Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I came very close to getting killed by pubbies as Jason last night, when it hit me what they were about to do I morphed the hell out of there to regroup. It was embarrassing to have to do that but I don't want my clean record to be tarnished. Random pubbies should not ever kill Jason.

They had my mask off, and I've got tunnel vision going after the one remaining girl and then I realize that Tommy's with her(and he's carrying an axe) and oh poo poo, wait a second isn't this my cabin?!?!?

Luckily they didn't do a good enough job of sticking together so I waited until Tommy got a little bit too far in front of her so that I could grab him and rip his jaw off before the sweater stun could be delivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well I'm home from vacation and getting back into my routine. Which means it's time for summer camp again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

Random pubbies should not ever kill Jason.

I once stumbled into a pub group that was organized for the sole purpose of killing Jason. Even Jason was in on it.

They still hosed it up.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

I once stumbled into a pub group that was organized for the sole purpose of killing Jason. Even Jason was in on it.

They still hosed it up.

Yea this kill attempt that happened to me was basically all circumstances coming together to gift these pubbies a chance at the kill, and still all it took to ruin it was me swallowing my pride and morphing away at a dangerous moment. If I hadn't been playing completely incompetently up to that point, my mask would've still been on, and the counselor would have never even made it to the cabin alive. You almost have to be cooperating with the counselors to die as Jason, at least against disorganized pubbies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
All it really takes to gently caress up a Jason kill is for Jason to know you're trying to do it. If he hears that somebody just entered the cabin and you're in there unarmed it's over, if you have weapons but no pocket knives it's over, if you have all the poo poo and you're together and ready but he doesn't have his mask off it's over.

I mean, I guess if it's me playing Jason you're fine because I suck. I've been clowned on by organized groups that weren't trying to kill me but were succeeding in keeping me indefinitely stunned while the rest got away.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm the worst Jason. It took me embarrassingly long to figure out that Morph actually let you teleport around and wasn't just a way of looking at your map.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Phylodox posted:

They still hosed it up.

I've been Tommy on two kills. One the other people on my team were organized and the other the Jason was complicit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I'm the worst Jason. It took me embarrassingly long to figure out that Morph actually let you teleport around and wasn't just a way of looking at your map.

I played 4 matches as Jason before checking to find I was trying to grab to throw knives and I don't even know what I was doing to try to grab. I guess that explains my abysmal conversion rate.

I'm not embarrassed because it's fun to gently caress around when Jason is incompetent. I've been on the other side.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I've been unable to play my xbone the last 3 weeks, does the game still randomly crash? Is it just as frequent?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Spacebump posted:

I've been unable to play my xbone the last 3 weeks, does the game still randomly crash? Is it just as frequent?

It's apparently pretty good on PC and PS4, but there's some kind of issue with actually pushing out the patch on xbone. I think the xbone version still has the roof glitch.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is one of the console communities bad? I hear tales of rude pubbies but I've never seen it on PC. Just kids.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Nicaden posted:

I think I found my inner Chad and it feels great to screw others over as Chad as I discovered tonight.

I was in a match at Packanack as Chad, and for some reason, people being chased by Jason seemed hellbent on luring him to me. At one point, they ended up trapping me, with 2 counselors blocking both the exit and the window while Jason broke down the door. I was limping at that point, but luckily Jason grabbed the Tiffany blocking the door and I ran around him and hid in the woods, while he hunted down the other guy.

I noticed on the map that the others were fixing the car, and went to check the main lodge to find the keys but to no avail. The thing is that I had already found the keys in the main lodge after hiding in a closet, while the original owner got choked out as I watched from there. I snuck over to near the car and watched behind a cabin as the others got chased off by Jason. The entire time, they were bitching about how they checked everywhere but couldn't find the keys at all.

As Jason vanished, I snuck over to the car, and started it up. Almost immediately, a Tommy, and one of the people, a AJ who tried to get me killed earlier showed up,.

"Hey wait! Don't leave!" I heard as I began to pull out because Chad doesn't stop for anyone. Almost immediately Jason showed up, blocking the road. Naturally I backed up to bait him into Shifting. Unfortuanely, AJ was right behind me and I accidentally ran her over, causing the Tommy to flip out and call me a "loving rear end in a top hat". He pulled out the shotgun and tried to shoot me from behind, but with no results, except for me going out of my way to run him over as a result.

