Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I wish we could go back to discussing kilju.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

turpa kiinni kissa äiät

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Antti posted:

Oh yeah, wasn't there that time when Kekkonen drafted train workers to the military to break a strike, or was that just a threat?

Maybe it was first one called "pakkolaki", then.

I meant that people like cops, firefighters, doctors, soldiers etc. deemed critical for the society have had limited striking rights for a long time, adding nurses to that list isn't a revolutionary first-of-a-kind change.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Speaking of communism, Anne Berner is pushing a legislative change in how traffic tickets are processed. Currently, the way cops are issuing tickets is based on evidence - ie. you sped that day and the cops saw you speeding in a 40 km limit road, and the prosecutor does the paperwork. The change comes in the burden of proof: You have to prove you didn't speed up that street. The idea being that by shifting the work to the tax payer, the justice system's judicial work has less of that mundane poo poo. Car drivers, judges and lawyers made some angry noises about the change, but Anne Berner is sticking to her guns, insisting that traffic ticketing shouldn't be processed in the judicial system as a criminal case. (Hence why the new version of the traffic ticket is named "liikennevirhemaksu" or "traffic mistake bill". But that's down to semantics.)

Also several traffic offences which now result in progressive day fines are changed into flat liikennevirhemaksus :ssh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Herman Merman posted:

Also several traffic offences which now result in progressive day fines are changed into flat liikennevirhemaksus :ssh:

Progressive day fines are still in there - just that they're only issued if you've been extra naughty, like going over 30 km/h the regulated speed limit. But for the truly oppressed minority in Finland that are rich people, rejoice! Freedom is within your grasps. Soon you will be free to rampage up and down the streets without the nanny state smacking you down with huge fines. Just don't cross the speed limit too much.

Somehow I can't shake the feeling this is just all a part of a plan to privatize traffic control, like they did with parking inspectors.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Privatize roads and let the road owner slam tolls and fines on users, this sounds like a great way of reducing traffic pollution by 100%.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Also pedestrians could pay some tiny sum to turn the crossing light green. Jay walking would be controlled with cameras and face recognition software.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

I wish we could go back to discussing kilju.

mikä on lempi kilju reseptisi

oulussa me laitettiin perunoita ämpäriin

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
me reading this thread:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Ligur reading this thread:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fated To Be Fat posted:

20 million people die under capitalist systems annually from preventable diseases, lack of clean water and hunger because there is no profit in fixing their problems. The misery of these people is a direct consequence of the capitalist ideology. On the top of that, you and me enjoy a luxury that is created from exploitation of these same people.

GP was the Stalin all along.

Tribal clans who slaughter each other for religious differences and completely corrupt political systems in the other side of the world surely are the fault of your avarege Swedish or Finnish tax payers who walk around and go to work.

Good job.

NOT. Jesus loving christ. Hahahahaha.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
All human misery is a sign of, and punishment for, the fact we failed. In another timeline the singularity already happened and everyone is a cloud.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

All human misery is a sign of, and punishment for, the fact we failed. In another timeline the singularity already happened and everyone is a cloud.

Change LSD to DMT, you will get revelations which are even more deep.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Is that that an offer? I have plat. :11tea:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

I could pm you some DMT but the mods decided to take away my PM function because of goose stepping Wagner :(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Paavo Väyrynen is running for president. Again.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I'm more surprised by the fact that apparently Kansalaispuolue has more than one member???

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

:worship:

Although I am genuinely surprised that the election is next year. Feels like it was just yesterday that Sale was elected.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Darkest Auer posted:

:worship:

Although I am genuinely surprised that the election is next year. Feels like it was just yesterday that Sale was elected.

suomen presidentti does literally nothing anymore so how the gently caress are you even supposed to remember he exists?? kinda lile the präsidänt of germania

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

You'd think he'd have reached the president after running for so long.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Rotacixe posted:

You'd think he'd have reached the president after running for so long.

internetateistit julkeasti taistelevat Jumalan Valittua vastaan

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Paavo Väyrynen ei ole tehnyt mitään väärää :colbert:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Väyrynen on pyrkinyt presidentiksi pidempään kuin mitä Kekkonen oli pressana. Saatanan tunari, ois ryhtynyt lobbariksi heti kun ei onnistunut.

