Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The counter to spawn is, sadly, the same thing that counters my poor Carabosse. Wards, a shitload of health gain, and non-targetted wipes. (Haven)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dropping naoise + tribunal on a t6 spawn gets me a little hard not gonna lie

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The semi-aggro Carabosse deck I stole from Reddit or Gamepress and have been playing does use Mask and it has actually stolen me a couple wins, including one against Spawn. Here's that deck, since I realized just now I never linked it when we were talking about Carabosse before:

Unrelated, but I just got done with a super frustrating session where I was going for 7 ranked wins for a daily, got 6 easily, then lost like 10+ in a row bouncing between Burn Rune, that Carabosse deck, and Seraph. The mulligans and topdecks just completely left me for that stretch.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Have you been getting any mileage out of Vampire's kiss? I've been finding that it sort of sucks poo poo now with all the buffs floating around and a lot of minions having 3 health

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jimmy Hats posted:

The counter to spawn is, sadly, the same thing that counters my poor Carabosse. Wards, a shitload of health gain, and non-targetted wipes. (Haven)
That doesn't actually counter spawn. Myth busted.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I'd imagine that the vampires kisses are still great against 2 drops in general.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jimmy Hats posted:

Have you been getting any mileage out of Vampire's kiss? I've been finding that it sort of sucks poo poo now with all the buffs floating around and a lot of minions having 3 health

Like Yukari said, they can still be pretty good early on, and they're not completely dead later since 2 health healed can be pretty significant. There are also times on turn 4 going second where something like Lyrial + Kiss has helped me retake a board in much the same way Lyrial + Tove would. Whether you keep them early on is gonna depend a lot on the opponent (Tove, Haven not having early stuff in general). I could see them being cut but I'm not sure there's really a great alternative out there that covers both the damage and the healing Kiss provides.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

That doesn't actually counter spawn. Myth busted.

if i draw well with seraph it feels very solid vs spawn. the issue is it bricks more easily and you can end up without the early game you need and get blown out.

one match vs blood last night i didnt draw seraph until i had 8 cards left and i was in control the entire time

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol, spawn shits on your lousy wards. Haha, wards. And pffft to health gain!

There are 3 things that kinda, sorta "counter" spawn

1) Extreme pressure
2) Removal (Themis, Mutagenic, Necro-stuff, Bahamut's fat rear end)
3) A faster spawn <-- I guess this is the actual counter, haha.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 12, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

khawy is also pretty good

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

khawy is also pretty good

He's included in necro-stuff.

I play that match-up quite often (on both sides) and shadow has indeed a good chance of winning. Going first is the most important thing, of course. I would say it is 55/45 in favor of blood.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, this expansion has so many loving fun decks, but neutral blood is so much better than anything else that it's just silly. And if cygames are idiots and they nerf only the blood cards then haven will stomp on everybody else like cockroaches, since the Tove plus Cat/Spawn bullshit is the only thing keeping that deck in check.

Fairyapocalypse, once you have somehow established a Ephemera beachhead it's hilarious.

Hey, let's play!... Make yourself useful... You can get this one!... I will shine!
Hey, let's play!... Make yourself useful... You can get this one!... I will shine!

And so on.

Shadow didn't get much love but the newer versions of Neph are great fun. I just took on a guy who got all three spawns off (and once managed to hit my face with one) before I had filled the board with Mordecais (Usher of Styx is a great way to replenish your Khawy or Mordecai stock, you have too many shadows anyways). And there is all sorts of nice synergies with the new cards but they are all just too slow right now.

Elana is also great fun, and so is control blood, some of the funkier versions of earthrite rune, and neutral roach. Even sword got silly ephemera decks (Funny how a neutral is a better ninja than every ninja in the class).

Shame you cannot really play 80% of them on ranked.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
http://sv.bagoum.com/cards/BladedHedgehog

Check out the audio, you can hear it chewing on the sword.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Carrot/Hamsa Windmill is the most hilarious Dragon deck I've ever played. I don't have any Uriels, so I've been using Dragon Emissary to search it out where only it and Draconic Fervor are my cards above 5 mana in the deck. It's not a great deck but boy is it hilarious.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hyper Inferno posted:

Carrot/Hamsa Windmill is the most hilarious Dragon deck I've ever played. I don't have any Uriels, so I've been using Dragon Emissary to search it out where only it and Draconic Fervor are my cards above 5 mana in the deck. It's not a great deck but boy is it hilarious.

I've been doing this but without the Carrots, instead opting for goofy bullshit with Through the Looking Glass, Ace Dragoon, and Dramatic Dragonblader which actually does good work against people who play lots of tiny little annoying fairy dudes or no dudes at all for your Hamsas to feed off of. It's bad but it's funny.

Edit: Two packs today (the free WD one and a WD one with crystals) gave me my second Alice and second Queen of the Dread Sea. Nice luck.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 14, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ranked update for this dead gay thread on this dead gay forum:

Everybody, and I mean everybody is playing either neutral blood or a "counter". So you just play cat blood and beat both spawn and all its counters for free. So yeah, the game is completely hosed and heaven knows cygames are being big fat idiots for sticking to their balance patch date.

