Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
In the end Jon will have impregnated Dany and then sacrifice himself to save the humanity. Dany will rule Westors, Sansa Winterfell, Tyrion the Westerlands (and be hand again), Sam might get the Reach. In the books Sansa will marry the heir to the Vale and Rickon will get Winterfell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think that Bran sacrificing himself in some way that ensures that he remains as some eternal disembodied entity that keeps the peace between the walkers and humanity is one of the most telegraphed things about the whole narrative.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Come on the ending will all be about Jon\Dany teaching the night's king to be human again or some poo poo like that, GRRM is a hippie and the entire conflict is set up so that every side has legitimate and just grievances.

The show hasn't really had the hints about the zombies having a legit grievance, and the show is the only ending we're getting.

Note too, that is ALSO a Matrix ending that everyone hated where Neo sacrifices himself to make peace with the machines, who had legit reasons for doing what they did.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 19, 2017

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I think that Bran sacrificing himself in some way that ensures that he remains as some eternal disembodied entity that keeps the peace between the walkers and humanity is one of the most telegraphed things about the whole narrative.

You mean, like some kind of "lich king"?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The show had the scene where Leaf corrupts the Night's King, which actually hasn't appeared in the books yet.

Yeah the matrix ending seems about right for this narrative.

Westeros being a smoking heap of ruins with some of the remaining characters going "this was all pretty pointless, wasn't it?" seems right up GRRM's "bittersweet" alley.

Grrm's bittersweet alley.

gross.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

There's a lot they could do that I would hate as a general fan of the story but love as a bigger fan of drama and discord. Number one on that list would be never making the final season. Or Have Bran do literally nothing and his story was just a waste of time.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 19, 2017

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just release a Wikipedia style summary of the plot that scrolls by because that's what Season 6 was, aside from some horrible battles

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Grrm's bittersweet alley.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He plunged his fat pink mast into her bittersweet alley.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I hope dany and Jon tragically die and varys/Tyrion team up to rule as a dynamic duo

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Do you lie awake at night, fearing my bittersweet alley?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I hope we get to see giants gently caress.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I hope we get to see giants gently caress.

This but only one giant so it makes a half giant like Hagrid

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bran will die but the season finale cliff hanger will be him existing in a warg form

In the books Euron already had a fleet from his pirate days didn't he? Also Victarion had a fleet too. Hopefully like the book they all get destroyed off screen

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The season finale cliff hanger will be Bran hanging off a cliff, his legs hanging limply.

The cold open for next season's opener will be him finally falling to his death.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Did Jon ever let on what it's like being dead?

The book implies that he's going to survive by warging into Winter, and while there's hints of that in how they shot his resurrection it's not really clear where he went when he died. Like you think he'd mention "wow it was weird I turned into my dog lol."

I realize that hear on Earth when we die nothing happens except the cessation of consciousness but maybe in Westeros there's magic supernatural things!

My girlfriend is catching up as quick as she can and occasionally rake-stepping into a spoiler in an unrelated article or w/e, most recently that Jon died. I play it straight and don't further spoil her whenever this happens, so I say "well that would release him from his Night's Watch vows" and she thinks I'm just being a poo poo with that observation. :v:

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 19, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's going to be the wall falling and which ever dragon that died blowing ice flames or whatever.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yea it was loving great. Melisandre's all:

:j: "Did you meet the Lord of Light?"

and Jon's all:

:v: "No, death is just blackness and oblivion, your god is lie, lol thanks for the rez."

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean that used to not be a given with this series

The show is dumb schlock get used to it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The book implies that he's going to survive by warging into Winter, and while there's hints of that in how they shot his resurrection it's not really clear where he went when he died.

I realize that hear on Earth when we die nothing happens except the cessation of consciousness but maybe in Westeros there's magic supernatural things!

My girlfriend is catching up as quick as she can and occasionally rake-stepping into a spoiler, most recelty that Jon died. I play it straight and don't further spoil her whenever this happens, so I say "well that would release him from his Night's Watch vows" and she thinks I'm just being a poo poo with that observation. :v:

Think you mean Ghost, and he said it was just black.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Think you mean Ghost, and he said it was just black.

Yeah I misremembered the dog's name.

WampaLord posted:

Yea it was loving great. Melisandre's all:

:j: "Did you meet the Lord of Light?"

and Jon's all:

:v: "No, death is just blackness and oblivion, your god is lie, lol thanks for the rez."

