Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
My first game was a join in progress, and we mercy'd the other team.

https://youtu.be/RCLSLkKeh0w

Lots of bads playing last night. 4 stacks are where we had the most trouble. Pvp is fun, but someone in this thread already mentioned Bungie has succeeded in making it sweatier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AAB posted:

I'm curious what world some of you have been living in to be so shocked that bungie has a super limited beta for balancing and teasing of content. Especially after they've been putting out for weeks how most of this poo poo was gonna be and what they were trying to do.

We couldn't believe Bungie was so stupid but we honestly forgot that they shipped the Taken King with that rng.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hrm sounds like pvp is p bad, massive overcorrection

You're going to like it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am having way too much fun on Nessus.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 19, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Legs Benedict posted:

just the bottom set of 4 skills, otherwise they're complete

I don't think this is true. Reason being that for Gunslingers specifically, you have the skill tree in the upper right named "Way of the Outlaw", and within it is the perk for 6 golden gun shots, BUT has shorter duration. To me, this implies there will be other skill trees, let's call them "Way of the Cone" where you can have your 3 shot golden gun, and "Way of the Mongoloid" where you have a single powerful shot. They already said they withholding some things until September, and I think this is the most obvious example. I don't think the perks will be selectable within those trees, I think you'll have to choose one "Way of" tree and live with all the perks under it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

My first game was a join in progress, and we mercy'd the other team.

https://youtu.be/RCLSLkKeh0w

Lots of bads playing last night. 4 stacks are where we had the most trouble. Pvp is fun, but someone in this thread already mentioned Bungie has succeeded in making it sweatier.

I also had a join in progress where I joined a 3v4 and we were losing ~20-50, and we came back. Fuckin felt good, man. Shaxx all like, "THAT WAS A COMEBACK FOR THE AGES!!"

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

the good fax machine posted:

I don't think this is true. Reason being that for Gunslingers specifically, you have the skill tree in the upper right named "Way of the Outlaw", and within it is the perk for 6 golden gun shots, BUT has shorter duration. To me, this implies there will be other skill trees, let's call them "Way of the Cone" where you can have your 3 shot golden gun, and "Way of the Mongoloid" where you have a single powerful shot. They already said they withholding some things until September, and I think this is the most obvious example. I don't think the perks will be selectable within those trees, I think you'll have to choose one "Way of" tree and live with all the perks under it.

I think that's what he was saying. You can pick between the two(?) ways made up of four set perks, and then tweak class ability, grenade and jump, but that's it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's more build customization but I think that'll all take place on the equipment tab.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TakeMeHaya/status/887467690670948353

lmao

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well at least Angry Magic works now

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
holy poo poo lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Truth Bomb

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

You're going to like it

Towards the end the only enjoyable pvp was private matches with bros. there, goofy lag and other bullshit was funny.

Unless they have really, really reworked core networking stuff, this sounds like all the bad dumb stuff turned to 11, all the fun dumb stuff turned down to 4, but hey we also took out private matches.

4v4s every match will be trials or worse, just like 3s by the end of D1

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Roman posted:

Well at least Angry Magic works now

Very Angry Magic

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have 3000 hours into D1. It's a garbage weapon type, disregarding MIDAs complete superiority to literately every other scout.

poo poo weapons bro

Looks like someone never picked up a perfectly rolled, full auto DIS-43 from the gunsmith!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Uhh yeah he did. And also a dis 47

They were fun but never the true big dog gun

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the only 3 scouts worth a drat were Mida, Burning Eye and Dostant Star. And they were situational. A good hand cannon user would eat your rear end up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I loving loved my dis 47 but I'd lose in 1v1s all the time

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

I loving loved my dis 47 but I'd lose in 1v1s all the time

Actually replace this with all guns

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Moist is a national treasure, horrible at the game but always gets invites because people want the orbs.

Need a statue made.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Why play a assault 20 minutes and maybe get something, maybe nothing, maybe a weapon you already have. When you can idle in pvp 10 min and get a random weapon.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

Why play a assault 20 minutes and maybe get something, maybe nothing, maybe a weapon you already have. When you can idle in pvp 10 min and get a random weapon.

I wonder if mercy rule control parties could be a thing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You're ineligible for post game drops if you have zeroes across the board.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MarshyMcFly posted:

Looks like someone never picked up a perfectly rolled, full auto DIS-43 from the gunsmith!

Sure did and its garbage compared to nearly every meta shift that happened in TTK and RoI. I've used that same D43 a ton in crucible and do well with it but I can guarantee its lowering my full game lethality a ton and my total kill counts suffer. And 100% of that "success" is just catching moron blueberries not keeping cover close in open arenas like Black Shield.

