Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bicyclops posted:

Little things like that are some of the best laughs. During the Eegah! live show when the woman swims under the waterfall and they make a funny gurgling noise, I just about died laughing.

This was my favorite part of the Philly show. Jonah absolutely lost it at that line too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My favorite non-Petey Plane part of Skydivers is when the guy on the motorcycle drives past a barn but the perspective makes it look like he drove through it and the guys start making random animal noises.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The show in Royal Oak was pretty good. Only saw Eegah, and I never saw the original episode, so it was all fresh to me. Brought along a couple of friends who had never watched much MST3K before and hadn't seen the reboot at all. They found it just as funny as I did, except the 'Watch Out For Snakes' gag wore out for them super-fast and even the meta-comedy aspect wore thin very quickly.

Also Jonah hosed up his hands on the cheesegrater.

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 15, 2017

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

My favorite non-Petey Plane part of Skydivers is when the guy on the motorcycle drives past a barn but the perspective makes it look like he drove through it and the guys start making random animal noises.

"I'm lonely down there"

gregday
May 23, 2003

Just finished watching Carnival Magic and how the gently caress is that a movie? Was that a movie? I had the same question and Jonah and the bots at the end. Absolutely nothing connected or had any consequence at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gregday posted:

Just finished watching Carnival Magic and how the gently caress is that a movie? Was that a movie? I had the same question and Jonah and the bots at the end. Absolutely nothing connected or had any consequence at all.

Sometimes people convince other people to finance a movie and after all the money disappears up their nose they have to release something. I think this probably explains a lot of the 70s/80s movies they've riffed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

gregday posted:

Still my favourite riff of season 11: "Wow, guys, are those all real movies?" "Jonah, I'm not sure Carnival Magic is a real movie and we just watched it!"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I first saw Carnival Magic via TCM Underground and so when I heard it would be on the new MST I knew it would be a highlight.

It's the epitome of the low-budget movie that's the filmmaker giving a showcase to all his "talented" friends who need a big break. Someone really believed in all this.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The Ape of Naples posted:

"I'm lonely down there"

"Two zips and we're naked!"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Watching "The Loves of Hercules," part of my brain kept telling me, "Remember, these are Detective Olivia Benson's parents."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hi I'm Nick I'm a punchline tonight

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Live show rocks, mystery movie is fantastic.
Truthbomb they were sold out of the special cups, if some saint could grab one I'd pay ya

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 17, 2017

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I first saw Carnival Magic via TCM Underground and so when I heard it would be on the new MST I knew it would be a highlight.

It's the epitome of the low-budget movie that's the filmmaker giving a showcase to all his "talented" friends who need a big break. Someone really believed in all this.

Somehow I just love movies like this. I'd love to see them riff on Miami Connection as its similar to your description.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tikifire posted:

Somehow I just love movies like this. I'd love to see them riff on Miami Connection as its similar to your description.

Well, you're in luck!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I've watched the intro to this one like 3 times, and I giggle every time Bill throws out that line about being 'against the ninja'.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

I'll have to get that one. Very cool, thanks!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just noticed there's a Rifftrax Live of Time Chasers. Is... is it as good as I'm hoping it is? :ohdear:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

I just noticed there's a Rifftrax Live of Time Chasers. Is... is it as good as I'm hoping it is? :ohdear:

It doesn't suck from what I remember, but it's not their best either. It's cool to see the movie restored and uncut, though.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Of the live ones, nothing can beat Birdemic

The live version of Jack the Giant Killer is a great too.

Of the non-live RiffTrax, Balloon Land is by far my favorite since it such a bizarre excuse of a movie. It truly is a must see.

If you have Pluto TV app (or the website) which is free, the RiffTrax channel has the non-live version of Birdemic and Balloon Land.

I've heard some good things about the Last Slumber Party (which is in the rotation on Pluto TV), but I haven't caught it yet.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Last Slumber Party is amazing. I don't remember who first said it, but it's the "Guy from Harlem" of slasher flicks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

It doesn't suck from what I remember, but it's not their best either. It's cool to see the movie restored and uncut, though.

What was cut?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sash! posted:

What was cut?

Off the top of my head, I think they dropped an entire minor character—a bridge-and-tunnel-type cabdriver. There may have been more, but I can't remember.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Off the top of my head, I think they dropped an entire minor character—a bridge-and-tunnel-type cabdriver. There may have been more, but I can't remember.

You mean the guy from "Noo Yawk"?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
He comes from New York, New York. He's an actor.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Incidentally, if you buy the RiffTrax Live version of Samurai Cop, you get this bonus during the RiffTrax credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMzoRxx38qg

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

DivisionPost posted:

Yes, there's also an extended bicycle chase sequence in the un-cut version.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Wearing my sweet new Pod People shirt today. Thanks to whoever posted the link to those shirts a couple weeks ago.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

You mean the guy from "Noo Yawk"?

Ohhh I've always wondered why the mst3k version had that brief exchange in the cab.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We've got rumors!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MSTRevivalLeague/permalink/1329878727124881/

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uh?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Wanna share with those of us not in the group?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I forget, is that group not public?

Third-hand, possibly misheard, so Season 12 is 100% a go.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

mangler103 posted:

Wearing my sweet new Pod People shirt today. Thanks to whoever posted the link to those shirts a couple weeks ago.

:hfive:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Announce season 13 you sick bastards. Im jonesing for even more!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I believe that rumor. I can't seem to find it now, but Joel was interviewed about the tour recently, and someone asked him how Jonah can be on earth, given the end of last season. Joel said they would have more answers for that next season, and when the interviewer said, "So there's going to be a next season?" Joel said "Uh..... well.... we hope so, Netflix likes to make their own announcements" in this way that implied they'd gotten the green light but hadn't been given the go ahead to tell anyone yet.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Sitting in the SDCC show right now during intermission. Joel was noncommittal on another season at the start. Was hopeful of course.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God the live show was great. Joel acknowledged my existence during the Q&A at the start, so my life has been validated.

Just like the RiffTrax Samurai Cop live show they cut out the scene of Eegah's assaulting Roxy, which bothers me as a lovely movie completionist but I totally understand because there were a lot of young kids at the show and even what they left in was pretty uncomfortable.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 22, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

I believe that rumor. I can't seem to find it now, but Joel was interviewed about the tour recently, and someone asked him how Jonah can be on earth, given the end of last season. Joel said they would have more answers for that next season, and when the interviewer said, "So there's going to be a next season?" Joel said "Uh..... well.... we hope so, Netflix likes to make their own announcements" in this way that implied they'd gotten the green light but hadn't been given the go ahead to tell anyone yet.

I'm starting to think they want to have all the movie rights hammered out before they announce. It would explain the long delay.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PostNouveau posted:

I'm starting to think they want to have all the movie rights hammered out before they announce. It would explain the long delay.

It's also likely a matter of finding a sweet spot for the budget, because now they're at Netflix's mercy: They don't have $6 million in crowdfunding money to offset costs this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Timby posted:

It's also likely a matter of finding a sweet spot for the budget, because now they're at Netflix's mercy: They don't have $6 million in crowdfunding money to offset costs this time around.

And frankly, they could probably benefit from a little more given that it would likely buy them some room for the host segments.