I also just opened a reward pack that had what should be a legendary (Tove) and a what should be a bronze (Fairy dragon) but, for whatever reason, the game was all excited about the shittier card. Such are the mysteries of shadowverse.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Fairy dragon rules

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its trash i dusted 3

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
hmmm well that's your mistake

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ill let you know if i ever end up regretting it. so far the only legendary ive dusted and then re-crafted was 1 prince of darkness. i kind of regret dusting 2 gawains awhile ago but only slightly. i think they died for my sibyls and i am ok with that trade.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Fairy dragon rules

Fairy dragon text reads: Play a shitload of dumb fairies (instead of neutrals) in order to get rewarded by a sub-optimal follower that does nothing for the kind of deck that plays a shitload of fairies.

If fairies get good again (their meme decks are top-tier fun) then fairy dragon will probably become decent. But right now the meta is dominated by followers with 2-3 defense, so fairies do poo poo unless you setup something to boost them, which gets you killed due to lost tempo.

What is the dragon supposed to accomplish anyways? It is a vanilla ward with conditional stats that only shines in the late game in a class with a fat follower with ward that gives you an evo point and heals you in the late game. Lots of fairies have to die so that you can drop some fat wards when you can just drop fat wards without the requirement, or fat wards that bounce your stuff back.

In other news, playing any non-optimized non-cookie-cutter deck in low masters (like 1000-2000 points) is complete suicide nowadays. Matches often get decided in turn 2 against both blood and haven. It's been a while since I've seen a turn 6 spawn, it's just too slow.

I'm pretty sure that we can do better! blood vs forest matches get decided on turn 1 if blood goes first and drops a gobbo. (unless they are also running the neutral package, then you have to wait for turn 2 to see if they have twin archers or not)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 17, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they are actually nerfing legendaries?!

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/887244868245798913

i really wish i didnt immediately dust my extra snow white when i opened the animated one now

wouldnt surprise me if they change alice and or feria to only be +1/+0

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 18, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Spawn will get obliterated I think, it's waaaaaaay too good

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Spawn is a strong card, but Baphomet is the problem. It's the same issue as old Goblin Mage in that you can easily build a deck to draw one specific card, plus it has a cost reduction effect, and those are very tough to balance. The only reason why it wasn't a problem before was that there wasn't a viable lategame threat to tutor for.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Spawn would still be a great card if they changed his "Whenever this follower attacks" to a Clash instead. Being able to do 16 damage if you don't have a ward or board clear s ridiculous

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The cards that 100% have to go are Tove and BKB.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/dn9Im

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

they are actually nerfing legendaries?!

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/887244868245798913

i really wish i didnt immediately dust my extra snow white when i opened the animated one now

wouldnt surprise me if they change alice and or feria to only be +1/+0

Nah, snow white gets nerfed next month. This month the target will be blood and the neutral package, so Haven is gonna rule with an iron fist after they are done.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like haven has enough non neutral blood counters that it wont be a huge deal. people will just start playing more dshift again and things will balance out.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

i feel like haven has enough non neutral blood counters that it wont be a huge deal. people will just start playing more dshift again and things will balance out.

Hopefully. But if neutrals get nerfed then I don't see how can you have enough pressure to beat storm haven's bullshit in turns 5-6 with SW covering their asses in the early game. That poo poo is nuts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is true that teatime into garuda is pretty sick

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I like Birdkeeping Disciple. Flappity Flappity!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Should I head into Aegis Havencraft or Storm Havencraft? I have some of both. Storm seems good cause Aegis just keeps taking so drat long to win.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

I like Birdkeeping Disciple. Flappity Flappity!

I like just how many of the angels hate their jobs. It's pretty flavorful.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Valicious posted:

Should I head into Aegis Havencraft or Storm Havencraft? I have some of both. Storm seems good cause Aegis just keeps taking so drat long to win.

Storm is cheaper to build (lions are not mandatory) so start with that. If you don't like it switch to the other.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Is it possible to chuck spawns into a phantom cat blood list and still do alright with it, and still retain the bullshit T6 finisher as well?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You'll want 3-ofs of:
Lyrial
Feria
BKB
Sabreur
Goblin Leader
Alice
Tove
Grimnir

The issue is that, for the other 16 cards, cat wants littler guys and spawn wants cards like emerelda and Alucard that support spawn. It'll probably still do fine but cat's advantage against spawn isn't so much cat, it's the more consistent early game that running more small guys gives you.

You could do 3x cat, 3x bapho, 2x spawn and 7 little guys but you'll lose the alucard combo and will on the margin get outboarded by someone running 5 more/better little guys than you.

I don't know how essential Alucard is against Haven etc.

It'll probably do ok.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just threw 1 spawn in my cat deck

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cat with spawn is precisely that: a cat deck with a spawn alternate win condition (it is not a spawn deck with added cats). So you go aggro with 3 regular goblins in there, angels of the word for value/tempo trades, and so on. Then you replace some of your heavy cards with a couple of spawns.

With so many neutrals lately people are using Hector in their lists, and the Gruff guy is also pretty good. You want to rush face and win with sheer aggression with spawn as a backup plan. Of course, sometimes you can go for a clean bapho on five and get a discount spawn.

Here is an example list,

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/866/jcg-open-2nd-season-vol61-2nd-place-tomatan-neutral-bloodcraft

notice the lack of grimnirs in this one (lots of people have them) because this specific deck is going face hard. This deck will often do a tove + carrot or Sabreur/Hector play on turn five instead of dropping a baphomet like a spawn deck.

Personally, I have 2 razory claws in my deck (still trying to find the correct number of >4 pp cards) and they have worked wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

This new Forest prebuilt looks like poo poo: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-054

• Locked thread