 19th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it and recorded, thanks!

I'm gone august 18-22nd (gonna go camping in Oregon to see the eclipse!).

I'm making a new tab in the spreadsheet for 2017 draft schedule planning. Basically we fill out the table to show what times are free/ideal vs. blocked, and then we try and find a slot that the maximum number of owners can make work. Put your time zone into the Time Zone column and then add the number of hours west of EST you're in. You add that number to the hours you're free, so for example, Chen Kenichi is in Central: so if he's free from 6pm to 11pm on weekdays, he'd add 1 hour to those numbers and put in 7pm to 12am into the weekday slots.

The last preseason games are all on august 31st this year, and the first regular season game is september 7th, so that's the ideal window: but I put in the week prior to that, in case we can't manage that window.

I'm gonna ping Swarmin Swedes and Stevie Lee again, ask them to check in.

e. The ideal days, to my mind, are after the last week 3 preseason games (which are on August 26th) and before September 6th (the last day before the first regular season game). September 4th is Labor Day, which I have off work... that seems like a great day to draft, except, people often make plans for that day. The absolute ideal days, to me, are therefore Saturday September 2nd or Sunday September 3rd.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 28, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'd honestly prefer a weekday. Weekends are family time and usually booked up pretty quick.

Weekday at like 8:30pm or 9pm EST would be 5:30 or 6pm for west-coasters and might work? And this draft will take like 30 minutes, it's quick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, I can generally manage a 5pm pacific draft, if I warn my wife she's not getting a ride home. We should assume more like an hour for the draft, though, because there's always some loving thing that requires a pause and figuring something out with MFL.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The weekend of the the 26th is hard no go for me, but I should be good most of the time after that before the season starts. That first weekend in September looks pretty good to me too, and I'm a little hit or miss on weeknights but I could probably make it work

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've paid my dues

my schedule is a mess this year due to adding a part time job with weekly scheduling to my lovely life. anything after 9:30pm EST would be ideal for me but I understand if that's not preferable.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it!
So, 9:30pm till when exactly, and is that weekends too?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Swarmin Swedes has responded via email and says he's in for the year, so the only one I haven't heard from recently now is Stevie Lee. durp he posted two posts up, you idiot

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Received Stevie Lee and Swarmin Swede's money! Thanks guys.