Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bwhahah Awakened Warrior banner. What a load of gently caress. Who the gently caress wants to roll any of those units, I'm not even daily pulling because gently caress getting rainbow trolled with Luneth or DKC.

Edit OK I am daily pulling since it's free.

Also if you're a newbie that just started and rerolled for Orlandeau here's a great chance to grab Excalibur for him. If you get DKC it's not the end of the world since his TM help Orlando work with Veritas of the Dark

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

PaybackJack posted:

If you get DKC it's not the end of the world since his TM help Orlando work with Veritas of the Dark

Isn't he pretty good if ability awakened?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

PaybackJack posted:

Bwhahah Awakened Warrior banner. What a load of gently caress. Who the gently caress wants to roll any of those units, I'm not even daily pulling because gently caress getting rainbow trolled with Luneth or DKC.

I do! Mostly because I've been playing for two weeks and have absolutely nothing for healers or tanks. I need a Cecil for Excalibur for Cid anyway and he's a passable tank till I pull a WoL. Refia is similarly a passable healer until Tilith comes back someday.

Now if you've been playing for more than a week or two I'm pretty sure it's a crap banner. But hey, I'm hype.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mischalaniouse posted:

And his TM is really good for the handful of bosses immune/resistant to light if you don't have the Vargas sword.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody even close to this? Lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6o5d63/your_tanks_chances_of_surviving_aigions_left_hook/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Really wish I'd dropped a roll on that valentine's banner now. I can get a pretty good Wilhelm but not that good.Really though the fight seems more based around having a Rem that can cast auto-revive on your tank every turn, rather than actually trying to survive the death punch.

Mischalaniouse posted:

If you DW him you need to heal him between hits of hit best ability or he'll kill himself. So for a lot of fights this means you'll need double healers since you'll need to make sure he's not going to kill himself with his first attack. You can doublehand but that will reduce his damage in the first round, and really reduce his damage against any boss that clears debuffs every turn.

He's going to get better when Dark Veritas hits since they can both take advantage of the dark debuff but he's still competing with other units that have better utility and don't need to be built around.

BGrifter posted:

I do! Mostly because I've been playing for two weeks and have absolutely nothing for healers or tanks. I need a Cecil for Excalibur for Cid anyway and he's a passable tank till I pull a WoL. Refia is similarly a passable healer until Tilith comes back someday.

Now if you've been playing for more than a week or two I'm pretty sure it's a crap banner. But hey, I'm hype.

If you don't have dual cast, then I think Fina is probably just as good at this point for healing. You're basically trading Full Heal for Esunaga, but Fina also has a heal counter that's almost like a Curaja.

I'm mostly disappointed by the 5*s. The both hit hard but do little else, and there's better finishers coming. DKC has a good TM but to be honest, I'd rather pull Delita.

ExDeath is a pretty solid mage for a new player, but Rosa is terrible.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP version is getting a Bravely Default crossover next week. Agnes and Tiz as the 5* rainbow headliners, Edea and Yew as the gold units, Magnolia as 3* fodder, Rinne from the mobile game as a free raid gacha unit, Agnes in her Bravo Bunny JP-exclusive DLC costume as a freebie for logging in during the event. All characters have their home game Default > Brave gimmick built into their movesets (in other words, they all play like Yda from FF14 in that each move unlocks a different move).

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 19, 2017

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
There it is, the banner that will make me whale. I hope Edea is the next busted 4* unit.

Also wrt to dkc, his strongest attack does 49% self damage per hit and if his self heal is the same as other regen effects it will be end of turn, so as long as the healer full heals him first, he will survive a DW attack with 2% hp and then heal right back to max end of turn.

In fact that awakened warriors banner is pretty great, the 2 best chain cappers, the best obtainable healer who isn't 5* and Cecil is still a really good tank, and exdeath is a really serviceable mage, and they are all getting their awakenings. It's not a banner you want to pull on if you are already running a lot of the best units but it's an amazing banner for newcomers.

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 19, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tiger Millionaire posted:

There it is, the banner that will make me whale. I hope Edea is the next busted 4* unit.

