Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Why the long face David?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
GUESSS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

quote:

I’m not going to tell you that Christian Pulisic’s performance in today’s Borussia Dortmund-AC Milan friendly—in which he conjured two assists, won a penalty, and eeled his way past famously big and bad Serie A defenders more times than you could count—means that the Wonderteen is primed to take the leap from solid and promising young prospect to legitimate and inarguable superstar this year, nor that his impending breakout 20 goals and 20 assists will make him a shock inclusion on the next Ballon d’Or podium, and definitely not that, behind this silky American’s talents, Dortmund are practically a lock for the league-cup-Champions League treble.

A one hundred and seven word sentence. About a friendly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Big and bad serie a defenders like noted clowns Cristian Zapata, Gabi Paletta and Gustavo Gomez.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
If that thing was properly broken up into a couple sentences it would still be worthy of this thread.

He wants it both ways, to gush about Pulisic so USMNT people can finish, and to say "hey, I said I'm NOT saying this."

gently caress off

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
my favourite part is when he uses "eel" as a verb

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
e: wrong thread

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

As sensible as PSG’s interest is (of course a mega-rich club like PSG would want to buy the second-best player in the world) and as arguably understandable as Neymar’s reported concerns are (it is no doubt amazing to watch Messi and Neymar and Luis Suárez all line up in the same side, but it’s also something of a shame that, for instance, the Barça version of Suárez has been a much more limited player than the all-around tornado that was the Liverpool edition, and that Neymar isn’t given the freedom to fully flex at Barça the way he is when playing for Brazil), and even if all the reports that PSG would pay the money and that Neymar would leave are true, there’s still Barcelona’s interest to contend with.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/90min_Football/status/887681662242484224

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm not clicking that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

As sensible as PSG’s interest is (of course a mega-rich club like PSG would want to buy the second-best player in the world) and as arguably understandable as Neymar’s reported concerns are (it is no doubt amazing to watch Messi and Neymar and Luis Suárez all line up in the same side, but it’s also something of a shame that, for instance, the Barça version of Suárez has been a much more limited player than the all-around tornado that was the Liverpool edition, and that Neymar isn’t given the freedom to fully flex at Barça the way he is when playing for Brazil), and even if all the reports that PSG would pay the money and that Neymar would leave are true, there’s still Barcelona’s interest to contend with.

This makes me so angry. It's loving impossible to read.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

This makes me so angry. It's loving impossible to read.

Good god he is the worst writer

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 20, 2017

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

one of the least funny things I've ever seen

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sorry it's a Facebook link, but yeah

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155631515129914&id=108803784913

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's been taken down, what was it?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A one hundred and seven word sentence. About a friendly.

One hundred and twenty-three:

Their explanation of Neymar’s thinking had to do with money (PSG are set to double what he currently makes at Barça, a salary the Catalan club cannot match), with his desire to escape Messi’s shadow (the biggest reason, they claim, and the one that makes the most sense), and with him wanting to play with some of his Brazilian buddies (PSG already have Brazil national team regulars Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, and Marquinhos on their roster, while Globo says Neymar was upset that Barça didn’t bring in any of the players he recommended they sign this summer including Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, Paulinho from China, and Lucas Lima from Santos—the latter two which would’ve been absolutely bizarre and terrible additions to the club).

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

De Gea looks like an FM17 regen.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Their explanation of Neymar’s thinking had to do with money (PSG are set to double what he currently makes at Barça, a salary the Catalan club cannot match), with his desire to escape Messi’s shadow (the biggest reason, they claim, and the one that makes the most sense), and with him wanting to play with some of his Brazilian buddies (PSG already have Brazil national team regulars Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, and Marquinhos on their roster, while Globo says Neymar was upset that Barça didn’t bring in any of the players he recommended they sign this summer including Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, Paulinho from China, and Lucas Lima from Santos—the latter two which would’ve been absolutely bizarre and terrible additions to the club).

There's more words in parentheses than not.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Any time you're using even one set of parentheses in formal writing (like, say, an article that will be publicly posted online) you should consider revising your sentence to eliminate them. Three in one sentence is loving abysmal, I would have strong words with an undergrad who handed in a paper like that.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Lol nicely done.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I would love City and Chelsea to jump in. Offer 100 mil. When VVD fucks them off, where are Southampton then? Up poo poo creek. I doubt they will though. Agents talk to agents talk to clubs. VVD wants Liverpool. We want him. So what Southampton are 40 mil down on our offer. Arsed. Do they give a gently caress about his wishes? They will invite us back in soon enough, otherwise, their reputation for developing players to then move up is in tatters. Players will go, gently caress that, let's try Watford or Bournemouth or Huddersfield Town. It's over for the strike breaking twats. Do the loving deal and move on to the next manager

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Any time you're using even one set of parentheses in formal writing (like, say, an article that will be publicly posted online) you should consider revising your sentence to eliminate them. Three in one sentence is loving abysmal, I would have strong words with an undergrad who handed in a paper like that.

I don't know what's worse, that or using footnotes like Bill Simmons

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Ronald...

