Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I love it. Even his own inner circle who espouse racism, etc. are acting like they are wrangling in a giant toddler.

e:
doggo pic broken, sorry

Hastings fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Can they subpoena the pee tape?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Ammanas posted:

Because he's thoughtful in his bootlicking and ostensibly doesn't want to annihilate the system of government we've had for last 80 years.

Az is an insanely right wing, racist, STUPID state full of the rejects and psychopath retirees that couldn't stand how 'liberal' CA is. Imagine another King or Cotton in the Senste.

It can get a lot worse than McCain

This keeps being said, but when did McCain ever stand up to the GOP when it would have made a difference? Is generic slimeball teaparty guy #6 going to deviate off his voting record?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways President Palin would be worse than President Trump. Just as bad, sure. But worse?

Her popularity/approval rating would be way way higher amongst Republicans. She'd probably also have passed more poo poo by now.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Oracle posted:

Its a glioblastoma. Same tumor Kennedy died of. McCain's got about two years tops.

Friend had the same, docs claimed they got it all as it was encased in a cyst. Radiation fsced her memory up and gave her micro seizures. She was declared cancer free but was dead two years later just before she turned 30.
This poo poo is insidious.

He shouldn't be back at work if he has radiation. He won't be 100% mentally (like the Rs care about sanity lol)

Maybe the tumour explains McCain's really wierd questions at the hearing...

n3wt fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 23, 2017

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
i think the dehumanization of your political opponent has made it too easy to justify saying some truly repulsive poo poo like "actually, cancer is good"

trumpites do it. they think obama is the devil and hitlery kkklinton is her birth name. so good job staring into the abyss i guess.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pee tape is coming.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

mod sassinator posted:

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders, can polonium poisoning cause a brain tumor like we see?

Radiation carcinogenesis tends to take on the order of decades. It also doesn't go to the brain, as per this paper I found that investigates how it works when ingested: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20160613094543/https://www.litvinenkoinquiry.org/files/2015/04/INQ017269wb.pdf

edit: the brain isn't considered to be very radiosensitive to begin with, either

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 20, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

n3wt posted:

Friend had the same, docs claimed they got it all as it was encased in a cyst. Radiation fsced her memory up and gave her micro seizures. She was declared cancer free but was dead two years later just before she turned 30.
This poo poo is insidious.

He shouldn't be back at work if he has radiation. He won't be 100% mentally (like the Rs care about sanity lol)

Maybe the tumour explains McCain's really wierd questions at the hearing...

I think it had to have played a role. He's not always agreeable, and not always coherent, but he was indistinguishable from a street preacher during that hearing. I was kind of questioning his health at the time, so this isn't super surprising.

https://twitter.com/SoccerMouaz/status/887846997776105472

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dick Trauma posted:

Can they subpoena the pee tape?

I was wondering if they would ask junior if the tape is real.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Guy Farting posted:

i think the dehumanization of your political opponent has made it too easy to justify saying some truly repulsive poo poo like "actually, cancer is good"

trumpites do it. they think obama is the devil and hitlery kkklinton is her birth name. so good job staring into the abyss i guess.

Oh no, I'm not eulogizing a giant piece of poo poo. That makes me equivalent to people who support policies that suppress the rights of minorities and doom the sick to die or go bankrupt.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Pakled posted:

"I like people who don't get brain cancer. :smug:"

edit: you mother fucker and this fast moving thread. Christ, I've seen chat rooms move slower

Bicyclops posted:

I did cognitive behavioral therapy and only save enough stuff to put in one big Rubbermaid container called the Memories Box, although my very patient wife has to help me let go of old clothes to donate, throw away paper when I'm done writing on it and will never use it again, and throw away old, dead electronics. There was a long time when, for example, I had every pair of shoes that I wore in my adult life. OCD is hell, and is an actual mental illness, unlike collecting things, which is a hobby.

Holy poo poo. I was actually trying to make a joke and you got all real on me there. Well, ummm...cool you;re not stockpiling firearms I guess. Godspeed.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 20, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

I think it had to have played a role. He's not always agreeable, and not always coherent, but he was indistinguishable from a street preacher during that hearing. I was kind of questioning his health at the time, so this isn't super surprising.

https://twitter.com/SoccerMouaz/status/887846997776105472

curse of assad claims another victim

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Do you think Eric, Ivanka, Tiffany or Barron have ever asked dad if the piss tape is real?

Like, even if they know as much as we do, they have to accept it as a possibility right? Even when they're denying it as a conspiracy theory, they have to think, what if?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/886586279307227136

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Farting posted:

Politics is a nasty business in deciding who gets what from the public coffer.

Only idiot liberals think the process is some kind of polite dinner party deliberation

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just had a horrible thought, what if Trump is the reason McCain has a brain cancer? Just denying him all throughout the 2016 election, then deeply concerning everything every day for 6 months, physically denying the horror he knew deep down was there just to let more Republican ideals be carried out formed a block of self loathing that manifested in his wish for death becoming real in his flesh?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

One name will come up above many others when a replacement for Sessions is brought to the table. But who?

You guessed it

https://twitter.com/Stallone/status/887303840151642114

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
someone is whispering this poo poo into trumps ear and he may just fire sessions

https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/887849056101388288

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways President Palin would be worse than President Trump. Just as bad, sure. But worse?

Everything Trump does because he's told it'll get him attention, Palin would do everything enthusiastically and gleefully, knowing full well the misery it would cause and reveling in it because it helps the Party. The biggest thing they have in common is that they'll do anything, both positive or negative, to raise their stars higher (or lower), so long as it's earning them eyeballs.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Peven Stan posted:

Politics is a nasty business in deciding who gets what from the public coffer.

Only idiot liberals think the process is some kind of polite dinner party deliberation

One can fight with their minds until red in tooth and claw for what they believe while comporting themselves civilly. Politics is brutal but not a physical melee.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 20, 2017

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Ague Proof posted:

Do you think Eric, Ivanka, Tiffany or Barron have ever asked dad if the piss tape is real?

Like, even if they know as much as we do, they have to accept it as a possibility right?
Do you think Ivanka isn't a co-star in it?

Eric probably has a copy for his own "archival" use.
Barron is only in the same room as his Dad when it's a photo-op, so when would he even ask?
Trump doesn't remember that Tiffany happened.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

pillsburysoldier posted:

One name will come up above many others when a replacement for Sessions is brought to the table. But who?

You guessed it

The guy that barely stared in Terror in Beverly Hills?!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

skylined! posted:

someone is whispering this poo poo into trumps ear and he may just fire sessions

:gonk: I really hope this doesn't happen the way Trump wants it to.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pillsburysoldier posted:

You guessed it

I'm hearing tons about it. It's the front thing on the US section of CNN and on the front page of New York Times webpage. :shrug:

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

Crabtree posted:

I just had a horrible thought, what if Trump is the reason McCain has a brain cancer? Just denying him all throughout the 2016 election, then deeply concerning everything every day for 6 months, physically denying the horror he knew deep down was there just to let more Republican ideals be carried out formed a block of self loathing that manifested in his wish for death becoming real in his flesh?

Dude, seriously. You can't manifest cancer with magical thinking. You might be able to get your blood pressure up a bit, maybe pickle your liver through drinking but no, people do not curse themselves sick.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

KickerOfMice posted:

One can fight with their minds tooth and claw for what they believe while comporting themselves civilly. Politics is brutal but not a physical melee.

It's absolutely physical because people's bodies, what they can and cannot do with them, is on the line with politics. I'm not going to lament the tragedy of "losing my humanity" by withholding my sympathies from those who want to imprison the non-violent and bankrupt the sick. This poo poo isn't a game, it isn't a friendly debate, it is life and death for a lot of people and it takes a ton or privilege to believe that we need to "comport ourselves civilly" when looking at the way we treat the marginalized in this country.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ague Proof posted:

Like, even if they know as much as we do, they have to accept it as a possibility right? Even when they're denying it as a conspiracy theory, they have to think, what if?

There's no way a family that forcibly interconnected doesn't know every single piece of poo poo thing their piece of poo poo father has ever done, and probably even stuff he doesn't even remember doing.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

skylined! posted:

Nixon speedrun lookin good!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

n3wt posted:

Dude, seriously. You can't manifest cancer with magical thinking. You might be able to get your blood pressure up a bit, maybe pickle your liver through drinking but no, people do not curse themselves sick.

Source?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lote posted:

I'm hearing tons about it. It's the front thing on the US section of CNN and on the front page of New York Times webpage. :shrug:

it's amazing how often people confuse their own ignorance + the limits of their perception for reality. i think this is the mark of an actual intelligent person, being aware of what you don't know

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

You guessed it

Noor is hosed.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
And, even more literally, it's physical because we have a sitting Congressman who punched a journalist for asking questions he didn't like. And his party sits by and seats him without even pretending to think maybe they shouldn't have people who assault others running the country. But, dear oh dear that some people don't give a gently caress that McCain is going to die of cancer. What monsters!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

business hammocks posted:

McCain could redeem himself by spending the time he has left speaking out on the importance of universal healthcare, his eyes opened by his recent experience.

Imagine the rhetorical power of seeing an enfeebled McCain fighting not to lose his train of thought as he addresses a crowd urging them to adopt or champion single-payer. He'd be like a dignified opposite of Trump, fighting to retain dignity as his mind melts to jelly.

Republicans will call him a "loser"

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

You guessed it

I wonder how quickly Frank Stallone raced to get @Stallone so his brother couldn't get it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Pollyanna posted:

:gonk: I really hope this doesn't happen the way Trump wants it to.

i hope it does

i hope he fires sessions and then tries to appoint frank stallone or some dumb piece of trash

and then he can't. because he can't get them confirmed.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Will Sessions resign before the night is over?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sessions getting fired might be worth the price of Mueller also getting fired.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

EngineerJoe posted:

Will Sessions resign before the night is over?

They've been floating this balloon for a month or two. I doubt it is going anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sessions getting fired might be worth the price of Mueller also getting fired.

But then we are assuming congress will act appropriately. Not getting that vibe.

• Locked thread