Also wrt to dkc, his strongest attack does 49% self damage per hit and if his self heal is the same as other regen effects it will be end of turn, so as long as the healer full heals him first, he will survive a DW attack with 2% hp and then heal right back to max end of turn.

After enhancements DKC's Soul Eater skill gets pumped to:

Dark physical damage (7.5x) with HP sacrifice (60%) to one enemy
Decrease dark resistance (100%) for 3 turns to one enemy

Which is why he's even in the discussion regarding finishers, he does an absurd amount of damage, but you have to work around it, compared to Luneth who also does an absurd amount of damage with less of a draw back.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Oh I didn't know that it increased the self damage too when enhanced, that's kind of dumb then! I guess it leans towards a doublehand build, which is not a thing in GL.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Oh I didn't know that it increased the self damage too when enhanced, that's kind of dumb then! I guess it leans towards a doublehand build, which is not a thing in GL.

Alternatively if you're setup to have rikku use her limit break every turn like in the robot trial you can just have the most sducidal knight ever, forced to kill himself over and over in the name of big damage numbers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/aigaion-robot-trial/

Kongbakpao's guide is up but he's leaving the strategy blank until the fight is released and we learn if global received any buffs or nerfs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Tengames posted:

Alternatively if you're setup to have rikku use her limit break every turn like in the robot trial you can just have the most sducidal knight ever, forced to kill himself over and over in the name of big damage numbers.

AIGAION I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Free daily was Lunera #2

Really don't know how to feel about this. I already got her TM when I pulled that first one, and I don't use dupes in my teams so she won't be used for chaining.
I suppose I'll just keep her in my inventory... hopeful for the day that they implement a unit trading system (probably never happening)

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'll trade you 50 bediles for her

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

SereneCrimson posted:

Free daily was Lunera #2

Really don't know how to feel about this. I already got her TM when I pulled that first one, and I don't use dupes in my teams so she won't be used for chaining.
I suppose I'll just keep her in my inventory... hopeful for the day that they implement a unit trading system (probably never happening)

Why don't you use dupes? Seems like a super random way to restrict yourself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even if you don't use dupes, I would break that rule in a heartbeat if I got two Luneras. A two element move that hits 20 times? 40 hit elemental and potentially Spark chains? An eventual upgrade that boosts damage and makes it 30 hits a piece? Yes please! I'd Aureole Ray all day if I could.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

CyberLord XP posted:

Well you can't do that in REAL final fantasy games.
*used magicite to give everyone identical Ultima and Econonizer loadouts*

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
Welp I'm back to paying attention to this game. Pulled an Orlandu. Got myself up on the goon sheet. Cleared out folks that were greater than 30 days inactive. Have about 100+ spaces on my friends list. Right now got Vaan up for the mines, but most likely flipping him.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

SereneCrimson posted:

Free daily was Lunera #2

I would totally use two of her for chaining and laugh at watching dual Aureole Ray evaporate arena teams.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Had a dream I pulled a rainbow and it was Nine, so I sent a customer support ticket. Woke up hoping I'd get a real rainbow, but I got Gau. Welp, thanks for reading my story.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mile'ionaha posted:

Well you can't do that in REAL final fantasy games.
*used magicite to give everyone identical Ultima and Econonizer loadouts*

My 4 fighter party in FF1 says you're wrong. :colbert:

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

CyberLord XP posted:

Just personally don't like em. Feels dull to me to use multiples of the exact same unit.
Even in games with a job system I don't use dupe jobs, everyone has to have their unique kit to bring to the table.

I only make an exception for mog king events. If it's bonus units I'll use dupes. Otherwise I'd rather mix it up.

Though dual Lunera's in arena sounds like a funny enough thing I could possibly make an exception there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol at this horrible upcoming banner in the western version.

For anyone thats been playing a while its pretty useless. New people that just came in after the FFXIV raids might be able to fish for a refia, but without dualcasting she's pretty mediocre. Two finishers which aren't bad at all but they are loving finishers, new people cant take advantage of finishers that much unless they already have chainers

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

SereneCrimson posted:

Just personally don't like em. Feels dull to me to use multiples of the exact same unit.
Even in games with a job system I don't use dupe jobs, everyone has to have their unique kit to bring to the table.

