Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"We have no plans to announce for Coven at this time" is what they said at AX.
Considering it's just being ported to PS4 in Japan now, that's probably what they're waiting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Oh hell yes. DG2 is finally coming over :) Great news!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got Persona 4

(Dancing All Night)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

irlZaphod posted:

I got Persona 4

(Dancing All Night)

Good. P4 had good spinoffs and I hope P5 can follow the trend, since it's going to have a ton of spinoff games no matter what.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
The Persona 4 fighting games are really solid. Even if the story can be a bit bad. But the mechanics are top notch. The one complaint I have is that they implemented auto combo in the main mode. But in Blazblue they separated them by letting you choose between stylish and technical.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a little different because Stylish is a mode where you can just mash buttons and the game does huge combos for you but the P4A auto combo is often a unique set of moves that you can cancel at different times. I bet if P5A comes out they'll still use that same idea

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

Good. P4 had good spinoffs and I hope P5 can follow the trend, since it's going to have a ton of spinoff games no matter what.

I want them to make pq again but good this time

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

PQ felt like much worse diminishing returns than EO ever did, I didn't make it very far. I played a ton of P4A and P4DAN though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I see P4DAN is sticking close to the original game in terms of taking bloody ages to get to the actual game.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The actual dancing part is so spread out you only get a chance to really get good at it playing in arcade mode or whatever they call it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just fast fowarded through all the cutscenes so I could unlock the songs. It's a great game though. I think people were kind of down on the soundtrack/some of the remixes but I was into it

I'd like a P5 rhythm game/spinoffs in general but I wonder how likely that is without a Sony portable

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Liver Disaster posted:

PQ felt like much worse diminishing returns than EO ever did, I didn't make it very far. I played a ton of P4A and P4DAN though.

pq is like a 6/10 if I'm feeling generous but the concept is good and I wish the execution was better

really dig the music as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I just fast fowarded through all the cutscenes so I could unlock the songs. It's a great game though. I think people were kind of down on the soundtrack/some of the remixes but I was into it

I'd like a P5 rhythm game/spinoffs in general but I wonder how likely that is without a Sony portable

That didn't stop Persona Q coming out on the 3DS because no one has a Vita

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And with there already being switch rhythm games that can only be played in handheld mode there's a pretty obvious avenue, if they wanted to

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Since it was modeled off a game that needs a second screen it only makes sense, I don't know if anyone's actually made a 'draw your own map' game on Vita.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I've only really played 1 mission but DAN seems kind of difficult? I find that I tend to be keeping an eye on one side of the screen as the beats approach the hit boxes, but then another beat will be going to the other side of the screen and I won't see it. Should I just try to keep an eye on the centre and get the timing right on the inputs?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

irlZaphod posted:

I've only really played 1 mission but DAN seems kind of difficult? I find that I tend to be keeping an eye on one side of the screen as the beats approach the hit boxes, but then another beat will be going to the other side of the screen and I won't see it. Should I just try to keep an eye on the centre and get the timing right on the inputs?

If I remember right then on the easy and normal difficulties the beats always appear in a clockwise rotation, so start in the centre and move your gaze clockwise with the beats, if that makes sense. As you get more practice you can keep your eyes in the centre more and take less time to respond to the new beats that appear. It took me a while to get used to, but it becomes much easier and natural as you get further in.

*Edit*

By moving clockwise I mean that on the right side the top beats with always appear before the bottom ones, and the other way around for the left side. So if you move your gaze clockwise all the time you shouldn't be missing any beats appearing. As you get more familiar with the music and learn how the beats match up with the music, you spend less time looking at each beat which gives you more time to find the next one.

In short, it just takes some practice.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 7, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I had it on Standard / Easy but they're definitely not moving clockwise from one to the next. I'm pretty sure I had one which went from Triangle to Down, which are diagonally opposite.

