Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
We should help Palermo, but i disagree with the rest. We're in a prime position to do what the Ummayads never did and take southern Gaul.

VVV Oh, woops, misread. I stay on Palermo's side though.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I meant Provence.

Palermo frankly should be back on The List now, along with Sardinia. Those debts are long due to be paid back.

As for Gaul, gently caress no, we finally have a nice, defensible mountain border and have restored Al-Andalus, we don't need to traipse around Frankish fields and involve ourselves in new fronts. Let's focus on restoring old holdings, the colonies, and conquest of the Western Med.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I really do not understand this fascination with making forever enemies with Morocco when we already have France to contend with.

Proposing the Go Home England, You're Drunk Act.

Conquer and/or destroy England in North America.

I mean really. Englishmen? In the New World? Really? Let's just put a stop to this nonsense before it gets out of hand.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 19, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I really do not understand this fascination with making forever enemies with Morocco when we already have France to contend with.

Morocco is squatting on way too much of the Caribbean along with the other side of Gibraltar, and hates us anyway. Carving them up makes us more powerful and less threatened.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly I kind of want New England to do okay for itself. Literal monarchy in exile 13 colonies is hilarious/adorable. :shobon:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

Honestly I kind of want New England to do okay for itself. Literal monarchy in exile 13 colonies is hilarious/adorable. :shobon:

Same, it reminds me of Kaiserreich in a way.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Gaul is not a new front, it's the same northern push we have been doing for ages. Besides, we have the excuse of "protecting" our newest dhimmi group. We will always have the Pyrenees, it can be a nice fallback line instead of our primary defenses.

Meanwhile, Morocco is a competitor, hosed with our colonization, and must be crushed.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

lol just lol if you dont want to bring the light of the prophet to the entire continent

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

paragon1 posted:

Morocco is making money we could be making! Even worse, with their dominance in the Caribbean and Sevillan trade nodes they're literally taking our money!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'm really digging how the Red Turbans just took over Korea.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'm really digging how the Red Turbans just took over Korea.

Still disappointed what a wet fart "aggressive" Japan turned out to be.

Crazycryodude posted:

Proposing that we extend Made in Al-Andalus into the new session, it's maximum production time.

Agreed

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Same, it reminds me of Kaiserreich in a way.
Or IRL Brazil, which worked out surprisingly OK (until it didn't).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

AzeriLP... Kinda did this. It was a very odd series of events in Vicky 2

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Policies right now:

Frionnel posted:

Colonial Loyalty and Security Act
- Attack the realm of Tlapanec with the intent of seizing the entire Yucatán Peninsula.
- If it's possible to take even more, the Sultan is free to take any land he wishes, as long as the above point is fullfiled.
- The Sultan is also to attack the Chickasaw, with the goal of taking as much land as possible.
- Spend monarch points to develop our colony of Ibriz, with the intent of lowering Liberty Desire below 25%

Frionnel, The Bold Kobold, catlord, Soup du Jour, RZApublican, Wyvernil, Aeromancia.

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design
1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Rodyle, Lord Cyrahzax.

paragon1 posted:

Proposing the Go Home England, You're Drunk Act: Conquer and/or destroy England in North America.
I mean really. Englishmen? In the New World? Really? Let's just put a stop to this nonsense before it gets out of hand.

paragon1.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose the Knowledge is Half the Battle Act
-Convert Navarra, then convert whatever is left in Aragon and corsica, pretty much everyone but our Dhimmi.
-Build a mosque in Navarra, if one is not already built.
-Give the Navarra province to the Ulema.
-Save a building spot, or bring up the development to allow a new one, doing so to put a University there when they become available.
Navarra is where the Printing Press spawned, which gives us +10% insitution spread. With this we can spread knowledge and the good word to all of the People of Al-andalus!

Ralepozozaxe, AJ_Impy, Vinny Possum.

Slaan posted:

I, Slaan al-Andalusi propose the New World, New Souls Act
1. The crown is to build mosques in our New World colonies
2. The crown will prioritize converting New World provinces to the faith of Allah
3. The crown will use military force to claim pagan territory for Allah if necessary or the opportunity arises, so that the souls of the local people can be saved

Slaan.

Crazycryodude posted:

Proposing that we extend Made in Al-Andalus into the new session, it's maximum production time.

Crazycryodude, Dance Officer, Mikl, Ikasuhito.

Zakrelo posted:

I propose the Final Leap Act
-With the goal of making Al-Andalus the sole power of Iberia,
-Invade Castille with the intention of forcing vassalization
-Use diplomats, gifts, "influence nation", and advisors to prevent the formation of a coalition on success of the war
-If despite the best efforts of the Sultan a dangerous coalition would be formed, at his discretion he can instead take monetary and minor land concessions

Zakrelo.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I'm supporting Ralepozozaxe's proposal.

Edit: Wait no I'm not, read below.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 19, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

1. Extinguish Castille the moment the truce expires, providing they don't suddenly acquire French protection again.
2. Once our internal borders are thus secure, begin spreading money and influence around to acquire allies against Morocco both in Africa and in the West.
3. Once a sufficient force of allies and our own troops have been built up, cross the straits with intent to seize Tangiers as other territory along the straits.
4. Secondary to the aforementioned territory, seize Moroccan colonies and force them to turn over territory to our allies and vassals.
5. Do not engage if France will join the conflict. Take whatever actions are needed to break up this alliance.

Backing

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

This sounds like a nice proposal!

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

Slaan posted:

2. The crown will prioritize converting New World provinces to the faith of Allah
3. The crown will use military force to claim pagan territory for Allah if necessary or the opportunity arises, so that the souls of the local people can be saved

Backing this. We seem to be focusing on our colonies at the moment, and I'm not sure what benefit all the Navarra stuff brings, honestly.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Slaan posted:

https://lpix.org/2791686/Ulama2.png

Actually, this seems more fun right now, for the reasons stated above. Let's convert some heathens.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 19, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dance Officer posted:

Morocco is making money we could be making! Even worse, with their dominance in the Caribbean and Sevillan trade nodes they're literally taking our money!

Last I heard, we held the majority there
Did something change?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Morocco is squatting on way too much of the Caribbean along with the other side of Gibraltar, and hates us anyway. Carving them up makes us more powerful and less threatened.

Facts not in evidence. So far it has just lead to us getting turbofucked in a two front war. Because, get this, France is an existential threat to Al-Andalus that requires all our energy and focus to fight.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Did something change?

Even if we hold the majority in that node, fact is we could be making even more if they left. It's undeniable that their caribbean colony is a serious blow to our coffers. We must take it.

paragon1 posted:

Because, get this, France is an existential threat to Al-Andalus that requires all our energy and focus to fight.

Not at the moment, it isn't.

Also, it's been a while since i've played EU4, so someone remind me here: Would France bite the -2 stab from truce breaking if they joined Morocco against us?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Depends on how much they hate us, how much they like Morocco, and whether or not they think they can take us iirc. It should say in the war declaration screen whether or not France would join.

E: Oh do you mean would they receive a stab hit like a human player would?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 19, 2017

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
You don't get stab hit for defensive CTAs.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Frionnel posted:

Also, it's been a while since i've played EU4, so someone remind me here: Would France bite the -2 stab from truce breaking if they joined Morocco against us?

They don't take a stab hit if they get called into a defensive war.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Ah, thanks guys, that makes sense.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013

We are definitely in need of focusing on our colonies- we're getting beaten out at every corner!

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Rodyle posted:

As an aside, though not a formal proposal, I think in further conflicts with France we should refrain from taking their land directly.

That's what we'd suggested last time. Drive up revolt risk and grind manpower to 0 through long occupation, split off French nations. Instead we got the Pyrenees and independent Corsica for some reason. So, get ready for another war with France as soon as the truce is over. We barely bloodied their nose, they'll be coming back.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Frionnel posted:

Even if we hold the majority in that node, fact is we could be making even more if they left. It's undeniable that their caribbean colony is a serious blow to our coffers. We must take it.

Not at the moment, it isn't.

First of all, HERESY.

Second, this assumes that taking and holding those colonies costs less than what we would gain from them. A big assumption considering that it would involve fighting two major powers and their allies.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Slaan posted:

https://lpix.org/2791686/Ulama2.png

Sorry to say, but we can't build mosques in our colonies, as they are under the control of the colonial nation, we also can't convert them for the same reason, and colonies we make ourselves already start as our religion. The last part is doable, but the Taifa are already going to propose that.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Sorry to say, but we can't build mosques in our colonies, as they are under the control of the colonial nation, we also can't convert them for the same reason, and colonies we make ourselves already start as our religion. The last part is doable, but the Taifa are already going to propose that.

Goooonna swerve back to Knowledge is Half the Battle Act, then. I'm getting whiplash.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Yessod posted:

That's what we'd suggested last time. Drive up revolt risk and grind manpower to 0 through long occupation, split off French nations. Instead we got the Pyrenees and independent Corsica for some reason. So, get ready for another war with France as soon as the truce is over. We barely bloodied their nose, they'll be coming back.

I did do that, I had France mostly occupied for five or six years, and tons of rebels popped. The problem was most of them were either Aragonese separatists (land we wanted to take) or Noble rebels, and that's about it.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

paragon1 posted:

First of all, HERESY.

Second, this assumes that taking and holding those colonies costs less than what we would gain from them. A big assumption considering that it would involve fighting two major powers and their allies.

You'll find that Al-Andalus is very tolerant of all faiths, as of the last update :colbert:

You assume that we have to fight two major powers. A lot of things could happen in the future. For example, the alliance could be severed, or France could be caught in a bad war again and refuse to bail the Moroccans. When that happens, we would be missing a huge opportunity by not attacking. Rodyle's proposal specifically covers this.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I should probably have included taking Sardinia when that truce expires in the proposal.

Oh well, Sultan's prerogative.

Yessod posted:

I just don't want us expanding North because France is boring and trite. It still behooves us to weaken them though.

To my mind, I want us to eventually directly rule Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sardinia+Corsica, Sicily, and Naples.

E: in the case of North Africa this means mostly the coastal regions, we don't need big chunks of Sahara

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 19, 2017

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

That's interesting, because i find that a bit too blobby. I was thinking more Southern France + The other side of Gibraltar and that's it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean we're not here to NOT blob, we just have to blob in novel ways.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

paragon1 posted:

We probably do but that's besides the point. Trade income is calculated as Trade Value * Trade Power Share in the trade node we collect in. We want to have as close to 100% of the trade power in Sevilla as we can realistically get.

The situation in the Caribbean is a bit different, though. Morocco owns at least one of the two CoT's in there, and a good deal of the real estate, so they're probably a rival to us there. This doesn't matter so much in a way. Both Morocco and Al Andalus will send trade value to Sevilla. Their CN also gives Morocco more trade power in Sevilla though, and that's decidedly against our(my) interests of increasing profits.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Sorry to say, but we can't build mosques in our colonies, as they are under the control of the colonial nation,
But you can build in your colonial nations' provinces. Select the build tab, pick what you want to build, then scroll the map over to where your CNs are and you'll see that you can totally build there.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

Facts not in evidence. So far it has just lead to us getting turbofucked in a two front war. Because, get this, France is an existential threat to Al-Andalus that requires all our energy and focus to fight.

I'd say that the prospects of a two-front war depend on whether the navy is stronger than those of France and Morocco combined. If it is, you could just park it in the straits of Gibraltar while you beat up France and then go for Morocco.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

I did do that, I had France mostly occupied for five or six years, and tons of rebels popped. The problem was most of them were either Aragonese separatists (land we wanted to take) or Noble rebels, and that's about it.

Ah, got it. Bad luck on rebel draws then (or changes since I last played).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Session closed!:siren: Passed policies are the Colonial Loyalty and Security Act, the Southern Design Act, the Knowledge is Half the Battle Act, the renewed Made in al-Andalus Act, and the Final Leap Act.

All the submitted policies are perfectly valid, but the two Taifa policies are large and different enough that both almost certainly won't be done in a single session, so that's something to consider.

Frionnel posted:

Colonial Loyalty and Security Act
- Attack the realm of Tlapanec with the intent of seizing the entire Yucatán Peninsula.
- If it's possible to take even more, the Sultan is free to take any land he wishes, as long as the above point is fullfiled.
- The Sultan is also to attack the Chickasaw, with the goal of taking as much land as possible.
- Spend monarch points to develop our colony of Ibriz, with the intent of lowering Liberty Desire below 25%

Frionnel, The Bold Kobold, catlord, Soup du Jour, RZApublican, Wyvernil, Aeromancia.

Rodyle posted:

The Southern Design

Rodyle, Lord Cyrahzax, Technowolf, Luhood.

paragon1 posted:

Proposing the Go Home England, You're Drunk Act: Conquer and/or destroy England in North America.

paragon1.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose the Knowledge is Half the Battle Act
-Convert Navarra, then convert whatever is left in Aragon and corsica, pretty much everyone but our Dhimmi.
-Build a mosque in Navarra, if one is not already built.
-Give the Navarra province to the Ulema.
-Save a building spot, or bring up the development to allow a new one, doing so to put a University there when they become available.
Navarra is where the Printing Press spawned, which gives us +10% insitution spread. With this we can spread knowledge and the good word to all of the People of Al-andalus!

Ralepozozaxe, AJ_Impy, Vinny Possum, Erwin the German.

Slaan posted:

Slaan, devildragon777.

Crazycryodude posted:

Crazycryodude, Dance Officer, Mikl, Ikasuhito.

Zakrelo posted:

I propose the Final Leap Act
-With the goal of making Al-Andalus the sole power of Iberia,
-Invade Castille with the intention of forcing vassalization
-Use diplomats, gifts, "influence nation", and advisors to prevent the formation of a coalition on success of the war
-If despite the best efforts of the Sultan a dangerous coalition would be formed, at his discretion he can instead take monetary and minor land concessions

Zakrelo.