Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Old Story posted:

i expected him to accomplish at least a few of the things he promised

you trusted DOnald loving Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Old Story posted:

i don't expect him to be impeached, i expected him to accomplish at least a few of the things he promised, which he hasn't, and so it seems to me that he's not fine

if fine means "still president" that's a pretty fuckin low bar to set

why don't you save this for the halfway point and not 7 months in

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
who is fine, lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

Probably the same reason you guys all claim new Russia info is "nothing" 2 hours after their reveals

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

VikingSkull posted:

understand i dont want Trump's ideas to be enacted, i just think that using his own promises as a benchmark of "fine" is fair

Trump promised repeatedly he'd have a bunch of his major policy changes in place in a few months as I recall

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Probably the same reason you guys all claim new Russia info is "nothing" 2 hours after their reveals

Bernie would have won

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

What the gently caress is the "alt-left"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

Bernie would have won

But he didn't.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
well he has done a few of his proposed ideas, so far, like putting the kibosh on TPP and putting in office a new Supreme Court justice, and a few other smaller things

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Bholder posted:

A lovely name

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bholder posted:

you are

I hope you're happy

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The alt-left are brokebrains who can't deal with how stupid everyone is laughing like Mark Hamill joker all day calling everybody retards. I know from experience.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Old Story posted:

understand i dont want Trump's ideas to be enacted, i just think that using his own promises as a benchmark of "fine" is fair

Trump promised repeatedly he'd have a bunch of his major policy changes in place in a few months as I recall

I will end ISIS in 30 days!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

you are

I hope you're happy

I thought we berners were the alt left

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

an early piece of the democrats strategy to loose 2020.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
trump actually has a pretty decent performance record so far, considering that (1) he has no experience in government and sucks at politics, and more importantly, (2) everyone in the government outside his own family wants him dead or out of office, even if they won't admit it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

I thought we berners were the alt left

no we're sane people

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol

also

The alt-left don't exist, unless you consider 4chan desperately fabricating a bunch of facebook groups in diametric opposition to their faux-neoconservative naziist holdings an, "ideology."

It's literally just a series of Facebook groups to make it look like Kommunism is making a Komeback™, and hopefully attract freshly-angry liberals from the 2016 election into radicalizing and saying seditious poo poo on the internet to attract the attention of the authorities.

To my study so far, the only people who have "taken this bait" on this are 99% bored AP World History/Debate nerds that enjoy trolling obvious alt-right/4chan/whatever sock puppet accounts on the various demerits of the ideologies of a bunch of dead Eastern European dictators. See: Hoxha

The sad part is that this means Steve Bannon was actually so erect for justifying his impotent cuckold hatred of everything in the world that he got /b/ to be his personal army.

Truly, meme magic at work.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 19, 2017

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Zippy the Bummer posted:

trump actually has a pretty decent performance record so far, considering that (1) he has no experience in government and sucks at politics, and more importantly, (2) everyone in the government outside his own family wants him dead or out of office, even if they won't admit it

man the presidency of america isn't the special olympics! he's a Republican president with full party control of everything! what the gently caress!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Old Story posted:

man the presidency of america isn't the special olympics! he's a Republican president with full party control of everything! what the gently caress!

Yeah if only there were some warning signs or something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Trump has successfully gutted the EPA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That's really bad but he did say he was going I do it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Waffle House posted:

lol

also

The alt-left don't exist, unless you consider 4chan desperately fabricating a bunch of facebook groups in diametric opposition to their faux-neoconservative naziist holdings an, "ideology."

It's literally just a series of Facebook groups to make it look like Kommunism is making a Komeback™, and hopefully attract freshly-angry liberals from the 2016 election into radicalizing and saying seditious poo poo on the internet to attract the attention of the authorities.

To my study so far, the only people who have "taken this bait" on this are 99% bored AP World History/Debate nerds that enjoy trolling obvious alt-right/4chan/whatever sock puppet accounts on the various demerits of the ideologies of a bunch of dead Eastern European dictators. See: Hoxha

The sad part is that this means Steve Bannon was actually so erect for justifying his impotent cuckold hatred of everything in the world that he got /b/ to be his personal army.

