Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I still haven't seen the important question, the glamour question, answered; does the Ao Dai have a men's version?!

It isn't restricted to a gender, so you can preview it on the MB on a male character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Bleu posted:

You're both the FFXIV equivalent of the people who read Pathfinder splatbooks on the toilet.

what does this even mean

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

vOv posted:

what does this even mean

i think the implication is that they are really wrapped up in cutting edge end game content when they don't do it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I need help with DirectX (Savage)

FF14 has been constantly crashing since a few days ago, all errors related to directx. The crashes are erratic, but consistent, and it's getting the point where i might just unsub because it's hard to play in the long term if this keeps up
the crashes vary from
A Fatal DirectX Error has Occurred (11000002)
ff14_dx11.exe+A#### (or dx9, if i use that client)
nvgvwr.dll crashes

I've tried running the DX9 client, I have tried updating drivers, i have tried uninstalling drivers with DDU and installing from a clean download, resetting any OCs that i have had to stock, and uninstalling and reinstalling FF14 and nothing has resolved the crashes
they only started last week, but i've been playing again for about a month

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bleu posted:

You're both the FFXIV equivalent of the people who read Pathfinder splatbooks on the toilet.

It's neat and I'm glad it exists even if my friends are unlikely to get to O4S anytime within the next couple weeks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maguoob posted:

It isn't restricted to a gender, so you can preview it on the MB on a male character.

Yeah just got home and checked that.

Kinda wish they'd done different designs for men and woman, but its still nice looking. :allears:

Funny enough, the piece I want the most is the Non La, the hat, it'd go great with my SAM Glam.

[edit] The maps are 300k each now :stare:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 19, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm really hoping all the OF bitching encourages them to do sweet rear end savage only phases/fights in future content.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Bleu posted:

lol a+

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm really excited to see the Hidden Boss in three months or so, genuinely

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
As time goes by and ilevels increase it'll get more and more accessible, so almost everyone will eventually be able to see the fight if they want to.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It was some pages back now but really, really want raid fights based off Bravely Default and Mystic Quest

The Mystic Quest fight would involve just hitting your duty action when the boss/some NPC says so until you win, and i'll be some people will gently caress even THAT up :allears:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It was some pages back now but really, really want raid fights based off Bravely Default

a bravely default inspired raid: once you clear it, you have to do it 4 more times before you get loot

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Minrad posted:

a bravely default inspired raid: once you clear it, you have to do it 4 more times before you get loot

So it's like every other raid.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
I'm holding out hope for some fights based on the Nier: Automata DLC, personally.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just want to fight some Lucavi.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just want to fight some Lucavi.

That's probably the RoI raid.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I can't believe how badly they hosed up MCH. Now we're back to 3.0 levels of interactivity with almost nothing to show for it.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ilifinicus posted:

oh my god pepsi man is back to kill all the statics of the world

Halicarnassus: How many layers of mechanics are you on
Brute Justice: Like, five or six, my dude
Halicarnassus: You are like a little baby
Halicarnassus: watch this

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh jesus is that what halicarnassus savage is

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Where can I find all of the permutations of /playdead please and thank you

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
O1S is easy enough that the Meat Jerkin' Beef Boys cleared it so no one has anyone excuse really.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pepsiman's difficulty wasn't just about layered mechanical complexity, but about all those mechanics seemingly designed to expose all the worst gaps in the underlying game technology.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meiteron posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Please explain in detail how knowing what a boss looks like “ruins” or otherwise diminishes ones enjoyment of a game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is the desert puzzle different in O3S

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Is the desert puzzle different in O3S

There is no desert puzzle.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please explain in detail how knowing what a boss looks like “ruins” or otherwise diminishes ones enjoyment of a game.

People like to be surprised by stuff. Some people like to be surprised about story stuff, some people like to be surprised by mechanical stuff, some people like to be surprised by a boss's new model and a unique and surprising phase change.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

it was a secret extra boss phase unique to savage. plenty of people both in here and the game thought the exdeath minion was kind of a lame spoiler as well. i know people itt don't like fister but it's kinda ridiculous that this is being treated as some insane thing after a single post.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Really enjoyed those last two ARR dungeons where I watched a string of cutscenes one after another while getting in 0 boss battles because everything is dead by the time the cutscenes are done.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

inferis posted:

Really enjoyed those last two ARR dungeons where I watched a string of cutscenes one after another while getting in 0 boss battles because everything is dead by the time the cutscenes are done.

Those two are ancient mistakes that aren't repeated in future content. If you want to actually experience this content you'll need a premade group.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I really need to find a drat static, but no doubt any that were recruiting managed to find people by now. It's my own drat fault for putting off trying to search around, now I probably have to sit out this whole savage tier before I'll get another chance.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Holy poo poo Ninja is fun at 70. :stare:

Kinda bad at getting Ten Chi Jin off accurately and quickly though. Gotta practice.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Obligatum VII posted:

I really need to find a drat static, but no doubt any that were recruiting managed to find people by now. It's my own drat fault for putting off trying to search around, now I probably have to sit out this whole savage tier before I'll get another chance.

You'd be surprised. Ton's of newly formed groups are going to bleed people as they start hitting their heads against the wall.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Meiteron posted:

And then you have Neo Exdeath, who's list of mechanics is as follows - ALL OF THEM

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Kobata posted:

Numbers I saw most recently:
< 1500 crit per point DH > det/ss > crit
< 1700 crit per point DH > crit > det/ss
>= 1700 crit per point crit > DH > det/ss

These are the per-point numbers so overall the transition would be a bit higher.

Is there a source for this? My friends are saying the break even spot is 3k crit which seems really loving high.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Axle_Stukov posted:

And then you have Neo Exdeath, who's list of mechanics is as follows - ALL OF THEM

Even though I'll almost certainly never see most of Savage anything for myself it is somehow heartening to hear this :shobon:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

Tuned into an o4s stream, each party member had an assortment of allagan field, acceleration bomb, churning, and hysteria.
story checks out

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

potaties posted:

gently caress it, just drop Lavos in there already

thats hydaelyn

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

O1S is easy enough that the Meat Jerkin' Beef Boys cleared it so no one has anyone excuse really.

even the Randy Savages cleared! no excuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like the 68 striking gear a lot

also literally my first time touching /gpose