Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It wasn't a secret private meeting with Putin, it was a blatant private meeting with Putin! Much better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I'm one of the 45,000 Pennsylvania miners Trump just created. Ask Me Anything.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So now that the AHCA, or whatever acronym its been going by now, is dead as gently caress do people like Covok come eat crow and maybe admit that Republican dysfunction is real and not just posturing?

I for one didn't expect McCain's brain to rebel and keep him from knowingly doing the terrible things that disturb him so.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I figured the 14 words thing but wow that altogether is dumb as heck

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

were you die-cast or petri-dished

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

skylined! posted:

or were you individually sculpted from clay by Trump's hands?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

skylined! posted:

I'm a limp-dicked motherfucker born out of a petri-dish at the racism factory.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Ague Proof posted:

How does it feel to live in Trump's imagination? Also do you want some air freshener.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Covok posted:

Buy a gun, buy bottled water and army rations, buy a bucket as a bathroom.

The Peedman Enterprises chili maker is all you need.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Farchanter posted:

or were you individually sculpted from clay by Trump's hands?

Or did he take the form of a swan to seduce your mother?

You know, when you're a swan, they let you do it, you can do anything

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Ague Proof posted:

Where are the other 44,930 of you?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Throwing Turtles posted:

How does it feel to live in Trump's imagination? Also do you want some air freshener.

is your name

jim

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ague Proof posted:

as you are existing uniquely as a creature in the mind of a people so sick of their present situation they would let a walking disaster like this represent them, no matter their own personal beliefs -Eagles or Steelers?

e-

:haw:

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 19, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skeleton warrior posted:

Or did he take the form of a swan to seduce your mother?

You know, when you're a swan, they let you do it, you can do anything

Trump and Zeus really would get along well in the short to medium term.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Ague Proof posted:

Did he make your... equipment as small as his?

By which I means your hands. Are you hands tiny?

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

skylined! posted:

is your name

jim

Not so much

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skylined! posted:

It's also an inconvenient convergence for people who feel strongly about the founding of the Dutch Navy.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Krispy Kareem posted:

It wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t already apparent the DNC really wants to make persisted/resisted a thing. Chelsea isn’t the DNC, but she’s close to their leadership and she apparently thought, “hmmm...this is a topical title”.

At this stage the DNC should look at anything a Clinton likes and run in the other direction.

So let's burn down healthcare and education, gently caress over the environment and worker rights, go to war with Iran and publicly shame the 9/11 first responders.

You are a smart person.

BarbarianElephant posted:

My daughter just got a Frozen comic. The lead story was Elsa getting stressed out over negotiating a trade deal with a neighboring kingdom.

That might be difficult considering she imposed a law restricting commerce between her country and the largest trading hub near her as punishment for their duke attempting to kill her.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/887382768518406144

love too give the democratic party credit for defeating a bill with sub-20% popularity

I really hate this attitude. It just leads to yet more people saying the Democrats are a waste and don't do anything at all to support people. If we didn't have Pelosi and didn't have Schumer being great at their jobs, we'd have seen defections and the bill would have passed.

BarbarianElephant posted:

Democrats need a solution to this or else the entire Supreme Court will be extreme right, and slavery will be legal by 2030.

Maybe leftists should care about the supreme court as much as right wing fascists do.

Ague Proof posted:

We still have no proof that Bannon wasn't being completely literal and truthful when he said this.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump and Zeus really would get along well in the short to medium term.

Overblown, insatiable egos; always after the ladies; both into golden showers; yeah, it fits well

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

mcmagic posted:

And because he's an obese, racist, sexist moron. Just like they are.

But that article takes place in Colorado, which has the United States' lowest obesity rate:

https://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/

I mean, we can make a case that rural Colorado might have a higher obesity rate than Denver, but Coloradans are not, on the whole, obese.

The article also makes a nice narrative about Mesa County, Colorado, and how it is going to Trump because reasons...even though Trump actually lost vote percentage to Romney in Mesa County.

Its another article from someone who has the vague idea that Colorado is probably a lot like Ohio because they are both West of the Hudson River.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Interesting poll I just read some stuff about : https://medium.com/echelon-indicato...al-862b43380095

Want to know the number of people completely given in to partisanism?

Support for the border wall drops 12 points if it has solar panels on it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

Overblown, insatiable egos; always after the ladies; both into golden showers; yeah, it fits well

Don't think any of Trump's sons are heroes, though.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

skeleton warrior posted:

Depends on the Zeus. The DC one would probably have a problem with him taking away women's rights and agency.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

skeleton warrior posted:

So the thing that will at least partially alienate Trump from them is the moment when he takes a Ganymede - which turns out to be one of his sons instead of what we were thinking of all along?