Truly, meme magic at work.

lol your entire worldview is "4chan is out to get me"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trump has successfully reduced the size of govt by not appointing thousands of empty positions that were deemed necessary in all prior administrations, then blaming the Ds for not approving them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

Trump has successfully gutted the EPA

Finally, we move closer to death. Personally, I welcome it.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

There really is nothing going on behind those eyes

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
that's real and was from yesterday

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
First he's colluding with Russia now he's not doing anything!! Make to your minds!!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

he's not doing anything except colluding with russia (and also golfing) (and gargling pee) (piss tape is real)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

VikingSkull posted:

lol your entire worldview is "4chan is out to get me"

What's even more embarassing is that the harder 4chan reaches to offend the general public via rage-inducing clickbait, the worse the memes are going to get. The image sequence posted a few pages ago with the purple haired girl telling the dude with the beret to shoot up a grocery store? That take on mental instability? loving incomprehensible.

I had no idea what that was a take on, and I'm supposedly your "garden variety liberal" or whatever. It literally had to be explained to me. Some other "friend" of mine keeps trying out memes like this:

Like this is literally just "I don't like women so I'm going to make fun of them on the internet." None of these 'jabs' mean anything to me, or anyone I know. It's obvious that some dude is just bitter about getting rejected by a particular girl, probably somewhere in the Pacific Northwest from the look of it, and so you get garbage-tier poo poo like this. Pure incel bullshit.

The further 4chan chases the dragon on offending people, the stupider the image macros are going to get. The above image is proof positive. As the already-tenuous logical positions get more convoluted, the memes by nature will become more and more backflippy and inscrutable to the people that they're supposed to "offend" into rageclicking or rage-posting.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 19, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The oisstape needs to be released so the alt right can start gargling piss on video to show it's fine

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Waffle House posted:

What's even more embarassing is that the harder 4chan reaches to offend the general public via rage-inducing clickbait, the worse the memes are going to get. The image sequence posted a few pages ago with the purple haired girl telling the dude with the beret to shoot up a grocery store? That take on mental instability? loving incomprehensible.

I had no idea what that was a take on, and I'm supposedly your "garden variety liberal" or whatever. It literally had to be explained to me. Some other "friend" of mine keeps trying out memes like this:

Like this is literally just "I don't like women so I'm going to make fun of them on the internet." None of these 'jabs' mean anything to me, or anyone I know. It's obvious that some dude is just bitter about getting rejected by a particular girl, probably somewhere in the Pacific Northwest from the look of it, and so you get garbage-tier poo poo like this. Pure incel bullshit.

The further 4chan chases the dragon on offending people, the stupider the image macros are going to get. The above image is proof positive. As the already-tenuous logical positions get more convoluted, the memes by nature will become more and more backflippy and inscrutable to the people that they're supposed to "offend" into rageclicking or rage-posting.

memes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

literally

Look man I'm just here to tell you that you guys are tanking your own meme economy. Those rare pepes aren't worth what they were in 2016. Better hope they were a good long-term investment. :v:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

Your friend hates succulents?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Waffle House posted:

im trying to remember the era when 4chan memes were logical and comprehensible to normies and I'm drawing a blank.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For people obsessed with memes why are they so bad at it?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Your friend hates succulents?

I guess?! This guy I know on my Facebook buddy list who can vomit /pol/ doctrine like a champ sent it to me, I think his MO here is to "tests the waters" with me as an audience if he's the creator, I think just to see if it triggers me or something.

I still have no idea what I'm looking at other than, "Some incel on 4chan got rejected by a hipster girl who was wearing mustard yellow and made a meme about it." Maybe you can explain this to me, Extra Large Marge.

Who What Now posted:

For people obsessed with memes why are they so bad at it?

v:confused:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Nice meltdown!

• Locked thread