Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people have been weaponizing their lovely connections in bungie games since halo 2. this is not going to change until they nut up, accept their network architecture is not working for a competitive environment, and get servers, which will not happen.

Feel free explain how dedicated servers would fix the lag caused by someone playing on a lovely connection. I'd love to hear your theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sure did and its garbage compared to nearly every meta shift that happened in TTK and RoI. I've used that same D43 a ton in crucible and do well with it but I can guarantee its lowering my full game lethality a ton and my total kill counts suffer. And 100% of that "success" is just catching moron blueberries not keeping cover close in open arenas like Black Shield.

Reasons all scouts are garbage in D1
D1 was an incredibly lethal experience in the close/mid ranges. There isn't a scout in the game with a competitive TTK that you can actually use inside of those ranges. Period.
D1's movement is crazy fast. If I'm going against some dunce and his god rolled D43 I'm going to close that gap before that person ever has the time to get the 4 tap off to kill me.

Scouts in PvE are just about the most boring things in an already boring experience

Scout rifles were amazing in PVP on sniper heavy maps like widows court and all those maps with vehicles in them. They were the perfect counter for not having special ammo to snipe the other snipers with or tapping a dude trying to get away.

I loved my DIS-43 with perfect stability and full auto for those maps. Also had a cryptic dragon with full stability and firefly. Sure they might not excel on every map but they had their uses.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You could do the same thing but better with a pulse rifle

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xzzy posted:

Feel free explain how dedicated servers would fix the lag caused by someone playing on a lovely connection. I'd love to hear your theories.

having servers resolve conflicts instead of bullshit like 'wow i was totally killed by a guy who should have been dead ten seconds ago' would be a huge boon. i don't care about fixing lag, i care about people with lovely connections getting advantage from it instead of being disadvantaged.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MarshyMcFly posted:

Scout rifles were amazing in PVP on sniper heavy maps like widows court and all those maps with vehicles in them. They were the perfect counter for not having special ammo to snipe the other snipers with or tapping a dude trying to get away.

I loved my DIS-43 with perfect stability and full auto for those maps. Also had a cryptic dragon with full stability and firefly. Sure they might not excel on every map but they had their uses.

Yeah none of that happened in lobbies that contained any amount of skilled players

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah it'd make it so the guy that's lagging gets his junk slammed in a drawer while everyone frolics around him which is the right way of doing things

gently caress that dude with dialup this is an Internet game

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Also I'm one of those lore guys and the flavor text seems really lackluster from what little we've seen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah im a lore guy. Licking Organs Really Excitedly.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You're getting better. 9/10.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lets not pretend that the majority of this thread isn't going to spend 1000+ hours into this game despite bitch posting about a beta lmao

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lets not pretend that the majority of this thread isn't going to spend 1000+ hours into this game despite bitch posting about a beta lmao

I was skeptical as poo poo and the beta has me good to go where everyone else seemed to go from hype to pissy :allears:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DLC Inc posted:

if the story missions don't amount to like 30 and the strike content isn't at least 20 then this game will be garbage. I remember at one time there were only like 6 or 7 strikes on the "official playlist" for Destiny 1 (the older ones never got put into the "official" playlists at higher difficulties) and thinking "what a rotten loving deal."

Destiny 1 launched with 20 story missions and 6 strikes and ended with like 45 and 17. I don't think you are getting your wish for 20 strikes at launch my dude

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I Enjoy The Beta and Will Play With Friends

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Policenaut posted:

I Enjoy The Beta and Will Play With Friends

But only 3. Not 5.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

I was skeptical as poo poo and the beta has me good to go where everyone else seemed to go from hype to pissy :allears:

I am still pretty hype for the full game but I do feel that Bungie made a Bioware esque overcorrection to their criticism that they made too much of the game available in the D1 beta. If they just wanted to offer a demo then just call it a demo then. It's silly to pretend it's a beta with this little content and this close to release. That said they've been pretty upfront that mostly this is for stress testing, and they've done several user research sessions at Bungie so I imagine most of their feedback is coming from that rather than a mostly open beta.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

Destiny 1 launched with 20 story missions and 6 strikes and ended with like 45 and 17. I don't think you are getting your wish for 20 strikes at launch my dude

I wonder if it will even have 12 strike at launch. lol

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the beta is fine but the ttk is abysmally high, the radar delay from unscoping is garbage, power weapons are a total afterthought and the supers are all underwhelming. also warlock jump is somehow worse than in destiny 1.

still pretty fun though!!!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im mad about a thing

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Skim Milk posted:

im mad about a thing

Same

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

the beta is fine but the ttk is abysmally high, the radar delay from unscoping is garbage, power weapons are a total afterthought and the supers are all underwhelming. also warlock jump is somehow worse than in destiny 1.

still pretty fun though!!!

Sounds like destiny 1 pvp was accidentally really great and now that the goobers over there like Derrick have had time to split it off and focus on it, it's all screwed up.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

DLC Inc posted:

I wonder if it will even have 12 strike at launch. lol

Of course it won't, why would you expect it to

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Only got a chance to play through Homecoming, so I'm not sure how it holds up in PvP, but man that starting scout rifle feels like poo poo

Game fun though

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am guessing 6 to 8 strikes initially probably around 12-13 after the first two DLC packs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

But only 3. Not 5.

As we get older, our circle of friends shrinks

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i actually like the ttk in this because i can actually use gun skill to kill people instead of killing a guy and then dying in .87 seconds when his friend comes around the corner

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I like the pvp. My current strategy is to try to move with other player, covering him. I don't think this will work has well once people can really choose weapons.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like destiny 1 pvp was accidentally really great and now that the goobers over there like Derrick have had time to split it off and focus on it, it's all screwed up.

I'm hopeful that a lot of the stuff can be tweaked, like TTK and cooldowns, but the inherent 'slowness' of the game now feels weird coming from the frenetic energy of destiny 1.

also, in-air accuracy is so bad, woof.

for those complaining about starter weapons, the classes all start with different weapons. imo the titan has the best starting package of weapons, warlocks had the worst.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

for those complaining about starter weapons, the classes all start with different weapons. imo the titan has the best starting package of weapons, warlocks had the worst.

titan's starting energy weapons are all rear end

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Please let all story missions have random players in it so I can never be lonely again.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There definitely is less potential for cool gifs now. I've only saved a single clip so far.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I suddenly realize maybe the reason that scouts feel underpowered in D2 is because I am spoiled with my D1 Explosive Rounds Badger CCL. It triple taps

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who bought my dog an account.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
most of my captures so far have been screenshotting pubbies finishing the strike with like 40 kills.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

BlindSite posted:

gently caress all of you getting to play. Stuck at work for another 7 hours and 17 minutes.

Perks of being the IT guy with a Windows 10 laptop...

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There were no xbone players, let alone a "krew" or anything.

Aw :(

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

OTOH elemental primaries everywhere

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
having crouch on an easily accessible button makes winning firefights so easy, jesus.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
I was a red bar warrior for so long because my work WiFi blocks my ps4 and I have to run my phone as a hotspot, but I figured out if I fill my camelbak up with ice and sit my phone on it my connection is super good. I'm ready to play Destiny 2 on ur tax dollars

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

I was a red bar warrior for so long because my work WiFi blocks my ps4 and I have to run my phone as a hotspot, but I figured out if I fill my camelbak up with ice and sit my phone on it my connection is super good. I'm ready to play Destiny 2 on ur tax dollars

Trump is killing the Obamaphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

how do u all like it

I am Enjoying it Eonwe, I am enjoying it for you.