Oh yeah, I remember that scene now.

Hey at least she doesn't have to be as jealous of Thoros being a 9th level cleric now that she can cast Raise Dead, too.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's going to be the wall falling and which ever dragon that died blowing ice flames or whatever.

it's great that there'sno possible way to have a dragon get killed yet they're going to do it anyways

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Night King gonna ice spear it. You mark my words. He may even cast it like a loving Final Fantasy spell.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I mean dragons aren't invincible, otherwise there would still be dragons.

Massed balistae fire from Euron's ten trillion ships could even do it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dragons are a complete game changer and can really only be killed by other dragons, like in that novella about the Green Queen or whatever, until they are simply butchered in their cells by the end of it by a mob (even if it was infiltrated and organized by the Maesters) with hand weapons

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Solice Kirsk posted:

Night King gonna ice spear it. You mark my words. He may even cast it like a loving Final Fantasy spell.

yeah I think so too. then he wont ever use that spell against any other dragon or against armies or whatever

and sure ballistas could hit a dragon, but not one flying around

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Remember the terrible Night's King CGI face at the end of Hardhome haha

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The dragon is gonna die off screen

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Zaphod42 posted:

Right, the big prophecy with Azor Ahai was that he had to sacrifice his wife to make the sword all super fire power, right?

So somebody on the good guy team is gonna get axed at the very end. Hence bittersweet. (and knowing GRRM its gonna be somebodies plural)

A few side characters and at least one of the Starks will survive. But beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if they start killing people off left and right for ratings.

Stannis burning Shireen is the Azor Ahai moment. Fake sword on Dragonstone, fake messiah, fake sacrifice.

mastershakeman posted:

it's great that there'sno possible way to have a dragon get killed yet they're going to do it anyways

Hit by the comet from Season 2/ACOK.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Phi230 posted:

The dragon is gonna die off screen

i would be so mad. they're already dialing back the ta tas you better not skimp on dragons

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Professor Shark posted:

Dragons are a complete game changer and can really only be killed by other dragons, like in that novella about the Green Queen or whatever, until they are simply butchered in their cells by the end of it by a mob (even if it was infiltrated and organized by the Maesters) with hand weapons

On the show, the dragons could certainly be killed by either twenty good men or the sons of the harpy.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I would have loved it if Cannibal, the only (?) dragon to survive The Dance of Dragons, emerged and ate one of Dany's dragons

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Dragons should be nearly invincible because I don't see artillery on Euron's ship. I can see the Night King killing one of them.

Whoever said "or else they'd still be around" well, the Dragons died out before from magic fading and also being kept in a tiny cell so that they were the size of dogs. These are not those dragons.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The Dragons should be nearly invincible because I don't see artillery on Euron's ship. I can see the Night King killing one of them.

Whoever said "or else they'd still be around" well, the Dragons died out before from magic fading and also being kept in a tiny cell so that they were the size of dogs. These are not those dragons.

Brave men killed all the dragons, actually.

It is known.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

At this point I'm looking forward to the spin off/s, the first of which will certainly be the Dunk and Egg Adventures, because it would be a return to No Magic and it sounds like no one involved in this series will be working on it

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dog sized dragons sound better than regular dragons. Imagine the tricks you could teach them

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The dog sized ones couldn't even fly or stand up iirc, the Maesters slowly killed them

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Dog sized dragons sound better than regular dragons. Imagine the tricks you could teach them

They also had hosed up skulls and couldn't breathe correctly. They were basically pugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

In the end Jon will have impregnated Dany and then sacrifice himself to save the humanity. Dany will rule Westors, Sansa Winterfell, Tyrion the Westerlands (and be hand again), Sam might get the Reach. In the books Sansa will marry the heir to the Vale and Rickon will get Winterfell.

I fell down a ALT SHIFT X youtube hole today as i have no work to do and it showed a clip from the house of the undying episode in the TV series that differed from the book in that it showed Dany "almost" touching the throne, and then walking away.

I kinda think thats a pretty big indicator that she wont actually get to rule as most stuff in the future in the visions happened to some extent and so its more than likely their clumsy way of foreshadowing that.

What im saying in conclusion is "WRITE THE drat BOOK YOU FAT TWAT"

Thanks for listening, dont forget to like and subscribe

• Locked thread