Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

My one good clip from yesterday.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GreedyPowerfulGalapagosdove.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nice shooting

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Doesn't end in a wave nor teabag, :frogout:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

JorgeHWB posted:

Perks of being the IT guy with a Windows 10 laptop...

It's going to spend that entire time updating?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

4v4 pvp bad

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Whelp ten seconds into the beta and I have to say the subtitles placement is way better

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Guys I'm enjoying the fusion rifle.

https://giant.gfycat.com/IncompleteBlueAbyssiniangroundhornbill.mp4

qbert fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 19, 2017

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

most of my captures so far have been screenshotting pubbies finishing the strike with like 40 kills.

Wow, you told me you wouldn't say anything.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DLC Inc posted:

if the story missions don't amount to like 30 and the strike content isn't at least 20 then this game will be garbage. I remember at one time there were only like 6 or 7 strikes on the "official playlist" for Destiny 1 (the older ones never got put into the "official" playlists at higher difficulties) and thinking "what a rotten loving deal."

I think you are forgetting that Destiny shipped with 6 strikes. 5 if you were on the bone.

It was pretty loving bad. But at least PvP worked back then.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the full game is going to be a little different to the beta build. I think weapons will go up a little and cool downs will go down a little.

I hope they adjust the match making slightly but I doubt it.

I won't ever get tired of the pvp tears about facing teams in "competitive" mode though. Like lol what did you expect?

Gonna roll a warlock tonight and see how that plays.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mantling is a blessing so far

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Skim Milk posted:

It's going to spend that entire time updating?

nope, it's not a work laptop so it isn't bound by WSUS updates....

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao at people still acting like being good at destiny pvp is anything to be proud about, you where top dog at one of the shittiest, most broken unbalanced piles of poo poo ever to be called competitive, good for you I guess? no wonder the crying is so rampant, you lack the crutches and suddenly realize how trash you actually are.

btw, 10/10 bungie on making the hunter worthless garbage in pve, the one thing you fixed after about a year is now an issue again.

"So we have the titan here, hes got this barricade thingy he can drop, the warlock can drop rifts to heal or empower"

"How about the hunter"

"A gay dodge that reloads their gun"

good stuff, wonder if the one piece of equipment per boss kill will be the norm, I mean that be dumb but yea.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Somebody needs a baba and a burpie

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how many destiny 1 pvpers are bad at destiny 2? are you even talking about anyone here?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

el B posted:

Somebody needs a baba and a burpie

Is it me? Do I need those things?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

most of my captures so far have been screenshotting pubbies finishing the strike with like 40 kills.

I did one yesterday where someone had literally 9

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The gay reload thing was super fun to use with the exotic HC

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

lmao at people still acting like being good at destiny pvp is anything to be proud about, you where top dog at one of the shittiest, most broken unbalanced piles of poo poo ever to be called competitive, good for you I guess? no wonder the crying is so rampant, you lack the crutches and suddenly realize how trash you actually are.

btw, 10/10 bungie on making the hunter worthless garbage in pve, the one thing you fixed after about a year is now an issue again.

"So we have the titan here, hes got this barricade thingy he can drop, the warlock can drop rifts to heal or empower"

"How about the hunter"

"A gay dodge that reloads their gun"

good stuff, wonder if the one piece of equipment per boss kill will be the norm, I mean that be dumb but yea.

I need to see receipts of at least 6 more copies before I can rate this post "garbage tier", up from "trash tier".

git gud ya wanker

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The most striking thing to me so far is how bad that sidearm warlocks start with is.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Republicans posted:

The most striking thing to me so far is how bad that sidearm warlocks start with is.

Yeah, I feel like I've given everything a fair shake at this point and that thing is dogshit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah, I feel like I've given everything a fair shake at this point and that thing is dogshit.

Glad it's not just me, I wanted to give sidearms a try and gave it exactly one death before I swapped off that garbage gun.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Republicans posted:

For PVE, I dont see anyone using any SMGs or sidearms when the game launches. Pulse/HC/Auto/Scout are just so much more versatile. I haven't spent a lot of time testing everything though.

SMGs were destroying poo poo in PVP within their shotgun-esque range they kinda feel like full auto sidearms.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

texaholic posted:

The gay reload thing was super fun to use with the exotic HC

I used the replenishing melee option for the gunslinger and had a lot of fun in PvE. :shrug:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

texaholic posted:

For PVE, I dont see anyone using any SMGs or sidearms when the game launches. Pulse/HC/Auto/Scout are just so much more versatile. I haven't spent a lot of time testing everything though.

SMGs were destroying poo poo in PVP within their shotgun-esque range they kinda feel like full auto sidearms.

That exotic SMG warlocks get during the opening is pretty great, especially since all the cabal grunts do arc damage. That thing just dumps.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Republicans posted:

since all the cabal grunts do arc damage.

relearning all the enemy weapon elements is uh, weirdly a thing I'm looking forwards to

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
This has probably been asked before, but does Destiny play differently on PS4 than it does on Xbone? I've been playing on Xbox for a while, and when I checked out the beta on PS4 yesterday it felt a lot more floaty and.. I guess "bouncy" is the closest word I can think of to describe it. I figured this was just a change they made for the sequel but I just played through the beta story mission on Xbox and it's exactly what I'm used to.

Maybe my PS4 controller is hosed up.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

I'm hopeful that a lot of the stuff can be tweaked, like TTK and cooldowns, but the inherent 'slowness' of the game now feels weird coming from the frenetic energy of destiny 1.

also, in-air accuracy is so bad, woof.

for those complaining about starter weapons, the classes all start with different weapons. imo the titan has the best starting package of weapons, warlocks had the worst.

Doesn't the warlock start with the nergal? That's the best pvp gun for sure

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hey let's try this out, I got a code

4v4 is absolutely going to turn into a shitshow unless they dial up the sbmm to 11, where it will be another shitshow. 4 coordinated dudes can absolutely wipe the floor with the higher ttk and lack of abilities. I never even got super.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yeah some of the rapid mercy ruling yesterday was pretty shocking

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my favorite thing in quickplay is derailing 4 stacks who clearly washed out of competitive because they were dogshit

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
This may have been covered somewhere in the 600 replies I've yet to catch up on, but yesterday when I was playing, it seems like the jumping has been slowed down, and doesn't feel at all the same as D1. Am I crazy, or did they somewhat "nerf" the jump to make it somewhat harder?

Specifically on the Titan I noticed it was pretty bad. Warlock definitely had a different feel as well, and I didn't play the hunter because gently caress the hunter.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They reduced movement abilities to be wishing the bounds of their design.

Warlock and Titan skating was an unintended development and lead to bullshit like titans being able to claim lanes better than any other class, with strikers then able to lock them down with double nades.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
First of all, I'm glad they decided to take some design cues based on the Bone Krew's massive balls

I'm glad I can get 10 kill streaks for now
http://i.imgur.com/XStoKqb.gifv

I'm glad I have a new humiliation weapon
http://i.imgur.com/JajitHH.gifv

I'm glad I can revive in mid air
http://i.imgur.com/4bQORdL.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

4v4 is absolutely going to turn into a shitshow unless they dial up the sbmm to 11, where it will be another shitshow. 4 coordinated dudes can absolutely wipe the floor with the higher ttk and lack of abilities. I never even got super.

Told ya. They dont need to so poo poo to the match making. Apart from not kicking laggy cunts quick games is fine. No more waiting in orbit for 15 minutes owns.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you're finding titan slow run the 554 build cheese factory mentioned and turn on strafe jump.

Then use it like warlock surfing.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah, they need to increase weapon and melee damage and decrease ability cooldowns. At least for PvE.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What's the BetaMetaTM?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, I've had a handful of those performances and only got Super in half. Just had a 12 streak in Competitive five minutes ago. Only negative was a 1v4 I got abandoned into lol Easy pickings, and really enjoyable getting to actually shoot guns at mens instead of people just dying.

SBMM would ruin this at 11, but turned to 7 would be quite :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What's the BetaMetaTM?

Scathelocke/Nergal pry tho Nightshade/Deathstalker is poppin' buttholes for me. Power, Main Ingredient fusion or Retrofuturist shotty.