I only make an exception for mog king events. If it's bonus units I'll use dupes. Otherwise I'd rather mix it up.

Though dual Lunera's in arena sounds like a funny enough thing I could possibly make an exception there.

Now you see them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Frt9cnihs
...now you don't.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Varance posted:

JP version is getting a Bravely Default crossover next week. Agnes and Tiz as the 5* rainbow headliners, Edea and Yew as the gold units, Magnolia as 3* fodder, Rinne from the mobile game as a free raid gacha unit, Agnes in her Bravo Bunny JP-exclusive DLC costume as a freebie for logging in during the event. All characters have their home game Default > Brave gimmick built into their movesets (in other words, they all play like Yda from FF14 in that each move unlocks a different move).

No Ringabel no pull. :colbert:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I could use cecil and DKC mostly for their tmrs, but im not sure what use luneth is to me seeing as how i just fully enhanced my firion. :/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Luneth's Slay is something like 10.5x damage and it needs a 100%Atk buff to be used beforehand too.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

KDdidit posted:

Had a dream I pulled a rainbow and it was Nine, so I sent a customer support ticket. Woke up hoping I'd get a real rainbow, but I got Gau. Welp, thanks for reading my story.

In the good ole days, that Gau could've been a rainbow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

In the good ole days, that Gau could've been a rainbow.

:shepicide:

My 3 non base 5* rainbows were Agrias, Garnet and Zidane all three of them rate higher than a bunch of base 5* even though they pretty much suck right now.

Also its absolutely bullshit that agrias hasn't gotten her 6* yet and this rate it'll be like a year before she has her enhancements.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I missed the big meta shift to chaining, but even circa the SoM event, Luneth and DKC were on the shallow end of the rainbow pool, far more useful for their TMRs than their actual worth as units.

Luneth does some hefty single damage and has innate DW, but he has no chaining capabilities and isn't great as a Finisher. DKC is :emo:. On the other hand, Luneth's glove can slap on just about anyone even if it's not BiS any more, and Cecil's sword is a good replacement for bosses that resist holy.

Still, this would have been a questionably bad banner four months ago, it's absolutely atrocious now. Paladin Cecil is still solid (especially with awakenings) but WoL will generally outtank him now, by this point 6* Fina has mostly caught up with Refia and Rosa is worse than that. Exdeath is a mage in a game that abhors mages. So you've got a banner with three misses and three :geno:.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 19, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

10.5x damage is no joke. He'll be the strongest finisher after enhancements here for a looong time. Even if they un-nerf Noctis they have the same effective modifier, only issue is that Noctis is more versatile.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

After every pull but one this week being Ruggles I can't wait to pull the worst 4* base, Rosa, every day next week.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can you chain upgraded Exdeath Meteor now?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Looking at his JP enhancements here it looks like Meteor+1 hits 3 times, so maybe? Doesn't sound like much. It also costs 2 purecrysts and 4 giancrysts to get it to +1 so I won't be finding out!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Bravo Bunny is Free?

That BD event already sounds like a winner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

10.5x damage is no joke. He'll be the strongest finisher after enhancements here for a looong time. Even if they un-nerf Noctis they have the same effective modifier, only issue is that Noctis is more versatile.

Olive is pretty close with her LB and if you have Rikku's TM it's extremely easy to keep filling it each turn.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

When are finishers actually useful? A lot of trials restrict you to 5 characters and I bring a tank, healer, support and two chainers.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Tagichatn posted:

When are finishers actually useful? A lot of trials restrict you to 5 characters and I bring a tank, healer, support and two chainers.

When you can use a friend unit to either help chain or as the finisher.
Also if whatever you're fighting can be 1 rounded.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Dont use Green Magic
Still dont get "Dont use green magic "

What the gently caress, Im 100% sure I didn't use Green Magic on Cid and his squirt gun.

• Locked thread