PineappleGod
Feb 12, 2008
The Pineapple God has returned
http://kepu.fi

I'll just leave this here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PineappleGod posted:

drat :eyepoop:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PineappleGod posted:

:finland:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

Also I don't think you should read the race space. I sort of understand where you are coming from, and the morbid interest, but it's not good and/or worth it.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Linking this from Twitter since I can't be bothered to take screenshots but yikes.

https://twitter.com/JacquesBoissons/status/887493602821246977

I wouldn't be suprised if the left twist of the Greens makes them the largest party within a couple of years.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The Greens capturing Jyväskylä seems to have started a domino effect outside of Helsinki.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

There's also the thing that in their supreme wisdom, Kok hosed with the sivistysporvari wing of the party and they're going to the Greens and they're not coming back.

At the moment, there's a rather amazing amount of hot air keeping Kok aloft but well, as trends look right now, it will be impossible to put together a right-wing coalition in the future.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

There's also the thing that in their supreme wisdom, Kok hosed with the sivistysporvari wing of the party and they're going to the Greens and they're not coming back.

At the moment, there's a rather amazing amount of hot air keeping Kok aloft but well, as trends look right now, it will be impossible to put together a right-wing coalition in the future.

Do you actually think that the greens won't go right back to being puistokokoomus if they get a chance to be in the government with kokoomus?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 19, 2017

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
You know how right wing nut jobs love ranting about the red-green conspiracy that controls Finland? We are about 5% away from making it a reality

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Obfuscation posted:

You know how right wing nut jobs love ranting about the red-green conspiracy that controls Finland? We are about 5% away from making it a reality

More like we're SDP getting their head out of their rear end away.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Andrast posted:

Do you actually think that the greens won't go right back to being puistokokoomus if they get a chance to be in the government with kokoomus?

The 1990's era neoliberal top names of the Greens are no longer in charge of the party. Touko Aalto is a former communist, Maria Ohisalo is a poverty researcher and Veli Liikanen is a youth studies researcher. It's possible that they could turn right but at the moment, the neoliberal ideologists like Soininvaara have been marginalized and most important, the turn towards the left has been massively successful.

Also, there's the thing where the Greens are really aware of how much being in right-wing cabinets hurt them. Kok is the least attractive coalition member for any party, and it says something.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

the turn towards the left has been massively successful.

It's because "the greenoleft" is actually in the centre when you look at how the world actually works. "The centre" is way on the here-be-vampires-and/or-nazis-right along with "the right". Despite all its flaws, a sensible moderate 21st century person has no-one else to vote for because Paavo Arhinmäki tainted Vasemmistoliitto forever just by being dumb and ugly and SDP has been a petit bougie corporation with no real coherent political agenda other than to exist, with a dash of horrible smelly old completely unapologetic ex-stalinists who can't find employ elsewhere, for a few decades now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean, literally.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

Arhinmäki is a nice guy but absolutely disgusting as a party chairman because he's about as inspiring as a sack of rotten potatoes. In general the problem of the Left is that they're a bunch of inefficient cowards as a party.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

Arhinmäki is a nice guy but absolutely disgusting as a party chairman because he's about as inspiring as a sack of rotten potatoes. In general the problem of the Left is that they're a bunch of inefficient cowards as a party.

SDP lite.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9729958

RIP in peace the Finnish rightwing fringe.

Random observations follow:

- since Soini's practically a political corpse by now, UV is left adrift and no one has any faith in them.
- strangely enough, Rudimentary Finns, Now With 15% More Racism, are showing the same symptoms, because Halla-aho is a lazy gently caress who has no interest in running the party. Eerola, Huhtasaari and Hakkarainen are just not competent enough to step in.
- considering polling methods, I'm not sure how reliable the exact figures of Kok, Kepu, Vas and SDP are.
-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Kemper Boyd posted:

Kok's support hasn't fallen though. I suppose it's cannibalized persu and kepu support to stay aloft? Which really is just deserts for going into bed with kokoomus.

I'm also imagining a lot of people who might have voted SDP in the past have hopped on the green wagon.