Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
they missed an idea someone in CD came up with, where Han has to shoot someone and his friends are like "what the hell Han?" and he looks at the camera and says "I always shoot first"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

khwarezm posted:

Hold the loving phone, you found Jeff Bridges memorable in Iron Man?

Like above said, he is great at switching between slimy politician and crazy BOX OF SCRAPS ham throughout the movie before he goes lame with his super robot suit.

Apart from him, Kurt Russel is the only one who is a good villain. Yeah yeah, Loki bullshit, but he works better as an instigator than as a primary antagonist. Also Avengers 1 is poo poo, and so is 2.

We're never going to get anyone as good as Willem Dafoe or Alfred Molina again.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

starkebn posted:

they missed an idea someone in CD came up with, where Han has to shoot someone and his friends are like "what the hell Han?" and he looks at the camera and says "I always shoot first"

Or he gets into a shootout where the other guy shoots first but Han ends up killing him anyway and then says "Next time, I'll shoot first."

:smuggo:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
His real name is Hans Olo. He's Austro-Hungarian.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

Astro-Hungarian.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

a bone to pick posted:

I don't think it's quite as good as the darth vader video but it's pretty good.

I just saw wonder woman and hahahahaha holy poo poo it is so bad, why the gently caress did people like it? I mean it was ok but holy poo poo the ending was unbelievably bad.

It was surprisingly decent until the last act where the law of superhero movies says you have to end with 20 minutes of two invincible people bouncing off each other like pinballs against CGI backgrounds.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

starkebn posted:

When is Jay going to stay putting out exercise videos?

Sweatin' To The Cummies

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Entropic posted:

It was surprisingly decent until the last act where the law of superhero movies says you have to end with 20 minutes of two invincible people bouncing off each other like pinballs against CGI backgrounds.

From what I heard beforehand I was honestly expecting it to be much worse than it ended up being, its not like it was a good scene but it was just kind of what I expect with these sorts of movies. For my money the first Iron Man movie has the worst obligatory final battle I can think of.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sweatin' To The Cummies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

khwarezm posted:

From what I heard beforehand I was honestly expecting it to be much worse than it ended up being, its not like it was a good scene but it was just kind of what I expect with these sorts of movies. For my money the first Iron Man movie has the worst obligatory final battle I can think of.

The CGI shitfest part of it is only like 5 minutes or so. It's restrained by modern superhero movie standards.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

They CGI'd david Thewlis's face onto a buff man's body and then the love interest blew himself up and then there was a lot of CGI where absolutely nothing mattered and Diana punched the villain to death. This is the catalyst where she becomes Wonder Woman I guess.

Bad movie but nerds love it just like Spider-Man homecoming.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

a bone to pick posted:

They CGI'd david Thewlis's face onto a buff man's body and then the love interest blew himself up and then there was a lot of CGI where absolutely nothing mattered and Diana punched the villain to death. This is the catalyst where she becomes Wonder Woman I guess.

Bad movie but nerds love it just like Spider-Man homecoming.

Eh, like I said CGI clusterfucks are just what happens at this point, I think Ares melted himself some armor too so you never really saw the actor at all. Its not really a defense but people talked about this scene like it was uniquely bad and it just seemed par for the course to me. I thought it was clear enough what the conflict was meant to be about and... (Rich Evans voice) its fine, its fine.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Having them smuggle a carbonite Jedi during Jabba's race for the Kessel Run will definitely happen.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

I think Ares melted himself some armor too so you never really saw the actor at all.

There's a scene where you see his face CGI'd onto a Gerard Butler-looking body at one point and I had to grab my friend because I was laughing so hard

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Yeah I saw Wonder Woman a couple days ago and it loving sucked, what gives? It was on par with that dumb rear end Whedon script.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Han is going to be planning heist with Woody Harrelson's crew but then fall out with them over his decision to rescue Chewie somewhere along the way and get stranded. The two of them will then encounter Lando tell him about Woody's heist in exchange for him getting them out of wherever they're stuck. Lando, Han, and Chewie will then be in a race with Woody's crew for the same score.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Somebody out there trying to be Mr. Plinkett:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pulchritudinous posted:

Somebody out there trying to be Mr. Plinkett:

lol

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
That's cool, his wingbeats are matching the framerate of the recorder there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Remember when all the destroyed tapes murdered Jay and tried to kill Rich? That was a good halloween episode with Drunk Jack.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Junkfist posted:

Yeah I saw Wonder Woman a couple days ago and it loving sucked, what gives? It was on par with that dumb rear end Whedon script.

People are so desperate for a female superhero movie that a sub-par one will get heaped with praise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I should be watching Valerian tomorrow night.

I am loving pumped for endless trash.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I saw a trailer that was practically "exposition: the scene" as they flew into some city. If the writing is consistently that bad I have no hope.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Please report back about the store brand Mass Effect movie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You loving idiots. Mass Effect is store brand Valerian. Half of modern sci-fi is.
Yeah, sure, let's watch and applaud another film about a man who is a also a spider.
What's that, a film based on an influential, but somewhat obscure today and outside France sci-fi visual novel? ENDLKESSS TTREASHSHSHSHS! AM I RIGHT??

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Paladinus posted:

You loving idiots. Mass Effect is store brand Valerian. Half of modern sci-fi is.
Yeah, sure, let's watch and applaud another film about a man who is a also a spider.
What's that, a film based on an influential, but somewhat obscure today and outside France sci-fi visual novel? ENDLKESSS TTREASHSHSHSHS! AM I RIGHT??

any subject could be a good film, any subject could be a trash film - don't get territorial

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Nice meltdown

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Lets try to think of animals/insects that have not been superheroed yet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am going to destroy you for your bad movie opinions!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if you disagree with big daddy mike and loverboy jay.... i will loving end u

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Lets try to think of animals/insects that have not been superheroed yet.

I don't think anyone has done Tyrannosaurus Rex man yet.

Zzulu posted:

if you disagree with big daddy mike and loverboy jay.... i will loving end u

They were wrong as gently caress about Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: Family Guy Edition.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They were wrong as gently caress about Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: Family Guy Edition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_Dinosaur

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This counts as "Dinosaur - Man" and has been done:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stegron

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I don't mean someone who rides around on a T-Rex. I mean someone with all the powers of a T-Rex.

Wait, has there been a Blue Whale Man yet?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I don't mean someone who rides around on a T-Rex. I mean someone with all the powers of a T-Rex.

what about that Latino kid from Marvel who could turn into all sorts of dinosaurs? "Reptile"?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean, a T-Rex does have all the powers of a T-Rex.

I dunno about Blue Whale, but there is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca_(comics)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I didn't realize it was based on a older thing, but look at this poo poo:

They know what they're doing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The city of a thousand planets.

The CITY of a thousand PLANETS.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht