Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh boy, anyone who actually bought that season pass is going to be feeling pretty drat salty.
I can't tell if this is a dick move or a great move on their part.

I wonder if this is in preparation of an expansion announcement or just Bethesda being Bethesda.

Btw, don't play the game for the mp... it's poo poo.
The singleplayer is amazing though, easily my GOTY of last year.

Udpate 6.66 looking good though.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
How much does the season pass content add to the already huge file size?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
34.7 GB for the multiplayer stuff I'm not gonna use? gently caress off.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Koburn posted:

It was already included in the patches so you could MP with season pass holders.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
They should make DOOM's non-SP content an optional install.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Brutakas posted:

They should make DOOM's non-SP content an optional install.

Would have left it on my hard drive if that was the case. It's just loving enormous.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Koburn posted:

Nothing, you're forced to download all the multiplayer maps anyway even if you didn't buy them (before they were free anyway).

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Deakul posted:

Btw, don't play the game for the mp... it's poo poo.
The singleplayer is amazing though, easily my GOTY of last year.

I didnt think mp was awful. I played it for about a dozen hours. It wasnt quake 3, if that is what you were expecting.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

strategery posted:

I didnt think mp was awful. I played it for about a dozen hours. It wasnt quake 3, if that is what you were expecting.

I was absolutely expecting something really fast paced like Quake what with the arena style map design and instead we effectively got a shittier Halo 3 mp.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Venuz Patrol posted:

i rolled my eyes when the gimmick to Omegaland kicked in but its commitment to fleshing the joke out into a feature length game is endearing

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

How does that game have 2,000 reviews already.

I am pretty sure a bunch of youtubers did some kind of video on it so it was free advertising for this game. Which probably helped sales > more reviews.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Zeeman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1UnOysihiI

Telltale just announced new seasons coming of Batman, Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us

I'm excited for Green Arrow the Riddler.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Deakul posted:

Oh boy, anyone who actually bought that season pass is going to be feeling pretty drat salty.
Considering how bad the multiplayer is the season pass owners probably already felt salty for falling for that poo poo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Telltale's release schedule is confusing me, Batman and Wolf Among Us should be switched. Was Batman so well received that they immediatelly began working on a new season? And Wolf Among Us has been out for quite some time yet they have nothing on it so far?

I mean, I'd rather have a new Tales of the Borderlands but this just seems weird.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

for the record, the game does have actual cool and funny jokes and is mostly devoid of bad memes

can't defend that tho

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Quickie review of The Eyes of Ara:

Imagine if there was a theoretical The Room 4 or 5*, where the scope had just kept expanding out of control, until you were poking around secret compartments and puzzles and lord knows what across an entire castle. That's pretty much The Eyes of Ara, for better or worse. The larger scale means there's more exploration, but also makes it far easier to miss a vital clue. It also isn't helped by visual noise in the form of repetitive pre-fab props like generic, non-interactive bookshelves and the unfortunate tendency for clues, bonus collectibles, and puzzle elements alike to be hidden pixel hunt style (or by requiring you to look up, the bane of all gamers). There's a handful of polish issues, like the node-based navigation occasionally getting in the way, or the manual prop interaction being fiddly. I eventually ended up consulting a guide for a lot of stuff in the back half of the game, though in fairness a lot of that was solely for bonus collectibles. That said the final few puzzles all rely on horrible "parts 1 and 3 spin together, parts 2 and 3 spin together, parts 1 and 4 spin together" type mechanics, which I haaaate. There's a neat little story (about on part with The Room's) but I felt like it didn't get quite a big enough payoff, which was disappointing. While I probably sound really down on it, I actually think it's above average for the genre, it just has its faults. If you were really into The Room, you'll feel right at home, and as far as Myst-likes in general go this one is overall pretty solid.

(*The Room 3 on Steam when? :argh:)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My updated review of Tangledeep after 4 hours is: It's a fun game but you shouldn't buy it right now, it's suuuuuper crashy and out of 10 attempts, 7 have ended with a crash that deleted my save instead of a player death.

edit: This doesn't seem to be a common problem so buy away :shrug:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 19, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So what happens to the people who paid for that DLC?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Samuringa posted:

Telltale's release schedule is confusing me, Batman and Wolf Among Us should be switched. Was Batman so well received that they immediatelly began working on a new season? And Wolf Among Us has been out for quite some time yet they have nothing on it so far?

I mean, I'd rather have a new Tales of the Borderlands but this just seems weird.

Does anyone even still care about Telltale anymore?

e: their last good game was Tales from the Borderlands 3 years ago, but were already pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) by the end Wolf Among Us.

If you look at the LinkedIn profiles for the directors/designers/producers involved who did Tales from Borderlands and TWD1, they're p much all gone to other venues or seeking employment (except one or two) compared to everyone involved after in TWD2 which was poo poo. Telltale has pretty much lost any talent that may have had. Not that they can't come back, but I wouldn't buy a Telltale game for the forseeable future.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 19, 2017

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

In a truly astonishing display of PR mindgaming, people who didn't pay for the DLC now get it for free but people who did pay for it will have it taken away from them

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

awesmoe posted:

In a truly astonishing display of PR mindgaming, people who didn't pay for the DLC now get it for free but people who did pay for it will have it taken away from them

What game is this?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Xaris posted:

Does anyone even still care about Telltale anymore?

e: their last good game was Tales from the Borderlands 3 years ago, but were already pretty hit or miss (mostly miss) by the end Wolf Among Us.

If you look at the LinkedIn profiles for the directors/designers/producers involved who did Tales from Borderlands and TWD1, they're p much all gone to other venues or seeking employment (except one or two) compared to everyone involved after in TWD2 which was poo poo. Telltale has pretty much lost any talent that may have had. Not that they can't come back, but I wouldn't buy a Telltale game for the foreseeable future.

Haven't played it but the Minecraft game was also well received. You know what you are getting with a Telltale game by now. Same old graphics and engine, a few bugs from time to time. Their writing and story telling goes from mediocre to good.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I don't think I was properly prepared by reviews for just how ill-conceived and poorly designed Resident Evil 6 is. It's at least kind of perversely fascinating in its badness, at least.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I don't think I was properly prepared by reviews for just how ill-conceived and poorly designed Resident Evil 6 is. It's at least kind of perversely fascinating in its badness, at least.

Awwwwww here it goes.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Cojawfee posted:

Nothing. They basically paid to get access to the content 11 to 8 months earlier than everyone else. Hope they got their money's worth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You are in for an amazing ride.

Please note the definition of amazing is "1. causing great surprise or sudden wonder."

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Inco posted:

Nothing. They basically paid to get access to the content 11 to 8 months earlier than everyone else. Hope they got their money's worth.

I can assure you, with absolute metaphysical certitude, that they did not.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
re6 merc mode is probably the best merc mode the series has ever had

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Orv posted:

Awwwwww here it goes.

"Oh, this seems like a pitched battle sequence, they probably won't pull the train QTE gimmick here, too-"

*pounced on by zombie, killed by train during QTE escape*

"Oh, I guess there are trains after all, well, I'm ready this time-"

*train comes, hit QTE button, nothing happens*

"Weird, did I miss the timing on that? Oh, well, I'm ready for it now-"

*train comes, realize there's no QTE prompt at all in this area, you just have to be where it's not*

:mad:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RE6 definitely has a poo poo tons of flaws but it still is a really fun game imo, lots of content(3 campaigns, mercenary horde mode, online), the gameplay is really good especially for a third person shooter barring the qtes.

Reminds me of some super over the top 90s action movies.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Res Evil 7 is the only one I ever played, but it was pretty loving amazing. I never finished it - I stopped when I got to the giant bees in the house, but prior to that it was creepy and tense and gross and spooky.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

"Oh, this seems like a pitched battle sequence, they probably won't pull the train QTE gimmick here, too-"

*pounced on by zombie, killed by train during QTE escape*

"Oh, I guess there are trains after all, well, I'm ready this time-"

*train comes, hit QTE button, nothing happens*

"Weird, did I miss the timing on that? Oh, well, I'm ready for it now-"

*train comes, realize there's no QTE prompt at all in this area, you just have to be where it's not*

:mad:

It's a bad, bad game, much as some people will protest otherwise.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I did not buy this in the end but have laughed loudly at the videos of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3on8nSSLn0&t=78s

More games should have an 'rear end in a top hat Shove' action :o:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ulio posted:

RE6 definitely has a poo poo tons of flaws but it still is a really fun game imo, lots of content(3 campaigns, mercenary horde mode, online), the gameplay is really good especially for a third person shooter barring the qtes.

Reminds me of some super over the top 90s action movies.

Wrong.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Inco posted:

Eh, I'm fine with this (note: I don't own Doom). More games should do this once a game a reached its prime.

I got the season pass for TitanFall1 and BF4 and didn't feel ripped off that they gave the DLC away for free.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Please note the definition of amazing is "1. causing great surprise or sudden wonder."

*sees a car careen out of control suddenly and crash, looks closer*

"Wait, there's nobody at the wheel of that car?"

*ambulance crashes out of nowhere, look at windshield*

"Nobody is driving these cars!"

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

*sees a car careen out of control suddenly and crash, looks closer*

"Wait, there's nobody at the wheel of that car?"

*ambulance crashes out of nowhere, look at windshield*

"Nobody is driving these cars!"

Elon Musk will pay for his crimes

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
RE6 is fascinating because it is an absolute franchise killer of a game because A) It's not scary B) It's loving nuts and C) You don't know how true this all is until you play it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When was the last honest to god scary RE anyhow? REmake I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My favorite thing about RE6 is that it's Capcom's second best selling game ever.

• Locked thread