Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone know if there's a way to see shield on fflogs instead of just pure healing? Would be helpful for AST/SCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
MCH feels so...I dunno. Homogenized now? There's no way to play other than just whack-a-mole your lit buttons in the exact order every time as they come off cooldown.

The damage is a little better. Utility-wise Dismantle is still very uhhh but Hypercharge is a free Expanded Balance with 25% uptime so that's, not exactly terrible I guess.

64-66 in the zone where you have heated shots so you want heat, but don't yet have stabilizer or flamethrower suuuuuuuuuuuucks though. I got thrown into tidedad normal for trials which is that range and I wished I could turn the gun on myself.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 20, 2017

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We need an FFVIII raid where your in combat special ability is Draw. The mechanics will all be ignorable, and you win the fight by hitting Draw over and over, and healing for at least 12 solid minutes, you then do a token limit break to end the fight.

Also a remix of Man with the Machine Gun would be great.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Since stormblood TPT gained more hyurs than cat people.. disappointing

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 20, 2017

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Also sorry but I forgot about the eu FC when I did this lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dryzen posted:

Also sorry but I forgot about the eu FC when I did this lol
That's OK

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Also a remix of Man with the Machine Gun would be great.
Way ahead of ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBuUsODscSs

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

:perfect:

Can't wait for junction and draw to randomly and arbitrarily give the WHM the highest strength in the group.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Minrad posted:

Speaking of which, doma castle's second boss felt oddly familiar but I couldn't place where from. Was looking at a list of FF7 bosses the other day when I was talking about ideas for O5-8 and o9-12, and noticed this jerk

This guy has been in dungeons and I don't think enough people are talking about it

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 20, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
can anyone think of a way in which this is possible?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yoshi-P's nephew?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
well, they cast tether (go ahead, look it up) and hardcasted veraeros on multiple targets, and used scatter on single targets, so

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Any idea what's coming with the sudden hotfix dropping tomorrow?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Reiterpallasch posted:

...A GM character? There's no way that should be possible without some kind of major bug allowing access to RDM earlier than it's supposed to be.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Can you jump potion a job you don't actually have unlocked? That's my best guess.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They probably did the story jump potion but not level jump potion

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Looks like they used a story skip potion without also doing a level boost, and I guess Red Mage unlock doesn't have a level requirement.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's no story requirement on RDM or SAM. It should be level 50 dow/m only.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Doesn't the msq jump pots just advance the story and are separate from the leveling pots?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It's just a bug with the search info http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18354924/

They bought a 60 boost for DRK which let them get SAM and RDM

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
someone in fc chat tracked down their lodestone profile (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18354924/) and they have DRK and SAM unlocked...which is still impossible, so now there's two impossible questions:

1) GLD 1 / SAM 50 / DRK 60 / RDM 63 should still be impossible
2) why was the search interface wrong

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you can jump pot drk though, can't you?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Xarbala posted:

you can jump pot drk though, can't you?

Can you jump pot a job you haven't unlocked?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
fc chat is also telling me that it's possible to level jump jobs you haven't unlocked, which i think actually does make this possible

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

When you use a boost book it logs you out and you log back in as the job

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to the tips earlier I've shot through levels 35-46 by doing the daily leveling roulette and story quests while completely ignoring non-main quests. It's crazy how much faster this is!

Looks like the next story quest isn't until 49 though, and leveling has slowed down quite a bit. Any more tips on getting from 46 to 49? :3:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you have a pile of levels and no intention of working on crafting, get a level 70 person to clear battlecraft leves around saint conach's find in mordhona for you in like 30 seconds while you sit at the levemete and turn them in. should do 46-49 in like an hour.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Your Computer posted:

Thanks to the tips earlier I've shot through levels 35-46 by doing the daily leveling roulette and story quests while completely ignoring non-main quests. It's crazy how much faster this is!

Looks like the next story quest isn't until 49 though, and leveling has slowed down quite a bit. Any more tips on getting from 46 to 49? :3:

Hunt logs, and challenge logs for fates and levequests were what I used to do to get the last few levels out of the way. There's also POTD now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i finally did it, after 32 runs. i got the balder tuck.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Reiterpallasch posted:

fc chat is also telling me that it's possible to level jump jobs you haven't unlocked, which i think actually does make this possible

i jumped nin on my alt so im 66 nin 1 lnc

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18253424/

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

In hindsight, I dunno why we didn't do a group shot at the end. I think since we got there in a short amount of time on the very first day, nobody really sold how cool it was.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been to the canals 16 times now

All but three times ended before floor 3

All of them ended before floor 6

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I've been to the canals 16 times now

All but three times ended before floor 3

All of them ended before floor 6

same but at least 3 of them ended on floor 1

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dryzen posted:

same but at least 3 of them ended on floor 1

I've got you beat in that category too

e: I still made 4m gil if everything sells at current prices though so

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, without the MSQ to give out gear, how should I gear my alt classes? I want to try out leveling an Archer, but I'm not sure where to get equipment other than crafting, and I've made no progress in Carpenter/Leatherworker.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LordHippoman posted:

So, without the MSQ to give out gear, how should I gear my alt classes? I want to try out leveling an Archer, but I'm not sure where to get equipment other than crafting, and I've made no progress in Carpenter/Leatherworker.

Just do dungeons and equip the gear they drop for 51-70

1-50 idk buy vendor gear or something

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

LordHippoman posted:

cheetah7071 posted:

Just do dungeons and equip the gear they drop for 51-70

1-50 idk buy vendor gear or something

Also, bear in mind that while PotD is tedious, it's extremely efficient thru lvl 60, doesn't require good gear, and drops enough Poetics on you to equip yourself nicely at 50 and 60.

Otherwise, if you're part of a goon guild (which if you aren't I recommend if playing on Excalibur/Omega/et al is feasible for you; there's a lot of reasonably helpful folks), feel free to ask in chat for crafted gear. As long as you're chill about it, folks are generally happy to hook you up.

Another option if you have a 50-70 combat class is to run unsynced dungeons solo. Time intensive but potentially worth it, especially if you also favor the armor sets as glamours.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

LordHippoman posted:

Early class quests (1, 5, 10 etc) will reward some equipment (you won't need more than that, at low levels you may as well run naked), at level 15 you can do the hall of the novice to get a level 15 gear set and a ring.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SonicRulez posted:

In hindsight, I dunno why we didn't do a group shot at the end. I think since we got there in a short amount of time on the very first day, nobody really sold how cool it was.

Our group didn't forget!

Many golds was had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Reiterpallasch posted:

if you have a pile of levels and no intention of working on crafting, get a level 70 person to clear battlecraft leves around saint conach's find in mordhona for you in like 30 seconds while you sit at the levemete and turn them in. should do 46-49 in like an hour.

I don't have any spare level 70 people lying around unfortunately :( I should've mentioned, I'm looking for solo-friendly stuff.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Hunt logs, and challenge logs for fates and levequests were what I used to do to get the last few levels out of the way. There's also POTD now.

I've already completed the hunting log, but I completely forgot about the challenge log! As for fates and levequests, where are the most level-appropriate ones? Also what even is POTD because a quick google search just made me more confused :v: