Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
he had the upgraded coin, it was just like finish it man? well i got told off and post game chat i was "stupid mid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

datajugend posted:

I was just told by 4 people on my team that sight stone and oracle is not the responsibility of the support after season 4. they even got huffy about it in post game chat. is my brain dead or is the meta in my mind

e: we had no vision and only won because enemy jungle disconnected.

Did the support build damage instead? They're dumb and bad if so

Only things that can sometime be built before SS are the 500g support item upgrade and maaayyybe upgraded boots.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

datajugend posted:

they even got huffy about it in post game chat. is my brain dead or is the meta in my mind

my friend we live in a post-escalator, post-fact world

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
when i play soraka i build warmog's armor but i admit im too feckless and cowardly to do so before i get sightstone

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You're putting your team at a dramatic disadvantage by not purchasing Sightstone. It seriously boggles my mind whenever I see supports not getting it. Like, if nothing else, being able to ward my own river to make sure I'm not about to get dumpstered by Lee Sin the instant I poke my nose past the midpoint gives me immense peace of mind.

kingcobweb posted:

Only things that can sometime be built before SS are the 500g support item upgrade and maaayyybe upgraded boots.

I think Medallion/Frostfang are legitimate purchases if you go back and don't have the full 800g, but I generally only buy them first if at least two of these three things are true:
  • We've absolutely crushed them in lane and I want to keep exerting pressure (more Frostfang than Medallion).
  • I'm in little danger of them all-inning me and fragging me before I have a chance to escape.
  • Their jungler is a very linear ganker like Master Yi who I don't need a lot of advanced or odd ward coverage (e.g. over the wall into redside tri) to be able to see and respond appropriately to.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 19, 2017

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

kingcobweb posted:

rakan followed the recommended item builds list thing in shop, but skipped the one item

e: "after the new trinkets came out support dont need it anymore" his words

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

when i play soraka i build warmog's armor but i admit im too feckless and cowardly to do so before i get sightstone

Don't Do This

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Don't Do This

coward spotted

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

coward spotted

You won't have 2750 max health to trigger the passive. It's awful

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
With a sensible build you trigger it around level 15 or so, usually games don't last long enough but it makes a pretty good last item.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

you hit 2750 at level 15 if you have an eye of the oasis and a redemption (e; lol nice misguided rage). you go eye -> redemption -> (locket of iron solari/ardent censor/mikhael's crucible, depending on situation) -> warmogs, which almost always finishes up at level 14 or 15 anyway. if you have an absurdly huge amount of gold and youre less than level 13 you've probably already won the game, but if not you can get one of the random support items you skipped out on in the middle of the build while you're waiting for your levels to catch up.

once the warmogs passive activates nobody on your team has to recall anymore and you can actually start picking up objectives when you win fights. i obviously have nothing but respect for the people who go all in on a rabadon deathcap, but this is what i've found to be the most overall effective build. and to be fair to you this build path didn't work at all until like two patches ago when the health trigger for warmogs was reduced

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

warmogs on soraka is good in the same way shiv on thresh is good. they are both good on the character but really clunky to actually pick up, games have to be very slow paced in order to let you pick something like that

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

kingcobweb posted:

Actually, in my scientific, data-driven analysis of professional players playing Soraka, Jesiz built Warmogs on Soraka just this week.

After his dark seal and spirit visage.

In a 3-0-16 game.

And no one else has built in the last 3 weeks... I like it in aram, and I have occasionally built warmogs in like ultra late game when I don't want to get bursted and we're going to win anyway, or if I have too many actives to handle.

Generally though, the correct transition is into AP soraka imo. If they're dead they can't hurt your allies so you won't need to heal.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you don't build a sightstone as support you won't be killed when you try and ward and then get either question pinged after you die or back pinged while you're stunned and at 20% health with 3 people on you.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

here is the full video for 13 health pot morde they took it off youtube for some reason and put it private but i found a copy of the video by going on some chinese blogs google cache version of the website to get the original link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-7JrHemY0

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looking at old League videos is legitimately strange. Like, I can't loving believe the game used to look like that, and that I actually still played it even though it looked like that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i actually want a mod to make the game look more like that. not quite the level of 0 animations but i mean i vastly prefer the cartoony style of old rift to the new college art school dropout comic book about norse mythology as written by a welsh guy aesthetic they have going on

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

pog boyfriend posted:

i actually want a mod to make the game look more like that. not quite the level of 0 animations but i mean i vastly prefer the cartoony style of old rift to the new college art school dropout comic book about norse mythology as written by a welsh guy aesthetic they have going on

Thankfully, this new art style was also built with readability of combat in mind. Also it doesn't look like a child's notebook doodle. That it's moe interesting visually is just a bonus.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Thankfully, this new art style was also built with readability of combat in mind. Also it doesn't look like a child's notebook doodle. That it's moe interesting visually is just a bonus.

alright that is cool, but i still prefer the old style and would like a mod to go back to it if possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

Also it doesn't look like a child's notebook doodle.
*looking at the latest released champion* disagreed

yazirian
Sep 3, 2004

What is the worst thing you can hear in champion select?

My submission: "We're smurfs. Don't ban yasuo." --the bot laners

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the quiet reflection on "Broken" by Seether ft. Amy Lee for the first couple of minutes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

yazirian posted:

I think literally anyone saying, "Can anyone play X role? I got autofilled," followed by deafening silence from the rest of the team.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yazirian posted:

"hey guys no cussing my son is only 6 but he wants to play league of legends like his dad :)"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Endorph posted:

*looking at the latest released champion* disagreed

The Darkin are... yeah...

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

what if instead of eve's stupid current passive her champion portrait just doesn't show up on the mini map. and some % health damage.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

what if instead of eve's stupid current passive her champion portrait just doesn't show up on the mini map. and some % health damage.

Glad you added on a passive that works below plat

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

I think literally anyone saying, "Can anyone play X role? I got autofilled," followed by deafening silence from the rest of the team.

Whenever the ADC says this I let out the world's loudest groan

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm genuinely, morbidly curious what playing ADC with an autofilled support is like. It seriously feels like the majority of my lane victories in Gold are because there's a 76% chance that the guy opposite to me has no idea what a level 2 all-in is, or how fast your health evaporates when it's two people doing it versus one.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
poo poo man, I've had I think two or three games playing Sion top and our support didn't buy sightstone and I just said gently caress it and picked it up myself.

I'd probably still do that on Cho and... Naut?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Pussy Quipped posted:

Man, making her more like Phantom Assassin is a good idea, hah.

Change her ultimate back to the resetting steroid, change her passive to PA's blur minus the Dodge, and maybe give her reduced damage from creep and monsters again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

pog boyfriend posted:

here is the full video for 13 health pot morde they took it off youtube for some reason and put it private but i found a copy of the video by going on some chinese blogs google cache version of the website to get the original link

It might be the part where he goes "GET. FCUCKING. RAPED." Maybe. Perhaps.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Vermain posted:

I'm genuinely, morbidly curious what playing ADC with an autofilled support is like. It seriously feels like the majority of my lane victories in Gold are because there's a 76% chance that the guy opposite to me has no idea what a level 2 all-in is, or how fast your health evaporates when it's two people doing it versus one.

Hi. It's a nightmare. I usually die twice in completely winnable all-ins and then just hug tower and take what CS I can while my mid-turned-support spams chat about how I'm falling behind in CS.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm I too enjoy that super poo poo look of the old League.

Good ol' wraiths. Remember when riot was too lazy to make a proper model for the new jungle camp and instead used a gigantic wraith? Good times. I miss Clairvoyance too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

It might be the part where he goes "GET. FCUCKING. RAPED." Maybe. Perhaps.

possibly, but there is no official statement, and it is weird to put the video with over a million views that is supposedly such a shame that it has to be taken off the internet forever as private instead of removing it.

E: actually, dyrus has that exact moment as a clip on his official youtube so that is definitely not the case. that was my first thought too though

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 20, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Old league became the most popular pvp game in the world on the back of bright pink character models being fuckin weirdos, new league is dying, cloud, in a field of muddy browns and greens while everyone plays the extremely colorful overwatch....

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Old league became the most popular pvp game in the world on the back of bright pink character models being fuckin weirdos, new league is dying, cloud, in a field of muddy browns and greens while everyone plays the extremely colorful overwatch....

Pink Taric should be his default skin.

Give everyone a pink skin and make it the default.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

retroactively ban this man

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
why the hell is kassadin's Q range so long, jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Pussy Quipped posted:

This would actually be terrible because it would create play habits of constantly checking everywhere on the map you have warded. That doesn't sound like any fun, but would also be the best way to play against her.

• Locked thread