Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

Will Sessions resign before the night is over?

Not a chance in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

skylined! posted:

someone is whispering this poo poo into trumps ear and he may just fire sessions

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/887849056101388288

OH man there's a still a chance for me! :pray:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I always liked McCain. Sure he’s done some boneheaded things, but I’m not sure it’s possible to spend more than 2 or 3 terms in the Senate and not make political concessions that come back to haunt you.

Senators rarely ever become Presidents for that reason (Obama being the first since Johnson and the first sitting Senator since JFK). Too much political baggage.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Trump Thread II: Not racial just curios

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

skylined! posted:

someone is whispering this poo poo into trumps ear and he may just fire sessions

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/887849056101388288

It'd be great if he does this and the new guy recuses himself immediately

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sessions getting fired might be worth the price of Mueller also getting fired.

Sessions can't go back to his old job. Filing deadline has already passed for the special election.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

EngineerJoe posted:

Will Sessions resign before the night is over?

it will take an awful lot for sessions to resign. if it does, that's the end of his career, and it's reported that he was very much against joining the campaign during the election because if it failed it would be the end of his career.

he is a piece of poo poo garbage person but also very proud and very ideologically anchored to seeing this all through

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Covok posted:

You know, guys, I lost my grandmother to lung cancer a few years back and my 30 year old uncle died of a random aneurysm that took him out of nowhere. My grandmother on my other side had a sister who suffered from dementia. This things are not easy on anyone involved. The family, the victim, everyone suffers. It's a horrible situation that shouldn't be praised or made a joke of. We shouldn't let politics turn us into uncaring monsters. Yes, he was a bad politician who did bad things, but this is nothing to cheer about. The guy is going to suffer, his family is going to suffer, and it's horrible that such things happen at all. None of this is funny. None of this is a joke. None of this is something to be happy about.

Good post and I totally agree.

But his McCain's loving Comey interview was funny as hell and now that I understand it, maybe not so much.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Gasp! He dares to use the D word?!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

peeonwe posted:

It's absolutely physical because people's bodies, what they can and cannot do with them, is on the line with politics. I'm not going to lament the tragedy of "losing my humanity" by withholding my sympathies from those who want to imprison the non-violent and bankrupt the sick. This poo poo isn't a game, it isn't a friendly debate, it is life and death for a lot of people and it takes a ton or privilege to believe that we need to "comport ourselves civilly" when looking at the way we treat the marginalized in this country.

I think we are arguing from two different platforms here, but let me respond first to: "comport ourselves civilly." I know how Victorian, almost, that sounds, but what I meant was "don't act like a giant cock when you get your point across, no matter how strongly you feel about it. Try to be an adult." It's a debate strategy, not a way to be 'proper.' You can be civil and angry - furious, even. No, it's not a game or anything even approaching friendly. I'm not trying to say "when they go low, we go high," that's just fuckin stupid, has been tried and didn't work. I suppose I believe how we behave in an ideological battle, should we win, will help to set (not RE-set) the social norms a bit less frothing and screamy, and not let Trumpinistas have too much of a legacy.

2e- And it IS absolutely physical, my own poor choice of words.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 20, 2017

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Trump:

"I prefer Senator's who don't have weak bodies. Loser!"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

Of all the things I expected vb to eulogize about ( keeping in mind the bastard's not even dead yet lol), count me as not expecting the angle "he stood with the country that killed vilerat"

I like the part where he made up the idea that Democrats wanted Obama's war to fail miserably.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Can't wait for the republican questions at the confirmation hearings after trump fires their buddy Jeff

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

skylined! posted:

i hope it does

i hope he fires sessions and then tries to appoint frank stallone or some dumb piece of trash

and then he can't. because he can't get them confirmed.

Please Allah, I've been a reasonably good boy this week

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did the McCain news break right in the middle of the Trump / Senators whine-and-beg dinner?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sinteres posted:

I like the part where he made up the idea that Democrats wanted Obama's war to fail miserably.

I like the part where the two star speakers at his funeral will be the fat orange fuckwit who mocked his combat service and the charismatic black man who kicked his rear end. A fitting capstone to the life of a giant of the senate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If, in retrospect, that nonsensical rant McCain went on during the Comey hearing was a symptom of his brain tumor is it too much to hope that Trump's brain is full of tumors as well?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

McCain being so incoherent at that one hearing makes a bit more sense now.

