Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

actionjackson posted:

So what's the guddest gun so far

I like pulse you get at the starting, and the hc

scathelock looks to be pretty solid. i think there are elemental pulses and scouts that seem decent, haven't gotten one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

scathelock looks to be pretty solid. i think there are elemental pulses and scouts that seem decent, haven't gotten one yet.

Oh yeah scathelock, couldn't remember the name but I got killed by that a lot

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't know if it's the goodest gun but along with Sweet Business, I really like Sunshot (exotic hand cannon, enemies blow up with solar damage on death). It just feels good.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

PathAsc posted:

My children shall be strong, violent, and good at pvp. .

:respek: hell yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Glad Crucible is already full of fireteams of super tuned experts.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

Glad Crucible is already full of fireteams of super tuned experts.

people have been playing destiny 1 for three years. it's not like destiny 2 is a racing game or something, most of that skill is going to translate.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Beta Verdict: Game is even prettier than my wildest dreams

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Something does feel weird or off to me, but that's probably because I've been playing D1 for so long.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
yeah fusions actually are pretty strong. One I have was doing 50 damage per bolt and was quite accurate, so if you're even slightly on target they evaporate or have an easy follow up.

some grenades got a buff, like the pulse I think it's called, that strikers have, it pulses very quickly now and I think more pulses

...it announces when you use a super now, so if you use one and don't kill anyone everyone knows

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Something does feel weird or off to me, but that's probably because I've been playing D1 for so long.

this game is way more halo than destiny was. ttk is substantially longer (i'd be surprised if any non-power weapon had below a 1 sec ttk), i feel much slower, and aim assist feels tuned down (but we could also just have bottom of the barrel guns).

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
destiny 2: vex milk keeps me buff for daddy

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Good to see the pve cry babies already posting and we're only 1 day into the beta

:allears:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

its real good, hth

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Good to see the pve cry babies already posting and we're only 1 day into the beta

I really hope that story progression is gated by at least one pvp match.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

stop. i can only get so hard

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

tqilamknbrd posted:

destiny 2: vex milk keeps me buff for daddy

also the scout rifle did feel a little underwhelming with non-crit shots. Crit seemed expectable

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Waffle House posted:

also the scout rifle did feel a little underwhelming with non-crit shots. Crit seemed expectable

why on earth are you hitting non-crits on a slow-firing scout? don't do that

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Game seems good.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
nergal pr4 is pretty nasty - full auto void pulse, it's the only thing i've really felt comfortable with in pvp

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

ehhh even by those criteria, but i may just be spoiled on my explosive rounds Badger

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

tqilamknbrd posted:

nergal pr4 is pretty nasty - full auto void pulse, it's the only thing i've really felt comfortable with in pvp

agreed. I got one and then ripped all the sentinels up

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this game is way more halo than destiny was. ttk is substantially longer (i'd be surprised if any non-power weapon had below a 1 sec ttk), i feel much slower, and aim assist feels tuned down (but we could also just have bottom of the barrel guns).

This is what was throwing me to start. Encounters aren't over ~1 second anymore. The feel I'm getting is any gun that *could* do that got gated behind the heavy ammo. Shotguns, fusion, etc.

Aim assist is definitely tuned down. Or at least the lack of hidden hand or target acquisition sights is making a substantial difference.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tqilamknbrd posted:

that's the one that the dude was wrecking with, wouldn't doubt if that's the best gun in the beta

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

But i suck at the game and want to have fun. Where's my free trophy bungie aieeeeeeeeeee

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

ehh the arc one with full auto isn't that great either. uh, assuming that it's not the one you're talking about and has higher rate of fire

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE RAID BUNGO GOSH

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

actionjackson posted:

So what's the guddest gun so far

I like pulse you get at the starting, and the hc

Nergal pulse owns bones. Put up a 10.0 in Countdown just now with that and Does Not Compute. (DNC isn't "good" but if you used stuff like Jade Rabbit for kicks in D1, it's that archetype.)

