Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They're the apes. Or was that the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

These idiots could've been using the Skrulls all along and instead we got Doctor Doom three times?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fox straight up sucks at superhero movies and their successes have been flukes. News at 11.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheHan posted:

These idiots could've been using the Skrulls all along and instead we got Doctor Doom three times?

As far as I'm concerned we have yet to get Doom once.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Fox straight up sucks at superhero movies and their successes have been flukes Byran Singer and/or Ryan Reynolds are halfway competent most of the time.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Trump and his two sons?

nice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

As far as I'm concerned we have yet to get Doom once.

Roger Corman disagrees. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Roger Corman disagrees. :colbert:

Mff mffmff fmffmf fffm fffm FFFOOM!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Squirrel Girl is not a mutant, she's obviously an elemental, like Swamp Thing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Her powerset should include being able to disassociate into a group of squirrels and also manifest herself out of any single squirrel.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Is it a running forums joke that people keep saying this wrong?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Her powerset should include being able to disassociate into a group of squirrels and also manifest herself out of any single squirrel.

Travel through the Squirrelverse from location to location. Time and space bend to the will of the squirrels.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pat Mustard posted:

Nobody knows what "the nightly news" used to be. :corsair:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think you mean Man-Thing :colbert:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
In Injustice 2 #15 the Justice League need a man with a particular set of skills...

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Gann Jerrod posted:

In Injustice 2 #15 the Justice League need a man with a particular set of skills...

Plastic Man's scenes in injustice 1 were easily the highlight for me. Also, he's one of the most wildly dangerous people on earth, soooooo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wyntyr posted:

Plastic Man's scenes in injustice 1 were easily the highlight for me. Also, he's one of the most wildly dangerous people on earth, soooooo

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

zoux posted:

She's basically like a Dracula in this sense.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Push El Burrito posted:

Travel through the Squirrelverse from location to location. Time and space bend to the will of the squirrels.

She doesn't fire squirrels out of her eyes. Her eyes are portals to the squirrel dimension.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

wyntyr posted:

My favorite injustice panel is still the one where he shoves his fingers up Flash's nose and says "don't move, I'm touching your brain."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gann Jerrod posted:

I mean Plastic Man walked up to Superman and called him a fascist shithead to his face, then proceeded to free a whole lot of people they had imprisoned after literally flipping Supes the bird
Plastic Man is exactly the guy you want in your team, Oliver

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

...Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

That MUST be a 90s character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dareon posted:

August 2001. She's in the Deadpool movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dareon posted:

That's purestrain Morrison buddy.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Isn't she just telepathic or something?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Calaveron posted:

I mean Plastic Man walked up to Superman and called him a fascist shithead to his face, then proceeded to free a whole lot of people they had imprisoned after literally flipping Supes the bird
Plastic Man is exactly the guy you want in your team, Oliver

To be fair, Oliver was dead at the time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't she just telepathic or something?

In New X-men she's a precog who's in like 3 panels as a device to foreshadow the Genoshan massacre, so Morrison just gave her a throwaway name that amused him.

The Deadpool character only shares a name.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Toshimo posted:

To be fair, Oliver was dead at the time.

He's still dead.

This is an Oliver from a not as poo poo universe they dragged back into the Injusticeverse.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Dareon posted:

Don't remember the exact source, but it was Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run.

Also she was still dead and a psychic hallucination being made by a hypnosis-programmed Emma Frost anyway…

Pieces of Peace fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 20, 2017

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I just assumed they let Negasonic pick her own name and she's exactly as much of an edgelord as it implies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Elfface posted:

I just assumed they let Negasonic pick her own name and she's exactly as much of an edgelord as it implies.

Also that may be literally the first instance of a secondary mutation on the page.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

Also that may be literally the first instance of a secondary mutation on the page.

That's cat Beast right there though?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

purple death ray posted:

That's cat Beast right there though?

Lol d'oh

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Pat Mustard posted:

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think the correct way to phrase this is.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That's purestrain Morrison buddy.

She's named after the kickass song by Monster Magnet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ferrule posted:

The phrase is "film at eleven". It's what they say about still-happening news during the five o'clock news. You couldn't get instaneous video transmission back in ye olden times, so there was a delay before they could show anything. And the next network news was at eleven o'clock. "There is stuff happening; here's what we know now. We will have film the next time we broadcast."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

Film at 10, which is when good honest Americans watch the news.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Seldom Posts posted:

She's named after the kickass song by Monster Magnet.

And--if I'm not mistaken--was named after a Monster Magnet song in part because Monster Magnet does a lot of Marvel references. They have a song called Mindless Ones, a song called Ego The Living Planet, and the song Baby Gotterdamerung features this lyric:

"Now face the music son,
Some people live to remember when
But you're no storage space
You've lived a thousand lives since then
So what would Modok do, if his memory got too full
He'd find the power source
And then he'd pick what plugs to pull"

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 19, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

prefect posted:

The phrase is "film at eleven". It's what they say about still-happening news during the five o'clock news. You couldn't get instaneous video transmission back in ye olden times, so there was a delay before they could show anything. And the next network news was at eleven o'clock. "There is stuff happening; here's what we know now. We will have film the next time we broadcast."

"News at 11" also happened. When I was growing up there would be 'upcoming news' alerts during commerical breaks which would basically amount to "We got poo poo to report on, the news is at 11." (Well, 11/10/whatever the hell time your personal news was.)

It's not a case where one is right or wrong but both happened at different times and so people remember them differently depending on age/demographic/whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doc Hawkins posted:

The plane of elemental squirrel.