Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I can't believe some people read books without sounding out each and every word in their head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I just watched the most recent awful squad in it's entirety and gently caress Russ is real bad at games, but that sweet boy tries his heart out.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Monday: the McElroys goof about their appearance on @Midnight being so bad the show is cancelled.

Today:
https://twitter.com/hardwick/status/887532340657913856

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think it's pretty funny at this point. There was a point in this one where Russ had already died and was spectating someone and Justin is having an intense like "Oh gently caress, there's charlie in the trees! They're everywhere!!!!" moment and Russ makes absolutely no attempt to switch off the guy who's deciding which foregrip he wants. It's amusing to listen to the Awful Squad get totally demolished over the radio while Russ picks daisies.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Forget Russ, I want to hear more of Travis' 'Hel-lo! I was just eating some TRUFFLES!'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Do you all watch these streams live? Are they on Twitch or something? Once or twice I've thought "hey I'll check out these PUBG videos, I don't know what this game is all about" but they're all about two freaking hours long.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I think the chalice was actually a good justification for the personality switch. Taako was an amazing and famous transmutation wizard, then thought he messed up and killed a town. I can see him getting so down that he only sees himself as a dunce, a jester who amounts to nothing.

Then he learns it wasn't his fault and he's not stupid, and he steps out of his shell as the glamorous awesome wizard he once was.

Speaking of what happened to Taako, something I picked up on in the last couple TAZ episodes is how tragic Lucretia's decision was. Griffin has this big long sequence where he explains what Lucretia did and why, and how she set the whole team up with new lives after they forgot their pasts, and occasionally would visit Merle, Taako, and Magnus just to check in without letting them see her. It's supposed to be the one thing that keeps her going after seeing all the destruction that the Grand Relics caused. But what makes that a lot more tragic is knowing how each of those lives ended up: Merle was a deadbeat dad who left his wife and kids, Taako lost his show after being accused of killing a town, and Magnus lost everyone he loved because a mad governor destroyed it all. The one thing she tried to do right to give all of them peace ended up horribly too, and then in the end they remember all the stuff she made them forget anyway.

As goofy and comedy-oriented as it is, TAZ is a really sad story overall. :smith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

TACD posted:

Do you all watch these streams live? Are they on Twitch or something? Once or twice I've thought "hey I'll check out these PUBG videos, I don't know what this game is all about" but they're all about two freaking hours long.
They're on the Polygon Youtube channel when live. They get archived very soon afterwards.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

KoB posted:

the thing about most podcasts is that theres a new one every week, sometimes more. I already dont have time for all the ones I want to hear.

http://www.npr.org/sections/monkeysee/2011/04/21/135508305/the-sad-beautiful-fact-that-were-all-going-to-miss-almost-everything

evacuate meatspace
Jun 26, 2014

there is a monster at
the end of this thread
If Russ is streaming again next week, I might just consider the ep a podcast and tab to something else. There's really nothing to see unless he switches to spectator. I guess he worries too much about playing the actual game for an audience, when all anyone wants from him is to just point the camera at whatever everyone else is laughing about.

The youtube comments have really hammered this point lately. I wonder if it will have any impact. Polygon peeps are always talking about the comments.

Also, you guys are probably all over this already, but Griffin has a few test PUBG videos on his Twitch channel. Some good bonus material there, especially the one where the brothers end up in a 4 man squad with some rando. https://www.twitch.tv/griffinmcelroy/videos/all

Not Operator posted:

Russ aside, I could listen to Simone de Rochefort laugh forever. That breakdown she has after accidentally jumping out of the plane is incredible.

"I'm invisible..."
"Are you in first person?"
"...yes. hehHUAHEHEUA hEA HEAH"

she's the best :allears:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ElNarez posted:

Monday: the McElroys goof about their appearance on @Midnight being so bad the show is cancelled.

Today:
https://twitter.com/hardwick/status/887532340657913856

It's literally ending the week after their episode. Great job!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Well, I hope Jordan Morris lands on his feet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BABY JUSTIN

https://youtu.be/-420lBbaRkM

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I tried to introduce a friend to MBMBaM and he said he can't get past their laughs. I find their laughs completely infectious and when Justin or Griffin get into a giggle fit I can't help but laugh along with them regardless of what was said. Anyone else run into this? Is it a left brain right brain thing? Am I good?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

I tried to introduce a friend to MBMBaM and he said he can't get past their laughs. I find their laughs completely infectious and when Justin or Griffin get into a giggle fit I can't help but laugh along with them regardless of what was said. Anyone else run into this? Is it a left brain right brain thing? Am I good?

