Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
1) gross

and

2) i give up for now because without even being able to take screenshots it seems lame, maybe tomorrow ill try again i'm tired of trying and failing to make poo poo work (like my life story man) tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That's rude af to Naked Bear

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well if he doesnt want to be called gross he should consider wearing USGI brown underwear with his TA50 in the future

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's a medical device!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
oh my god i discovered Euro Truck Simulator 2

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

gently caress die Polizei

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Embrace your inner German.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtfgMkSP_EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D18OK8yfXw

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress die Polizei

Shouldn't it be fick

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I know I'll catch poo poo for this but anyone playing Albion? I don't even know wtf the game is about but some friends are playing

its a terrible game that hired an eve developer that the entire player base loving hated

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Make me the psychologist

You are a bad person

So am I for quoting it but who's worse Trump or Trump Jr.

Exactly.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:wink:

orange juche posted:

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming

Don't get that poo poo on Steam, the dude put it on steam rather than put a donation window up for some reason.

E: drat he pulled down the binaries he had published on GitHub. I guess you could compile it from source if you wanted to save some bucks.

E2: Ahahaha it was free up until like 2 days ago so this is recent recent.
The beauty of the internet: once it's out there, it's out there.

https://github.com/luop90/Borderless-Gaming/releases

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I finally beat MGSV.

What an anticlimactic ending.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

TBeats posted:

I finally beat MGSV.

What an anticlimactic ending.

The true phantom pain.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you play the mission where you get quiet either 7 or 10 times, you actually get her back.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I need to get back to 100%-ing all the Metal Gear games. I still haven't 100%-ed MGSV, still sitting at like 88%.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

I need to get back to 100%-ing all the Metal Gear games. I still haven't 100%-ed MGSV, still sitting at like 88%.

FYI mgs2 is nightmarishly difficult in the final bits. It's not beating it on extreme because there are some cheese spots, it's the goddamn sniping VR missions. Holy gently caress they're lovely. Watching people do it on YouTube is just as frustrating because they make it look so easy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If you play the mission where you get quiet either 7 or 10 times, you actually get her back.

it was just underwhelming. there were some pretty cool missions and some cool cut scenes but all in all i don't think it was worth the time i put into it.

but that mission where you rescue quiet was loving horseshit. took like 25 tries.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, I thought I was like halfway through the game and then the credits rolled.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I havent played Metal Gear since the NES

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

FYI mgs2 is nightmarishly difficult in the final bits. It's not beating it on extreme because there are some cheese spots, it's the goddamn sniping VR missions. Holy gently caress they're lovely. Watching people do it on YouTube is just as frustrating because they make it look so easy.

That's the part I'm dread of the whole series, I think you talked about it before.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Yeah, I thought I was like halfway through the game and then the credits rolled.

just fyi, i got fooled too but the mission where you rescue quiet, mission 45, isn't the last mission in the story. mission 46 is. i thought when the credits rolled after quiet left the game was over but it isn't. just wanna make sure you didn't stop where i was about to.

i had to do more missions/side-ops in order to unlock mission 46, basically the prologue again, and get to the really stupid twist that just fell really, really flat.

seriously just youtube it. i wish i had.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah what i was talking about earlier is the mission where you very first capture quiet. If you beat that like 10 times you get her back.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it sucks that Konami cut off Kojima and pushed out an incomplete game. you can find parts of mission 51 on youtube, which is kinda cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah, it sucks that Konami cut off Kojima and pushed out an incomplete game. you can find parts of mission 51 on youtube, which is kinda cool.

If what I've heard is true, there was supposed to be another entire chapter to the game. Which might have cut out the repeat missions, which was really annoying because I didn't know you could just do side missions to unlock the story missions, so I redid several of the missions and just got soured from the game at that point. And some of the side missions seemed out of place and should have just been unlocked story missions.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Instead of randomly having you repeat missions you already did, it would've been way better if extreme and total stealth were just modes.

TO BE CONTINUED....

I posted earlier about how it's obvious when Konami and Kojima started having issues and when the missions start repeating would be my guess. The flow of the game just stopped making sense.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Still a loving sick game though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
when it's good, it's great. if you could just do the story without having to do a certain number of required side/repeat missions to unlock the next story mission, it would have flowed a lot better. i usually do the main campaign of games because i'm not a 100%er, but forcing me to go get the blueprints to a weapon i will never use because i haven't done enough side ops was kind of lame. i was also peeved that the opening credits for each mission would give away if you were going to encounter special enemies.

i can't give it higher than a 6, MAYBE 7 out of 10. but it definitely had the potential to go down as one of the best games i've played.

next up to finish? bloodborne probably.

e: all that said, i might pick up MGSV to gently caress around with every now and then. there's a lot of funny poo poo you can do.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 19, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

TBeats posted:

I posted earlier about how it's obvious when Konami and Kojima started having issues and when the missions start repeating would be my guess. The flow of the game just stopped making sense.

The developer stories from Kojima during MGS5 are loving insane. Like he was isolated from the rest of the team and he'd get messages and notes delivered to him, approve/disapprove them or add his own idea, then the ideas would be ran back to the dev team

Kojima deserved better :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TBeats posted:

next up to finish? bloodborne probably.

Bloodborne is my favorite console game ever. Move over Super Mario.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

oh my god the lord of the flies poo poo would have been baller

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
that mission where you just murder all of your own people was pretty loving stellar in presentation and will probably be the most memorable mission for me.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Been playing the Titanfall 2 demo. This thing is pretty drat cool, might buy the whole thing. Is the campaign worth playing or is it one of those multiplayer focused games with a vestigial single player mode?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The single player for TF2 owns, actually. It's a lot of fun to play.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya TF2 single player is probably the best FPS one i've ever played, through and through. Albeit pretty drat short. I'd guess any single player DLC would sell great but they have enough to deal with

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Doom is currently undergoing a 35 GB update.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Syrian Lannister posted:

Doom is currently undergoing a 35 GB update.

my pants just tingled

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

TBeats posted:

my pants just tingled

quote:

gives all dlc for free, and new progression system

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/75582810

:flashfap:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its all multiplayer and snap map :effort:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I mistakenly started reading the comments....

loving nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Syrian Lannister posted:

I mistakenly started reading the comments....

loving nerds

never go full gamefaqs