Well, he's a piece of poo poo, but I hope he retires and recovers to whatever extent is possible at his age.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I like how trump is freaking out now that finances are being looked at.

This is the straw that breaks the camels back.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Not to set the bar too low but McCain was one of the few Republicans who came out against torture, back when that was thing anyone gave a poo poo about. As Republicans go, I'll take him, especially 'McCain vs. Bush' era John McCain. I don't like him and never voted for him for anything but some of you guys are being real giant loving assholes about this cancer thing.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

OH man there's a still a chance for me! :pray:

just a heads up i lol'd

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Gasp! He dares to use the D word?!

At this point Americans should be happy he didn't use the J word knowing agent orange.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

Why don't you try reading.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

BiggerBoat posted:

Not to set the bar too low but McCain was one of the few Republicans who came out against torture, back when that was thing anyone gave a poo poo about. As Republicans go, I'll take him, especially 'McCain vs. Bush' era John McCain. I don't like him and never voted for him for anything but some of you guys are being real giant loving assholes about this cancer thing.

on the other hand he was okay with taking away healthcare from millions of people

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

So is Inhofe made chair of the Senate Armed Services committee automatically if McCain dies / steps down?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

nachos posted:

Can't wait for the republican questions at the confirmation hearings after trump fires their buddy Jeff

Did Hillary Clinton unmask Sessions in this fake dossier?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If, in retrospect, that nonsensical rant McCain went on during the Comey hearing was a symptom of his brain tumor is it too much to hope that Trump's brain is full of tumors as well?

Given that his last medical exam was performed by a hyena in a lab coat, he very well could be cancer-ridden. All those years of spray tan can't be good for a man.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ReidRansom posted:

McCain being so incoherent at that one hearing makes a bit more sense now.

Well, he's a piece of poo poo, but I hope he retires and recovers to whatever extent is possible at his age.

I maybe agree with the recovery part. :v: A Senator McCain that can't perform his duties is preferable to whatever rear end in a top hat Governor Ducey will replace him with.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sorry, no. Trump's brain is full of cheese balls.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't like him and never voted for him for anything but some of you guys are being real giant loving assholes about this cancer thing.

If this is true, I find it very concerning, just highly concerning.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9kumiroe6M

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lote posted:

I'm hearing tons about it. It's the front thing on the US section of CNN and on the front page of New York Times webpage. :shrug:

I know weird. I expected more insight and brevity from Frank Stallone of all people. Strange times we live in.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Like maybe Trump doesn't even have a brain anymore. Maybe its one brain sized tumor. And it's somehow keeping his corpse animated.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Everyone noticed because McCain usually speaks clearly and rambling is out of character for him. Trump has always been a blithering idiot.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I love how by the second clip they are already reaching.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
A person thinks the world would be better off with you dead, not because of anything you've done. The person dies suddenly, before they can kill you. This is good, because now good people might live longer.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Guy Farting posted:

This thread is sometimes awful.

GBM is a poo poo diagnosis.

You can hate McCain's policies and also have sympathy for his situation. He is a human being. Yes his decisions affected other human beings and you should also have sympathy for their situations as well.

Christ.

I'm sorry, but this is just not at all what Christ had to say about hypocrites.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The President of the United States posted:

TRUMP: He said I said “hope” — “I hope you can treat Flynn good” or something like that. I didn’t say anything.

But even if he did — like I said at the news conference on the, you know, Rose Garden — even if I did, that’s not — other people go a step further. I could have ended that whole thing just by saying — they say it can’t be obstruction because you can say: “It’s ended. It’s over. Period.”

this interview is basically incomprehensible nonsense sprinkled with threats of criminal acts

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Would be great if Sessions got fired, but he had offered to resign due to the Russia thing a few months ago and Trump refused to let him do it.

also PISS TAPE IS REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pollyanna posted:

:gonk: I really hope this doesn't happen the way Trump wants it to.

Trump firing Sessions, one of his first and most loyal supporters, would be a poo poo storm in and of itself. Having his new AG come in and interfere with Mueller's investigation would not go over well with anyone who isn't a Teahadist and if that person fired Mueller it might actually be enough to make moderates and Never-Trumpers in Congress finally turn on him. Assuming Trump could get his nominee confirmed in the first place.

Not that Trump seems likely to fire Sessions, but who the gently caress knows. Someone whispering in his ear for a few minutes about how Sessions recused himself as part of a long game to discredit Trump would probably result in some angry-at-sessions tweets.

• Locked thread