Reasons all scouts are garbage in D1
D1 was an incredibly lethal experience in the close/mid ranges. There isn't a scout in the game with a competitive TTK that you can actually use inside of those ranges. Period.
D1's movement is crazy fast. If I'm going against some dunce and his god rolled D43 I'm going to close that gap before that person ever has the time to get the 4 tap off to kill me.

Scouts in PvE are just about the most boring things in an already boring experience

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol the only 3 scouts worth a drat were Mida, Burning Eye and Dostant Star. And they were situational. A good hand cannon user would eat your rear end up.

if you're using a mida and you die to a handcannon user quite frankly lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how do u all like it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The FWC scout with firefly is pretty good times in PvE. Until a good gun falls into your lap anyways. I used it a lot before I got my genesis chain.

And MIDA is still pretty decent in crucible, you just gotta control your engagement distance.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

eonwe posted:

how do u all like it

im happy and would be more than happy to tell u why on discord so these salty boys don't call me a casual

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you're using a mida and you die to a handcannon user quite frankly lmao

This is why every single person in high level games uses the mida luna/pali

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So how was the Xbone population for Destiny 1? Any goon groups?

I recently switched from PS4 to bone after my launch unit finally bit the dust.

I would post my gamertag but I cannot remember it right now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There were no xbone players, let alone a "krew" or anything.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Towards the end the only enjoyable pvp was private matches with bros. there, goofy lag and other bullshit was funny.

Unless they have really, really reworked core networking stuff, this sounds like all the bad dumb stuff turned to 11, all the fun dumb stuff turned down to 4, but hey we also took out private matches.

4v4s every match will be trials or worse, just like 3s by the end of D1

They didn't, games in the evening on the west coast were still starting unfilled with long queues, you still get shot through walls, and now they only show you your own connection because Bungie are a bunch of cowards who would rather just keep lying to players about their matchmaking than fix it and decided to just take away peoples' easiest ability to take a quick look and go "ah, there's some bullshit."

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I'm seeing that the instructions for the strike during the Inverted Spire don't disappear after a while and instead stay onscreen the whole time. I don't like that.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm honestly confused as to why Destiny won't nut up and kick people from matches if they are playing from a cruise ship or borneo or whatever

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
More random thoughts:
- They nerfed melee too hard and need to re-buff it by like 30%. Grenades were always the bigger problem in D1, melee was only an issue due to Nightstalker smokes, and they can deal with those individually. Shoulder charge is basically a trap now.
- They need to add at least 2 more Power Ammo spots to each map. The fact that only 1 person gets the ammo and there's only 2 spots on each map means most matches end with most players never getting to use their power weapon.
- Choosing to hide the connection quality of everyone in the match but you is loving pathetic. Bungie just wants to avoid complaints of matches full of red-bars, and this seems like a coward's way to create plausible deniability.
- Fusions are probably the best heavy in the game now. They still 1-shot at like mid range, you get 6 bullets per pickup which is NUTS, and due to the slower ttk, I can just stand there and charge shot guys while they unload into me.
- They need to fix Competitive to accommodate for people leaving teams during matches. Having to play out the rest of the match 3 to 4 or 2 to 4 without anyone else being able to join back in is terrible.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm honestly confused as to why Destiny won't nut up and kick people from matches if they are playing from a cruise ship or borneo or whatever

people have been weaponizing their lovely connections in bungie games since halo 2. this is not going to change until they nut up, accept their network architecture is not working for a competitive environment, and get servers, which will not happen.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

eonwe posted:

how do u all like it

Its p good but the beta is too drat stingy with content to really get a good feel of the final product.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That's why I'm so annoyed they are doubling down on the competitive aspect of pvp.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if the story missions don't amount to like 30 and the strike content isn't at least 20 then this game will be garbage. I remember at one time there were only like 6 or 7 strikes on the "official playlist" for Destiny 1 (the older ones never got put into the "official" playlists at higher difficulties) and thinking "what a rotten loving deal."

qbert posted:

- Choosing to hide the connection quality of everyone in the match but you is loving pathetic. Bungie just wants to avoid complaints of matches full of red-bars, and this seems like a coward's way to create plausible deniability.
- Fusions are probably the best heavy in the game now. They still 1-shot at like mid range, you get 6 bullets per pickup which is NUTS, and due to the slower ttk, I can just stand there and charge shot guys while they unload into me.
- They need to fix Competitive to accommodate for people leaving teams during matches. Having to play out the rest of the match 3 to 4 or 2 to 4 without anyone else being able to join back in is terrible.

sounds like they learned literally nothing from the last 3 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Destiny 2: Destiny 1.1