I immediately backed into the woods and resulted in a 5 minute merry chase through the trees. The entire time, I could hear the others raging about how I was screwing them over and discussing how they were going to stop me. Eventually I made it onto the main road, but by then, everybody else had made it there and were waiting for me.

Normally I would have given them a ride, but at that point, I didn't give a drat about anybody but myself, as a Buggzy found out the hard way when he ran in front of the car in a attempt to make me stop. The end results were the survivors watching from the sidelines, cursing at me as I ran down Buggzy as I cruised on out with the last thing they heard being: "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

:allears:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I don't think I've ever played a game with a better community in random pubs. People legit just seem like they're around to have fun.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I watched an amazing Chad game yesterday.

I was playing with a group of Xbox friends and while we tried to get an all Chad game going, we only managed 4.

I was Chad 1 and I had my jaw ripped off while screaming at Jason that he was a filthy poor and to "Come get this Chad Dick"

Chad 2 was tossed through a window.

Chad 3 was drowned trying to escape in the boat.

Chad 4 though, Chad 4 was the great hope of all Chadkind. While all the other counselors met their fates, Chad 4 ran around with his bat trying to find the keys (which had phased through the map) and the fuse (which had also phased through the map)

Jarvis was dispatched with 7 minutes left.

For the remaining 7 minutes, we all watched and joked about how there was no way he was going to manage to juke Jason for the remaining time.

With 30 seconds on the clock, Chad was still armed with a baseball bat, having shot Jason multiple times with flare guns picked up from the corpses of the Poors and found around cabins. Chad was corned and Jason was coming through the door.

The clock wound down with Jason inches from grabbing Chad.

Chad was the only survivor. The dude playing Jason was cool about the loss. It was really something to behold and I wished I'd recorded it.

Even when a Chad dies, the spirit of Chad will rise.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

...and the pitch! posted:

Is one of the console communities bad? I hear tales of rude pubbies but I've never seen it on PC. Just kids.

on PC I had a game with some 12 year old who.... was actually helpful and played as a teammate. He took directions, made reasonable suggestions. Was a good sport at the end of matches, even when Jason killed him, or when he as Jason only killed 2.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Zaffy posted:

on PC I had a game with some 12 year old who.... was actually helpful and played as a teammate. He took directions, made reasonable suggestions. Was a good sport at the end of matches, even when Jason killed him, or when he as Jason only killed 2.

"Are you a woman or a prepubescent boy?"

"Prepubescent boy"

I am paraphrasing but it was a funny moment. They did both say prepubescent.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've had pretty great mic rounds on PC too, I had one round that devolved into me as Jason vs three or four people playing ring around the rosy with the phone house with all of us poo poo talking each other. Eventually with one left I realize it's been like seven minutes and I only killed three people, so I say "Alright I'm morphing away for a bit, no one touch the phone box or I'll be back." The last guy agreed and walked away. I morph and find out that ZERO work has been done on either car, and sure enough hear the "beepbeep" of him messing up the phone box repair.

I morph in like "WHAT DID I SAY, STOP TOUCHING MY drat PHONE" and scared the poo poo out of him. Talkative Jason rounds are great :buddy: I'm pretty sure I 7/7'd that round because despite me not being in the same time zones as the cars, no one even tried to fix them :psyduck:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Essential items taken off the map wash up on shore? :psyduck:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

Everything except weapons, yeah.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
ANY shore.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

in a storm

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What's the story on how this stands now on PS4? I see it got some pretty savage reviews early on due to general release overload servers etc. And I see the Xbox version is still struggling.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

PS4 is mostly fine as far as I've seen/heard, it's pretty much just xbone having problems specifically.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Its because the only 'canon' way of removing an item from the map is dying in the lake.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It might as well be gone for good though since it can be ANY shore as said before and pubbies would have to be aware enough to look there for missing poo poo to begin with.

So those of you who were diappointed with the news that Chadding off with things made the game impossible, rest assured you still are :v:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
who is the admin of the discord server?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Phyresis posted:

who is the admin of the discord server?

Me. I've been planning on loving with some stuff for a while, but I've been on call for 3 weeks due to some scheduling garbage (just got off a 5 hour call weee). I should be around tomorrow night if no surprises happen. Hit me up on steam or in discord or something. Or pm me here if you have pm's idgaf. I'm going to bed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It might as well be gone for good though since it can be ANY shore as said before and pubbies would have to be aware enough to look there for missing poo poo to begin with.

So those of you who were diappointed with the news that Chadding off with things made the game impossible, rest assured you still are :v:

Even if you went back to look for poo poo on the shore, chances are that whoever's Jason will have heard that same info and might be combing the shore line. And he can patrol a lot faster in the water.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
PS4 works great, but if you're doing pub games you'll still probably have a server crap out every 5 games or so and need to find a new lobby, which doesn't take long.

It's pretty rare to see a crash, now. Only big issue these days are host quitting and being quickmatched with someone on rural dial-up internet who ends up being chosen as Jason.

If you're on the fence because the opening 2 weeks were a shitshow, don't sweat it. Now is the perfect time to jump in.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I've never had a crash.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Even if you went back to look for poo poo on the shore, chances are that whoever's Jason will have heard that same info and might be combing the shore line. And he can patrol a lot faster in the water.

Yea, the water and the shore are treated as no mans land most of the time. It's like a slightly less dangerous version of hanging out in Jason's shack, you're playing Russian Roulette just being there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

King Vidiot posted:

All it really takes to gently caress up a Jason kill is for Jason to know you're trying to do it. If he hears that somebody just entered the cabin and you're in there unarmed it's over, if you have weapons but no pocket knives it's over, if you have all the poo poo and you're together and ready but he doesn't have his mask off it's over.

Alternatively, killing Tommy should be a priority for Jason regardless.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Cythereal posted:

Alternatively, killing Tommy should be a priority for Jason regardless.

I usually triple trap the shack, gotta make sure mommy is safe.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
paging scalding coffee so he can tell us how he has a crash every 87 seconds

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Coolguye posted:

paging scalding coffee so he can tell us how he has a crash every 87 seconds

It happened to Ozone because overclocking his GPU apparently.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So I ended up in another game with swag dracula the fucker who ran me over last time we played.....this time he ran up on jason with the shot gun....and shot me.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Coolguye posted:

paging volticsurge so he can tell us how he has a crash every 87 seconds

Fixed.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
My last game, I was the only one to survive mainly due to luck. It was around 10 minutes into the match with a Savani Jason, and there were only 4 of us left. I saw on the map someone had installed the propeller, and I could see two people heading for the boat, which probably meant that they had gas.

I made my way there, armed with a flare and a couple firecrackers, just as they finished filling up the boat. First thing I hear is : Dude, get out of here'" followed by a Deborah trying to hit me with a wrench, while an AJ starts up the boat. Fortuanely, the Deborah got in before I could.

Why is this fortunate? The reason was that I spotted Savani Jason further down the beach head into the water and in our direction. The other two players didn't see him since they were focused on me.

The events transpired as this:
Me: All right, all right, I'll get out of here.
Deborah: Yeah, gently caress off. You didn't help at all. Say hi to Jason for us.
Me: Ok. Oh by the way, Jason's in the water.
AJ: Wait, what?
Right after that, Jason tipped the boat, sending them both into the water. He immediately drowned the AJ while the Deborah managed to make it to shore.
Deborah: Dude, shoot him! loving shoot him!
Me: Hey. You told me to get out of here so that's what I'm doing! I promptly turned around and ran into the woods as Jason shift-grabbed her.
Deborah: No, no, wait! The rest of her words were cut off by Jason choking her out.

I promptly ran towards a nearby cabin where the other remaining player was, and hid behind some nearby rocks. Jason showed up in hot pursuit of me, but saw the cabin and made a beeline for the poor sucker. Meanwhile I ran back to the boat, promptly started it up, and drove it out to freedom.

"Thanks for the free ride guys" I called out as I drove on out.

They weren't happy to say the least.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hereby declare that in accordance the Lucky Arms Act the Chad army shall henceforth be known as the Charmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

On the grounds that the logo is a bee in a leprechaun hat. :colbert:

• Locked thread