Pack his bags, move him away

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
got some ant gel from someone in my building who got it from an exterminator. according to amazon, it's a bait gel that ants take back to their colony that then murders the gently caress out of the colony.

the good news is, according to the many five star reviews, this gel is great at ant murder. the bad news is, according to the also many three star reviews, because it's bait, it draws out literally all of the ants. so you basically put this gel down and then you invite a biblical plague upon your house, just scores and scores and literal layers of ants on top of this gel, and then five days later you have a lot of ant corpses to clean up

so anyways i just bought a hand vacuum on amazon i guess

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Colonel Whitey posted:

:sever:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Just do what I do and get infested by house centipedes. No more ants! just horrifying many legged, extremely skittish bugs that run across your bare feet and make you want to die.

I'm assuming you posted in the wrong thread but gently caress centipedes

Sankis fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 19, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I meant to post that in the NYC thread where I had recently talked about my ant problem, but hey, you're welcome, McElroy thread that I never read because I'm super far behind on TAZ and don't want to get spoiled :(

KoB
May 1, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Speaking of what happened to Taako, something I picked up on in the last couple TAZ episodes is how tragic Lucretia's decision was. Griffin has this big long sequence where he explains what Lucretia did and why, and how she set the whole team up with new lives after they forgot their pasts, and occasionally would visit Merle, Taako, and Magnus just to check in without letting them see her. It's supposed to be the one thing that keeps her going after seeing all the destruction that the Grand Relics caused. But what makes that a lot more tragic is knowing how each of those lives ended up: Merle was a deadbeat dad who left his wife and kids, Taako lost his show after being accused of killing a town, and Magnus lost everyone he loved because a mad governor destroyed it all. The one thing she tried to do right to give all of them peace ended up horribly too, and then in the end they remember all the stuff she made them forget anyway.

As goofy and comedy-oriented as it is, TAZ is a really sad story overall. :smith:

Also, Davenport lost his mind, Barry was stuck in a cycle of repeated life and death, and Lup was just gone.

None of her friends turned out very well after her decision.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

abraham linksys posted:

got some ant gel from someone in my building who got it from an exterminator. according to amazon, it's a bait gel that ants take back to their colony that then murders the gently caress out of the colony.

the good news is, according to the many five star reviews, this gel is great at ant murder. the bad news is, according to the also many three star reviews, because it's bait, it draws out literally all of the ants. so you basically put this gel down and then you invite a biblical plague upon your house, just scores and scores and literal layers of ants on top of this gel, and then five days later you have a lot of ant corpses to clean up

same

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

abraham linksys posted:

As a real suggestions for this, next time look into the Andro stuff that comes in a little container, or put it in some sort of container yourself. Ants that die in the gel are kept in a little reservoir full of the stuff, and the ones that survive eating it are still able to make their way back out. They're pretty good.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

Justin's laugh especially is infectious as gently caress and your friend is broken, please replace. Absolutely can't help but at least crack a smile when they start really laughing at something.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Pack his bags, move him away

Build-a-Boar posted:

Justin's laugh especially is infectious as gently caress and your friend is broken, please replace. Absolutely can't help but at least crack a smile when they start really laughing at something.

This is a friend with dubious tastes to begin with but he presided my wedding ceremony and he's one of my oldest friends so I'm not going to sever just yet. This is going to count as two strikes for sure though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KoB posted:

Also, Davenport lost his mind, Barry was stuck in a cycle of repeated life and death, and Lup was just gone.

None of her friends turned out very well after her decision.

Also, the whole world will die if she goes through with her stupid shield plan.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Let's hope he gets the McElroy bump:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/williams-announces-bid-for-u-s-house-seat/article_ca2e880b-57c1-5445-81ec-ecb0563c5535.html

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I hope they still just go to visit him for poo poo in season 2, should it ever come to pass. Or that he still just appears on the show as the mayor.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Now it's open for our good sweet boys to run as Co-Mayors!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I can't wait for season 4, when they want him to use his presidential powers to make it legal to have sex with ghosts.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Griffin and Russ playing a game I've never heard of called GORN for 40 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRORbSwJQJA

*drops video into center of thread and backs away to observe reactions before watching any of it*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I can't wait for season 4, when they want him to use his presidential powers to make it legal to have sex with ghosts.

Finally, dogs will vote

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Colonel Whitey posted:

Your friend is an idiot.
When Griffin laughs so hard that it's barely audible but he claps a bunch is my favorite because I'm the same way.

It me. I'm that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My favorite Griffin laugh is the I-Genuinely-Can't-Tell-if-He's-Laughing-or-Sobbing laugh.

Sometimes it sounds legit painful.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
My favourite is-- which one is Griffin actually, I never remember.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The Thirty Under Thirty Media Luminary

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

timp posted:

Griffin and Russ playing a game I've never heard of called GORN for 40 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRORbSwJQJA

*drops video into center of thread and backs away to observe reactions before watching any of it*

It's good

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

My favourite is-- which one is Griffin actually, I never remember.

He's the one that you can tell apart from the other two.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I like whenever Justin laughs so long he just starts muttering "Stupid, stupid, this is a stupid show."

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Or, after the hardest I have ever heard him laugh, gasping "YOU DUMB PIECE OF poo poo" out at Travis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMH6iPJHnTM