I'll give it a go again later, I probably need to practice more. I'm used to EBA which was obviously touchscreen based rather than button based.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

My trick is to focus on the center and keep the time in my head, it's not as nice as tapping the screen for me though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I had it on Standard / Easy but they're definitely not moving clockwise from one to the next. I'm pretty sure I had one which went from Triangle to Down, which are diagonally opposite.

I'll give it a go again later, I probably need to practice more. I'm used to EBA which was obviously touchscreen based rather than button based.

you should be looking toward the center but if you rotate your eyes around clockwise than the notes won't come up behind you

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
How is the Vita's World of Final Fantasy performance compared to the PS4's? I'm mostly concerned with loading times, I can live with lower framerate and the graphics will obviously have lower resolution, but it's mostly chibi art and turn based, to boot.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Frame rate drops, but it's fine. Given, I don't have the PS4 one, but I rarely ever wish I did due to performance.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also you need to download the voice separately if you buy the physical version. Not sure about the digital version.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks, I guess I'll be getting it - it's half as expensive as the PS4 version and that's a little worse performance.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Like most RPGs it's better to have it on a handheld anyway, I should really get back to WoFF.

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 13, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally cracked the copy of Steins;Gate 0 that's been on my shelf for near 8 months now.

Two generic questions:
1. Is it of a comparable length to the original?
2. How obscure are the hidden flags for the true ending (if there even is one)?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

1) yes
2) it's much more cut and dry. it's just based on if you choose to answer your phone, at like four different points.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Regarding WoFF you have to download the English VO for the digital version also. It's a comparatively large file, over 600 MB, but the voices are the-worth it. Or would that be worth the-it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQrjigO-4Y

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not even I bought Drive Girls, let that serve as a warning

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That game looks like total garbage, and I will buy it with remorse.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

That game looks like total garbage, and I will buy it with remorse.
:same:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm interested in picking up a Vita if only for the Persona back catalog. Started with 5, anything I should be aware of going backwards? Also which Vita is considered to be the one to get?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PJOmega posted:

I'm interested in picking up a Vita if only for the Persona back catalog. Started with 5, anything I should be aware of going backwards? Also which Vita is considered to be the one to get?
You should be aware that Persona 1 is a pretty bad game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Is Atelier Shallie good? It's on a sale and is the only one I don't have, but after trying Sophie and really not liking it I'm wary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's better than Sophie at least

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not as good as Ayesha or E&L. It feels like 90% of the music tracks are variations of the same theme. And the plot is even more meandering than usual. The characters are kinda bland, but I like Homura and Miruca.

The quest UI is beyond hosed. The overlay will display what quest you finished most recently, not your current objective. There's also four variations of sidequests to keep track of, and they make it unnecessarily hard to figure out what to do next. It's the most bizarre thing.

The crafting is not as good as in E&L but you can craft some pretty over the top stuff, which brings me to the battle system. It's much faster than the earlier games and pretty fun. Definitely the highlight of the game for me.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 20, 2017

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks, I'll guess I'll pass over this one, I still have a hearthy backlog, so I'd rather not add to it with another game of significant length.

And with the Big in Japan Sale I finally bought Wayfarer of Time and Gungnir, so that's another two long RPGs to finish, along with WoFF and whoatever other games I have on my download list that're awaiting their turn.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

PJOmega posted:

3 and 4 don't have a stupid cat controlling your life. :mad:

There might be a few QoL differences, but both P3P and P4G allow you to control your party members so it's not too bad from that point of view. Also in P3P you don't move your character directly outside of dungeons. Inside dungeons it's the same as in P5, but outside you have a sort of point and click interface to move around the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

You should be aware that Persona 1 is a pretty bad game.

the gameplay in 2 is super dated as well and the games before 3 aren't the same kind of game at all

3 and 4 aren't as stylish as 5 and the main dungeons are like the side dungeon thing in 5. I forget what it's called but it's the one with the reaper but minus the cat that turns into a van. I'd also suggest playing as a girl in p3p because the s-links are better (except ken)