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://streamable.com/7095r

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

https://twitter.com/BigSportGB/status/889229723397758976

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Somehow less embarrassing than Drake coming out with the ball in Houston

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Was he there for the Ronald McDonald house? If so it's not too embarrassing imo.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A review of the Ireland team on the ticketmaster.ie website:

1/5 Stars
RESISTANCE WAS FUTILE
Aviva Stadium
- Dublin
- Fri 12 Oct 2012
Posted 15/10/2012
by dammul This Fan's Reviews

The last Ireland match I attended at the Aviva was in May of this year when we headed off to the Euros with victory in glorious sunshine over Bosnia. It was a friendly game and the attendance was small. But good weather and the exciting prospect of taking part in the Summers European Soccer festival had every one in good mood. Well we all know what happened in Poland in June. The credibility of Irish soccer dived faster than Luis Suarez on the edge of the six yard box and many called for Trapattoni to call it a day. Il' Gaffer did not resign though. Why would he when he gets paid 1.4 million a year to basically stand on the sideline and whistle at players. Sadly two of our favourite players did hang up their international boots.Shay Given and Damien Duff decided to concentrate on what is left of their club careers and there was much speculation that our captain, Robbie Keane would do the same. Now, we already knew what teams we would face in the World Cup 2014 qualification group even before the Euro disaster. Most fans were pleased to get the furthest trip against Kazakhstan out of the way first. I watched that game via the Al Jazeriah TV network on my brother's laptop in Germany. Along with some German friends of my brothers, I watched Germany grab an unconvincing win 3-0 against the Faeroe Islands. All the talk amongst my self and my new found German friends was about how the match between our two countries in Dublin would play out. As soon as I returned to Dublin, I bought a ticket for the game. Injury worries hit the Ireland squad in the run up to the game. But the Germans were without some of their key players too. It was a perfect evening for football, dry and cool with little breeze. The Aviva looked almost full as kick off approached. Having endured the nerve jangling rendition of both national anthems by a pipe band, I settled to enjoy the game. Ireland started brightly. We seemed to be trying to take the game to Germany. Walters made a nuisance of himself and won a few interesting free kicks. A couple of corners gave us more cause for hope. A through ball from Aiden Mc Geady caught the German defence flat footed and presented Walters with a half chance. Bit by bit though, the Germans crept back into the game. By the twenty minute mark they were shifting the ball and making us chase. Before we knew it, it was all Germany. John O Shea was caught in possession in his own penalty area. German winger Marco Reus robbed him. Suddenly, Reus was was tumbling over and the ref was racing towards the incident. A penalty surely. But no! Astonishingly, Reus was booked for diving. It was perhaps poetic justice that the same Marco Reus latched onto some woeful defending in our own penalty area and slammed home the game's opening goal in the 32nd minute. It was a soft goal and I expected a reaction from our players. On forty minutes however, came the game's outstanding moment. The Germans won possession down at the corner flag in their own half. Three sweeping passes later Marco Reus fired a delicious shot right in the bottom corner of Westwood's goal. All I could do was clap and say what a goal that was. Around me, apathy was turning to annoyance. The optimistic were hoping we could grab a goal before half time. It didn't look likely though. At half time there was a sense of gloom around the Aviva. Early in the second half we put some moves together. More half chances were created and a glimmer of hope could be heard in the support of the crowd. But then we saw Klose hit the ground in our penalty area and Darren O Dea look sheepishly at his team mates and the ref. Looking at it on the television later, the tackle was more Jimmy O Dea than Darren O Dea. Mesut Oezil smashed home the peno and the contest was finished. Minutes later, Klose rounded a stranded Westwood and, from an seemingly impossible angle, finished magnificently. That was the cue for many to leave their seats and exit the stadium. Germany slowed the pace down now. At times, it appeared as though they did not really want to humiliate us in our own back yard. They brought on Tony Kroos and on 61 minutes he just had to volley home a ball that was begging to be hit. In the upper South stand there were groans and shaking heads everywhere. However, these only came from the people still actually watching the game. Unbelievably, grown men had taken to throwing peanuts down at the people in the front rows. Some kids were throwing stuff too. But, I distinctly saw a man in his forties engaging in this chimp like behavior. Eventually, the people at the front became irate and called over a steward. The yellow jacketed official scanned the upper rows for signs of the peanut throwers. No more peanuts flew. On the pitch Germany were walking about with the football trying to find ways of not scoring. In the 83rd minute, super sub, Kroos got bored and, having strolled across our penalty area unchallenged, he unleashed an unstoppable shot into our net. I clapped again and was struck on the hand with a small harmless, unidentified object thrown from behind. By now the stadium was less than half full. Only masochists and Germans remained. The masochists, myself included, were rewarded with an injury time header from Andy Keogh. The goal brought quite a cheer from the remaining spectators. This cheer was still ringing when the ref blew the final whistle. I'd expected loud boos at the games conclusion but the late goal probably saved Trapattoni and the team from that ignominy. There was no chorus of the "Fields of Athenry". Apparently, we only sing when were being humiliated on foreign soil.

Favourite moment: Germany's second goal

0 of 1 found this review helpful.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
"Only masochists and Germans remained." would make a nice PWM title

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

julian assflange posted:

I distinctly saw a man in his forties engaging in this chimp like behavior

ch... chuggo?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Rosenborg fans are pissed that Celtic haven't sold the TV rights to the game on Wednesday so they are trying to come up with a banner to show their displeasure

http://www.rbkweb.no/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7840&start=275

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

jre posted:

Rosenborg fans are pissed that Celtic haven't sold the TV rights to the game on Wednesday so they are trying to come up with a banner to show their displeasure

Wrong thread these are awesome

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Tough, but if I have to choose I vote #1

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jre posted:

Lmao some mega av material here

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

jre posted:

Lol wrong thread

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm going to get one as an AV tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

julian assflange posted: