Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I opened my first free pack, played a little bit, and won another match. I had a 5% chance of getting an alpha pack, and I got one. Played a few more matches, won another, and I had a 4% chance of getting an alpha pack- and I got it. No complaints here, the opening animation is dope- easily the best loot crate opening animation of any game made so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

It was originally released as a universal skin during Y1S1 but now drops individually.

You fucker. I've been playing since launch and that skin was one of the few things I could hold over the head of newer, better players. Siege is dead to me.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
We still have our godawful peacock skins at least.

I'm for Black Ice being available as a drop but I'm a bit bummed out it seems to be so common. Of my group of 4, 3 of us got it on a gun within like 15 packs opened between us. Always possible we just got stupidly lucky I guess but I'll be kinda bummed if all the cool poo poo becomes ubiquitous.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Koramei posted:

We still have our godawful peacock skins at least.

I'm for Black Ice being available as a drop but I'm a bit bummed out it seems to be so common. Of my group of 4, 3 of us got it on a gun within like 15 packs opened between us. Always possible we just got stupidly lucky I guess but I'll be kinda bummed if all the cool poo poo becomes ubiquitous.

But what about Fire??

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm a sucker for loot crates. They're really addicting. Now I have something to spend 50k renown on.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How much do they cost?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Flipswitch posted:

How much do they cost?

like 4500 for a single zip and 20k or so for 5 iirc

but the auto-roll is so common its near forza level of giving away free poo poo so it's pretty cool and you can still just save up and buy uniforms/clownmasks in the meantime. as said before, they tend to actually hit pretty often even if you're under 10% chance for a lot of ppl

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
5k each, there's a discount for buying 50 or 100 at once and the season pass 10% discount applies to them too.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Got my second Blitz ace this week while playing with goons last night, I feel like whatever they did to the hit-boxes is working. I wish they would get that hit-reg sorted out, though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Kiss.... The demons of rock!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hard, that unzipping animation is great. This is truly top tier loot acquisition. A+, 10/10, would unzip again.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
It unzips in the shape of Poland.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hard, that unzipping animation is great. This is truly top tier loot acquisition. A+, 10/10, would unzip again.

Someone else did all the art and animation work you do realize.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

DoctorStrangelove posted:

What are you even talking about.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

time between rounds has been increasing when someone in the discord group asks you to cancel the que because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCzTZSa3teo

i personally like to slowly unzip because it increases the chances of a legendary item to flop out

you can also reseal the bag if you want to just push the air out and reseal it. you can't vacuum seal tho which is kind of disappointing - will the devs ever address this issue?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I do. But Hard is my conduit to Siege. All my frustrations, all my adorations, get heaped on to Hard.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What are the best attackers/defenders if I mostly just like running around shooting people with my m1, and not so much using complicated traps or what have you?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Fusion Restaurant posted:

What are the best attackers/defenders if I mostly just like running around shooting people with my m1, and not so much using complicated traps or what have you?

I'd say Ash for offense and Jäger for defense.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

FUZE is best attacker FROST is best defender

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

blitz and smoke.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sledge and Jaeger.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Max Speed + Minimum gadget:

Ash / IQ / Capitao
Jaeger / Caveira kind of

Slower dudes with minimum gadget:

Sledge / Buck / Blackbeard
Rook

Gadget user but you might like:
Thatcher (destroys electronic gadgets with EMP grenades, sometimes pretty important you throw one at a wall your team is trying to breach though)
Pulse (heartbeat scanner gadget but it helps find people to shoot)

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 20, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I simulated pack rolls and with a 50% win rate you will get 1 pack per 12.7 games. With a 60% winrate it's about every 11.4 games. 40% is every 14.5 games.

With the season pass bonus (i heard this is +0.3% to your roll per game, correct me if i'm wrong), this changes to 50% every 11.9 games, 60% every 10.7 games and 40% every 13.5 games.

Note that this is in casual. In ranked you get a bigger bonus to your rolls so it will be better.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Ty for suggestions! Now to save

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Thief posted:

time between rounds has been increasing when someone in the discord group asks you to cancel the que because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCzTZSa3teo

i personally like to slowly unzip because it increases the chances of a legendary item to flop out

you can also reseal the bag if you want to just push the air out and reseal it. you can't vacuum seal tho which is kind of disappointing - will the devs ever address this issue?

not to get tongue-deep around your rim, but I gotta say, 9/10ths of your posts are top tier hilarity

great moves, Thief, keep em up

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Is there a loot crate with a Poland map in it tia

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

AbortRetryFail posted:

Max Speed + Minimum gadget:

Ash / IQ / Capitao
Jaeger / Caveira kind of

Slower dudes with minimum gadget:

Sledge / Buck / Blackbeard
Rook

Gadget user but you might like:
Thatcher (destroys electronic gadgets with EMP grenades, sometimes pretty important you throw one at a wall your team is trying to breach though)
Pulse (heartbeat scanner gadget but it helps find people to shoot)

Yeah, even as a garbage newguy I've had a lot of success with Thatcher so far. He's got good guns and the gadget is both useful and dead simple to use. Just throw the thing at electrified walls and into the objective room and you've already contributed a fair bit. Additionally he seems to be a fairly rare pick, so I'm not feeling like I'm gimping my team by keeping an important pick out of the hands of somebody who actually knows what they're doing. IQ is pretty similar that way, but with her most of the time it seems to boil down to "Oh hey, there's a gadget there... and now I have no idea what to do with that information."

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Here's the pack rates for ranked too.

code:
Games per pack
Win%	        40%	50%	60%
Casual(No Pass)	14.5	12.7	11.4
Casual(Pass)	13.5	11.9	10.7
Ranked(No Pass)	11.6	10.2	9.2
Ranked(Pass)	11.0	9.7	8.8

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, even as a garbage newguy I've had a lot of success with Thatcher so far. He's got good guns and the gadget is both useful and dead simple to use. Just throw the thing at electrified walls and into the objective room and you've already contributed a fair bit. Additionally he seems to be a fairly rare pick, so I'm not feeling like I'm gimping my team by keeping an important pick out of the hands of somebody who actually knows what they're doing. IQ is pretty similar that way, but with her most of the time it seems to boil down to "Oh hey, there's a gadget there... and now I have no idea what to do with that information."

Thatcher is really useful but it's like playing a healer in an MMO in that it's a bitch role. What's really cool is when you emp the jammers and batteries off a wall then your thermite fucks off and dies isntead of blowing the wall.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

CJ posted:

I simulated pack rolls and with a 50% win rate you will get 1 pack per 12.7 games. With a 60% winrate it's about every 11.4 games. 40% is every 14.5 games.

With the season pass bonus (i heard this is +0.3% to your roll per game, correct me if i'm wrong), this changes to 50% every 11.9 games, 60% every 10.7 games and 40% every 13.5 games.

Note that this is in casual. In ranked you get a bigger bonus to your rolls so it will be better.

What's the number if you have a 95% win rate? Asking for some friends.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's actually every 8.2 games with a 100% win rate in casual with no pass. With the pass in ranked it's every 6.5 games.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Q8ee posted:

great moves, Thief, keep em up

💕

hop in discord and play with us if you havent yet. theres usually at least 1 or 2 full groups going every night

CJ posted:

Thatcher is really useful but it's like playing a healer in an MMO in that it's a bitch role. What's really cool is when you emp the jammers and batteries off a wall then your thermite fucks off and dies isntead of blowing the wall.

doc, the actual healer can respec as a devestating dps role using all his syringes for self heals while roaming

you can also revive downed enemies which might be the funniest thing in the game next to killing someone w/valk's black eye cameras

buck is the pure guns no bullshit character, you'll probably love him

his ability is simply a permanent weapon attatchment that lets you quickly toggle between your rifle and shotgun. its very good for quickly destroying entire wooden walls as fast as you can press the button. the only real downside is there isn't much ammo for it

you can choose between an assault rifle and a DMR so he is really flexible in terms of range and playstyle, making him hard to predict what his next move will be if experienced

he gets a frag grenade too which is something that has been periodically stripped away from other attackers

also he is hardly ever picked compared to ops like ash so you should never have a problem getting to play him

but tbh if you dont have a season pass the dlc guys are all very expensive and you could unlock multiple operators in the meantime. much of the fun of this game comes from playing all the different operators. the abilities keep things fresh and are a big reason why this is the main fps i play. when you focus in a single operator you'll eventually master them and get burnt out - at that point you can just change your loadout or even play someone else and totally change the style and flow of your game!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Buck is best.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Thief posted:

💕hop in discord and play with us if you havent yet. theres usually at least 1 or 2 full groups going every night

you're all mainly American, which means stuff only starts kicking off around 10pm UK time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well we usually actually play late night, like anywhere from mighnight to 4am eastern (-5gmt iirc?)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Q8ee posted:

you're all mainly American, which means stuff only starts kicking off around 10pm UK time.

We've got a few euros in the mumble server.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard can you personally fix this:

https://streamable.com/ezug9

You'll notice I am a ghost, staring at the back of my killer.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Buck's amazing on map with destructible floors, like Border. You can do the same thing you do with Sledge, that is go above the point and blast people from above, or you can mix it up and go below the combat area and shoot people from below. Works wonders on Border and Canal, my favorite tactic is to blow hatches from below people, and shoot then when they fall suddenly. And if noone falls, just chuck a grenade in there, a lot of those angles allow you to force defenders to move from their camp spots, giving your team the chance to gently caress them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The always evolving meta in this game comes down to:

Do random poo poo
Hope it works out

• Locked thread