...There's a reason we don't see Barron a lot, isn't there?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ogmius815 posted:

Where are the other 44,930 of you?

Oh, around. In the mines. Mining. Mining coal? Making America Great Again.

KickerOfMice posted:

as you are existing uniquely as a creature in the mind of a people so sick of their present situation they would let a walking disaster like this represent them, no matter their own personal beliefs -Eagles or Steelers

I am just a simple coal miner, who are these "Eagles" or "Steelers"? My only thought is to serve America, donate to Trump's re-election campaign, vote for Trumps then breed beautiful babies who will themselves vote for Trump.

skylined! posted:

is your name

jim

We are all named Jim. Jim Miller.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How much coal can you fit in your anus at once?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
:coal:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ague Proof posted:

Oh, around. In the mines. Mining. Mining coal? Making America Great Again.

I am just a simple coal miner, who are these "Eagles" or "Steelers"? My only thought is to serve America, donate to Trump's re-election campaign, vote for Trumps then breed beautiful babies who will themselves vote for Trump.

We are all named Jim. Jim Miller.

I'm not even sure you've been to PA if you're trying to roleplay someone who doesn't care about the eagles or Steelers.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

a buttload :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Don't think any of Trump's sons are heroes, though.

Technicalities. Just you watch, Tiffany will end world hunger and defeat Jared Kushner in single combat atop the mind control skyhook.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

There Bias Two posted:

I'm not even sure you've been to PA if you're trying to roleplay someone who doesn't care about the eagles or Steelers.

He's probably that lone dipshit Giants fan that exists in every town.

Like the guy I knew when I lived in New Hampshire that was a Yankees fan.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mustached Demon posted:

Enough to make Al Gore cry.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
As an actual living person 3 months removed from employment in an actual American coal mine, i can say that most coal miners aren't particularly thrilled with trump's government.

But they still would vote Trump over Hillary any day.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I work in a company that, among other things, mines coal.

I am closer to being a coal miner than most of the people who cosplay coal miner.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

skylined! posted:

It's more common then you think. I met a guy a couple weeks ago with 1488 inked onto his inner forearm.

He was dumb as a sack of rocks, too!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Reminder: Yes, the house is gerrymandered all to hell and that sucks, but roughly D+7 or D+8 is when the Dems take control of the house. If 2018 is D+10, then I'd be shocked if they didn't. Also, it wouldn't necessarily be a small majority either, at +10 it could be a healthy majority because of the way redistricting works, the GOP wants a ton of republicans to have a natural +7 or +8 advantage, any more is inefficient, so if they get to +10, thats a tipping point where a shitton of Republicans can fall.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I didn't know Owen Wilson got a fat and right wing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Reminder hat fat gently caress Chris Christie is a Cowboys fan

He pisses off both halves of his state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Boon posted:

Med devices, like pharma, have higher development costs, especially in relation to Japan and the EU because of a higher bar through the FDA.

There is absolutely incentive to sell in the UK in your scenario, but pricing is dependant on reimbursement.

In the US med devices have a high cost because in order to market devices in the US there is a high bar to pass at the FDA. There's a reason that most devices obtain a CE mark before being cleared in the US.

Yeah sure but you still have issues like your most common medical devices (hip knee etc) are basically ancient technology at this point. They're like a circumcision for residents (see one, do one, teach one.)

Whatever RD cost you could possibly have at this point has obviously already been offset, and the US is still embarrassingly more expensive than any other country in the world. This is for knee replacements.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/189975/cost-of-a-knee-replacement-in-various-countries/

Now they're constantly remaking stuff, and the point of contention has always been the strength of the material v how readily the body accepts it, but at some point that just doesn't matter anymore. you're getting a knee replacement at 60, it doesn't matter if it's projected to last 20-25 years, certainly not enough to drive the entire cost of the procedure up.

RD is the go to excuse for all american medical industries when talking about their high prices, but it rarely holds water. It's like pharma ignoring the fact that 1/3rd of their budget goes to lobbying and advertising. The main reasons these things cost so much less in other countries is you have a massive centralized healthcare authority that can lean on them, and it takes away tons of the redundant and competing administrative jobs that just drive up prices.

The other argument is that healthcare prices around the world would soar if the US citizen wasn't essentially subsidizing medical care, since Stryker or Johnson and Johnson can afford to sell knee replacements in india for 100 dollars as long as americans are paying 40k for the procedure. But these companies aren't going to stop making things just because their profit margins took a hit. And your biggest biotech research places aren't in the private sector; they're at MIT, or Cal Berkley, or Georgia Tech. A friend of mine who's currently a chair at Duke did all of his research out of the Tech labs and turned it into a publicly traded company. He also started another company out of Brown I think that was bought by the military.

• Locked thread