Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Gadzuko posted:

Path Avoid?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835555932

Spreading blight sounds pretty sweet. I wonder what the weather will be? We already have most of the normal stuff, maybe stronger storms or hail or something. Or crazy scifi weather like a hungry nanite storm or something would be fun.

The game is sorely lacking in city destroying tornadoes that made me fear storms in Banished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Warmachine posted:

The game is sorely lacking in city destroying tornadoes that made me fear storms in Banished.

Lightning started firestorms are quite dangerous enough. If you disagree, try starting in one of the forest biomes sometime.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I've been lucky in that rainstorms wash out the fires before they cause significant damage most of the time. My colony right now is in the "late game XCOM" mode where little can credibly challenge you outside sectopods doomsday missiles.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
That isn't luck, there's a feature that watches for fires and if they run too long it forces rain to start and put the fire out. There's a mod that disables that though:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952798593

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

az posted:

What was the name of the mod that let's you designate no go zones for your pawns to stop them pathing through hazards?
Err why not just set an allowed area for the colonists and remove that part?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

LLSix posted:

Lightning started firestorms are quite dangerous enough. If you disagree, try starting in one of the forest biomes sometime.

Just :lol: if you're not clear cutting the forest to make chemfuel and furniture.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Two-wide fire break of stone tiles around your base and you can safely ignore the most gigantic, raging, map destroying wildfires. If they're like, literally on your base doorstep maybe restrict pawns/animals from walking right into the middle of the fire for a few minutes because man is the pathing AI dumb, but that's about it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It would be nice if the counter to blight was crop diversification, to encourage something other than "spam rice for quick food, spam corn for efficient food, spam potatoes in lovely soil".

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Flesh Forge posted:

That isn't luck, there's a feature that watches for fires and if they run too long it forces rain to start and put the fire out. There's a mod that disables that though:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=952798593

Oooh, this is good. While I understand that it's to protect performance, I never liked the 'miracle rainstorm' whenever a fire took hold.

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
The 'miracle rainstorm' generally means that incendiary mortars aren't worth using. Annoying, but then the map slowing to a crawl because of a raging fire isn't so fun either.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Slung Blade posted:

That dropship mood is really cool and exactly what I was hoping for. Unfortunately it seems to break slightly everytime I reload a save where I have a ship on the ground, so I have to devmode delete it and rebuild :smith:

I think I found a solution for this issue, just don't completely fill it with fuel. I'm going on two reloads now and it seems to work, so hopefully I'm good now.

loving fantastic mod, I love dispatching a shuttle full of armored goons to an item cache. I need to try trading next.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Slung Blade posted:

I think I found a solution for this issue, just don't completely fill it with fuel. I'm going on two reloads now and it seems to work, so hopefully I'm good now.

loving fantastic mod, I love dispatching a shuttle full of armored goons to an item cache. I need to try trading next.

Because I cant choose a landing zone when moving to an unexplored map, I've taken to launching my assault squad via drop pod, then sending a support crew with food and medical supplies for "cleanup" via dropship.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Can you have the ship loiter a tile away and drop pod in one guy from your base? Let him scout and pick your landing spot after? I haven't tried.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Anybody know of a mod that will show what a Deep Drill resource is without having to put a drill on it? I'm bad at keeping track.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Heffer posted:

Anybody know of a mod that will show what a Deep Drill resource is without having to put a drill on it? I'm bad at keeping track.

Right here.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Well this is certainly a generous heap of rich soil :stare:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why is everyone wearing baskets on their heads

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's a hat you can make from Tribal Essentials, made of hay (straw).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Actually I'm playing Skyrim :v:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Couple questions about the cult mod, will forcing people to wear cultist robes before worship stop them from going to the worship service? like if I had a stockpile of robes right outside the altar and just made them change before going in? Also is there any way to raise the cult-mindedness of someone who is against the cult?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The effect of that is really subtle, I think it has more to do with the chance of success for various sacrifice spells. If you don't need power armor there's not really any reason not to just wear the stuff all the time though.

You raise cult-mindedness by just having them attend services, or there is a spell in Hastur that forces a large increase. Any regular service (scheduled or forced) or any sacrifice will raise cult-mindedness for anyone who attends. It will drop over time but basically 1 service per day is plenty to maintain it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm somewhat disappointed that I haven't gotten a raid in like three or four seasons. How am I supposed to make everyone psychopathic cannibals with no meals on wheels doing delivery?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't your ring up someone on the space phone and call their mother a whore or something? I can't remember if that causes raids.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think you can provoke a raid in vanilla, which is kind of a shame.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Could you call a trader and then murder everyone in that caravan? It seems like that might get a rep drop for you.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Well tbh if you can call a trader that's just as good isn't it?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
No, because you're paying for delivery (although you can also sell the stuff they bring to orbital traders who are wise enough to not show up in person at Hannibal's Trading Post And Rodizio). Once they're angry enough, delivery is free!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Got a raid last night......of mechanoids. Yeah sure whatever, needed the plasteel thanks game.

Jerk.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

Got a raid last night......of mechanoids. Yeah sure whatever, needed the plasteel thanks game.

Jerk.

We need a race of robot cannibals

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
If you've managed to repair relations with all of the human factions, then you'll only get mechanoid raiders when the storyteller rolls up a raid event.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't think it's possible to fix your standings with pirate factions though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
outside of a bug it is not, but there's plenty of places on most planets you can land on that are out of reach of any local pirates.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
...Did I just commission a life-size sculpture of the Cheetos mascot?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I never messed much with attacking settlements but I figured you could "fix" your pirate standing by wiping out all their settlements in diplomatic range.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mzbundifund posted:

...Did I just commission a life-size sculpture of the Cheetos mascot?

Ahh, made by President Frank Underwood under his artistic pseudonym "Blundy"

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Warmachine posted:

Because I cant choose a landing zone when moving to an unexplored map, I've taken to launching my assault squad via drop pod, then sending a support crew with food and medical supplies for "cleanup" via dropship.

Slung Blade posted:

Can you have the ship loiter a tile away and drop pod in one guy from your base? Let him scout and pick your landing spot after? I haven't tried.

Yeah this totally works, send out the ship to 1 tile away from destination, then launch a guy via pod to the edge of the target map, then go back to the world map and tell your ship to land wherever you want.

Fuckin rad.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Slung Blade posted:

Yeah this totally works, send out the ship to 1 tile away from destination, then launch a guy via pod to the edge of the target map, then go back to the world map and tell your ship to land wherever you want.

Fuckin rad.

Yeah, that's how I handled a crashed ship anomaly from the tactical computer. Dropped "Chimpanzee" in via pod, then had the actual commando team come in via ship afterwords. Scooped up 5 people; 3 from the ship, and two from an ancient danger on the map.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, that's how I handled a crashed ship anomaly from the tactical computer. Dropped "Chimpanzee" in via pod, then had the actual commando team come in via ship afterwords. Scooped up 5 people; 3 from the ship, and two from an ancient danger on the map.

Indeed, this is exactly what this game needed. I sure hope the mod author keeps up with it, they do great work.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I don't think the dropships mod is on steam. Can you mix and match workshop mods with download mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Heffer posted:

I don't think the dropships mod is on steam. Can you mix and match workshop mods with download mods?

I've had no issue. Ran into a situation where some Steam mods wouldn't update while others would so I was doing about half and half... though I *only* use 8 mods or so.

Edit: I can't believe I didn't check to see if goons played Rimworld before.