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

new pvp is extremely good and I cannot wait to set a full party up and do 4v4 sweats for who calls someone else a curse word first

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can anyone who plays hunter or warlock tell me how high your resilience goes?

right now in the beta it's looking like titan has two armor types - heavy, and restorative, that do exactly what you think they would. every armor's innate stat (heavy = resilience, restorative = recovery) gives you 2 to that stat, and every mod you have for a stat gives you +1.

if those numbers don't change (and titan isn't the only class that has 'heavy' armor), one of the two should be able to also stack resilience (or recovery) the way titan can.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I took them out to shoot the KSG this weekend. Since they still don't have civilian fusion rifles they may as well be shotgun rushers. :black101:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

right now in the beta it's looking like titan has two armor types - heavy, and restorative, that do exactly what you think they would. every armor's innate stat (heavy = resilience, restorative = recovery) gives you 2 to that stat, and every mod you have for a stat gives you +1.

if those numbers don't change (and titan isn't the only class that has 'heavy' armor), one of the two should be able to also stack resilience (or recovery) the way titan can.

the warlock armour I've seen has been either heavy or mobile I think

can't remember hunter but I'm guessing it'll be mobile or restorative e; I've only got the default set on hunter, which is mobile

messing around with what warlock gear I have it looks like each piece can have a maximum of 3 in one stat. Helmet, boots and gloves get 3 points total, chest gets 4 points. But due to distribution you'll only ever get three points on a stat on the chest, two is the max for the other pieces, making 9 total the highest it can go, at least as far as I can figure.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Hunter Resilience goes up to 6-7 and Warlock Res goes up to 2.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heh I like the Matrix referencing medal you get for killing a Hunter out of their shadestep

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can get a Titan to 10 resilience, the starting armor set can do it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

You can get a Titan to 10 resilience, the starting armor set can do it.

i'm at 11 right now, so 10 definitely isn't the cap.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Just so you guys are aware, from the press kit:

"The Destiny 2 beta will feature more than twenty weapons for players to equip, including three Exotics: Sweet Business, Sunshot, and Risk Runner. Three armor sets are available for each class, for a total of nine complete sets and forty-five individual pieces."

Just so you don't spend all weekend trying to find a ton of armor/weapons because that poo poo isn't there.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hearing scouts need tuned sucks, but I love me some pulses and assaults anyway. Gimme that fusion death and warlock healing field and sword.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

qbert posted:

Hunter Resilience goes up to 6-7 and Warlock Res goes up to 2.

I have a few pieces of heavy armour on my warlock and got res up to 3.

I think-

each of the class' armour gives +1 to a stat based off class: titans give armour, hunters mobility and warlocks recovery.

So a pair of heavy titan gloves with resilience perk gives 3 resilience. 1 base titan, 1 from heavy trait, 1 from perk.
A pair of heavy warlock gloves w/ res perk gives 2 res, 1 rec. As in 1 res from trait, 1 from perk, and then a rec from warlock base.
This is based on in-game numbers.

The exception seems to be chest pieces, which... seem to give +2 to the intrinsic trait? Or... gives an extra stat somewhere else, maybe based off the specific piece, or...

My mobile warlock chest piece w/ mob perk is 3 mob, 1 rec (or 2 mob, 2 rec). There's an 'extra' mobility, unless the inherent trait gave +2.

My heavy titan chest piece w/ armour perk has 3 res (or 2 res, 2 rec w/ that perk). There's 1 rec out of nowhere

My mobile hunter chest piece w/ res perk has 2 mob, 2 res (or 2 mob, 1 rec, 1 res). That's 1 res out of nowhere.

Maybe... chest pieces just have an extra stat, 4 total instead of 3. And you just don't know where it'll be, except that it can't result in all 4 in the same stat because the cap is 3.

In any case it seems like each class could get max 12 in the native stat, or max 9 in the non-natives. And in theory the lowest they could go is 4 in their native, but maybe there's heavy hunter pieces that have 0 mobility at all or mobile titan pieces with 0 resilience, I dunno.

need more data, but I'm not going to go out of my way for it. Probably reddit's got it all figured out already anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tensokuu posted:

"The Destiny 2 beta will feature more than twenty weapons for players to equip

Anyone got an Energy pulse? Been crushing with this Kinetic one, Nightshade, but I have seven Energy slot weapons already so I'm wondering if there is one.